PDA

View Full Version : [MAGIC ITEMS]Vestements of the Soul Forger

McMouse
2005-02-02, 12:10 AM
These items are given by the High Clerics of Moradin to the most ideal and perfect embodiments of the true dwarven spirit. Each one is considered a mark of blessing from the Stout Lord himself, even though the least of the items, the ring, can be seen on quite a few of the defenders and champions of a keep or hold.

Ring of the Ironlord: The ring of the Ironlord is given to those dwarves who have proved themselves particularly worthy and honorable in battle. They are given the ceremonial title "Ironlord" to add to their last name (Durgan Rocksmasher becomes Durgan Ironlord Rocksmasher). This is the lowest of the blessings bestowed by Moradin's Church, yet it is a mark of great prestiege.

If a good or neutral aligned dwarf dons the ring of the Ironlord, their skin hardens and toughens, glinting in bright light with a faint mettalic sheen. It grants the wearer a +2 natural bonus to Armor Class, as well as Damage Reduction 2/-. In addition, a glowing, golden hammer appears on his forhead, a symbol of their status.

If a non-dwarf, or evil aligned dwarf dons the ring of the Ironlord, they gain none of the bonuses, and must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 18 ) or suffer a -4 penalty to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution until the ring is removed.

Caster Level: 7th; Prerequisites: Forge Ring, bless, shield of faith, prayer, creator must be a cleric of Moradin; Market Price: 10,000 gp; To Create:5000 gp, 200 XP; Weight:----; Aura's: Strong Transmutation

**Work in progress**

McMouse
2005-02-02, 12:54 AM
Cloak of the Honorguard: The second of the Vestements is given to those dwarves who have done some great service to the Church of Moradin. Along with the cloak comes great prestiege and respect from almost every dwarf who recognises it. Many dwarven-run inns will provide free ale, food, and rooms to those wearing the cloak. They gain the title 'Honorguard" To add to their first name (Durkan Ironlord Rocksmasher becomes Honorguard Durkan Ironlord Rocksmasher).

The cloak itself seems to be woven out of strands of gleaming mithril. It is as light as a feather, yet it will never rip, tear, break, or melt. A good or neutral dwarf who dons the cloak of the Honorguard ignores the first 5 points of elemental damage each round. Three times per day, the wearer can speak a command word which causes the cloak to shine with light reflected from Moradin's Forge, which is equivalent to a daylight spell. The holy light lasts for 10 minutes. Once per day, the wearer can utter a prayer to Moradin for increased battle effectiveness, turning into a veritable paragon of sturdy dwarven might.The wearer gains +6 Strength, +2 Constitution, and DR 4/- for 9 rounds. Additionally, the cloak of the Honorguard causes glowing anvils to appear on the backs of the wearer's hands, a symbol of Moradin's blessing.

If a non-dwarf, or evil aligned dwarf dons the cloak of the Honorguard, they gain none of the bonuses, and must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 18 ) or suffer a -4 penalty to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution, until they remove the cloak.

Caster Level: 9th; Prerequisites: Craft Wonderous Item, endure elements, bull's strength, daylight, endurance, divine power, caster must be a cleric of Moradin; Market Price: 15,000 gp; To Create: 7500 gp and 300 XP; Weight: 1 lb; Auras: Strong Transmutation

**Work in progress**

McMouse
2005-02-02, 01:58 AM
Waraxe of the Stonemaster: the waraxe of the Stonemaster is the third of the five holy Vestements. It is bestowed upon those dwarves who have battled corageously against overwhelming odds in defence of the dwarvish people. It can also be awarded to those dwarves who perform some great service to the dwarven people, returning a long-lost artifact, killing a duegar king, or other thinks of that measure. The waraxe also provides the title of "Stonemaster" to be placed before the wielder's first name. (Honorguard Durkan Ironlord Rocksmasher becomes Honorguard Stonemaster Durkan Ironlord Rocksmasher)

A waraxe of the Stonemaster appears to be a large waraxe with the symbol of Moradin engraved on either side of the blade, and designs encircling the handle. It's blade appears to be composed of the finest adamantine, and its haft is mithril-bound ironwood. Even the sturdy leather grip in intricately tooled. On command, it sheathes itself with glowing holy energy. On every strike, it makes a loud booming sound, and occasionally, it will explode in noise with a roar.

