PDA

View Full Version : Space Opera: A cruise to Remember (IC)

Pages : [1] 2

Krrth
2008-12-19, 06:15 PM
Opening:

Your characters are in the starport on Simurgh V. The ship you are waiting on is the Glorious Day, a passenger liner the services the nearby systems.

The Simurgh system is on the outskirts of known space, and is much like an old west frontier town.

Simurgh is a "K" type star (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orange_dwarf), with 7 planets in the system.

The main inhabited planet is Simurgh V, a Steppe type planet with a population of 100,000 mostly human, but with a mixture of other races.

Energy weapons, with the exception of stunners, are illegal except for those authorized to carry them.

Your reasons for being here vary. Some of you are on vacation. Some of you are on assignment. Some of you are even waiting for the ship to arrive so you can get to work.

What do you do?

Moral Wiz
2008-12-19, 06:26 PM
Dr. Erica Amleth

A moderately tall woman, about five foot five, with short black hair and dark blue eyes stood out from the crowd through her clothes, a sky blue crisply cleaned medical uniform. Erica clicked her teeth, with a hint of irritation as the red-shirted employee of the port told her just when the ship was supposed to arrive

Well, this is slightly vexing

She went over to the seat, with her traveling bags next to it, resting on a rather primitive wheeled transport. She sits back in the seat, and looks round the room at the passing mass of sentients. After a short while, she produces a Micro-Computer from her uniform, and starts examining it.

Erica probably left most of her possessions with Port Staff to take on board the Glorious Day. They've all been clearly labeled with her name, ready to be taken to her room. The remaining bags are her uniforms, some civilian clothing, and her field medkit. Old habits die hard

Raz_Fox
2008-12-19, 06:52 PM
Llyrid

A small canine - vulpine, technically, as she'd be sure to tell you - sat on one of the waiting benches, intently staring on a puzzle that was the descendant of a Rubik's Cube. Click. Click. Click. The little puzzle spun between her paws, colors dancing from side to side. Within moments, the puzzle was solved, every color on the same side. She pressed a randomizer button, and she began the puzzle again.

After solving it several times, she sighed. "When is that slow hulk of a ship going to arrive?"

Greystone
2008-12-19, 07:21 PM
Dr. James Rollins

Dr. Rollins also sat on a bench. He is short (about 5'4) with a lean body. He wears what look like exploror's garb, hell what you'd expect to see out in a jungle. He has on a white shirt with a many pocketed vest over it, with a pair of Cargo shorts.

His heavily tanned skin and callused hands suggests that he works outside. His eyes are covered by a wide-brimmed Boonie hat. A heavy duffel and backpack are besides him.

"Well that'll get annoying real fast" the snide voice in his head remarked and the puzzle.

"Not as irritating as you"

"...Touche"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-19, 10:32 PM
Bianca Han

An unkempt woman in a ripped black duster and an oil-covered tank top walks over to Doctor Rollins, pulling behind her a suitcase in equally dirty condition. Her grimy red hair goes just to her shoulder, tied back by a simple piece of copper wire. She removes her overcoat and hangs it off of her free arm, showing numerous tattoos up and down her upper arms, the most obvious a stylized writing of the phrase 'Sur, Sura, Sundari' on her right shoulder. After a quick breath, she takes a seat next to the good doctor and puts her large boots up on her luggage.

"Afternoon, James! Looking forward to our little trip? Have you ever been on a ship this big? What kind of engines do you think they use? How fast do you think it can go?"

She pauses, blushes for a moment, and starts again.

"Sorry doctor...I get kind of worked up around big ol' starships like this...how're you feeling?"

OOC: Krrth, I'm assuming it's cool I don't have all my gear lined up just yet. I'll have it done very shortly; I'm just still trying to get my head around all the equipment they have listed.

Krrth
2008-12-19, 10:47 PM
Pumpkin3.1415
That's perfectly fine. I expect the first part of this to be mostly RP and getting to know the system. Feel free to ask me any questions you have about the gear.

Greystone
2008-12-19, 11:01 PM
"hmm, she's a talkative one eh?"

James simply smiled "Oh its perfectly fine Bianca" he chuckles "As you very well know I now nothing about ship specifications, but I have been on several ones this size"

He gets comfortable against the wall "They are very comfortable, well it wasn't on The Kesler 7, but I don't think the chances of that happening again are very high" his eyes begin to lose focus.

Han! *gasp*

...AMLETH!! *gasp*

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-19, 11:13 PM
I was waiting for you notice, Grey. Simply a celebratory reminder of our former glories together. :smallbiggrin:

"Well, I haven't been on a ship this big. I've been on cargo vessels that are probably smaller than this boat. I'll admit, it's going to be weird getting to enjoy the ship's features that are outside the engine rooms. I wonder what this thing's galley looks like...for a crowd this size, I bet it's huge! I am looking forward to a meal that isn't condensed protein supplements. And a nice bed...I don't know about you, but I think I'm done with cots for a while."

Greystone
2008-12-19, 11:21 PM
Rollins looks a little hurt "I thought you said you liked my cooking"

"She liked? YOU don't even like your cooking"

Krrth
2008-12-19, 11:22 PM
Glorious Day

The Glorious Day is a Skate class passenger liner with a crew of 650 and a total passenger capacity of 3800. It masses 50,000 tons.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-19, 11:26 PM
"Aww, don't you give me that...it's not that it's bad, but that's all we've been eating for what, eight or so months now? I'd kill for a single fresh slice of turkey right about now...or ham...or chicken...or any kind of real meat, I suppose. I know it doesn't keep as well as the food blocks do, but one man can only do some much with that and some prepackaged spices."

Bianca lets out a friendly laugh and pats the doctor on the back. Her wrists jingle with numerous bracelets, some of which are completely rusted over.

"I didn't mean to offend, James, really. You can out-cook me any day, that is one thing I know."

Greystone
2008-12-19, 11:34 PM
"Well Sh*t she must suck"

"I was just giving you a hard time" James said with a smile " I don't really think about food a lot" his hands actually inch towards his bag, which holds the instruments of his life's work.

James glances around "Where is that ship?" he looks over at the tall woman and the Canine "Excuse me, do either of you know when this ship was supposed to get here?"

am I supposed to be picturing Serenity from Serenity? Say Shiney once, I dare you

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-19, 11:45 PM
I wouldn't dream of it, Grey. I know just because it's in space, doesn't make it Firefly...

But when you're on a long excavation trip in the middle of the Nowhere quadrant of the galaxy, I figured there wouldn't be too many grocery stores around, you know?

"In a bit of a hurry, there doc? Starsick already? Can't blame you, I suppose. I think the hum of engines does a person good, you know?"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 01:58 AM
Dr. Erica Amleth

Erica looked somewhat surprised at the oddly dressed Dr. Rollins walking forward to talk to her. She noted his companion as well, though didn't react to her.

An interesting duo.

Ship? You mean the Glorious Day?

Venom
2008-12-20, 03:41 AM
Romow

Stroling up to the gate where the Glorious Day is scheduled to appear is a fair sized feline. One would say he stands about 5'10", but his long stone gray fur hides his bulk well enough that even guessing his weight would be difficult at best. His casual attire is betrayed by the military style duffel he's carrying at his side. As he sets his bag down by the canine playing with her logic puzzle, Romow sits down on the bench barely making any noise at all. Gazing at his watch he trys to appear nonchalant.

So, he looks over at the vulpine with his emerald green eyes and says in a low yet oddly soothing tone, how long have you been waiting?

Raz_Fox
2008-12-20, 09:28 AM
Llyrid

The vulpine is very small, barely four feet in height, with a long bushy tail that's almost as tall as she is. She's dressed in a casual ISS uniform, with a lot of luxuriously long red fur exposed to the breeze. When she hears him, her tail flicks upright and she glances over with sea-green eyes.

"Well, I actually got to this planet a week ago - I hitched a ride with Captain Parlazi as he crossed the system - and I've been staying in a run-down hotel over thataway down two blocks waiting for the ship and looking around the city and I've been waiting right here for two hours now waiting for that kitty-livered ship to actually get here so I can wait another hour or so to actually get on board and get to my cabin. Frustrating, to say the least. Exceedingly frustrating! ...So, how long have you been waiting?"

Venom
2008-12-20, 09:42 AM
Romow

At hearing the petite vulpine give her long winded dissertation Romow immediately regrets sitting next to the vocal lady. His face remains serene but the tip of his long tail begins to flick in aggitation the longer Llyrid talks. Ah, I've been waiting, he begins while looking at his watch again, about two minutes, he says half jokingly, half sardonically.

Krrth
2008-12-20, 09:43 AM
An announcement blares from overhead.

Attention! The Glorious Day has entered the system. Estimated docking time is one hour. Will all CS ticket holders for the Glorious Day please report to medical for processing! I repeat, will all CS ticket holders report to medical for processing!

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 09:44 AM
Does that include crew boarding?

Krrth
2008-12-20, 09:49 AM
Not yet. The CS (cold sleep) ticket holders have to be prepped and put into the Cryo tubes. The ship isn't actually docked yet.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 09:51 AM
Blasphemor! Everything must be a firefly or Star Wars reference

"Yes, the Glorious Day" he begins just as the announcement comes overhead "Oh well look at that I suppose I'm done waiting eh?"

"Introduce yourself!"

"My name is Dr. James Rollins" he offers his hand.

"Why did you want me to introduce myself?"

"You never know" the voice said lecherously

"Your disgusting"

"And bored"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 09:58 AM
Dr. Erica Amleth

Not for another hour, I'm afraid, Doctor.

She smiles, slightly, and shakes the offered hand. As one professional to another.

Dr. Erica Amleth. Chief Medical Officer of the Glorious Day.

She nods at whatever reaction Rollins makes, her minute smiles still there

Just returning from leave.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 10:00 AM
"Oh so your from the Glorious Day? You'll pardon me if I don't wish to see you at work" he smiles broadly "Is there any rules or crew I should watch out for...I normally like to avoid confrontation"

"I'd let her give me an exam"

"Shut up"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 10:19 AM
Dr. Erica Amleth

The Capitan tends to be amicable. Watch out for Rosso though. Lieutenant Rosso. He's Chief Duty Officer, and always gets about, supervising things personally. He's also... zealous. If you get caught breaking company rules when he's about, you'll have a foe on your hands. The Sec guys all fear him, only Nik, head of security, seems to be able to stand up to the bastard.

Erica's slight smile fades as Rollin's grin broadens. Her voice is quiet, but cool, detached, that of one giving narration more than commentary. Even when she insults her fellow crew members.

Company rules... well, you can find a hand book in your cabin. Essentially, don't endanger yourself and others; don't do anything that'd get you arrested planet side and don't offend the first class passengers. That should be the essence.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 10:33 AM
As her smile fades, so does Rollin's "Err...I'm sorry if I have touched upon a sore subject" he points over his shoulder "I guess I have to go through medical for processing...Good to meet you"

he looks over his shoulder "Come on Bianca, its time to be processed"

Krrth
2008-12-20, 10:38 AM
Greystone
You're traveling in Cold Sleep? Are you sure about that?

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 11:03 AM
The minute smile returns for an instant

Oh, don't worry, it's not that sore a subject. I can deal with Rosso.

