PDA

View Full Version : Dogs In A Sock

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-12-21, 03:12 PM
Have you ever looked at something, possibly something you've seen all your life, and suddenly saw it in a completely different way... and it disturbed you?

I just had one such epiphany when I saw this picture here:
http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd178/Shadowpie1988/puppyluv.jpg

Ok, at first you're like 'Awwww' but wait, think about this! You have three fragile puppies dangling like 6 feet in the air. They will be there until the kids wake up. What sick individual sticks puppies in a sock for hours on end? You know puppies, they'll be wriggling all around and look at what is holding them up. Yeah, looks like a thumbtack! So either it squeezes it's little pupbutt out or the stupid thumbtack gives way.

So Cindy Lou's cockapoo is now lying possibly with internal injuries on the hearth. Best case scenario it's only been stunned. So Rover has a concussion and is wobbling around on it's weak little puppy legs next to a FIRE. One little tumble and plop, it's a weinerschnitzel.

But, let us for the sake of argument assume these are industrial-strength thumbtacks, the puppy has been given a tranquilizer to keep it quite for the night, and for good measure they put out the blaze. Ok, but you still have, say it with me, a PUPPPY in a SOCK. What do puppies do best? They don't make eggnog and truffles folks. So here is Spot, drooling as it dangles, silenced on ritalin with it's bowels all nice and relaxed... let's just be hoping there isn't anything in the bottom of that stocking because there soon will be.

So, with the hopes that the candy/orange/coal has been put somewhere else, the kids come out in the morning, they get Dad to take down their drugged dalmation, take it out, and what will they say? 'Awww...EWWWWWWW'.

Yeah, it's been lying in it's own funk all night kids!

Merry Christmas!

SurlySeraph
2008-12-21, 03:14 PM
Er... maybe put them in the socks immediately before you wake up the kids?

EmeraldRose
2008-12-21, 03:17 PM
It's still probably better than leaving them wrapped up in a box under the tree...

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-12-21, 03:21 PM
Er... maybe put them in the socks immediately before you wake up the kids?
Are you saying you don't believe in Santa?

Fine, non-believer! I dunno about you, but in my house my parents are zonked out early in the morning while the kids, who they put to bed early so they could get everything out, are up around dawn. You'd have to know when they were gonna get up and wait for them all morning.

It's still probably better than leaving them wrapped up in a box under the tree...
Naw, can put air holes in them.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-21, 03:29 PM
However cute, Santa does not support Sock Puppies(tm).

Em Blackleaf
2008-12-21, 03:37 PM
That is pretty much the most adorable picture I've ever seen. But my first thought was, "They're gonna go inside the stocking, unless they have some kind of puppy diaper."

Yeah, us "kids" are always up really early on Christmas, way before the parents. So putting the puppies in before the kids wake up wouldn't work in this house.
Unless they had really little kids, in cribs.

Groundhog
2008-12-21, 03:42 PM
Yeah, remember how Calvin always used to wake up his parents on Christmas morning? That's fairly typical behavior.

Linkavitch
2008-12-21, 04:44 PM
Wow. . . when you put it that way, it really is disturbing. Oh, and one more thing: you think too much.

Mr. Moon
2008-12-21, 06:02 PM
Weeell.

I just wrote a parody of Night Before Christmas based on this, but it's kinda... graphic...

I just depressed myself...

Don Julio Anejo
2008-12-21, 06:14 PM
In my family I usually got presents on the clock at midnight... The hardest thing for my parents to do was to convince me to go out of the room so they could put the present there - I always wanted to catch Santa red-handed getting in through a window (we didn't have a fireplace).

As for puppies - or they could have been put there for all of 30 seconds to take a picture and then taken back out.

Cruxador
2008-12-21, 06:40 PM
Upon close examination of the picture, those appear to be stuffed animals.

Evil DM Mark3
2008-12-21, 06:43 PM
Have you ever looked at something, possibly something you've seen all your life, and suddenly saw it in a completely different way... and it disturbed you?All the time. But these dogs are indeed pretty weird. Call the RSPCA.

eidreff
2008-12-21, 06:44 PM
Was the fire lit in the grate? If so we have toasted puppies!

Can't be good for them dangling there and would reek havoc with the carpet.

Kneenibble
2008-12-21, 06:54 PM
On closer examination of the picture, it appears to be a painting.

FdL
2008-12-21, 08:38 PM
On closer examination of the picture, it looks shopped.

I laughed out loud reading that, Vorpal. Congrats, it was really funny, and true also.

I do think Em's idea of puppy nappies could be both really useful for this and add a whole new level of cuteness to it.

I don't know what would be the best scientific way to improve the scenario though :p

Pyrian
2008-12-21, 08:42 PM
Now, why would someone bother to paint a photoshopped image of stuffed animals, anyway!? :smallcool:

Partof1
2008-12-21, 08:50 PM
I get up really early, too, and I'm 14. I've always loved Christmas, so its understandable.

Fostire
2008-12-21, 08:51 PM
In my family I usually got presents on the clock at midnight... The hardest thing for my parents to do was to convince me to go out of the room so they could put the present there

We do the same thing here. To get us all out of the house we all go outside to launch fireworks.
We also have another gift giving day on january 6th but on that one we go to bed and find the gifts next morning.

FdL
2008-12-21, 09:19 PM
Now, why would someone bother to paint a photoshopped image of stuffed animals, anyway!? :smallcool:

Nono, photoshop a painting of stuffed animals. Which might be robots too.

And the reason is to preserve it for posterity (?)

Flame of Anor
2008-12-21, 10:29 PM
Upon really close examination,

SPARTAAAA!!!

Or, to put it another way,

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/Lord_Chamberlains_Men/Nothing%20to%20see%20here/silly.jpg

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-21, 11:01 PM
Mommy, mommy! The puppy that Santa brought me for Christmas won't wake up!

Flame of Anor
2008-12-21, 11:03 PM
It's alright, Ray! Daddy will fix it!

...animate dead...

There you go!

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-12-23, 07:27 PM
Zombie Puppy, "Kiiiiittens!"

Moff Chumley
2008-12-23, 08:26 PM
I'm getting me a new synth for Christmas. Sandstorm at six o'clock in the morning FTW!

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-23, 10:41 PM

One, cut some holes in the box
Two, put the pup in that box
Three, make them open the box
and thats the way ya do it
it a pup in a box
a pup in a box girl

dish
2008-12-24, 10:28 AM
And guess what they have up over at Cute Overload (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/12/dog-in-stocking.html) ...

Cristo Meyers
2008-12-24, 10:31 AM
And guess what they have up over at Cute Overload (http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/12/dog-in-stocking.html) ...

That puppy looks rather displeased.

We never had pups in stockings. Cat in the Christmas tree, however...

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-24, 10:52 AM
I am up late on Christmas eve because I go to midnight Mass, so I never get up exceptionally early. I usually get up around 7:00.
We have had a puppy under the tree, but he was not in a box, he was chewing on the stuffed sheep tree ornament.

Lorn
2008-12-24, 11:25 AM
When I was six and watched Lady and the Tramp (or whatever Disney film was on Christmas day.. it had a dog in a box, it doesn't matter, the dog in a box under the tree is the important bit) I realised the "well, it's going to make a mess in the box" bit pretty fast.

And proceeded to give the family a bit of a lecture about it.

I was a weird six year old :smallamused: