PDA

View Full Version : 3 new campaigns 3 new characters

Enochi
2008-12-20, 01:31 AM
Hello all. With the start of the new year coming I have 3 new campaigns that are about to begin thus I bring before you 3 new characters that will be joining in.

The inhouse rules are must be good and no psionics

1st Character is for a Ravenloft Campaign and is planned to be a 13 monk/7 tattooed monk but wonder if taking kensai levels would be better

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ar?id=pyhtu-qevKoIU_TIwJ6W0Lg.02756510559319924875.75115774891 03868380&hl=en&action=1&tile=0&rpert=100&tfe=&srow=0&fprt=false&scol=0&ecol=

Back story is Naive Monk on a Quest to rid the world of evil.

2nd is for Continuing campagain where I am on my 3rd Character from being killed by the same party member twice. Said party member is building a new goblin city next to a growing human community and the friction between the 2groups is the continuing quest line.

Character is a 5 Scout/2 Fighter/9 Order of the Bow/4 Dragon Devotee

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ar?id=pyhtu-qevKoLvpDftTK9NFA.02756510559319924875.53491441873 71225662&hl=en&action=1&tile=0&rpert=100&tfe=&srow=0&fprt=false&scol=0&ecol=

Backstory is a Elf working as Scout for a Caravan pulling into town hoping to earn a few quick gold intown.

In the 3rd Campagin My current character has left the party for likely several years in order to fufil a work contract with the city in which that campain is taking place. This is the most high powered campaign. The campaign mostly revolves around a magical shack the builds new rooms and has various challenges inside that change depending on what color keys you use on what color doors. The shack holds a great many treasures within it.

Character is a Complex 3 Rogue/4 Swashbuckler/1 Fighter/2 Champion of Corellon Larethian/10 Swashbuckler

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ar?id=pyhtu-qevKoLiLhr54PRrNg.02756510559319924875.65215105318 62678150&hl=en&action=1&tile=0&rpert=100&tfe=&srow=0&fprt=false&scol=0&ecol=

Character is bastard son of a Rich Unsavory Merchant who wishes to help those have been trampled on by his father. Desires the wealth of the tower to help him repay the wrongs of his father.

Please give me your thoughts and point out any mistakes I have made.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2008-12-20, 03:38 AM
Your character sheets don't load in Firefox.

1st (Monk): Use the Unarmed variant of Swordsage instead of Monk, and I won't be the first one to say that.

2nd (Archer): Order of the Bow Initiate is a trap, the extra damage it grants requires a standard action to use. That means you can't combine it with a full attack or with (Improved) Manyshot. Skirmish damage is decent for archery, OotBI isn't. I'd suggest more Fighter levels for Weapon Specialization and Ranged Weapon Mastery and other PH2 feats, and/or mix in Ranger with the feat Swift Hunter from Complete Scoundrel. Get the Travel Devotion feat from Complete Champion to full-attack with Skirmish and you'll be much better off than you would be with such a heavy investment in such a poorly designed class as OotBI.

3rd (Swashbuckler): I can't see your character sheet, but I'll assume you're using Daring Outlaw. I have no idea if you're using TWF or 2H with a Court Sword, but I'm wondering how you plan on enabling Sneak Attack without relying on a flanker? Consider somehow gaining a loyal companion for that, such as Leadership or Wild Cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a).

Enochi
2008-12-20, 03:29 PM
Im sorry the sheets dont load Ill try to fix that

1st I will have to look up the swordsage builds as I dont yet have a good understanding of book of nine swords yet

2nd Thank you very much for pointing that out on order of the bow makes it rather worthless.

3rd Yes I am using Daring outlaw with vow of poverty and will add something to make sure I get the extra flanker but in the mean time party members will have to suffice.

Aneantir
2008-12-20, 03:36 PM
1st (Monk): Use the Unarmed variant of Swordsage instead of Monk, and I won't be the first one to say that.

You actually were the first one to say that this time. I believe you deserve a prize for getting in before the wall of posts saying "UNARMED SWORDSAGE".

UserClone
2008-12-20, 04:31 PM
Sacred Vow and Vow of Poverty would be better spent on EWP: Elven Courtblade and Wild Cohort, IMO, or Touch of Golden Ice/Improved Unarmed Strike, if you insist on Exalted-ness.

Vow of Poverty is great at first, but simple weapons are all garbage, and magic items provide a better variety of cool things your character can do than do exalted feats and abilities gained from VoP. Basically, if you are a character whose archetype relies on equipment, such as a rogue or swashbuckler (no armor, no thieves' tools), it's BADNEWSBEARS.