More after I know if you really are going to be spending this time in cold sleep

Greystone
2008-12-20, 11:03 AM
Oh, is that what it means

The doctor suddenly stopped and actually listened. He chuckled in embarrassment "Err...I guess not" he looked back "I need to listen more closely"

"Dumbass"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 11:09 AM
The doctor leaned back in her seat, eyes closed.

I was wondering about that. Few people approach Cold Sleep quite so happily.

Raz_Fox
2008-12-20, 11:14 AM
Llyrid

The vulpine's ears perked up, hearing the doctor's comment about Cold Sleep. She turned, giving the tall human a fanged grin. "Oh yes, CS is nasty. There's just so many ways for things to go wrong - being frozen for eternity, brrrrr. Really, why waste that valuable time being in arctic sleep instead of experiencing life aboard a ship, interacting with others and actually living?
Are you one of the crewmembers?"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 11:22 AM
Err...
A moderately tall woman, about five foot five Sorry

Erica nods, through closed eyes

Yes. Chief Medical Officer Erica Amleth, just returning from leave, as I was telling the Doctor.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 11:32 AM
"i can understand your views" The Dr looks fondly at his knapsack "I dislike CS mainly because I cannot continue my work"

"You are such a scientist" he said it like an insult.

Krrth
2008-12-20, 11:36 AM
For future reference: Passenger Classification:
There are 4 types of passenger classification.
The lowest is Cold Sleep (CS).The passengers are cryogeniclly frozen for the duration. Has a 1% fatality rate. 50 crd/light year traveled.

Low passage (LP) used to be known as steerage. 4 passengers per room in bunk style beds. Limited access to the ship. 75 crd/ly

Middle Passage (MP). Two people per room, and access to most of the ship.125 crd/ly

High Passage (HP).First Class. Access to almost all the ship's resources, single occupancy room. 250 crd/ly

Raz_Fox
2008-12-20, 11:41 AM
Llyrid's four foot two. Tall human is almost an oxymoron for her. :smallwink:

Llyrid

The vulpine nods. "Nice to meet you, Erica Amleth. I am Llyrid of the Tarkaden. And you are?" She asks, nodding at the slightly smaller human.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 11:42 AM
"Oh, my name is Dr. James Rollins" he extends a hand.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 11:45 AM
Dr. Amleth

The Medical Officer kept her eyes closed, but her voice comes at this point, clear as anything.

I'm curious, by the way Doctor. What's your field?

Greystone
2008-12-20, 11:50 AM
James blinked "Oh I am a Anthropologist specilizing in Bio-Engineering and Xeno cultures" he shrugs "Nothing too special"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 11:59 AM
An Anthropologist interested in Xenos Cultures... interesting.

She smiled a little more, at this point almost looking like a normal happy human being..

Forgive me, please. I just... like to take an interest. You meet so many people in this job.

What do you do then? It's hard enough for a trained medic to find employment these days, what does a Doctor of Anthropology find to pass the time?

Raz_Fox
2008-12-20, 12:05 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid grabs James's hand with a strong grip, far stronger than would be expected for her size. "Nice to meet you, Doctor Rollins. A xenobiologist, eh? I'm useless at xenobiology - mind explaining what the job entails?"

Greystone
2008-12-20, 12:11 PM
"Oh its perfectly fine Dr" he looks at the around " Oh well I travel from dig to dig, I mainly just work"

He turns to the canine "Well I just do excavating and such, taking ancient Genetic samples and trying to learn about ancient cultures" he shrugs "I don't get to take a lot of time off, but I love my job"

"What do you do?"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-20, 12:20 PM
Dr. Amleth

You do archeology?

The Doctor opens her eyes, seeming truly intrigued

Now, that's interesting. You got a favorite topic for investigation, some fascinating alien culture or just go wherever the void will take you?

Raz_Fox
2008-12-20, 12:26 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid smiles. "I'm a scout working for the Intergalactic Star Scouts - Lieutenant Commander Llyrid. The past two months were particularly eventful, even for me, and the top brass decided that I needed a break - so here I am waiting to board the Glorious Day. It's very enjoyable, especially because it's gotten me into more scrapes and wild adventures than I can count on both paws! Of course, knowing my luck and my reputation, the Glorious Day will be boarded by pirates or crash-land on a hostile planet while I'm aboard..."

Adumbration
2008-12-20, 12:50 PM
Robert Jennings

Robert Jennings, a moderately tall, wiry human male arrives to the scene. He is dressed in clothes that MIGHT have been fashionable ten years ago, if even then. Make it twenty to be on the safe side. A woollen (surely it is a replica?), dark green sweater with black jeans, army shoes and a greying, short stubble of hair. One might guess - and not be far from truth - that his age is somewhere around 40, maybe 45, but only his hair and wrinkles around his eyes give out the fact. His body is sleek, his movements are certain, and he carries his large black metal suitcase with ease. One might even take him for an athlete.

An extremely observant looker may notice the Star Force Marine logo on his wristwatch, and if searched, an authorized vibroblade might be found holstered at his ankle, but the loose jeans hide the bulge easily.

"Hey. Hey! Yes, you! Come here for a minute." He waves at an official with authority. "When will the boarding begin?"

Krrth
2008-12-20, 01:28 PM
Startled official

Sir? Boarding will begin within the hour. I couldn't tell you exactly when, I'm afraid.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-20, 01:31 PM
In a tone dripping with sarcasm, Bianca replies to Llyrid.

"Pirates? I should hope not! I thought the cost of our ticket was for security! I figured this ship would be just chock-full of Sky Marshals and the like! I don't know if I feel safe now! James, let's go! I don't want to go on if there are pirates!"

She turns and begins to rummage around in her bag and pulls out a brown paper tube, lights it, and puts it between her teeth.

"Pirates might actually spice up this little voyage, truth be told. Of all of what I've seen of them, pirates really aren't too bad when you know what you're doing. I don't know exactly what people do on pleasure cruisers like this one when they aren't working on the engines and such. That, and I don't think I'm allow to smoke onboard.

Oh, and my name's Bianca for any interested. Nice to meet the lot of you!"

Venom
2008-12-20, 06:20 PM
Romow

Romow's ears perk up when he hears that lieutenant commander bit from the irritating Llyrid. ISS? he says to Llyrid. Nice to know we'll have someone competent on board if anything were to happen concerning pirates, he says with a grin, showing his more than prominent canines.

He then looks at the pair of doctors. No offense meant, he says half heartedly. I'm sure you're more than capable in your own fields.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 07:12 PM
"Well Doctor, just about anything I stumble across is what I work on" he says humbly.

James shakes his head "Bianca behave" he teases.

"None taken" James says with a little salute.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-20, 09:18 PM
"Aww, c'mon James! They know I don't mean any harm. Just messing around...

Well, in case they, don't, apologies all around. I really didn't mean to offend."

She makes a shallow bow, and turns to the Romow.

"And just because I look like a mess right now, I've seen the business end of a disrupter enough times to be wise to them. Name's Bianca. Pleased to meet you!"

Greystone
2008-12-20, 09:49 PM
"seen the business end? You can say that again!" he looks into space "Ah remember the time those graverobbers ambushed us on Khal 7 and you were almost..."

You can fill in what happens here :smallamused:

Raz_Fox
2008-12-20, 10:04 PM
Khal 7? :smallamused:

Llyrid

Llyrid yawns, revealing long fangs and a red tongue. "Seeing the business end is all well and good, but have you gotten some experience with the firing end? Trust me on this: when it comes to blasters, there's none better than Llyrid of the Tarkaden!"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-20, 10:07 PM
"DON'T...remind me, James. That was not a pretty day...

And blasters, will, they aren't exactly my thing. Can't say I have too much experience with them.

Disrupters, that's more my style."

Krrth
2008-12-20, 10:22 PM
Attention all passengers. The Glorious Day is now docking at Port number three. Will all LP ticket holders please report for embarkation. Thank you.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 10:22 PM
Mwhahahaaha!...LP?

James laughs outload at this "Well good, because I will tell you know that I am practically useless in a fight" he pats his luggage lovingly "I am a scientist, not a combatant"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-20, 10:26 PM
"Hahahaha...we know, James. We know...but you're good at other things, and that's why I like having you around!

Anyway, I'd say it's time to head on-board! Where are you all bunking on the voyage?"

Krrth
2008-12-20, 10:27 PM
Low Passage. Check slightly up the page for a classification guide.

Greystone
2008-12-20, 11:12 PM
"yes indeed" James smiles "I recently found a very large dig site in the Corsican System and sprung first class for the two of us"

He points at himself and Bianca with a smile.

"Yeah and it cost us a pretty penny"

"Are you complaining?"

"Naw, but I felt the need to interject"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-20, 11:16 PM
"And that was real nice of you, James. I was willing to work for passage, but this guy insisted. I will pay you back one day, I promise. It doesn't feel right having you pay for it.

But thank you," she says with a blush.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 12:03 AM
Rollins mock frowns "and I told you, there is no need for that Bianca" he shakes his head " As I've always said, they don't pay you engineers enough, and they overpay me...think of it as a Birthday Gift"

"Well It'll be a better gift than that Tribal necklace i got you...I mean, who knew that particular tribe used their own hair to weave their jewelry"

"What have I told you?"

"Stop talking"

"Thats right, never turn down money"

"Argh, why couldn't that artifact have simply killed me"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 12:13 AM
"Hey, I may not've ever worn it, but it was really useful to clog that exhaust leak when those raiders blasted a hole in the engine block of that one ship we were on. Really, it was one of the best gifts I've ever received, in that regard.

Besides, it was sweet in its own way. Really, I don't want you to have to worry about it. You'll make me all worried or something. I mean, all I've ever gotten you is...well, other than giving you a chance to escape back on Altron 3, nothing really..."

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 12:46 AM
Dr Amleth

The aforementioned Doctor smile faded, but did not disappear, at Romow's words

We've got security for that sort of thing. Fighting. Can't say I care for it myself. I became a medical officer to try and make up for some of the death and injury caused by war

She actually looks a bit... dispirited by this. She's still quiet too

Idealistic, no? Too bad this job paid better. Even if it does mean coddling every Aristo with a head-ache... err, no offense

She gestured at Rollins and Bianca, the first time she'd moved her hands, barring that shake of Rollins'. She's surprisingly quick.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 02:22 AM
"Well, you don't have to worry about me, Doctor...uh, I don't think I caught your name, ma'am.

Anyways, you won't have to worry about me. I happen to know my way around a bandage as well, and I can patch myself up if need be...unless I'm in a real bad way, but I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. Actually, if you need any help in your infirmary, feel free to give me a call. I can't do brain surgery, but I at least know how to put in a C-Line and what have you. Might be able to help out if you get your hands full, you know? Not that you're not capable of handing yourself, of course. But an extra pair of hands never hurts in your line of work, I'd imagine."

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 02:47 AM
Dr. Amleth

I caught yours, I'm afraid, Miss... Bianca? Anyway, I'm Doctor Erica Amleth

She looks slightly tired at having to repeat herself, but still seems more or less fine. She even brightens up at the mention of an extra pair of hands, well, by her standards anyway

And we haven't got a shortage. For once. Fully stocked med bay, staffed by a team of MediTechs around the clock. We're unlikely to need help anytime soon, I'm afraid. If we do, then I don't think anyone's going to refuse you though.