In the hands of a neutral or good dwarf, it functions as a +1 adamantine holy thundering dwarven waraxe. Once per day, the wielder of the waraxe of the Stonemaster can cause the waraxe to roar with Moradin's Fury for one swing. On a successful hit, the waraxe deals an automatic critical hit.

If a non-dwarf, or evil aligned dwarf wields the waraxe of the Stonemaster they gain none of the bonuses, it merely functions as an adamantine waraxe, and they must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 18 ) or suffer a -4 penalty to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution until they drop the waraxe.

Caster Level: 15th; Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armor, holy smite, blindess/deafness, sound burst; Market Price: 55,000 gp; To Create: 27500 gp, 1100 XP; Weight: 10 lbs; Auras: Strong Evocation

White Blade
2005-02-02, 03:49 PM
Hey Mc Mouse, you should just edit your thing rather than post them seprately. White Wannbe Mod: Please refrain from double posting.

McMouse
2005-02-02, 09:33 PM
I'm being cautious. I'd rather not loose a jillion lines of text to a misclick. I'm sure that the length of time between posts will vindicate me. When I get all five, indeed, I will make one leviathan post.

devious3
2005-02-08, 05:49 PM
As an avid player of the dwarven race... i would like to say: Good Job!
Although maybe change a few things concerning the restrictions of the weapon/ring/cloak... instead of just allowing the character to simply take off the garment or drop the weapon... because these are so important to the church of Moradin make them gain a curse if they pick up or don the item...
The curse could just be the same effect as what they would suffer if they tried to use the item normaly but it dosn't go away when they drop the item... And an up-side down symbol of the Soulforger is burnt into their forheads [the symbol of a cursed person]... and if they try to cover it or marr it in any way they will die [or whatever] and their soul will forever be tormented in the lowest circle of the 9 hells...
Again this is just an idea... do what you will... great ideas... cant wait to see the next one...

McMouse
2005-02-10, 11:33 AM
Oops! Sorry, I completely forgot about this. Okay, for the curse issue, the precedent in Dragonlance as well as for the properly aligned stuff in the DMG is to either a) Have a curse which goes away when dropped or b) bestow negative levels. I'll think about making it harsher, especially for the final item. As soon as I get home, I'll write up the last two

COMING UP NEXT:
Belt of the Mithril Keeper
Plate of the Soulforger

SartriX
2005-02-13, 07:48 AM
I'm usually not much of a Dwarf guy, but this I sure do like. Might even convince me to play Dwarf for a change afterall ;D

McMouse
2005-02-13, 01:50 PM
Belt of the Mithril Keeper

This belt is only given to the greatest of war heros among the dwarven race. Elligable recipients are those who save the entire kingdom of dwarvenkind from certain and imminent destruction, those who slay hordes of dragon, beholders, ithillids, drow, and duegar, and those who do enormously good deeds for the cause of dwarvenkind. Only one or two of these belts will be awarded every century. The belt allows the special title of Mithril Keeper to be added to the wearer's name, before the first name.

The belt of the Mithril Keeper itself seems to be made of an almost-liquid mass of fluid mithril, with a resplendant, gem-studded, gold-etched buckle. Despite it's apparent weight, the belt weighs no more than a belt made out of leather. It constantly glitters and shines. It empowers the wearer with extrordinary might and toughness, giving a +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution whenever the belt is worn. It creates a shield of shimmering, silver-tinged force around the wearer whenever it is worn, providing a +4 deflection bonus to AC. It also serves to absorb harmful magics cast upon the wearer, giving the wearer SR 15. Once per day, the wearer can draw upon the True Silver forged by Moradin himself. His skin turns to shifting, liquid mithril, grantin him Damage Reduction of 15/-. The mithril returns to Moradin's Forge after one minute. A glowing holy symbol of Moradin is etched onto the wearer's entire face, a symbol of their status.

If a non-dwarf, or evil aligned dwarf wears the belt of the Mithril Keeper, they gain none of the bonuses and they must succeed a Fortitude save (DC 18 ) or suffer a -4 penalty to Strength, Dexterity, and Constitution until they drop the belt.

Caster Level: 15th; Prerequisites: Craft Wonderous Item, Bulls Strength, Endurance, Shield of Faith, Spell Resistance, Divine Power, Creator must be a dwarven Cleric of Moradin; Market Price: 144,000 gp; To Create: 72000 gp 5760 xp; Aura's: Strong Transmutation