The forum is now up and running again! Thank you all for your patience over what ended up be a lot longer than anyone expected when we first turned them off. A few notes:
- The forums are now located at https://forums.giantitp.com instead of www.giantitp.com/forums. All links should automatically redirect to the new URL, but in case you need to know for some other reason, now you do.
- Some of the technical changes that were made were either experimental or couldn't be properly evaluated without the full load of the forum's regular users. It's possible that in a few weeks, we may need to take them back down to adjust things. If that happens, it won't be as long as it was this time. And unless it crashes, we'll warn you about it ahead of time.
- The sidebar with the links to the rest of the site doesn't have the updated links to the latest comic or news article. This is a known issue that has to do with the fact that the forums are now on their own server. We'll be working on this going forward.
- Due to the outage and the period of very slow access before it, we're relaxing our rules on Thread Necromancy. Any thread where the last post was November 1, 2019 or later can be posted in without issue, until the end of April (at which point the regular cut-offs will apply).
- Rawhide has posted a changelog in Site Issues with more details on some of the other changes to the forum software, including some fixes for things that have been broken for a while. He's also set up a thread where you can report problems.
Thanks again for sticking with us, and also everyone should thank Rawhide for putting in a lot of extra unscheduled work fixing this for us all.