If anything, it's the opposite problem. We've got the capacity to treat a hundred people. On a pleasure liner. Barring a major disaster, us med staff have a lot of equipment and little to do.

Venom
2008-12-21, 05:00 AM
Romow

Name's Romow. And you're a doctor as well Ms. Bianca? As I said before, no offense was meant. He said with a slight bow. It's just most doctors I know, unless one is a combat medic, wouldn't know a 40 watt plasma rifle from a needler.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 05:07 AM
Dr Amleth

Erica frowns

An exaggeration, surely. A needier and a plasma rifle are completely different weapons. You don't need to have more than a cursory understanding to tell the difference

She doesn't appear to have picked up on the humor

Greystone
2008-12-21, 08:44 AM
"Well, to be fair that was a very important escape" he coughs meaningfully "I believe that particular group wanted to eat my liver"

"No offense Taken" he holds up his hand to Amleth "Though I am not an Aristocrat...heh I'm a farm boy from Solaris 3."

James caught it, but he also pats his jacket pocket "Well, I'm decent with a needler, but yeah I wouldn't be too good with a plasma rifle."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 01:29 PM
Bianca begins laughing so vigorously that the cigar drops from her mouth.

"Hahaha..me? A doctor? No, no, no...I'm a glorified mechanic, really. I know some basic meditech, is all, so I have a small amount of medical knowledge. But I'm hardly a doctor.

I really don't have much experience with a plasma rifle, that's true. I've gotten my hands on some old 7.62mm rifles back in the day, though. What a kick they'll give you! I don't use them anymore, but I can hold my own in a fight, believe you and me.

And obviously it was important, James...we're still here, aren't we?"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 01:39 PM
Dr. Amleth

What a pair..

Erica rolls her eyes, though only after closing them. She smiles gently at Bianca and Hollins

Well, where are you bound? The Glorious Day has a long list of ports it docks with each voyage.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 01:45 PM
"Honestly, Dr. Amleth, I have no clue. James hasn't told me a thing about this voyage, other than I'm to stay out the engine room and enjoy myself...which I've generally assumed to have been mutually exclusive to each other."

She chuckles to herself, and grabs the cigar she dropped, and extinguishes it in a nearby receptacle.

"I'm hoping we're going somewhere cold...I've never seen snow before, have you, Doctor? I've heard it's magical looking...I mean, tiny crystals falling from sky? Sounds like something out of a fairy tale."

Bianca sighs, and puts her duster back on. She removes the copper wire holding her hair back, and the greasy mess flops out unenthusiastically. Bianca puts the wire back in her bag, and pulls out a black boonie hat, just as worn and greasy as the rest of her ensemble.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 02:48 PM
"As a matter of fact...we ARE going to where there is snow" he shrugs "Its not an ice planet for sure, but it is winter where we're going" he coughs "I have to see an old friend about a...problem I have"

he glances meanifully at Bianca.

"Erm, what? You mean me?"

Raz_Fox
2008-12-21, 03:18 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid shivers. "Snow? I've seen it before and gotten it strewn across my pelt - it's cold and wet and uncomfortable. Ugh - give me sun and warmth any day.

...Problem? What problem would you have?"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 03:21 PM
"Really, James?! Snow?! Oh, this is gonna be awesome...I hope I packed enough warm clothing! Oh, thank you James! Thank you!

...Man, I am not looking forward to your birthday this year...I can't think of anything I could get you..."

Bianca takes off her headwear and hangs it behind her head with the strap around her neck. With a laugh, she responds to Llyrid.

"Oh, wasn't it some tablet or something like that, James? Something you couldn't translate, right?"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 03:38 PM
Dr. Amleth

Sorry to hear that, Doctor. Never good to have to consider something serious on a pleasure cruise.

The little smile fades for a moment, before returning, soon enough. It seemed hard to permanently suppress.

What's the problem? Anything a medic with a large med bay full of resources can help with? That's more or less what I'm employed for, after all.

She briefly holds a hand to her head, trying to guess where the Doctor and his Companion are heading to, but soon gives up with a gracious smile

And where's the world? Afraid I haven't got our itinerary memorized, not really my area. I might come ashore myself thoug, Captain permitting. I've seen snow before, but not often. It'd be nice to head down for a little chill outside of the black.

Rollins for the new Dr. Who! :smalltongue: Didn't spot that one before

Oh, and Amleth wasn't so much a total war reference, more just me casting about for a surname I liked. :smallamused:.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 03:40 PM
"No it was..."

"Shut up, Go with it!"

"a piece of jewelry, but its really all the same"

He turns to the Dr. "I'm not exactly sure, but its on Graon, the Capital city of Argeth" he shakes its head "I doubt medicine can solve my problem"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 03:49 PM
"Argeth, hmm? I can't wait to get there...I don't think you can either."

She sensually strides up to James and leans directly up to his ear, in a opposingly serious tone.

"C'mon James, at least try to roll with me on this one...we have a cover story for a reason, you know..."

Greystone
2008-12-21, 03:57 PM
The back of his neck flares red "Err, yes, sorry about that"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 04:07 PM
Dr. Amleth

With a tablet? I suppose not. Or jewelry either, for that matter. Closest I can come is an ability to check your personal MedBand..

Erica recognizes nerves when she sees them, but doesn't peruse, merely continuing to smile gently, reassuringly

What's wrong with this jewelry then? Can't you identify the civilization it came from?

Greystone
2008-12-21, 04:14 PM
"Well, I know what civilization its from" he shakes his "Its Forerunner, but I simply don't understand its meaning"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 04:21 PM
Dr. Amleth

ForeRunner?

She looks slightly taken aback by that, but smiles, if a little more weakly

No wonder you can afford first class, if you can treat ForeRunner jewelry so casually, Doctor Rollins. You'll probably be the toast of at least one dining room conversation

So, what's the problem with understanding it? Engravings you can't translate?

Does the Linguistics skill cover written language anyway? Curious. I know Erica doesn't know Rollins has it, just saying

And how common are ForeRunner relics? I'm guessing not very, but I'm not sure.

Jolly Steve
2008-12-21, 04:29 PM
"Afternoon, James! Looking forward to our little trip? Have you ever been on a ship this big? What kind of engines do you think they use? How fast do you think it can go?"

"There's no friction in space! Any ship can get up to any speed under light speed given enough time!" Tuesday thinks.

"Why don't people care about stuff like that?"

Furious, he calms down by working on his role-playing game, Space Opera.

Krrth
2008-12-21, 04:34 PM
Forerunner artifacts and civilization.

Not much is known about the Forerunner civilization. It disappeared a long, long time ago.....before any of the known civilizations had figured out what that hot substance was on that wood over there.

They colonized the entirety of known space, and ruins can be found all over the place. The level of technology they evidenced was extremely high: Matter transmission, time manipulation, and the like. No evidence of what happened to them has ever been found. No one is even sure what the looked like, beyond being humanoid in appearance. Artifacts from forerunner ruins command a high price. Artifacts that still work can command the price of a small planet, or more.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 04:40 PM
"Well I can decphier it" he shakes his head "I just can't understand it"

He glances up "Its not casual, its irritation I assure you"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 04:47 PM
Dr. Amleth

Hmm

Erica's truly interested in this now.

Mind letting me have a look at a transcription? I enjoy puzzles, and really, might as well.

She sighs

I'll probably have to be heading into the ship soon, to make sure the MedBay's all ok since I left. And after that, I'll have nothing to do till we hit FTL. I'd appreciate it.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 04:55 PM
James smiles "Sure, I let you see a translated copy of the transcription"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 04:59 PM
Dr. Amleth

Sure.

Erica smiles as James hands it over, either on paper, or through a connection to her MiniComputer. She nods as she looks it over

Thanks. That'll keep me busy for a bit.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 05:10 PM
"Oh your perfectly welcome Doctor" he reaches out his hand "Well if you have to go, I shall see you around, nice meeting you"

"Very nice"

"Shut Up"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-21, 05:19 PM
Dr. Amleth

Erica shakes the hand, and bows, smiling at the Doctor

Indeed. Same here, Doctor. I'll probably see you later, although hopefully not in the MedBay.

If I get anything interesting out of this transcription of yours, I'll let you know. I might come and have a word with you anyway, actually. It's rare to have academic company on voyages like this.

With that, she picks up her bag, and heads off in the direction of boarding, looking to get on board the Glorious Day, and to make sure the MedBay was in working order, MediTechs on standby, ect.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 05:30 PM
"Nice meeting you, Doc! See you around, I suppose."

Making sure that Doctor Amleth is well out of sight, she begins nudging Rollins with her elbow.

"Well, look at you, James, a regular Casanova over here. Looks like you made a friend. And she wants to see you again...I had no clue you could be so suave!"

Bianca wraps an arm around James' shoulder and begins to chuckle.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 05:47 PM
Jame's blushes and begins to stammer "I..err..well you see ah" he shuts his mouth before he can embarrass himself more.

The voice in his head merely laughs.

Venom
2008-12-21, 06:36 PM
Romow

Snow, he chuckles to himself. I'd love to be anywhere that it's cold enough to snow right about now, he says with a sigh.

Listening in to the conversation about Forerunner technology he feels the need to chime in. I'd be careful who you let know that you even know what that stuff is, let alone tell strangers you have a piece. Whether it's on you or not. Those innocent looking trinkets, as I'm sure you know, can drive normal beings to do things that would be better left unsaid, he says to the doctor in a hushed tone.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 07:38 PM
"You know he is right"

"Since when are you helpful"

"Did I tell you?"

"...Touche"

"Err, yes I understand sir" James says in an equally quiet tone.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 07:41 PM
After hearing Romow speak, Bianca simply looks at James and begins uncontrollably laughing. Her eyes begin to water and her sides begin to ache. A few moments pass, and Bianca regains her composure.

"Sorry...I was just thinking about something completely unrelated. Yes, I'm sure Forerunner artifacts pack quite a whollop. Probably can do dreadful things to man, isn't that right, James?"

Greystone
2008-12-21, 07:46 PM
"Why that Bi**ch I'll-"

"Do nothing, your in my head"

"Yes Bianca" James's eyes narrow at his friend "I have heard rumours of side effects"

Raz_Fox
2008-12-21, 08:16 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid grins at James. "Actually, I'd like to take a look at that as well - I love to solve puzzles, if that's your problem." She turns to the scruffy mechanic. "Of course, that's always the way, isn't it? Tales of Foreruner technology that can break minds carelessly and turn normal men into maniac, megalomaniac madmen - but there's also the time-travel technology, the genetic manipulation that gives men thirteen lives, stuff beyond man's ken. When you're dealing with the Forerunners, anything could happen..."

Krrth
2008-12-21, 08:19 PM
Raz

You forgot the Lightsabers and the Zero point energy modules, both of which have been found at multiple locations....

