PDA

View Full Version : zerth zenobite

dobu
2008-12-21, 07:48 PM
hey!

one of my players insists playing a monk with the zerth zenobite PrC (from XPH the complete psionics) and I could need a helping hand with monks.

the charakter is already in play and level 11 so far

I give you some details:

str: 15; dex 24; con 16; int 10; wis 18; cha 10
Race: githzerai (LA-buyoff allowed)
Classes: monk 6/Zerth zenobite 5
BAB: +7 / +2
F:9; R:17; W:15;

Feats: Improved unarmed strike, stunning fist, weapon finesse, combat reflexes, improved natural attack dodge, mobility, monastic training and talashatora

the last feat was given DM fiat (it's out of an eberron sourcebook), to keep his flurry of blows progression up, while leveling in the zerth zenobite.

his next feat will probably be spring attack.

my question is: what next? what powers are actually worth getting (psychic warrior powers list), what feats would you recommend? and what to do with the last 4 levels?

unarmed swordsage would be better than monk, i know, but as he said "way to flashy!", so not an option.
the PrC itself looks nice, especially messing with the time stream looks funny, but not especially powerful, right?

his whole party isn't particular optimized (some dervish, fighter/ranger/horizon walker archer, a champion of corellon larethian, a mystic theurge and a folklucan lyrist [with way too much multiclass to be really useful])...

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-12-21, 08:25 PM
Psionic Lions Charge is never a bad idea.
Expansion, Force Screen, Claws of the Vampire are also decent.

For feats; hmmmm.... I love 'Up the Walls'.

Lert, A.
2008-12-21, 08:41 PM
Don't forget to suggest Inertial Armor. It shouldn't have to be said, but some people forget the basics while looking at the goodies.

dobu
2008-12-21, 08:49 PM
he already has it as a psi-like ability from githzerai...

the PrC doesn't grant many powers known...

Lert, A.
2008-12-21, 09:06 PM
he already has it as a psi-like ability from githzerai...

D'oh! Missed that little bit. My bad.

If he wants to follow his theme, hustle or maybe prowess (if he provokes a lot of AoOs) for the level 2.

dobu
2008-12-22, 05:00 PM
what would you guys think about going into psion for 1 level and finish this build off with some elocator?

imperialspectre
2008-12-22, 05:03 PM
If you're going that way, the slayer PrC would probably be better--full BAB and gives you perma-Mind Blank.