PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who thinks that Sabine....

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-21, 03:46 PM
has inflitrated either the Theive's Guild or the people on the boat/ninjas?

Ladorak
2008-12-21, 03:47 PM
... probably

T-O-E
2008-12-21, 03:51 PM
Why? She wants to get the gate, not join the thieve's guild or the Azure armada.

FoE
2008-12-21, 03:53 PM
Yeah, that seems unlikely and ultimately pointless. What's the basis of your theory?

Assassin89
2008-12-21, 03:55 PM
Yeah, that seems unlikely and ultimately pointless. What's the basis of your theory?

If it is the similarity between Sabine and jenny from the thieves' guild, I highly doubt that Sabine would prefer a kiss to the reproductive act.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-21, 03:58 PM
The basis of my theory is that Nale wants to kidnap/kill Elan.

We haven't seen the LG for awhile, and we don't know what has happened.

Sabine could have seen the ship at sea, and, seeing Elan, decided to disguise herself as one of the soldiers or ninjas to try and kidnap/kill Elan and the rest of the OOTS.

Stupid theory, but possible.

Raging Gene Ray
2008-12-21, 04:25 PM

I thought it was the fact that both Nale and Sabine want to be around when Roy is raised so they can find out where the next gate is from him.

Using that logic, maybe Sabine has actually infiltrated Celestia and has replaced either Roy's Archon or Eugene. Speaking of Roy's Archon, shouldn't it be helping out in this fight?

Linkavitch
2008-12-21, 04:58 PM
Possibly Sabine and Nale are either going to wait until Roy is raised and kidnap him, or capture his body and raise him, and then get him to tell them about the next gate. Or they could visit the Oracle.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-21, 04:59 PM
If it is the similarity between Sabine and jenny from the thieves' guild, I highly doubt that Sabine would prefer a kiss to the reproductive act.

Or maybe Sabine infiltrated the Thieves' Guild so that she could engage in a non-reproductive act with Jenny... :smallwink:

Finwe
2008-12-21, 06:13 PM
Or maybe Sabine infiltrated the Thieves' Guild so that she could engage in a non-reproductive act with Jenny... :smallwink:

What makes you think it wasn't reproductive? (See: shapeshifter)

Optimystik
2008-12-21, 08:37 PM
Possibly Sabine and Nale are either going to wait until Roy is raised and kidnap him, or capture his body and raise him, and then get him to tell them about the next gate. Or they could visit the Oracle.

They know about the gates. Shojo blabbed and told Not-Elan the whole story. In fact, he probably knows where they are, since he's planning to grab another one (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0458.html) while the Order is occupied.

The only reason the OotS went to the Oracle was so they could figure out which gate Xykon was going to - the LG would actually want the gate that nobody is interested in.

David Argall
2008-12-21, 09:57 PM
Sabine could have seen the ship at sea, and, seeing Elan, decided to disguise herself as one of the soldiers or ninjas to try and kidnap/kill Elan and the rest of the OOTS.

On the available evidence, not possible. Sabine and friends left before the castle was destroyed and would have left at full speed, heading to a major population center. Any hanging around would have risked a dangerous and pointless encounter with some of the attackers, so we can assume several hours of straight line flying away from Hinjo's junk that was still tied to the dock. So it was close to impossible for them to notice the location of the party.

And it has been months and months since then, likely 9-10. The LG staying quiet all this time while their target was in easy reach? Not a chance.

If Haley had managed to reach Cliffport, we might have seen a confrontation with the LG who somehow had gotten delayed there. But at this point, our hopes are pretty much limited to a foreshadowing chapter.

Flame of Anor
2008-12-21, 11:07 PM
What makes you think it wasn't reproductive? (See: shapeshifter)

Well, you know, the non-shifted kind is hotter. :smalltongue:

Shhalahr Windrider
2008-12-21, 11:22 PM
As shown in the comic Optimystik linked to (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0458.html), Nale is putting off his revenge fantasy until after he's made an attempt at one of the other gates.

TigerHunter
2008-12-21, 11:36 PM
It would be an interesting way to reintroduce the Linear Guild.

And it does sorta make sense for them to infiltrate the Azurite fleet--Nale currently has no intel on any of the gates. The OotS or the Azure nobility would be a decent place to start looking.

Kroy
2008-12-21, 11:47 PM

Nitpick: Beings may only be willing resurrected, and I find it unlikely that Roy would be willingly raised by the LG just to tell them about the gate then get killed again.

Optimystik
2008-12-21, 11:59 PM
Nale currently has no intel on any of the gates.

Except, y'know, everything that Roy knows. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0378.html)

Finwe
2008-12-22, 12:08 AM
Well, you know, the non-shifted kind is hotter. :smalltongue:

Oh ye of little imagination...

Illven
2008-12-22, 10:30 AM
Isn't it obvious that the Linear guild won't appear again until the fifth story arc they were in the first and third ones therefore the Linear guild can't appear in this one

Kami2awa
2008-12-22, 11:32 AM
We haven't had any red-eyed foreshadowing yet...

However, for Sabine to appear would be pretty illogical and convoluted, which is absolutely standard for one of Nale's plans, so she's probably going to turn up soon.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-22, 11:38 AM
Ahhh. I see.

QUESTION: I know WHAT a story arc is, but what are the names of them we have for OOTS? I never can keep track of them. Haven't there been more than four?

Illven
2008-12-22, 11:41 AM
Ahhh. I see.

QUESTION: I know WHAT a story arc is, but what are the names of them we have for OOTS? I never can keep track of them. Haven't there been more than four?

no there is the three books, Dugenon crawling fools, No cure for the Paladin blues, War and Xp, and online we are in the fourth story arc.

David Argall
2008-12-22, 04:32 PM
Isn't it obvious that the Linear guild won't appear again until the fifth story arc they were in the first and third ones therefore the Linear guild can't appear in this one

The LG appears in each of the first 3 books. NCPB has only a brief foreshadowing chapter, but they appear. Book 4 would be the first without their appearance.

CrimsonAngel
2008-12-22, 04:59 PM
Jenny is not sabine. I read the books, Jenny has been a character since the first book.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-22, 05:03 PM
Jenny is not sabine. I read the books, Jenny has been a character since the first book.

I never said that. I don't think anyone did.

BUT: I don't think Roy would be raised willingly by the LG.

ALSO BUT: Remember in the beginning of the second arc, when the "dwarf" told Roy about the starmetal? His eyes were not red.

Regardless, it's probably NOT true.

Liwen
2008-12-22, 11:06 PM
Or they could visit the Oracle.

Gods no! That would be WAY to repetitive at this point. I mean, Eugene went to the Oracle, then Roy and Durkon, Then the entire entire OotS and now Haley, Belkar and Celia. Enough allready. No NPC, no matter how awesome he or she actually is, should have that much stoplight, except when they are recuring villains. Beside, Oracles are a cheap way of getting plot advancement. I never liked them because they are way too powerfull. Anyone with that much knowledge should either take over the world or implode.

Sabine could actually have infiltrated one of the two groups, but I find it unlikely. Since Azure City, the LG priority has shifted from Elan and Co. to the Gates. Knowing them however, I assume it would take them years to actually find a gate's location without the assistance exterior help. It's not entirely impossible that Shojo or Roy allready told Nale about the Gate's wereabouts.