Greystone
2008-12-21, 08:26 PM
James looks away from Bianca to look apologetically at Llyrid "I only had one extra copy, but I will be glad to give you a copy on the ship once I get it done"

Ipphli
2008-12-21, 09:56 PM
Tamro

A tall man dressed in a Star Force uniform walks by the small group. Short, dark brown fur that's begun to grizzle covers his body. His long tail swings back and forth casually. As he hears mention of the Forerunners, his ears perk up and he strays over towards the small group. He speaks in a deep baritone. "Excuse me, did I hear someone mention a Forerunner artifact? One of you actually has one?" He sounds genuinely excited by the idea.

Sorry I took so long to get involved. Been very busy. Anyone with the knowledge will recognize the insignia for an Engineer, 2nd class on his uniform. So somewhere between a captain and a commander.

Xapi
2008-12-21, 10:04 PM
David Hardin

We are late, Sputnik, LATE. You were supposed to remind me of the cruise, weren't you?

I did, sir. You gave me a specific order not to remind you again. I recorded it just in case this would come up, as it did.

*** Please, Sputnik, just don't bother me for a while, oK? ***

I swear, I would tear you to pieces for following my orders so strictly.

David storms into the passengers lounge, and is relieved to see that they were not done boarding yet.

He addressed the person closest to him (anyone can take on this)

Excuse me, are the MP passengers boarding already?

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 10:12 PM
"No sir, stranger, I think just LP class just got--

Waitaminutewaitamintue...Wait. A. Minute.

Is that a AutoMek 358K High-line Model B?! I didn't think they still made these! Where in the high heavens did you ever find a model like this one?!

Actually, I could just ask it, couldn't I? Where'd you come from, 358?"

Greystone
2008-12-21, 10:15 PM
James looks startled and replies slowly "err, yes I do have one"

"I knew this would happen the minute you mentioned it!"

At Bianca's words James smiles "Bianca, leave the fancy robot alone, what have I told you about bothering people?" :smallamused:

Ipphli
2008-12-21, 10:20 PM
Tamro

Tamro turns to face James, smiling widely. "Really? Might I see it some time during the voyage? I've always been fascinated by the Forerunners; always wondered if I could reverse-engineer one perhaps." He extends his hand. "Tamro Lerris, Engineer 2nd class, Star Force. A pleasure."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 10:20 PM
"Awww, James, come on, I'm not bothering anyone! I think. But this is a High Line Model B!! They haven't been in commission for something like...20 years! And the Cs and Ds they replaced them with are garbage! This is one of the top examples of Mek technology at it's finest! Can't I just....

Oh, I know you're right..."

Xapi
2008-12-21, 10:27 PM
"No sir, stranger, I think just LP class just got--

Waitaminutewaitamintue...Wait. A. Minute.

Is that a AutoMek 358K High-line Model B?! I didn't think they still made these! Where in the high heavens did you ever find a model like this one?!

Actually, I could just ask it, couldn't I? Where'd you come from, 358?"

Permission to answer.

Granted.

I have been made operational for the first time 23 year, 150 days, 5 hours and 7 minutes ago. I've been out of operation for some years until Engineer Hardin purchased me and fixed me, and I have been operational ever since, that was 8 years, 20 days, 6 hours and 30 minutes ago.

Precisse, isn't it? My name is David Hardin, and the Mek answers to the name of Sputnik.

He extends his hand to Bianca.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 10:35 PM
Bianca firmly shakes David's hand, and does not let go for an oddly long amount of time.

"Oh, Mr. Hardin, Bianca's my name and let. Me. Tell. You that you have a fantastic taste when it comes to meks! What exactly do you do, Mr. Hardin?"

Without waiting for an answer, she quickly turns to Sputnik.

"Sputnik, huh? What're some of your programmed functions, there, Sputnik? Do you run the basic hard-line interfaces or do you have custom mechanical programing for a specific field?"

Greystone
2008-12-21, 10:42 PM
James simply shakes his head knowingly , knowing she simply can't help herself. Turning his full attention to the new man he extends his hand.

"Dr. James Rollins, good to meet you Tamro" He fidgets then sighs "I'm sorry, but due to reasons I am not at liberty to discuss, I cannot let you examine that particular artifact...though I do have several more, though understandably not a lot are Forerunner"

Krrth
2008-12-21, 11:04 PM
About this time, another announcement blared:

Attention all Patrons! Would all MP ticket holders please report to gate 47-c for boarding. I repeat, would all MP ticket holders please report to gate 47-c for boarding.

Xapi
2008-12-21, 11:18 PM
I am programmed to do maintenance and repairs in the mechanical and electrical fields, and interact with humans in regards to those things. Aditionally, Mr. Hadin has added a few functionalities to my sistem, such as date keeping, reminders, voice recording and increased my interacting capabilities to reflect that.

I'm an electromechanical engineer, and my job, up to a month ago, was the maintenance and repair of an Independent Starship. It was a Streamliner model 412, and if you know your mechanics as you seem to, you'd know keeping those things up in the air is a full time job.

I am now retired, and intend to go back home to Sulustia after this cruise is over.

Perhaps you can tell me about yourself while we board. Or are you staying in the high end facilities?

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 11:24 PM
"Full time job? Pah...you must've been married to the thing...I can see why you'd need such a good mek to help you out. 412's look flashy, and Streamliner knew that's a good way to sell boats, but there are just so many problems with the internals...

But you said you're an independent, huh? Well, that's another thing we have in common it seems.

And yes, James has sprung for the swanky rooms, but I'll be sure to stop by to see Sputnik........and yourself, of course...."

Greystone
2008-12-21, 11:29 PM
James's ears perked up at her last comment and turned 'Excuse me sir" he said politely "Didn't you say that you were MP? Well they are boarding now"

Xapi
2008-12-21, 11:35 PM
Yes, I did. I'll see you both inside then. It's been a pleasure.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 11:36 PM
James nods "Yes, indeed"

Venom
2008-12-21, 11:39 PM
Romow

Standing and grabbing his duffel at the announcement he turns to the doctor. See? That's what you get for even mentioning the word Forerunner, he says smirking as he starts walking toward gate 47-c.

Greystone
2008-12-21, 11:40 PM
James sighs and gives Rorrow a mock salute "See you on board"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-21, 11:48 PM
Bianca sighs and waves to those headed off to their cabins.

"Bye Sputnik! See you onboard later!"

With a huff, she turns back to her belongings and pulls out another cigar, and lights it in anticipation for a long wait.

"Jeez, you'd think when we're first class, they would let us on first. I'm getting a little planetsick, I think. Sooner we're on the move, the better.

Do you think I should shower when we get on-board, or do I look alright?"

Adumbration
2008-12-22, 05:15 AM
With the announcement, the middle-aged man in a green shirt gets up from the suitcase he has been sitting on and proceeds to gate 47-c. Finally.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 07:27 AM
"Well, I don't know about you" james smorks "But I want to be clean, I rarely get the chance in my line of work."

Raz_Fox
2008-12-22, 07:33 AM
Llyrid

When she hears the announcement, Llyrid leaps up and grabs her backpack. She pauses only to shake James's hand, "See you on board!" and then she's off to board the vessel.

Krrth
2008-12-22, 08:39 AM
Shortly after the MP passengers are called, those remaining in the lounge hear:

Attention all remaining passengers! Will all HP ticket holders p lease report to Gate #1 for boarding! I repeat, all HP ticket holders to Gate#1

Those with MP tickets (Spoilered for space)
When you arrive at the specified gate,a somewhat bored looking agent collects your tickets and checks your ID. You are then ushered into a boarding tube which leads to deck number 3. Once there, you are treated to a short holotape on shipboard safety rules, as well as regulations. Once that finishes, you are shown to your cabins, where or some reason you are given a small bag of peanuts.

Your cabin:A double occupancy cabin with good cuisine and steward service, but not up to High Passage standards. The cabin is similar to the High Passage
cabin in having both a day and night configuration. The two beds fold down to become comfortable couches, with storage under these couches,
lockable by key. There is also a small foldable table and fold-out washing facilities, though passengers must use communal freshers. Note also
that the Middle Passage cabin does not include the entertainment facilities (holotank, etc.) found in High Passage.

Those with HP tickets: (likewise spoilered for space)
When you reach gate number one, you are greeted by cheerful, happy seeming, smiling people. They greet each of you by name, and welcome you aboard the Glorious Day. You are shown to your cabin, where your guide gives you the short orientation message everyone on board the ship has to get. When they finish, they give you a small fruit basket.

Your cabin:The High Passage Cabin represents a fairly roomy and sumptuous living area with excellent steward service and the finest cuisine available.
It is shown in both day and night configurations. The bed folds into a raised platform with a luxurious couch and fold-down wet bar. The
cabin includes a three dimensional holotank for entertainment, a two dimensional screen with access to the ship computer for library or business
data (for travelling execs), and a private fresher with a shower. There is also full luggage space for personal baggage. The desk includes a
recreational computer and folds down to lock, only opening to the proper fingerprints.

Xapi
2008-12-22, 08:50 AM
Well, Sputnik, here we are. Were you able to record the ship's map from the holotape?

I guess Krrth should answer this one for Sputnik.

Also, does David see his roommate?

Raz_Fox
2008-12-22, 09:16 AM
Llyrid

After waiting for an indeterminable time in the MP tickets line, Llyrid got through and rushed up to her room, putting her backpack beneath her bed and beginning to sort out her belongings, putting her uniforms and clothing in a small closet.

Krrth
2008-12-22, 09:21 AM
Sputnik

Yes Sir. I can also pull whatever information you need about the ship's specs as well.

You don't see a room mate. A quick check of the records shows that you are by yourself until the next stop.

Adumbration
2008-12-22, 09:26 AM
Robert Jennings

After a few minutes of leisurely wandering in the corridors of the ship after the safety briefing, Robert finally finds his cabin. The keycard clicks quietly in the lock, and the door slides open.

"Hey there. You a burglar, cleaner, or my roommate?" The tinyest of pauses. "My guess is that you're the roommate." Robert stands in the doorway. "My name is Robert. Robert Jennings. Call me Rob, if you like."

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 09:45 AM
Dr. Amleth

As she enters, Erica doesn't mess about. She heads straight to the Medical Bay. She doesn't bother to announce her return, she just smiles at the MediTechs on duty

Everything ok? Stocks in shape, medical records on system, no problems thus far?

Krrth
2008-12-22, 09:52 AM
Medbay

Doc! Good to see you. We've been swamped while you were gone!

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 10:01 AM
Dr. Amleth

Swamped. Really?

Erica looks surprised, then smiles. She actually smiles wider than she did when talking with those passengers, though it's slightly grim.

Well well. You guys let some previously unknown xeno plague ravish the ship in my absence?

Xapi
2008-12-22, 10:01 AM
Great. I don't trust the tourist guide wannabes running this ship for a second.

It seems we're alone in the room for the time being. You can take the extra bed for yourself.

I believe that would not be appropiate, sir

My sense of humor is just wasted on you, Sputnik.

David will store his stuff properly.

How much time until liftoff? And what are the precautions one must take before it?

Krrth
2008-12-22, 10:07 AM
Medbay

Yeah, swamped. Let's see...we had two grav ball players injure themselves...4 guests got tummy aches...15 hangovers...oh, and George over there "injured" himself trying to pick up a Heavy Grav worlder.

George waves sheepishly

Sorry Boss. I was drunk, and someone bet me I couldn't do it.

