PDA

View Full Version : Theory Thread!

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-19, 12:34 AM
A thread where we discuss theories that could actually happen. Not made up bullcrap.

STARTING: NOW.

WHen he said "breathe his last breath" that could mean many different things, like him not having to rely on oxygen, or the breath of some evil guy or whatever.

JaxGaret
2008-12-19, 12:41 AM
WHen he said "breathe his last breath" that could mean many different things, like him not having to rely on oxygen, or the breath of some evil guy or whatever.

Undead works too.

fangthane
2008-12-19, 12:57 AM
This should probably be tagged with spoiler in the title, but failing that...
Belkar:
He's gonna draw Lemmie's card from the Deck (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/artifacts.htm).
Xykon:
He's going to either lose, or lose interest in, the bid to control the Snarl. Either way, he doesn't get the power.
Vaarsuvius:
Because V does.
Durkon:
Is going to die, be resurrected in some fashion (some claim as undead, but that'd be too easy) and return to his homeland running in front of hostiles. The devastation predicted by Odin's oracle turns out to be vastly overstated. He later gets offed by the Snarl.
Haley:
also dies at the hands (squiggles?) of the Snarl. So much for her being necessary to Elan's happy ending. :)
Elan:
turns out to be remarkably easy to please; turns out he's happy just to be alive. :)
Roy:
manages to destroy Xykon but is laid low by Redcloak prior to the goblin's demise at the hands of a Snarl-empowered Vaarsuvius, who regrettably renders the trio into their component quarks and beyond the reach of resurrection.

Don't tell ME what I can and can't speculate. :smallbiggrin:

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-19, 01:06 AM
I don't think Haley will be unmade. MAYBE VERY NOT MUCH SO Durkon.

Gargor
2008-12-19, 01:09 AM
DUrkon, Belkar will die, i think redcloak will eventually betray xykon, roy never gets rezzed and fans are constitinally pissed by this fact.

JaxGaret
2008-12-19, 02:47 PM
roy never gets rezzed and fans whiners are constitinally pissed by this fact.

Fixed.

10characters

Flame of Anor
2008-12-19, 08:55 PM
Durkon and Belkar will die; I think that Redcloak will eventually betray Xykon; Roy never gets rezzed, and fans are constantly pissed by this fact.

Fixed.

Re-fixed.
10characters

littlequietguy
2008-12-21, 02:38 PM
Here’s my complete uncensored prediction-

Crystal kills haley then teams up with bozzak on belkar finishing him off.
Meanwhile Durkon dies in a fit of bad luck possibly one of the following:

Mutiny
Amateur assassin trying to kill hinjo (probably a very nervous guy who isn’t actually all that evil)
Random encounter gets lucky
V-man kills him while being hypnotized by Qarr
Dies trying to escape from the boat when he sees his dwarven homelands

Then the news of Haleys death somehow gets to elan in one of the following ways

One of the people haleys seen since the order splitting up (The bard/rogue/sorcerer, Cleric of loki, Celia, Old blind Pete Thanh ect.) reaches elan and informs him
Crystal seeks him out him for further vengeance on Haley
Cleric sent the message before belkar/haley died

Will get the news to Elan He will find his way to the dead bodies of each order member and bury them/pay last respects probably taking their items (greenhilt sword, Haley’s Bow and arrows, Durkons Hammer and shield, Belkar’ daggers and scruffinater)
Then he’ll journey to Girards gate, (possibly after a encounter with the thieves guild)
Once Elan gets to the gate one of the following things will happen.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He will meet up with V and break him or her out of the hypnotism and team up to solve the puzzles and riddles of Girards gate.

Has a showdown with V and Qarr and defeats them both (not with brute force but by tricking them into getting defeated by an environmental hazard.

Snaps v out of the mind control and they defeat Qarr and storm past the riddles with V-mans help

Elan and the V Qarr duo enter from slightly different places and do a riddle solving race and maze finishing challenge, possibly fighting each other in the maze

Then they (depending on whether V is alive) will make there way to the gate only to find Xykon waiting there possibly initiating some sort of Showdown

Past there its difficult to predict but I think Elan might end up defeating xykon with the combined might of all the Orders weapons.

At the end of the strip it might be suitable if Elan finds a diamond mine in one of the dungeons and revives the order.
But of course Roy then gets together with Celia and has a son who, following the pattern, wants to be a wizard and Roy, having learned all that he has, will let him succeed

maxon
2008-12-21, 03:06 PM
Fangthane - are you saying your prediction is basically that everybody dies ... except Elan?

Cheery soul, aren't you? :smallwink:

Assassin89
2008-12-21, 03:19 PM
Elan and Haley are married and have children.

Nale and Sabine attempt to reproduce in order to continue the series of homicidal behavior towards Elan. That or abduct the child of Elan and Haley

Roy and Celia reproduce and create a group of spellcasters and fighters, both of which Roy approves of.

Belkar dies of alcohol poisoning while celebrating the new year.

The oracle is crushed by a D&D book

Flame of Anor
2008-12-21, 05:17 PM
When he said "breathe his last breath" that could mean many different things, like him not having to rely on oxygen, or the breath of some evil guy or whatever.

This has been rehashed in many threads. The Oracle says, in many different ways, that Belkar will die. He says that he "shouldn't bother funding his I.R.A.", "should savor his next birthday cake", etc.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-21, 05:27 PM
This has been rehashed in many threads. The Oracle says, in many different ways, that Belkar will die. He says that he "shouldn't bother funding his I.R.A.", "should savor his next birthday cake", etc.

Saw that after making the thread.

Yeah, I see how that works now.

NerfTW
2008-12-21, 10:56 PM
A thread where we discuss theories that could actually happen. Not made up bullcrap.

STARTING: NOW.

We have an entire forum for theories, no need to confine them all to one thread.

dark-sage 95
2008-12-21, 11:05 PM
V in his quest for ultimate power Joins Redcloak in his quest to release the snarl after Roy kills Xykon!

not sure after that.

Dogmantra
2008-12-22, 12:15 AM

I still maintain that he was lying there.
He only said "will draw his last breath" in the oracular trance, and he can see the future. He could have known Roy was going to remember everything, because, apart from anything, he can look forward to when the book is published (though I think that was rule of funny...).

SSGW Priest
2008-12-22, 01:43 AM

Given the current economic climate, there are quite a few of us wondering about the utility of funding our IRAs. Mine's only lost a third of its value. Cripes, the Giant is a genius... the Oracle foretold the recession.

Who knows, maybe the next birthday cake is going to be Belkar's favorite type.

Draw his last breath - ever, who knew Belkar was an artist? Draw, not breathe.

Not long for this world. The Oracle is absolutely correct, Belkar is not long for this world. The dachshund he rode was long for this world. Belkar is of average width.

In the end, regardless of the speculation and semantic wordsmithing, the fate of Belkar is in the Giant's hands. He lives or dies not by the Oracle's tales, but by the will of the Giant.