PDA

View Full Version : Planes Creature Question

D Knight
2008-12-20, 05:39 PM
so as the title says i am haveing a hard time figuring out which plane has the strongest creature on? Why you might ask cause of planer sheperd and a bulid i am currently makeing for a druid.

Devils_Advocate
2008-12-20, 08:29 PM
Planar Shepherd is rightly widely regarded as ridiculously overpowered. You shouldn't use it in a group that takes game balance remotely seriously. Just FYI.

Really, straight Druid is plenty powerful on its own.

D Knight
2008-12-20, 09:39 PM
no this is a bulid just for fun and is ment to be more powerful than my friends barbar power charger. the race i am useing is doppleganger that make it overpowered already.

Devils_Advocate
2008-12-20, 11:22 PM
Ah, so it's a theoretical or possibly arena build. OK then.

I'd think that doppleganger would be quite a poor choice, because it would mean giving up class levels. But I don't know the constraints of this exercise.

Fierna has efreet. An efreeti has the spell-like ability to grant three wishes per day to non-genies.

The wording on spell-like abilities is a bit iffy, but the relevant bit says that they never have an XP cost. This can be interpreted to mean that you can grant wishes with arbitrarily high XP costs and just ignore them. So you can create any magic item whatsoever, for free. Completely and utterly broken, and obviously something that should be ruled against in an actual game. But it pretty much is the most direct interpretation of the RAW.

This is only useful if you have allies, of course, since you can only grant their wishes, not your own.

Other crazy uses of Planar Shepherd include locally speeding up time to get way more actions than your enemies. (This works because the planar bubble ability creates a region with your attuned plane's time traits.)

See the Planar Shepherd Handbook (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=709233).