PDA

View Full Version : Items and feats for a 6th level wizard

Illven
2008-12-22, 01:39 PM
Okay my Dm is starting a game and I can buy any magic items thst cost less than 4750 gp I have 19000 to spend I'm a 6th level gray elf wizard my Abilities Str 8 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 21 Wis 12 Cha 8 also I would like to know some good feats

only1doug
2008-12-22, 02:53 PM
d20 srd magic items index (http://www.d20srd.org/indexes/magicItems.htm)

a few ideas...

Handy haversack (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#handyHaversack) 2k

Headband of Intellect +2 (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#headbandofIntellect) 4k

Rod of Metamagic Extend (lesser) (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#metamagicExtend) 3k

Pearl of power 2nd Lvl spell (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#pearlofPower) 4k

imperialspectre
2008-12-22, 03:11 PM
You probably should get the Elven Generalist alt class feature from Races of the Wild. More spells known and more spells per day = win.

Darrin
2008-12-22, 04:33 PM
Okay my Dm is starting a game and I can buy any magic items thst cost less than 4750 gp I have 19000 to spend I'm a 6th level gray elf wizard my Abilities Str 8 Dex 16 Con 14 Int 21 Wis 12 Cha 8 also I would like to know some good feats

Items:

* Jumping Caltrops. 250 GP (MIC). Simple battlefield control, fire-and-forget.

* Feather Token, Tree. 400 GP. Many many uses. Block a door/hallway, create cover, climb out of a pit, annoy a druid.

* Feather Token, Whip. 500 GP. Attacks as a +1 magic weapon vs DR/magic, also free grapple so an excellent way to annoy/frustrate a spellcaster.

* Arcanist's Gloves. 500 GP (MIC). +2 caster level on a 1st level spell, 2/day.

* Boots of Landing. 500 GP (MIC). Mostly just to make the monk cry.

* Talisman of the Disk. 500 GP (MIC). Tenser's floating disc at will. Good for carrying, avoiding traps/terrain, or taking a sidekick along whenever you cast a fly spell.

* Troll Gut Rope. 500 GP (MIC). Never worry about rope screwing up your carrying capacity again.

* Healing Belt. 750 GP (MIC). *REQUIRED* OMG, even if it were 10x more expensive, totally worth it.

* Bag of Caltrops. 800 GP (MIC). Battlefield control, 5/day spread caltrops in 5' square. Great item to give to your unseen servant.

* Bag of tricks, gray. 900 GP. Detects traps, drink unlabeled potions, aid another (attacks/skills).

* Hand of the Mage. 900 GP. Another good simple trap detector. Also very useful for pranks.

* Cloak of Elemental Protection. 1000 GP (MIC). Immediate action to gain resistance 10 against a chosen basic energy type.

* Pearl of Power, 1st. 1000 GP. *REQUIRED*

* Anklet of Translocation. 1400 GP (MIC). DimDoor 10' 2/day. AKA Get Out of Grapple Free card.

* Steadfast Boots. 1400 GP (MIC). +4 to resist bull rush/overrun/trip, and turns your staff into a weapon automatically set against a charge (double damage).

* Enduring Amulet. 1500 GP (MIC). 3 charges, gain fire+cold resistance 10/15/20 as an immediate action.

* Hammersphere. 1500 GP (MIC). Spiritual Weapon 1/day, AKA Get Rid of Annoying Incorporeal Foes.

* Hat of Disguise. 1800 GP. Lots of social engineering uses, particularly when used with shopkeepers.

* Dimension Stride Boots. 2000 GP (MIC). Better version of Anklet of Translocation. 5 charges, DimDoor 20'/40'/60'.

* Handy Haversack. 2000 GP. Like you need to ask. Does not work well with Rope Trick.

* Headband of Conscious Effort. 2000 GP (MIC). 1/day Concentration check instead of a Fort save, but then again your Fort save stinks.

* Horn of Fog. 2000 GP. For blocking LOS/providing concealment. Combine with unseen servant for more mobile concealment.

* Goodberry Bracelent. 2000 GP (MIC). Ring of Sustenance for up to 5 people, minus the arguments about 2 hours of sleep.

* Ring of the Four Winds. 2000 GP (MIC). Essentially a ring of featherfall, but better. 4/day either featherfall or +2 deflection bonus to AC.

* Bag of Holding. 2500 GP. See Haversack.

* Ring of Sustenance. 2500 GP. Never buy rations again, and hours of endless fun arguing with the DM over whether your 2 hours of sleep allows you to recover spells again.

* Spellsight Spectacles. 2500 GP (MIC). +5 to spellcract and UMD checks on scrolls.

* Third Eye Freedom. 2600 GP (MIC). Freedom of movement, only works 1/day for 1 round, but that's usually just enough to completely save your bacon.

* Aberrant Sphere. 2800 GP (MIC). Bag of tricks for the player with the hentai fetish.

* Gloves of Object Reading. 3000 GP (MIC). Singlehandedly destroy any DM's campaign that is based on investigation, gathering clues, tracking down NPCs, or darned near everything that isn't a straight-up dungeon crawl.

* Heward's Fortifying Bedroll. 3000 GP (Complete Mage). Sleep 1 hour to gain full day of natural healing, remove fatigue, recover spells and end all arguments with the DM about the ring of sustenance.

* Third Eye Clarity. 3000 GP (MIC). Get Out of Stun Free card. Also works on confused, dazed, and fascinated.

* Vanguard Treads. 3100 GP (MIC). Never worry about grease again.

* Scout's Headband. 3400 GP (MIC). 3 charges: darkvision 60'/see invis/true seeing. Cheapest item that gives access to true seeing, up to 1 min/day.

* Glove of the Master Strategist. 3600 GP (Ghostwalk). Everything the glove of storing can do without the horrendous price tag. Also: true strike 1/day.

* Marvelous Pigments. 4000 GP. The ultimate dungeon-wrecking toolkit, everything you could ever want to ruin the DM's day. Need an 11' pole, a large-sized kazoo, or six pairs of chocolate-covered snowshoes? Just 10 minutes and a DC 15 craft check away.

only1doug
2008-12-23, 06:15 AM

Feat selection depends hugely on how you see your role in the party and what sort of wizard you want to be: Blaster, controller, batman, buffer or generalist to name but a few.

Whatever you choose,consider the reserve feats from complete mage. these allow you to use supernatural abilities if you hold a spell uncast.

I'd recommend that at L6 you take the Acidic splatter reserve feat and then as long as you have an uncast 2nd level spell with the acid descriptor you can make ranged touch attacks to deal 2d6 damage. you can do this every round forever. at higher levels just keep a higher level acid spell reserved for greater damage. now you don't need a ranged weapon for when you run out of spells (unless you foolishly did cast that 2nd level spell)