PDA

View Full Version : NWN2 error!

Flickerdart
2008-12-22, 07:33 PM
Ver. 1.21.1549, all expansions and no fancy mods.

In the OC, upon trying to go from West Harbor to the West Willow Inn, the game breaks in a peculiar manner: left-clicking stops working, the character's running animation doesn't stop when he is standing, the camera won't rotate when the mouse is brought to the edge of the screen, and after a while the game crashes. When I go to the Swamp Ruins, it works perfectly fine, but from Swamp Ruins to West Willow, it also does the same thing.

Presumably, it unloads the area as it would normally when transitioning, but is unable to load the next area. Using the console to bring up the map produces the same effect.

Desired options in order of preference:
1) How do I make it work properly?
2) If that's impossible, how do I transport to the Inn illegitimately?
3) If that's impossible, how do I skip the Inn, losing a quest point and Khelgar?

Edit: Restarting the character from scratch did nothing to solve this. Maybe it's an error caused by Storm of Zehir? It does affect MotB dialogue...maybe this is another such error.

Archonic Energy
2008-12-23, 04:52 AM
you'd probably be better off asking this in the NWN2 forums. (http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/)

Democratus
2008-12-23, 09:21 AM
Kind of sounds like you are in "Character" mode rather than "Explore" mode - except for the crashing.

Flickerdart
2008-12-23, 12:05 PM
you'd probably be better off asking this in the NWN2 forums. (http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/)
Right, thanks.

Archonic Energy
2008-12-24, 05:10 AM
yeah, sorry i couldn't be of any ACTUAL help... :smallamused:

Simius
2008-12-24, 06:46 AM
The 1.21 patch messed up a lot of things. One particular function is broken that's used in a lot of cutscenes (i.e. the little movies where you can't do anything). Obsidian is fixing it in patch 1.22. I believe the bèta was last week.

Flickerdart
2008-12-24, 12:48 PM
The 1.21 patch messed up a lot of things. One particular function is broken that's used in a lot of cutscenes (i.e. the little movies where you can't do anything). Obsidian is fixing it in patch 1.22. I believe the bèta was last week.
I find it ironic that this forum was able to come up with a coherent answer faster than the dedicated forum for the game. Thank you very much.