PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciding class after effigy master

Enochi
2008-12-24, 01:34 AM
Its me again. Yeah I know I try to design way too many classes. Anyway this time its a bit different. I am playing a Sorcerer 7/Effigy Master 3 and am trying to decide what class to take next to kept enhancing my ability to create Effigies and Perphaps even Golems. I think my Current feat list is something like

Legendary Artisan x 2
Spell focus Conjuration
Augment Summoning
Craft Wonderous Item

thoughts anyone?

Heliomance
2008-12-24, 04:56 AM
Artificer? If you're trying to craft, it's the way to go.

Adumbration
2008-12-24, 08:37 AM
Artificer? If you're trying to craft, it's the way to go.
Some people don't have the book, and thus are forced to use other ways. I'm one of those.

esorscher
2008-12-24, 11:06 AM
I might suggest summoning, for when you aren't able to build your monsters in time. Maybe a level of Alienist--you might be able to work out with your DM that you can build creatures with the pseudonatural template, but that's an afterthought--as it makes the creatures you summon harder to hit, and other bonuses.

Edit: Take craft construct, obviously.

AslanCross
2008-12-24, 05:36 PM
Some people don't have the book, and thus are forced to use other ways. I'm one of those.

The OP has Legendary Artisan, so I guess he has the Eberron Campaign Setting. In any case, taking Wizard levels also helps because it grants access to the Craft feats as bonus feats, although that's only once every 5 levels.

Enochi
2008-12-25, 06:07 PM
Hmm what I really need is a class that lets my advance my caster level so I can improve the hd of my effigies and a gives bonus feats that I can use to take Legendary, Extraordinary, Exception Artisan feats, and Craft Magic Arms and Armor, and Craft Construct.

....and yes I am really wishing I had just gone straight artificer.

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-25, 06:49 PM
You could always continue with the sorcerer levels.

Enochi
2008-12-25, 11:26 PM
I considered that but that means I will net only 3 more feats and if I wanted to craft constructs I would use up 2 more feats.