Xapi
You've got about an hour or so. They're still resupplying the ship. The only precautions are to strap yourself into your bed during takeoff.

Raz_Fox
2008-12-22, 10:19 AM
Llyrid

Voice dripping with sarcasm, Llyrid responds, "No, I'm a burglar. Of course I'm your roommate. Good to meet you, Robert - I'm Llyrid of the Tarkaden, but just call me Llyrid. Attempts to call me Llyr will be met with clawing. Come on in, Rob."

Jolly Steve
2008-12-22, 10:23 AM
"I'm a pilot" Tuesday thinks to himself, role-playing his little heart out.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 10:36 AM
James turns to Bianca "Come on!"

He hurries onto the ship, through the ticket lines, and to his room.

The suite was wonderful, four rooms (Two Bedrooms, a living room/kitchen and a bathroom) and james went Directly to his room. He carefully set up his stuff, organizing it carefully. Then he pulled out a small safe and put it underneath the desk...it was very important.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 10:53 AM
Doc Amleth

Erica groaned, though she still had that little smile

Don't worry. That's probably the most interesting thing that's going to happen for a while.

So, anything there unresolved? Barring George's... interesting choice of relaxation, nothing very far outside the book in that lot, is there?

Venom
2008-12-22, 11:01 AM
Romow

Once onboard he takes a look at the hologram describing the decks. Verandah, Lido, Promenade, Riviera... Why can't they just label them something simple like Star Force would, he thinks with a sigh. Checking his ticket it reads L-25. He grabs the nearest Glorious Day crew member. Lido deck number 25, he asks brusquely, where is it?

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-22, 11:06 AM
As James hurries off, Bianca slowly takes one last puff of her cigar, and throws it into the closest tray. She packs up her belongings and begins to tail James.

I thought I was excited to get out of here...

After they enter their suite, Bianca hangs her duster in her closet and begins packing her clothes neatly into the drawers of her bureau. She looks pensively around the room, and then heads into James'. She knocks solemnly on the doorframe and looks in.

"Hey, uh...James...I have a question for you...and I think it might really affect how this trip goes."

C'mon Bianca...you can do this!

"Jamesdoyouthinkthere'sacasinoonhere?...

I mean...I know I tend to lose a lot of money...but.....it's fun...."

Adumbration
2008-12-22, 11:11 AM
Robert Jennings

"Well, Ll-yrid," Robert struggles a bit with the double Ls. "Llyrid. Got that right?" He heads for his own bed, tossing the suitcase onto it, pausing with his hands on the double locks. "You're from ISS?" Glancing at the uniforms, trying to decipher the rank. "Lieutenant commander, perhaps?"[/COLOR]

He opens his own suitcase, revealing three neatly folded uniforms of his own. "Used to be a lieutenant myself, back in the days."

Krrth
2008-12-22, 11:12 AM
Medbay

Naa, we're good here. Duty officer keeps coming down and demanding an inventory, but we've been able to put him off by telling him he needs to talk to you. He'll probably ambush you shortly.

Glorious Day Random Crew Member # 512

Sir? Lido deck is that way. Just ask the computer for directions.

Venom
2008-12-22, 11:21 AM
Romow

Ask a computer? he asks quite indignantly. Whatever happened to crew members knowing their own ship? he says as he turns away and starts marching toward lido deck. He'd be swabbing the decks until he got intimate knowledge of each and every deck if I had anything to say about it. Computer! he barks at the thing. Number 25 lido deck!

Krrth
2008-12-22, 11:24 AM
Ships Computer

Greetings Mr.Romow. Please follow the green light on the wall to your left. It will lead you directly to #25 Lido deck.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 11:28 AM
Doc Amleth

Rosso... Bloody Rosso... What did I do to deserve that, you ungrateful people?

Sighing, and muttering slightly, she heads off... to her office. If she can grab an inventory printout quickly, she could throw that at Rosso, and get him distracted long enough to spend some time in her room, unpack, relax ect..

She doesn't seriously blame the MediTechs, and they know it by this point. Just her reaction to having to deal with the duty officer.

Krrth
2008-12-22, 11:50 AM
Medbay

Eh, don't worry about it too much. We happen to know that unless the captain declares an emergency, the Book says you have a week to turn in the results after being given the request. Even if he does catch you, he can't do anything.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 12:00 PM
Doc Amleth

Meh. The sod'll still pester me for it though, no matter what the book says. And knowing our luck, someone's brought guns on board or something, and we'll have an emergency as soon as we hit FTL.

Steeling herself, the doctor smiled from the door, and looked round at the Meditechs, obviously pleased.

Still, thanks for the tip. See you guys a bit later. Have fun. Make sure George doesn't try wrestling the Heavy Geer next time.

With that, she heads off towards her own accommodation, hoping not to see a certian all too familiar busybody along her way..

Krrth
2008-12-22, 12:09 PM
Medbay, after the Doctor leaves

Think we should tell her it was the heavy grav worlder's boyfriend that caused the injury?

George:No. I'd never hear the end of it.

Rosso
Russo was looking for the Doctor. He wanted that inventory done, and the Meditechs were just jerking him around, he just knew it. Everything needed to be done, and by god he was just the man to see that id got done, right. Well, he'd run into her sooner or later, and then he's get his inventory.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 12:18 PM
Dr Amleth

The good doctor just kept her head down as she hurried through the bustling corridors, trying to blend in, to look like just another ticket holder looking for their cabin. With a little luck, and a little skill she could...

Greystone
2008-12-22, 12:20 PM
James looks up balefully from his unpacking and eyes Bianca "well" he takes on the expression of a stern father "You know I don't like it when you gamble all your savings away"

He stares at her a couple more seconds, then the facade drops "Eh, just don't lose to much, or you won't have anything to spend at port"

Krrth
2008-12-22, 12:21 PM
Russo

Doctor Amleth. I've been waiting on this inventory report for over a week now. Yes, I see you there. Stop hiding and get back to work. That inventory had better be on my desk first thing in the morning, or I'll have you up on charges.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-22, 12:29 PM
"Oh, James...you worry too much! I know when to cut my losses. Whether or not I do is a completely different matter.

I'm gonna grab a shower, then. Clean yourself up and meet me down there, and we'll grab some dinner. Come find me when you're all ready."

Bianca bolts to the washroom, does her business, and hurriedly runs to her room. A few moments later, she's out the door and onto the gambling floor.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 12:36 PM
Amleth@Russo

The first word hits her like a bullet. Considering it's her own title, that's pretty good going. Reluctantly, Erica turned and looked over at the Duty Officer.

You've been waiting on a report from me for a week? I just got back from leave minuets ago. Hens, the bag.. She gestures at Russo with the aforementioned, smiling. I commend your willpower, Lieutenant, but really?

This caused her smile to raise slightly, but not for long. She soon returned to a more serious mood.

Anyway, according to the Book, I've got a week to get it together, now that you've made the request. And the time is used. We maintain a large MedBay after all. You can rest knowing it'll be done well before then, though Lieutenant, I assure you, and thus, ahead of stranded operating procedure.

Krrth
2008-12-22, 12:55 PM
Russo

But...I need....Btt if it's even one second late, You'll be out of a job. No excuses. I will see to it personally.

Russo then stalks off, obviously upset over having his "authority" challenged...successfully.

Venom
2008-12-22, 02:03 PM
Romow

Once finding his room he slides his key card through the reader. As the door slides open he enters the room and begins to unpack his duffel. Might as well stow my gear and actually try to enjoy my "vacation", he thinks for a split second, after I find the security officer and talk with about the capabilities of this ship and its crew to repel pirates.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 02:35 PM
Dr. Amleth

With a quick nod, Erica quickly heads to her room, places the bag neatly by her computer terminal, then flops down on the bed. She's had a long day.

She just lays there for a few seconds, relaxing a little, though before too long her head is going over what to do next.

Now. First to unpack a little. Then, what's on my Itinery?

As she's a senior crew member, has Erica got anything she needs to be doing right now? Anything she ought to be doing, apart from the inventory? How long'll that take?

Raz_Fox
2008-12-22, 02:46 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid gives him a fanged grin. "Yep - very enjoyable. I'm simply taking a vacation from all the craziness I have to deal with as part of the job. Why are you here, Rob?"

Krrth
2008-12-22, 02:49 PM
Moral
Let's see....You've already checked in at the medbay, you've checked to see if there are any outstanding injuries to deal with....

Well, apart from the inventory, you'd need to go over the records during your vacation and make sure everything looks proper. You'd also need to double check the passenger records to make sure there isn't anything you need to be prepared for.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 02:52 PM
James yawns and after making sure everthing was in order took a long hot shower. He waited a little bit, giving Bianca some time to gamble before he got up and went downstairs.

He began to get frustrated. He always managed to get lost on these things. He saw that he had somehow managed to make his way to the Med Lab...

He brigtened, Maybe Dr. Amleth could help. She opened the door and snagged a nearby medic "Excuse me, where can I find Dr. Amleth?"

Adumbration
2008-12-22, 02:53 PM
Robert Jennings

"Why, I'm out to see the world! This time around, I hope, without the... Eh, nevermind. Let's just say that though I've travelled a lot, I didn't have much time to actually look around." Robert looks thoughtfully at the vulpine.

"Say, I could use a little update on what's been going around lately. I've been reading the reports, the books, but they're just data. I'd like to hear what it was like to... live through them."

"I guess I should explain. I've been under ice for the last ten years. I'm a cryo-hopper. So what's changed in the world?"

I'll be off now - we can pick this conversation up tomorrow, or we can have them talk it out out of view in a bar somewhere. Whatever's convenient. :smallsmile:

Krrth
2008-12-22, 02:59 PM
James @ Medic

The Doctor should be in the Medical Bay shortly. If you ask the duty nurse, she should be able to reach her for you....Is something wrong? If you need medical attention, there is an infirmary two doors down.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 03:12 PM
Dr. Amleth

Datawork. Still, that's why the link to the ship's central computer is such a good idea.

After packing up the few belongings that she'd taken with her on leave, Erica quickly changed, after a session in the refresher, into her more formal atire. Just for the first day back. Best not to give Russo any more rope.

Smiling her little smile, in the crisp navy blue uniform, she turned round and accessed the terminal, with a press of a few buttons. Including password. She liked her security.

Get me the records of all MedBay activity since this terminal was last accessed. Also get me the medical records of all passengers currently on board that have entered the ship since this terminal was last used.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 03:52 PM
"Oh nothing is wrong" James assured her "I just got lost and was wondering if she could give me directions" he smiles "You see, we met before we boarded"

Krrth
2008-12-22, 03:56 PM
James @ Medic

Oh, as long as you are all right. The Doctor would have my head if I let someone wander around sick or injured. Just head on up to Medbay, and they'll contact her for you.

Dr. Amleth

The records are about as expected. Most of the passengers are in decent health, as might be expected. The usual mix of Humans and Non-humans. A few stand out in particular however. One Gentleman seems to have spend an abnormally long amount of time in coldsleep. One alien is of a race you just encountered. Other than that, everything seems fine. Suddenly, a call comes through.

