PDA

View Full Version : Best DROD game.

Knaight
2008-12-21, 02:44 AM
Alright, for everyone who has played DROD, which game is the best, Dungan's Dungeon, Rooted Hold, or City Beneath, and why. Everyone that hasn't take a look at one of them, although I would advise not starting with City Beneath, its a bit difficult. Its basically a puzzle game where you are a guy with a sword in front of him who can, every turn move 1 square or rotate 45 degrees, and you have to calculate every move against really diverse enemies and terrain. Its a really fun game.

Back to topic. As far as I'm concerned Journey to Rooted Hold is the best game, Dungan's Dungeon got a bit repetitive, and the storyline is better in Journey to Rooted Hold, plus it has the slayer and Halph.

Trazoi
2008-12-21, 02:50 AM
I've only played Journey to Rooted Hold, so I can't really compare. It was good though. I got stuck on one of the later levels; I really should replay it and try to get all the way through it.

Tirian
2008-12-21, 03:32 AM
And I've only played the original King Dugan's Dungeon. It is an awesome game of awesome. I should probably get back into it.

Hmmm, when did it stop being open source again? Guess I'll have to excavate my disks instead of just downloading it again. :smallfrown:

Knaight
2008-12-21, 03:39 AM
Heh, I got stuck on Rooted Hold too. 13th level trapdoor maze, roaches. Hard little room.

EDIT: Actually, about a day after this post was made I finally beat that miserable little room. On to 14th level.