PDA

View Full Version : "May the gods of forgive me"?

ArkthePieKing
2008-12-20, 08:53 AM
Anyone else notice the typo in the newest OOTS? Kinda made me laugh.

[TS] Shadow
2008-12-20, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I did too. Isn't this mentioned in the 617 thread, though?

T-O-E
2008-12-20, 09:57 AM
Probably. But I think a new thread might have a better chance of attracting the Giant, if he happens to skim through the titles. I think I read somewhere how he likes to fix all typoes before printing the comics in book-form.

Zolem
2008-12-20, 10:37 AM
Maybe Sylphs have a set of Gods soly for the purpose of forgiving people. Hence she wasn't stating a typo but a prayer to the gods of forgiving people. ^_^

Linkavitch
2008-12-20, 01:13 PM
Maybe Sylphs have a set of Gods soly for the purpose of forgiving people. Hence she wasn't stating a typo but a prayer to the gods of forgiving people. ^_^

Yeah, but then it'd be 'the gods of forgiveness' wouldn't it? So she would have said 'May the gods of forgiveness forgive me'. It's almost assuredly a typo.

Athaniar
2008-12-20, 01:45 PM
Do we really need threads for typos? We understand what its supposed to say.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-20, 01:46 PM
THis should really go in the discussion thread.

FujinAkari
2008-12-20, 06:43 PM
No it shouldn't. As mentioned, Rich has expressly said that he prefers to correct all typoes before the books go to print, and making a separate thread about that is the surest way to do so.

Flickerdart
2008-12-20, 07:43 PM
You know, the Gods Of. Just like the Brothers Wright. There are a bunch of gods with the last name "Of", probably in the Northern pantheon, although who knows what Celia worships.

Azriel
2008-12-20, 08:27 PM
*spots a nit* MUST PICK!!!

Flame of Anor
2008-12-20, 09:24 PM
Hey, that means that Templehof is a god!

...too bad it's being shut down...

Tholok Razescar
2008-12-21, 03:41 AM
Hey, that means that Templehof is a god!

...too bad it's being shut down...

And what about Hasselhoff.

zyphyr
2008-12-21, 01:57 PM
And what about Hasselhoff.

His power is limited to Germany.

Moriarty
2008-12-21, 06:15 PM
His power is limited to Germany.

in his mind, at best

Ellen
2008-12-22, 01:44 AM
And let's not forget Stroganoff, the god of school lunches (his followers claim he's lawful good, but I always thought he looked chaotic evil [how else could mac'n'cheese look like clam chowder?]).

Harry Joy
2008-12-24, 09:49 PM
This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... :smallconfused:

Mollusk
2008-12-24, 10:59 PM
After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... :smallconfused:

Okay Rich, we've got a borderline breakdown and are not afraid to use it! :smalltongue:

I swear, that's so PKDick.

Underground
2008-12-24, 11:10 PM
Thats how people speak in reality though.

His power is limited to Germany. Who ?

Assassin89
2008-12-24, 11:40 PM
Who ?
David Hasselhoff, that guy from Baywatch because Germans Love David Hasselhoff (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GermansLoveDavidHasselhoff)

The gods of "forgive me" are essentially good aligned gods who provide apologies for certain actions. What I am saying is that "forgive me" == apologies

Shatteredtower
2008-12-25, 09:28 AM
Who ?

Entirely different act.

Beans
2008-12-26, 12:17 PM
I guess it could be explained away by saying that it's meant to sound like under-the-breath muttering, in which syllables or whole words or phrases may drop out.
If you hear a scrabbling sound, that'll be me. I'm grasping at straws.

Quorothorn
2008-12-27, 01:56 PM
This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... This typo, if it is indeed a typo, is driving me nuts. The longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... I keep trying to figure it out. After a while, I decide, no.... it's a typo. But if it's a typo, the longer it goes uncorrected, the more apparent it is that Rich intended it as it is, so... :smallconfused:

....I think we broke Harry.

Mr. Burlew, sir! You broke Harry!