PDA

View Full Version : BabelFish Challenge!

V Junior
2008-12-22, 04:31 AM
So I was fooling around with Lost in Translation, a Babelfish thingy, and I got four pieces of weird Babelfishion from four OOTS lines. Can you work out what these used to be?

'It is not nale Nale E. He is nale of nale NOT of the nail of the aid of thog. Nale of AND NOT of the nail of nale of the connection NOT of nale between thog. It is not nale of nale and it is nale NOT of nale in the halting, now NOT nale [neiringu'

'I God do not activate of the low shoes of the attention of the sex of the war!'

'Task, of that is! If its love thinks to me, its mine is covered!' (This one scared me a bit...)

'On the level exit with and of the energy it has more personnel 2 in the space in the impossible material, of which the disturbance thinks it. That there were agravated to the team of employees is not involuntary equal during the credit that a certain thing has, the general track, to watch ignited it, in sequence appreciates. All, until they do not arrive with that one balance, extract the other qualities, that are hidden by the material. Of 2 the personal general track is simultaneous its possible one is ognuna like, if, with them they were totally erroneous always. This respective argument does not stop, of that one for totally the situation in the wall of the romantic one of useless fire-bricks.' (Only for the brave!)

First person to get all 4 wins an Internet.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-22, 04:59 AM
1. Thog's Nale nailed not-Nale thing in prison, which I can't be bothered to go look for.

2. I am a sexy shoeless god of war.

No idea about the other two...

Yendor
2008-12-22, 05:12 AM
The last one is V's theory of love.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-22, 05:14 AM
What comic was that from?

Kaytara
2008-12-22, 05:15 AM
Love, In the Abstract: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0223.html

V Junior
2008-12-22, 05:18 AM
The third one went the weirdest, so it's gonna be hard.

Yes, you've got the three you've guessed right.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-23, 12:51 AM
Did Elan say it?

TigerHunter
2008-12-23, 02:03 AM
I think "task" may be a (mis)translation of "quest".

Nevitan
2008-12-23, 02:53 AM
I don't suppose it's the 'Love is an epic level challenge' line, is it?

T-O-E
2008-12-23, 09:23 AM
Surprisingly, there's been a babel-fish translation thread before.

The Bookworm
2008-12-23, 09:42 AM
Here are a couple more:
1. Its moment came and disappeared, cereal of the impulse! The proprietor of the esteem of the today in the day, the end to feed the price… like the cake on the tip!
2. They are the times of a past of youth inside, that one that alcangue, good Magier with more authority, experience and the emotional maturity to beat also regularly.

Kaytara
2008-12-23, 09:55 AM
The second is Larry Gardener's line from 253. XD

Alysar
2008-12-23, 10:51 AM
So what's the third one?

The Bookworm
2008-12-24, 12:44 PM
The second was Larry Gardner!
Also: The press of the instruments of the precipitation of the Taurus!

Yendor
2008-12-24, 01:41 PM
Here are a couple more:
1. Its moment came and disappeared, cereal of the impulse! The proprietor of the esteem of the today in the day, the end to feed the price… like the cake on the tip!

That's from the Battle of Intermission.

Athaniar
2008-12-24, 02:36 PM
Ooh, these threads are my favorites. Just let me dig out LiT and I will also have join this...

EDIT: Figure these out!

, You, this one he sincere view interest who halflings all mask of Belkar of the situations only was, taken that it is more sensible.

E, the I, not to understand know can the energy more plain for the spiders of the White Book, the situation of the control that the matrix of the nerve of sympatischen of the cable of the main pipe is given form. Then in little the weaveeed one of it added less than you send mysterious of what the sigil in the distance that apt the position it of!

Although I improve the brains, to display from the use, the function/the role as my simple magic of the simple song!

And what, are there the lives in them does not have it the clergy? As with deceased from time to time known as on this subject that the mother and made him I, do you have destroys to inform?

It understood. The creed that is inner us that we had produced the warning 3.5 turns.

Icekommander
2008-12-24, 05:51 PM
The first one is where V takes the roll of Belkar's Advocate.

