PDA

View Full Version : I need some help creating a damage dealing DFA

Enochi
2008-12-21, 03:14 PM
Hello all I am looking into creating a DFA for my next character and am trying to soup up his breath weapon damage a bit. What can I use to do this? I have looked through the DFA handbook but am unsure what to do. I mean
15th level I get the tiamat fivefold breath but as my character wont be evil Ill be taking as I understand it a whooping 60 points damage everytime I use it. Same for the good but far weaker version.

My Dms rules are No eberron or farrun. No psionics. No dragon unless I can find the pdf of the article. Of which I have none.

So what can I do?

SurlySeraph
2008-12-21, 03:15 PM
Metabreath feats should work. I'm not sure where they're from, though.

Iku Rex
2008-12-21, 03:30 PM
This (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DFA) should be helpful. Lots of info on DFA.

Enochi
2008-12-21, 03:36 PM
I take it you dont know what a DFA is so that is your insulting way of asking. A DFA is Dragonfire Adept.

lisiecki
2008-12-21, 04:30 PM
I take it you dont know what a DFA is so that is your insulting way of asking. A DFA is Dragonfire Adept.

So

Your assuming that the people that are reading your thread, dont know what your talking about.

And knowing that you know you dont think people dont know what your talking about, you dont bother to mention what you are talking about

YOU WIN THE INTERNETS!

Enochi
2008-12-21, 05:32 PM
No I assumed that people who knew what a DFA was would be the ones most likely to help and if they didnt they would ignore.

Mephit
2008-12-21, 05:44 PM
Well, something obvious is the Ability Focus feat to up your save DC: Less opponents making their save is effectively more damage.

But I don't know a lot of ways to actually raise the damage dealt by a DFA's breath effect. There's the Metabreath feats, but you can only qualify for those by DM fiat or some cheesy loophole.

RotD has some good Breath Channeling feats. Entangling exhalation in particular adds some good battle control. Exhaled Immunity will be appreciated by your party members.

MammonAzrael
2008-12-21, 06:31 PM
This (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=780301) should be helpful. Lots of info on DFA.

(Yes, it's a different link.)

ChaosDefender24
2008-12-21, 06:50 PM
Meta-breath feats are the only way to go as far as I know... the DFA is a battlefield control focused class, so the options are sparse.

On a side note, if you're going to be busting out fivefold breaths and taking quadruple damage, be sure to go the Steadfast Determination route. Not only is it already a fantastic feat for the CON-focused DFA, it also means that you don't have a 5% chance of automatically killing yourself every time you do the fivefold breath.