PDA

View Full Version : 4e. Question about Improved fate of the void

Kiyona
2008-12-19, 02:07 PM
Hello all,

Starting a new campaign after christmas and Im finally gonna try 4e.

One question though, Fate of the void nets you +1 to attack for every cursed enemy you down ,right? It stacks up to three enemies. But what happenes with imp fate of the void? Is it +1 from fate, and then +1 from imp fate per enemy, or is it just added to the total? Is the total +4 or +6 for three downed enemies?

Thank you guys =)

SadisticFishing
2008-12-19, 02:09 PM
+6 from three. I believe this was answered by WotC Q&A, but I'm not sure - I do know that that is the answer though.

NecroRebel
2008-12-19, 02:11 PM
It says that your Fate of the Void gives an additional +1, so it gives an additional +1. So if x creatures under your curse dropped, you'd normally get +x to a d20 roll, but Improved Fate of the Void increases that to +x+1. It doesn't matter if x is 1 or 1000, it still gives +x+1.

That's my reading, anyway. Very few things give much more than +1 attack in 4E, so it also seems to fit the design philosophy. :smallsmile:

Asbestos
2008-12-19, 02:13 PM
It says that your Fate of the Void gives an additional +1, so it gives an additional +1. So if x creatures under your curse dropped, you'd normally get +x to a d20 roll, but Improved Fate of the Void increases that to +x+1. It doesn't matter if x is 1 or 1000, it still gives +x+1.

That's my reading, anyway. Very few things give much more than +1 attack in 4E, so it also seems to fit the design philosophy. :smallsmile:

Seems right to me, getting up to +6 seems... overpowered by 4e standards.

Kurald Galain
2008-12-19, 02:32 PM
Seems right to me, getting up to +6 seems... overpowered by 4e standards.
I disagree. How often is it really that three of your cursed enemies will die in the same round, anyway?

Without this, the feat doesn't seem worth taking; heck, starlock's pact boon itself doesn't seem worth taking. Unlike the other three, this one rarely does anything useful.