Hey Doc. Sorry to bother you, but you had a passenger looking for you. He said you met down on the planet. I sent him on up to medbay if you want to talk to him. Otherwise, they'll give him the runaround, as normal.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 03:59 PM
"Oh, alright" he nods, and turning heads to the Med Bay. Once he gets there he attempts once again to find her.

"Wait you can find the Med Bay but-"

"The directions were easier to follow"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 04:00 PM
Dr. Amleth

The aforementioned Doctor sighs, as the information slowly comes before her

Well, time to work

With that, she starts to read over the collection of records the computer had retrieved for her

Anything there? How long'll this take? Erica will be thourgh, I just want to know.

Krrth
2008-12-22, 04:02 PM
Moral
ninja'd by my own players...:smalleek: I edited my previous post to indicate what you found. In the mean time, two more posts came in...both exceptions are PC's, of course.

Venom
2008-12-22, 04:09 PM
Romow

After stowing his gear he decides to head out into the ship to find the security officer and ask him some questions. Computer! he said in his command voice. Security office!

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 04:12 PM
Dr Amleth

The Doctor laughs slightly, happily, at the Tech's words

No worries. Just finishing up with the records. Well done, by the way. Everything looks good, though there's a couple of passengers just shown up I'd like a word with

She looks at them still, as she responds to the unseen MediTech. She's clearly surprised at the mention of Rollins, though more curious than intrigued or offended.

Did he say what he wanted?

Any medical effects of overusing cold sleep? Potential problems?

And who was the alien? The good fox?

Raz_Fox
2008-12-22, 04:15 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid looks thoughtful for a moment. "That sounds like a topic that should be handled with enough time to explain it all and enough thoroughness to explain things well. Are you feeling hungry? We could talk about this over dinner..."

Krrth
2008-12-22, 05:29 PM
Romow

This is the security office, sergeant Schlock speaking. How may I help you?

Dr Amleth

He said something about needing directions. He said he was fine when I offered to take him to the infirmary.

Yeah, the alien is our friendly neighborhood Vulpine. You'd never seen one before today. As for Cold Sleep...does Death count as a potential problem? Every time someone enters coldsleep, there is a 1% chance of death. That's not usually a problem for the critically injured or those already dead, but most people avoid cold sleep if they can.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 05:44 PM
Dr. Amleth

Directions?

Amleth is confused, and sounds it, but brightens a little

I'll comm MedBay, leave an open line for him to get back to me. That way I can work, and talk. Russo will be proud.

Anyway, doesn't sound like anything too important. Just an Aristo asking to deal with a staff member he knows. Teach me for trying to be nice to a passenger.

With a smile, she comms MedBay

When Doctor Rollins shows up, just put him on this line, would you? I'll leave it open

With that, she made a final stab at finishing off the reports

I remembered that. I was wondering if trying it frequently had any other effects though. Risk of illness, ect.

Krrth
2008-12-22, 05:47 PM
Any risk in that regard would be taken care of during the processing. Although, the long term effects of repeated cold sleep really haven't been documented. It might be worthy of a paper.....

Greystone
2008-12-22, 05:55 PM
James strolls into the Med Bay and scans for a moment before snagging a nurse "Excuse me, do you know where a Dr. Amleth is?"

Krrth
2008-12-22, 06:15 PM
Medbay

Would you be Doctor Rollins? She left a line open for you. You can go ahead and talk.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 06:17 PM
"Thank you' he picks up the phone "Hello, sorry for bothering you, but I was wondering which way is it to the gambeling hall? You see I ended up at the Med bay and something else occured to me...something involved with the translation I gave you"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 06:24 PM
Dr. Amleth

Really? Have you decided to give me the rest of it?

She laughs down the line, if quietly

Gambling Hall's quite a way. You'll want to head out, take a right, then the left at the end of the corridor into a dining room. There's a staircase at that end there that'll lead straight up to it... still, what's that got to do with the translation?

Venom
2008-12-22, 06:26 PM
Romow

Clearing his throat. Yes, Sergeant Schlock, my name is Lt. Commander Romow of Star Force. It's nothing urgent, but I'd like to speak to you or your commanding officer as soon as it's convenient, and I'd like directions to your office from lido deck number 25.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 06:27 PM
"Nothing, its just I got lost, ended up at the Med Bay and remembered' he laughs "Here is the thing I forgot...There is something odd about the Forerunners...like there are passages missing if you will. Remember that as you are puzzling it"

He laughs sheepishly "Thanks for your time"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-22, 06:33 PM
She smiled. and her voice reflected it

No worries. I'd noticed. That, and the whole, two and one thing

She laughs, slightly harshly

I'll sum up your problem with trying to understand it now, Doctor Rollins. You don't have all the material. Simple as that. Either this artifact of yours is damaged pr it's one of a set, I don't know.

Still, thanks for letting me have a look. I owe you one.

See you later. Hopefully not beneath a laser scalpel.

She rung off, looking to finish the reports once and for all

Krrth
2008-12-22, 06:33 PM
Sergeant Schlock

Directions Sir? There is a security checkpoint just before each lift. Otherwise, go to the lift at the end of your deck, and take the lift to "C" deck. Follow the red stripe. Anyone in a red shirt can help you.

Greystone
2008-12-22, 06:46 PM
"Goodbye" he smiles slightly and hangs up. Now he attempted to follow her direction to the gambling Hall. As soon as he finally got there, he began to look for Bianca.

Venom
2008-12-22, 06:50 PM
Romow

Thank you sergeant, he replies as he begins walking to the lift. Once arriving he waits an impatient 20 seconds. Turbo my green eyes, he thinks sarcastically. When the lift doors open he steps inside. C deck. he orders the lift.

Ipphli
2008-12-22, 07:22 PM
Tamro

Tamro nodded farewell to the others as the MPs were called. He slung his back over his shoulder and strolled away. After handing over his ticket and putting his things away, he leaves again. He'd never been on a ship like this before. He wondered how the engines were configured...

Krrth
2008-12-22, 08:59 PM
With everyone on board the ship, the Glorious Day completes it's refueling and resupply. It lifts off into the sky, leaving a trail of fire and noise behind it. Soon, it passes beyond the reach of the planet and moves towards the jump point. The journey has started.

The PC's are free to go just about anywhere on the ship that isn't a private location. They may simply go to any public area, or any other place they have been invited. The wearing of weapons on board is prohibited..

Greystone
2008-12-22, 09:09 PM
A thought suddenly hits James, he pauses in looking for Bianca and slams his palm into his forehead "She's losing money before we even started to lift off!" he moaned in annoyance.

What had he been thinking! She was HORRIBLE at gambling!

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 12:58 AM
After the initial engines blast off and it's safe for the passengers to begin wandering about the ship again, a gorgeous woman catches James' eye from across the room. The woman is stunning, with a sleek-black strapless dress and a matching pair of black satin elbow-length evening gloves, offset by a simple pair of Japanese zori sandals, and absolutely unblemished, fair skin. Her crimson hair is tied back in a bun, with a pair of jade chopsticks holding it together. Between her teeth is a polished and shined cigarette holder extending about eight inches from her mouth with a lit cigarette at the end.

It takes James a moment to realize that it's Bianca, who after seeing the doctor runs surprisingly gracefully up to him and gives him a big hug.

"JAMES! You'll never guess! I WON! Fifteen-thousand credits! On an ace high! An ace high! I WON!

Of course, this was after I lost fifteen-thousand...so I broke even...But come on! I wanna celebrate! C'mon c'mon!"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-23, 02:50 AM
Dr. Amleth

The Doctor smiles as the last record is closed

Well, now then

She doesn't head off. That'd be irresponsible. She checks her received messages on the terminal, to make sure that no one's tried to reach her whilst she's been on leave.

Greystone
2008-12-23, 06:35 AM
James smiles weakly "Thats great Bianca"

"Wow she looks stunning"

"Sigh, can we go eat know?"

As James extracts himself to follow her out he begins to clutch at his heart slightly....15K lost and won...what a horrible game.

Xapi
2008-12-23, 06:58 AM
Hardin

As the Security lights went off, David took off the liftoff harness, took a quick shower, and went for a walk through the public areas of the cruise.

Considering what had happened earlier, and his goals for the trip, he decided to take Sputnik with him.

We're headed for the Bar, Sputnik, lead the way

Roger

He sits in the bar and orders a Purple Spatzo, wich was a very popular drink... some twenty years ago.

Is the bartender a human male, female, alien or robot?

What is the gravity like in the ship?

Krrth
2008-12-23, 11:03 AM
Xapi
Gravity is standard Terran. As for the Bar tender....if you are a MP ticket holder or lower it's a computer with a dispenser.
HP ticket holders get a live person in their bar

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 01:49 PM
"James? You coming? Let's go!"

Bianca quickly grabs the doctor by the arm and drags him to the grand dining room of the casino. She sits him down in at a table off in the corner, and then takes her seat against the wall. She picks up the menu and begins skimming through each of the sections until a waitress happens by, who Bianca promptly grabs and pulls over to her and James.

"Hey, sweetie, why don't you bring us over a couple of.....oh, I don't know...Manhattans. Straight up, with bourbon, not rye whiskey, half Caprano punt e mes dry and half campari instead of sweet red vermouth, a quadruple dash of bitters, and three, no! Four cherries each.

There'll be an extra two-hundred credits in it for you if you keep them coming without me having to ask you. Sound good? Good. Thank you!"

As the waitress departs, Bianca goes back to intensively studying the menu, her eyes blaze across the pages (or screens) through the selection. Casually, she begins to speak without taking her eyes off the literature in front of her.

"I hope you don't mind ordering a drink for you; don't worry, you can pick your own dinner.

Oh, and when the drinks come, I would highly recommend taking little sips at a time...that kind of drink isn't really meant to be drunk..."

Greystone
2008-12-23, 04:21 PM
The Doctor's mouth was slightly agape.

"Shut cha' pie hole stupid"

James shut his mouth and cleared his throat "Are you sure I'll like that" he looks nervous "I don't usually drink..."

Venom
2008-12-23, 07:20 PM
Romow

Getting down to "C" deck Romow exits the lift and stands there for what feels like an eternity until something finally clicks inside his head. Damnit Romow, you're on vacation, enough work. Go and do something...FUN. Go have a drink at one of the bars, gamble...something. At that realization he turns around, and pushes the button for the lift. Grabbing a "red shirt" he asks Where can I go to get a drink and lose some of my hard earned money?

Krrth
2008-12-23, 07:25 PM
Ensign Fleegman

Sir? Um...if you want to get drunk, the passenger bar is on "D" deck, one level down.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 07:52 PM
"...Really? I'm sorry, James, I just kind of assumed...I mean...we've never really had a dinner together before. Well, alone, at least. Alone that wasn't in an excavation tent. In a restaurant. That's what I mean. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable.

We've been sailing together for what, almost a year now, right? It feels like it's been a long year. We don't really know too much about each other, do we? I mean, we know some important things, but I don't really know to much about you. You're a quiet guy, but you act, which I can respect. Like this trip: it's a nice change of pace, I'll admit. Actually, it's probably the closest I'll get to being like...oh, listen to me, babbling on. You're probably bored to death.

Just...thank you, James.

Do you know what you're going to get?"