The last one if from the very first comic when they update to version 3.5

Second last one is when Roy's Dad visit's him in the Dungeon of Doroukan and asked if there were any priest5s were you lived.

Athaniar
2008-12-24, 05:55 PM
The first one is where V takes the roll of Belkar's Advocate.

Incorrect

The last one if from the very first comic when they update to version 3.5

Correct

Second last one is when Roy's Dad visit's him in the Dungeon of Doroukan and asked if there were any priest5s were you lived.

Correct

sentaku
2008-12-24, 07:16 PM
here is another (the spoiler will make it easier)

"Therefore the honorarium of the beginning is to make a complete printing, but it is the way, the lemon is

green"

ref
2008-12-25, 08:28 AM
boots of speed Man if I'm right that's the evilest translation ever.

Kaytara
2008-12-25, 09:38 AM
boots of speed Man if I'm right that's the evilest translation ever.

That seems to be correct. It's almost exactly the phrase I got when I tried translating the lime green boots line to babelfish.

Incidentally, it seems that Chinese and Japanese are the languages that REALLY screw the translations over. Without them, the phrases still remain halfway recognisable. With luck. XD

A few other ones:
1. It does not know that the method in the left blood absorbs the thief of the rotation unit that it processes with this 1. (REALLY freaky O.O)

2. Positionings in my position of the client, I that has consulted immediately, the end to make the configuration of the retirement of the agreement of the use, happy!

ref
2008-12-25, 02:00 PM
The second one is Celia renegotiating Haley's situation with the Thieves Guild.

V Junior
2008-12-25, 02:59 PM
Sooo... has everyone pretty much given up on my third one?

If so, I'll tell you. And your guess about Elan is not far off. If you think about Elan and Nale, and battling, then think of a particular battle, then think of a line said in that battle. It is NOT obscure.

Kaytara
2008-12-25, 04:47 PM
Sooo... has everyone pretty much given up on my third one?

If so, I'll tell you. And your guess about Elan is not far off. If you think about Elan and Nale, and battling, then think of a particular battle, then think of a line said in that battle. It is NOT obscure.

That makes things considerably easier. It's Haley's love confession. :smalleek: Good gods, I never thought a sentence could be mangled that badly... O.O

The Bookworm
2008-12-25, 10:09 PM
Lord Xavius- I think your third one is Elan, but I can't tell where. Is it something with "inspiring competence"?

V Junior
2008-12-30, 05:53 AM
That makes things considerably easier. It's Haley's love confession. :smalleek: Good gods, I never thought a sentence could be mangled that badly... O.O

It is Haley's love confession. -hands you an Internet- And you're not the only one scared by that mangling. It's the most messed-up Babelfishion I've ever seen.

Kaytara
2008-12-30, 06:08 AM
I'm honoured, but you made it real easy with that clue, so no Internet for me. XD

It's the most messed-up Babelfishion I've ever seen.

As for messed up Babelfish translations... Try the one I posted earlier in this thread. O.O I daresay it's even freakier than yours.

It does not know that the method in the left blood absorbs the thief of the rotation unit that it processes with this 1.

Jubal_Barca
2008-12-30, 10:27 AM
What about these, then?

Sacrifice enslaved? this is any problem can' ; the t dénoue?

Oh the similar Roy, lich, lich came, by calling…

C' they are of the orders of the reception what worry of its combat d' imp.

OOTS_Supporter
2008-12-30, 10:52 AM
What about these, then?

Scary. Really scary.

Alysar
2008-12-30, 02:52 PM
What about these, then?

Oh the similar Roy, lich, lich came, by calling…

That one is easy.

"Oh buddy Roy. The Lich, the Lich came calling..."

Zevox
2008-12-30, 03:18 PM
What about these, then?

Sacrifice enslaved? this is any problem can' ; the t dénoue?
Easy. :xykon: "Sacrificing minions: is there any problem it can't solve"?

The Bookworm
2008-12-30, 09:19 PM
C' they are of the orders of the reception what worry of its combat d' imp.
Is that "I got a C- in my Attacks of Oppertunity Class."?