PDA

View Full Version : I just went back and re-read #612 (Pete)

silvadel
2008-12-19, 02:12 PM
He was entreating his "guild-mates" to be able to go to his den. His den where all of those weapons were stored. It makes me wonder what Pete was going to do once there. Could he possibly have been telling the truth when he said to Belkar that he was going to turn on the guild again? And just rolled a really lousy diplomacy check?

Linkavitch
2008-12-19, 02:17 PM
Possibly. But, then again, probably not. It's true, he betrayed Haley to get his eyes back, but what reason could he have for turning his back on the Guild? (Other than saving his skin, that is. But, he would have been in his den, and could have barricaded himself in there to hide from Haley.)

T-O-E
2008-12-19, 03:14 PM
Edited due to my own stupidity.

Eloel
2008-12-19, 03:20 PM
No he wasn't, it was after he was healed.

someonenonotyou
2008-12-19, 03:31 PM
hed probly get a bow for defence and kick everyone out of my house

NerfTW
2008-12-19, 03:49 PM
If he really was coming back to help, he would have told them ahead of time so they would know to prepare.

Most likely he just wanted to steal the bows so he could use them. He was probably planning on running again while the guild was pre-occupied with Haley.

T-O-E
2008-12-19, 03:58 PM
No he wasn't, it was after he was healed.

That's weird. Forgive me for my stupidity.

gameinstructor
2008-12-19, 04:00 PM
Secret stash? One hidden from the guild because they all use spot checks and he hid it in plain sight?

(Trophy)

David Argall
2008-12-19, 07:09 PM
Very unlikely.
On the available evidence Pete had no way of knowing Haley, etc would even be alive when he got back.
Nor can he figure that he will be able to do any critical amount of damage.

So if he did have such a plan, he was guilty of criminal stupidity.

David Demola
2008-12-19, 07:18 PM
He was entreating his "guild-mates" to be able to go to his den. His den where all of those weapons were stored. It makes me wonder what Pete was going to do once there. Could he possibly have been telling the truth when he said to Belkar that he was going to turn on the guild again? And just rolled a really lousy diplomacy check?

That's actually a really good point. If he was going to help the guild, he would've said "Hey, I have weapons downstairs in my room. Let me get one and help you kill Haley." It's not like he was hiding the fact; the clan knew it was there (as we found out recently).

So why was he trying to surreptitiously go downstairs? Maybe just so he could prevent Haley from stealing his bows?

fangthane
2008-12-19, 07:31 PM
Um, the door to the den is right next to the front door, not downstairs... Maybe you really *are* the :mitd:

:smallbiggrin:

TheRagi
2008-12-19, 07:34 PM
Amazing how many real people Pete was able to fool. :smalleek:

Thorin
2008-12-19, 10:23 PM
Amazing how many real people Pete was able to fool. :smalleek:

Muajaja-high-five