PDA

View Full Version : [Magic Items] Items of Trekking

JumpingBean
2005-02-23, 04:44 PM
All of the following items are related to the original Star Trek Series. Please give any suggestions or comments.

Kirk Boots of Buzzing- The magical boots are a wonderous item that appear to be boots of speed. However, they take 2 minutes to put on and activate. Once activated, the wearer moves so much faster that they can not be seen as if they were invisible and they may take 3 turns in a round instead of the normal turn of a move action and standard action (i.e. 3 move actions and 3 standard actions, or 3 full round actions). However, when the boots are activated, the wearer may no longer speak to anyone as no one can undertandably hear them and the wearer can not hear anyone else. All others do hear a high-pitched buzzing sound that will automatically fail all move-silently checks by the wearer and give a +20-(5/40ft) listen check to all those not wearing the boots to hear the buzzing sound. If a creature of the opposite sex as the wearer is within 30ft, they must make opposed Charisma checks each turn. If the wearer wins, then he must take the boots off. The boots can only be used for 10 rounds per day, after which they act as regular boots.
. Strong transmutation,illusion,evocation; CL 14th; Craft Wonderous Item, haste,blur,invisibility,sound burst, creator must have a Charisma score of at least 14; Price 38,000 gp.

Pinching Gauntlet of Spock- This gauntlet is lighter than normal and can be used for precise attacks. With an unarmed melee touch attack, the wielder may cast a sleep spell on the opponent with a DC 12 fortitude save. The gauntlet can be bought in pairs or just one at the same price, but only one person may use the pair of gauntlets at one time. The gauntlet(s) act as a +1 gauntlet of spell storing but with only the sleep spell always active on the gauntlets. The spell does not work on undead, constructs, or creatures without anatomies.
. Strong enchantment; CL 12th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, sleep, creator must have a Intelligence score of at least 16; Price 10,000 gp.

Eyes of Bones- These magical goggles allow the wearer to be able to use deathwatch as a free action. The wearer automatically succeeds on any heal checks to stablize or discover the cause of death of any creature.
. Strong necromancy and conjuration; CL 10th; Craft Wonderouse Item, deathwatch, cure minor wounds, creator must have a Wisdom score of at least 14; Price 8,000 gp.

Sulu Sword- +2 Rapier gives wielder rage as per the spell once per day for 5 rounds while wielding the rapier. User gains +2 morale bonus to Strength and Constitution, +1 morale bonus on Will saves and -2 penalty to AC.
. Moderate enchantment; CL 9th; Craft Magic Arms and Armor, rage; Price 18,000 gp.

Uhura's Fans- With a perform(dance) check the user may distract opponents of the opposite sex as a bard would with a fascinate bardic song. The user of the fans must be female. Also, with a perform(dance) check DC 25, the user may carry up to her normal maximum load as if she were not carrying or wearing anything but the fans.
. Moderate enchantment,transmutation; CL 6th; Craft Wonderous Item, crafter must have the fascinate bardic ability, bull's strength; Price 6,000 gp.

Rod of Chekov- Once per day, the wielder may cast Charm Person with DC 10 Will save. The player must say "My people created that", "It was invented by my people.", "That was first discovered by my people.", or something of the sort to activate the rod. The rod also summons small baby bunnies like a Summon Nature's Ally I spell for rats. The bunnies have the same stats as rats.
. Moderate enchantment, conjuration; CL 9th; Craft Rod, Charm Person, Summon Nature's Ally I; Price 8,000 gp.

Rod of Scotty- Once per day the rod can be used to teleport a willing target to a valid square adjacent to the wielder of the rod. The spell acts as Greater Teleport but the wielder need not see the target and like the spell there is no range limit. The rod lets the user need only to think of the target for the teleport to work. Twice per day the user may also cast mending.
. Strong transmutation and conjuration; CL 15th; Craft Rod, Greater Teleport, Mending; Price 30,000 gp.

Background: If you've never seen the original Star Trek series here is a background of some episodes related to the items.

Kirk Boots of Buzzing- In one episode, a race of people moved much faster that everyone else in the show. They were able to make Captain Kirk move at the same speed as them. The only thing any normal person could tell that they were in the same room was a high pitch buzzing sound made because when the faster people were talking it was much faster. You could understand what the buzzing said if you slowed down the sound a lot via computer. Kirk was also known as a ladies man. This episode was I think the only one where he was seen putting his boots back on after getting the alien woman.

Pinching Gauntlets of Spock: Spock is known for his pointy ears and intellect and of course the Vulcan Nerve Pinch. Enough said.

Eyes of Bones- Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy. In many episodes he had the memorable lines of "I'm a doctor not a ??" and "He's dead Jim."

Sulu Sword- Sulu was a swords and weapons collector in his free time. One episode when the crew of the Enterprise was infected by something, Sulu went crazy and was running around with a sword.

Uhura Fans- In the movie Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier, Uhura did a fan dance to distract some thugs while her friends were getting ready to capture the thugs in the trap. All she had was the fans.

Rod of Chekov- In many episodes, Ensign Pavel Chekov would say that some Russian person had invented something or discovered something. It was the love of his country and probably less of Earth history that gave him the idea that many things were firsts by someone from his country. But he was never shy to say it. He also helped bring cute balls of fuzz called Tribbles to the ship.

Rod of Scotty- Chief Engineer Mongomery Scott was a great engineer who usually handled the teleporter. Thus the well know phrase "Beam Me Up Scotty" came to rise. Also, if Scotty can't fix it, no one can.

Notice: Star Trek and all characters related to Star Trek are trademark property of Paramount Pictures and I have no relation to the company and they do not sponser this post. I just like Star Trek. ;D

Sucros
2005-02-24, 01:41 AM
As a staunch supporter of Star Wars and its superiority above star trek, I'm afraid I'm going to have to post that I don't like your items one bit. :P

Even if they *are* well done

DrSpoon
2005-02-25, 07:40 PM
I love these Items......Who said you can't like Star Wars and Star Trek, I worship both, daily

The Glyphstone
2005-02-25, 09:10 PM
Listen well, young grasshopper.

You have watched the holy Star Trek.

You have crafted items in homage for AD&D.

Now you must translate the entire document into fluent Sindarin (Elvish).

Only then shall you achieve true Nerd-Nirvana. :)

JumpingBean
2005-02-26, 10:10 AM
Now you must translate the entire document into fluent Sindarin (Elvish).

Lle quena i'lambe tel' Eldalie? Amin uuma.

And I don't know the translation of "coochie coo" in elvish for the Kirk Boots.