Greystone
2008-12-23, 07:58 PM
"Oh, I'm not uncomfortable" he assured her "Its just that I have a very weak stomach for alchohal" he grimaces "And I doubt you want to have to deal with me drunk"

He reaches his hand across the table and smiles "You never bore me" he suddenly realizes what he is doing and coughs, masking his move by then picking up his menu "I think I am going to have the Arefu Steak, you"

before she answers he chuckles "Bored to death? Have you ever heard ME rant? Don't thank me, I haven't done anything that special" he looks distant "Have I?"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 08:12 PM
"You've done a lot, James. I mean, you gave me a break when I really needed it...I don't want to think what I would've had to end up doing if you didn't let me come on that excavation trip with you.

And this cruise! I mean, this ship is bigger than some capital ships I've been on! Not to mention this is some of the most sophisticated AI I've ever seen! Everything about this ship screams top of the line. You really didn't have to spring for first class, you know.

But since you did, might as well live it up, right? I think I'm going to get the beef wellington with a side of lobster..."

Greystone
2008-12-23, 08:17 PM
"Let you come?" James looks vaguely confused " Well, you did need help...and you are an excellent Mechanic..."

He smirks "What is the point of going on a pleasure cruise NOT first class eh?"

He looks over and signals a waitress "Excuse me" he says polity "I believe we are ready to order" he looks at Bianca "Do we want an appetizer?"

Ironically this song came on my Ipod when I wrote this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Scz_mi3-TjE&feature=related

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 08:39 PM
"I'm good if you are. I'm personally going to try and save room for desert.

For dinner, ma'am, I will have the beef wellington, extra rare, and a side of lobster tail. Thank you."

Greystone
2008-12-23, 08:42 PM
"And I would like the Arefu steak with a baked potato on the side. Medium well please, and just butter on the potato"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 09:14 PM
OOC: I'm assuming the waitress took our order and has since taken her leave of the table.

"So, James...this may seem like an odd question...but if pirates did attack us, what would you do?"

Greystone
2008-12-23, 09:21 PM
James blinks then looks thoughtful "Well that depends" he chews his lip in concentration "Well if they just wanted our things, I wouldn't fight them" he stares directly at Bianca "But if they were hurting people, I may ave to do something rash"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 09:27 PM
"That's sweet, James. But don't.

Any trouble from the outside, you head straight to the Medbay. On a ship like this, that's the first place they're going to secure, and it'll be crawling with security. You'll be safest there, alright? Just stay there until all the trouble blows over, understand?"

Greystone
2008-12-23, 09:33 PM
James looks serious suddenly "What have I really done in life eh? I cannot abide people hurting others" he shakes his head "I couldn't fight them, but maybe I could offer them something more, like my artifacts or money."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 09:39 PM
Bianca breathes a deep sigh and sips some of her drink.

"Listen, James, we aren't gonna get hit by the pirates in those children stories...these would be the real deal, and if they think you have treasure that you aren't giving to them, they won't have any qualms about killing you and looting your body. And some of them will just end up doing that anyway..."

She hesitantly moves her hand across the table and brushes her's against James' palm. With a weak tenderness, she pleads.

"Please James...Medbay, alright?"

After she speaks, she moves her hand back and takes another swig of her drink.

Greystone
2008-12-23, 09:46 PM
James swirls his drink and looks at her sadly "Alright...I promise. I-...just can't understand why there would be any violence if we cooaperated..."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 10:08 PM
"A wise man once said, 'Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.' When you don't know how to do anything else, you can still figure out how to hurt people. It's hard-wired into our genes or something like that. At least the dumb pirates only have the here and now in mind...the smart ones are the ones you really need to watch out for."

Greystone
2008-12-23, 10:10 PM
James shuffles his feet " I never resort to violence. I couldn't intimidate a rather buff flea"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 10:48 PM
"I know, James. You're just too damn swe-smart for that kind of thing, aren't you?

...Uh, so yeah...how're you enjoying the trip so far?"

Greystone
2008-12-23, 10:51 PM
"Yeah" he sighs "Too smart"

At her next comment

"Bwah?"

"Well so far its been nice...but it really just started" he reminded her with a small smile.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 10:59 PM
Bianca downs half her drink in one fell swoop and slams the glass back down on the table.

"True, but so far it's been great! I mean, the room's got a bed...the hot water in the shower works...and so far, the oxygen and arti-grav haven't failed."

She raises her glass for a toast.

"So far James...that's a damn fine trip!"

Greystone
2008-12-23, 11:02 PM
Seeing how Bianca drinks her drink James smiles "To our continuing good Fortune" and he attempts to replicate her action. His eyes go wide and he begins to cough.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-23, 11:19 PM
Bianca springs from the table and begins lightly smacks James on the back to help clear his throat, laughing all the while. Once the situation is all cleared up, she takes her seat again and leans back in her chair.

"You alright, there, James? You wouldn't be trying to impress me, would you?"

She doesn't give James a chance to answer, but simply begins to laugh.

"I know the drink is good, James...but you can't just go drinking it like that!"

Greystone
2008-12-23, 11:23 PM
"No" James rasps trying to clear his throat "I just didn't expect...well that"

"Good Damn it! I'm in the body of a lightweight"

He looks up "But...you drank it like that?"

The poor scientist looks completely frazzled.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-24, 12:07 AM
"Eh...it's not really a talent to brag about, James. Most men don't exactly consider the ability to drink them under a table to be the best quality for dating. Some other things, maybe, but nothing romantic like...

Besides, there's an old mechanic saying: When you need to keep things steady, make sure you have a vice or two."

Krrth
2008-12-24, 12:49 AM
On the Bridge of the Glorious Day

Captain? I'm getting a very weak distress signal.

What kind of signal?

I can't tell sir. It's too faint for me to pick up any details. I think we're heading in the direction the signal is coming from. If that's the case, we'll get more information the closer we get.

Keep me informed. Let me know as soon as we have anything. I'm not going to leave some poor sap out here to die, but I'm also not going to wander off course looking for an echo.

Yes Sir.

Adumbration
2008-12-24, 03:46 AM
Llyrid

Llyrid looks thoughtful for a moment. "That sounds like a topic that should be handled with enough time to explain it all and enough thoroughness to explain things well. Are you feeling hungry? We could talk about this over dinner..."

"Sure, I was getting a little hungry. I thought I saw a bar or a restaurant on my way here. Shall we head there?"

Let's say they spend some time there; or do you know enough about the game world to do it IC?

In any case, merry christmast to everybody! (Or happy holidays.) :smallbiggrin:

Venom
2008-12-24, 12:07 PM
Romow

He thanks the crewman for the directions as he starts walking to the nearest set of stairs. No use taking the lift when it's only one deck down. Descending the stairs he surprisingly has a small bounce to his step. So, this is what a real vacation is like?

Moral Wiz
2008-12-24, 12:26 PM
Dr. Erica Amleth

After finishing up on the reports, Erica heads off to the Cold Sleep bays. She could do this from her own office, technically, but she preferred to do more hands on and complete work on it once in a while, ask the attendants how the passengers took CS.

All potentially at risk patients are marked, and the computer is assigned to ensure their vital signs are good, and notify the attendants and Erica's own comm at any abnormalities, however slight.

After that, slowly, she headed to her own, still organized office. She smiled as she entered, and sat behind her desk. The many forms of working in a pleasure cruiser needed to be dealt with

Then, she'd get around to starting on that inventory. At last.

Krrth
2008-12-24, 05:19 PM
Bridge of the Glorious Day

Captain, it's time.

Already? Well, I guess I should make the announcement.

*Turns on the ship wide communicator*

Attention all Passengers, this is your Captain speaking. I would like to invite all passengers to a dinner in the main ballroom. We will be celebrating a longstanding tradition from before Humanity gained space flight, Christmas. In honor of this tradition, all passengers will be fed free of charge tomorrow night. Please, attend!

In the spirit of the holidays, we'll have this tradition carry on into the far future. It's non religious, and is considered a time of goodwill and gift giving. Of course, some other traditions have carried over as well. Don't ask what happens when a ship leaves the Solar System for the first time....

Raz_Fox
2008-12-24, 05:35 PM
Llyrid

Llyrid's ears perk up when she hears this announcement. "Christmas? Oh, isn't that the old holiday about the worship of the great god Santa with his great claws and his wife the Virgin Mary? Where you declared war upon the country of Turkey and then ate the Turks?"

Greystone
2008-12-24, 05:38 PM
Rollins looks at Bianca and then bursts out laughing "Heaven's to Betsy I forgot it was Christmas" he stands and extends his arm "Wanna go for seconds?"

Krrth
2008-12-24, 05:46 PM
Raz

Where did you say you got your degree in Earthology again? :smallbiggrin:

Raz_Fox
2008-12-24, 05:57 PM
Krrth

Ah... the university of Medicus Quisnam? :smalltongue:

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 01:45 AM
"I hadn't forgotten, James...I just never was a big Christmas fan...where I come from, it isn't exactly celebrated."

Bianca looks at James, the glamorous ship decor around her, and the situation in general. She takes a long drag from her cigarette and begins to blow smoke rings of various shapes and sizes, each wisp dissipating shortly after meeting up with the ventilation system of the ship. The cigarette finds its place back on its stand, and Bianca sighs softly.

"I don't know if I can really eat anything else, James. I think I don't even have enough room for desert."

She swirls her drink, of which she is now on her fourth, and takes a short sip. She then picks up one of the cherries in the glass and eats it, and spits the stem out onto an unused plate, tied in a knot. Afterward, Bianca scratches the back of her head.

"Aww, what the hell...Merry Christmas, James."

Moral Wiz
2008-12-25, 05:18 AM
Dr. Erica Amleth

Erica smiled as the faint message came in, just as she was finishing off in ColdSleep. She looked around at the people here, the poor, the desperate, the gamblers... Men, women, old, young... all behind the frozen CyroTube glass...

She raises an imagined wine glass into the air, toasting the Cyro Hall, muct to the amazment of the technitians

Merry Christmas, one and all.

With that, and a brief laugh, the Doctor exits. She returns to the MedBay. THere was still work to do...

Greystone
2008-12-25, 09:36 AM
James's eyes open wide and he sit right next to her and grasps her hand "Never...Never a fan of Christmas" his eyes water slightly "Your poor poor girl! You mean never have you had anything to connect with your loved ones or, or" he looks flustered "Anything!?"

He stands pulling her up "Come with me"

He leads them to their room and from underneath the bed pulls to boxes of sparkly wrapped paper "Merry Christmas"

Xapi
2008-12-25, 06:33 PM
David had been waiting for a good chance to speak to *someone* in the Bar, yet it never came.

After the announcement, he went to the dinner room.

He sat in a partially filled table.

Hello all. And... Merry Christmas, was it?

He will just sit at any table that is not completely full or completely empty.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 09:27 PM
Bianca blushes and sighs, pushing the present away back to James.

"Thank you, very much James. It means a lot to me, it really does. I just...can't accept it, I'm sorry. I don't want you to feel bad or anything...but, you've already paid for this trip, I just can't ask you for anything else."

She gets up and moves towards the window of the cabin, looking out into the endless sea of stars just beyond the glass. Her heavy sighs fog the pane.

"I'm sorry James...I'm probably ruining all your Christmas fun. I just really don't like this time of year...but it really isn't fair to you to be such a downer."

She spryly moves from the window to the minibar, pulls out a bottle of egg nog, and pours two glasses. She hands one to James and keeps one for herself, and sits on the floor across from James. With one hand, she pulls the chopsticks out of her bun, and her hair falls to her shoulders. Her face cracks a weak smile.

"Don't worry James...I'll try to be a little more cheery."

Greystone
2008-12-25, 10:56 PM
"Poppycock" James blinks several times then "I didn't pay for these, and one is for me. I made them"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 10:59 PM
Just open it, damn it...he made it for you!

Bianca carefully tears back the shimmering red paper and looks at the gift before her, and takes a big drink of egg nog.

"Aww...James....thank you!

...What, uh, is it?"

Greystone
2008-12-25, 11:21 PM
Now James looks excited "Well, this took me a long time" he says holding up what appears to be an Opaque sphere from the box, made of a dark metal.

"I learned about this from a Ancient Ursine tribe I was studying" he carefully takes the sphere and clicks several hidden panels. The sphere comes apart into what seems to be a clear orb. He does it again and it seems that it is made from a green crystal.

"Its made from a special stone and equipped with a primitive Holo-field" he continues to change its form "Its actually a puzzle, the goal"

he finishes and the sphere opens to reveal a large gem. He quickly puts it back in and spins it expertly "It takes forever to figure out, but you seem to like this sort of thing"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 11:26 PM
Bianca takes the object and begins looking it over, seeing if she could repeat the puzzle's solution to get to the gem inside once again. After a few failed attempts, she realizes the catches and begins to reliably solve it.

"James...it's perfect. I love it. Thank you."

She leans across the floor and tightly embraces James for a moment. She leans back and looks around the room.

"I still feel bad, though...I really don't have anything to give you..."

Greystone
2008-12-25, 11:30 PM
"Aha! and that is where you are wrong M'dear" and James struck a heroic pose that looked positively silly on him "You see the other gift"

He picked it up and opened it "I knew you would never consider it a gift, but I did" in the box was a small tank. In the tank were floating four medium size prehistoric creatures, just swimming.

"That fossil you found me, well it was chalk full of DNA. I have brought creatures dead for millions of years back to life"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 11:35 PM
She looks over the tank in amazement and a bit of fear.

"Well...you're welcome, James....I, uh....what in the hell are these things?"

Greystone
2008-12-25, 11:38 PM
"Well, isn't it obvious" James looks confused "They are Trilyphocus Aroneus Naclaypsus!" he gesticulates wildly.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA I couldn't help it

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 11:42 PM
"Uh...well done, James.....well done....glad I could help...."

Greystone
2008-12-25, 11:44 PM
James looks absolutely giddy "I know I know" he grabs her hand and twirls her around before he does an impromptu victory dance "If I can duplicate this, I will be famous!!" he laughs and jumps onto the bed, like an overgrown child "We'll Both be Rich and famous"

"Oh grow up you bufoon."

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-25, 11:51 PM
Bianca follows James' lead, even forces him to continue after he's finishes.

"That's sweet James, but this one's all you, man. I don't deserve a dime of that money, and you know it. But I wish you all the best of luck! This might be your big break!"

Greystone
2008-12-25, 11:54 PM
"Bah! I'll keep you around one way or another" the doctor wiggles his eyebrows " You have the luck of the devil himself my girl, it was a one in a million chance that the fossil YOU found was the one that would have enough DNA to note only replicate but use"

He looked over with a grin "And besides, I'd need someone to help me keep it all, you know me, one minute alone and I'm tied over a bonfire about to be eaten by cannibals"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-26, 12:00 AM
"Yeah, James...I've got all the luck...I'm the luckiest girl in the world, I know.

But hell, when you're rich and famous, you could actually hire some real help. Like, actual soldiers and such."

Greystone
2008-12-26, 12:04 AM
James shudders at the mention of soldiers "no no no no! It won't ever come to that" he looks a bit downcast "people who make a living out of fighting and killing, I wouldn't have it"

He looks up "Do you now what a debt is? Well I am so deep in your debt at the moment that money" he picks up a coin from the table and throws it over his shoulder "means nothing"

"You have saved me countless times, and all I do is get in more trouble" he looks at his own hands sadly " Do you remember the night the...the transformation occured?"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-26, 12:13 AM
"I almost hate to say it, but I end up killing more people in your employ than I really do repairing things. Some people need to be good at killing things, James. I know you hate to hear things like this, but if the good guys don't kill, then nothing is going to stop the bad guys. It's just the world we live in, dear...."

She lies down on the floor, picking her head up just a mite to take another drink.

"We owe each other a lot, James. I don't think you owe me anything particularly more than my paycheck. What I do is part of the job, and honest work is honest work..."

At least it's something honest...not like, you know, everything else.

When James mentions the transformation, she takes a more sympathetic tone.

"Of course I do, James. It was a big day...what makes you bring it up?"

Greystone
2008-12-26, 12:21 AM
"I know people need to do it, but to have to hire people specifically" he shakes his head "It makes me feel like I signed a death warrent"

To continue from the transformation "The real reason why I owe you...Did I ever tell you the story of the stupid young boy? Well long ago some very...very bad people did some very bad things to the young boy. The young boy being foolish not only allowed it to happen but helped. Years went by until finally someone was killed, by....by the boy. He swore it was an accident, but to be truthful it wasn't. He had stopped a bad person from doing a very bad thing. From that day the boy swore always to be himself"

His breath hitched in his throat but he continued " Well when the transformation, I wasn't...myself anymore. I had rogue thoughts and ideas, and my body wasn't even mine"

"I almost killed myself Bianca, almost walked off that high cliff, but I kept thinking Bianca would be so disappointed in me. and then I remembered when you saved me...and I thought it would be an insult to you...you saved my life Bianca"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-26, 12:34 AM
"James...James...I, uh....James...wow...just...

Wow...I'm sorry, I just don't know what to say to that. I mean, I'm not even sure I'm wrapping my head around this...what do you mean, body wasn't yours? What do you mean rogue thoughts?"

Greystone
2008-12-26, 12:38 AM
"Well Bianca" he rapidly blinked back unshed tears

"Oh just tell her"

"Remember that thief who tried to steal the amulet...the one I said got away? No the amulet fused us together. Apparently I was stronger, or luckier, so I ended up dominant. But...he was a bad man Bianca. Not a murderer I think, but still a bad man, and I swore I would never be like that again."

He has turned away by now, rubbing his hands on his pants like they were obscene, dirty.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-26, 12:50 AM
Bianca gets up from the floor and walks over to James, and with an almost motherly affection, puts an arm around him and leans his head on her shoulder.

"Now, you listen here, James. You're one of the three men who I consider to be actually...good. James, you're nothing but a testament to how good people can actually make it in this world, and the only reason that you're the dominant one in this little...uh...situation of yours is because you are truly stronger because of the life you've led. A hard life, I'm sure. But you're so strong because you've made hard choices about how you've lived your life. You've learned how to not compromise your morals, and you're one of the few people who can do that and still have a head on their shoulders....well, you have a head on your shoulders, I mean, head attached to your shoulders.

You're stronger than you know, James. You can make it through this, and one day, it's all going to come back to you...in a good way. I can see it."

Greystone
2008-12-26, 12:55 AM
"Phff, Bitch"

Finally James cracks a smile "Thank you...I needed that, but I am now going to be a good friend and use your own reasoning on yourdelf" he turns and pats her on the shoulder "Everything I give you, or lend you, has been repayed or earned. If I offer you it then you deserve it, don't underestimate yourself"

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-26, 01:07 AM
Bianca smiles at James and can only sigh.

"Well, it sounds like I really can't do anything about it, then...just don't go overboard, please. Otherwise, I may have to start pulling overtime!"

She looks around the room for a moment, and gives James a quick peck on the cheek.

"Alright, James...I'm going to bed. Merry Christmas, and all of that."

Bianca gets up and goes to her room. Before she shuts the door, she turns to James.

"Thank you, James. This is the first Christmas I've actually enjoyed in a long time."

She shuts the door, and quickly changes into a simple sleeping outfit. When she gets into bed, she rolls on her bed and begins to softly cry to herself, making sure James won't notice.

Merry Christmas, dad...I love you...

Greystone
2008-12-26, 01:13 AM
James just shrugs "We'll see"

"Yes, good night, Merry Christmas, and lets hope for a fun adventure!" he crys out after her "Your welcome, I'm just glad I actually have someone who cares this year"

James gets into his pajama's and falls into bed, blissfully unaware of his friends sadness.

Well Pumpkin, this is where I go to bed. Quite a RPing session eh? Oh and you just had to end it on that note, what did her dad die at Christmas? So sad that James can't even comfort her...oh well, good night and Merry Christmas!

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-26, 01:16 AM
Yeah, it's late here, too. That's why I put a stop to it. But it was fun.

Merry Christmas to you, too. As for her father...that'll come later. :smallbiggrin:

Krrth
2008-12-27, 02:31 PM
Glorious Day

The Christmas time dinner was over, and most had a good time. Those that didn't did so by choice. The ship made it to the Zanzibar system, and docked for 12 hours. Those that wanted to disembarked for a little sightseeing.

Zanzibar System

This system is famous for only one reason: It's old. The main sequence star is an Orange Dwarf, with 7 planets in the system....6 of which are Gas Giants. The 4th planet is a desert world, with a .9 gravity and plenty of sand-covered ruins. Weapons are restricted to stunners.

Moral Wiz
2008-12-27, 02:37 PM
Dr. Amelth

Erica looked at the viewscreen, showing the world below, and smiled

Heh. Not my thing.

She leaves her office, and heads into the med bay. A few people would prbably complain of overeating or food poisioning, but there were worse times

After wraping up what cases could be delt with, and looking over those that required more work, Erica smiled at the MediTechs on duty

Any of you guys want to spend your hard earned leave on seeing a lot of sand?

Jolly Steve
2008-12-27, 02:47 PM
Tuesday is puzzled, but pleased, by the lump of coal that he finds at the foot of his bed in the morning. He assumes it's a local custom. He sets out to do some sight-seeing, tagging along with anyone else who goes.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-27, 08:55 PM
Bianca wakes early, and her eyes adjust to the new day. Quietly, she puts on a simple white t-shirt and a pair of overalls, forgoing shoes and socks completely. She stealthily creeps out of her room, hoping not to wake James. The halls of the ship are ghostly, with almost nary a soul about them this early in the morning. Using the information she gathered from the datalink, she heads to Dr. Amleth's office. With a quiet knock, she enters.

"Morning, Dr. Angel...sorry, Amleth. How's the trip going for you so far?"

Moral Wiz
2008-12-28, 05:02 AM
Dr. Amleth

The doctor does't start at the new arrival's voice

Same as always. Just fine.

She leans back in her chair a little, looking at the new arrival over an almost empty desk.

Did you want anything, Miss Han? Or is this just a social call

I think Erica knows Bianca's surname. If she doesn't, I'll edit.

Pumpkin3.1415
2008-12-28, 09:07 AM
"Not particularly. Woke up early, don't feel like going back to sleep, and no one else is awake....I can go if I'm bothering you."