PDA

View Full Version : Gavorite 3.5 class

ivendale
2008-12-24, 02:14 AM
Favorite 3.5 classes, feats, prestige classes, and weapons... also races and sub races.

BRC
2008-12-24, 02:15 AM
My Gavorite 3.5 class would be the Gactotum. My gavorite geats are Weapon Gocus, Spell Gocus, and gont of inspiration. My gavorite spell, Gireball.

The Antigamer
2008-12-24, 02:35 AM
My Gavorite 3.5 class would be the Gactotum. My gavorite geats are Weapon Gocus, Spell Gocus, and gont of inspiration. My gavorite spell, Gireball.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
You gorgot your gavorite weapon, the glail.

Bosh
2008-12-24, 03:07 AM
I like Outcast Champion a lot, a fun and flavorful (if not especially powerful) PrC from Races of Destiny. Some good cool abilities, a nice ability to wack things hard and a very nice group will save boost.

Ganurath
2008-12-24, 03:13 AM
I cannot get over the build I came up with for a Half-Orc Hexblade that uses the Otyugh Hole to qualify for Avenging Executioner while using the bonus geat from said Hole to get Menacing Demeanour for +4 Intimidate. After five levels each of Hexblade and Avenging Executioner, it's 10 levels of Ghost-Gaced Killer. Throw in the Never Outnumbered skill trick, and you have a build that matches (if not surpassing) the Grenzied Berserker ubercharger and doubles (triples?) as a scout and party "diplomat."

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-24, 03:14 AM
My experience is limited, but I like Clerics because they are the best healing class in the game, and I like other spellcasters as well (I'd really like to try a Battle Sorcerer with full Sorcerer spell progession; I heard on here that it's a good fix for Battle Sorcerers). Feat-wise, I'd pick up some of the Combat Focus feats if I was a melee warrior, and I also like Augment Healing. I never use PrCs, but weapon-wise, I tend to class Longbows and Greatswords as the best ones (admittedly, I don't use classes which use those). My favourite races are Lupins, Phanatons, LA 0 Gnolls (+2 Str and Con, -2 Int and Cha, Darkvision 60', +1 Natural Armour, Spot and Listen are always class skills and a 1d6 Bite attack), and a race I made myself called Vulpins.

Temp.
2008-12-24, 03:53 AM
Fighter.

Building them is fun--there are huge numbers of feat and variant combinations to tinker around with.
Playing them is fun--they don't have any of the per day/encounter abilities or partial spellcasting that feels forced and artificial to me.
They are accepted in every game--some players cut Warblades because they're overpowered for the group's play style, some drop Incarnates because they're unfamiliar; nobody bars the Fighter and few bar its variants.

Beside that, I like Unseen Seer, Lurk, Rogue, Beguiler, Bard... the classes focused more on out-of-combat utility than smashing things. Pretty much anything with skill points is plus-nifty in my book* (skills feel more free and spontaneous than magic to me; using skills outside their lists of canned default uses also feels less abusive to me than doing so with spells).

*Except the Factotum; it's built from inelegant mechanics, a weak archetype and an obscure sourcebook. Bag that noise.

Animefunkmaster
2008-12-24, 03:57 AM
I personally like the binder. Oozing with flavor, rp options and being able to change what you want to do on the fly is fun.

Xefas
2008-12-24, 04:41 AM
I like Crusaders. They're like paladins, but awesome, and without all the baggage that the name "paladin" drags along with it.

Which...I suppose is just a way of saying they're like a more martial cleric.

Eldariel
2008-12-24, 05:01 AM
Most non-crappy (that is to say, non-Core non-Complete) classes. And Druids. For a more precise answer, read here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5478920&postcount=58). Skip the first paragraph; the thread also posed the question "What's the best class?"

Curmudgeon
2008-12-24, 05:21 AM
I like the Rogue, the most balanced and flexible of the core classes. The sine qua non feat to get for Rogues is Craven, from Champions of Ruin, which adds 1 point/character level to your sneak attack. Craven is the feat that makes it possible for a Rogue to perform adequately in combat.

Triaxx
2008-12-24, 06:16 AM
Sorceror. Batman can kiss my robed feet. Nothing says smite button like being able to cast any spell in my arsenal without having to worry if I thought to remember it. Web? Fireball? Magic Missile? I can fire them off all day if I want.

Dogmantra
2008-12-24, 06:57 AM
I like Warlocks. They can blast the wizard all day long, they can buff themselves all day long, and not run out of spells. Ever.

kalt
2008-12-24, 08:54 AM
I'm a real big fan of playing a druid. Lots of different things you can do in different situations and still have the utility to heal yourself.

Mephit
2008-12-24, 09:31 AM
Why do all of these threads keep popping up?

Favorite classes: I like the Swashbuckler for it's fluff, but the Binder has all that versatility, which is something I really like. :smallsmile:

Favorite Race: Gnomes from the Standard races, otherwise Kobolds. (I don't play them all the time, or it'd get old...but damn, they're fun. ^^)

Favorite PrC: None in particular. I choose them based on what my character needs. Although I have to say that one level of Chameleon is just awesome.

AmberVael
2008-12-24, 09:37 AM
It tends to shift for me, but I am personally fond of Sorcerers, Beguilers, Warlocks, and possibly Factotum/Swordsage.

Sorcerer is pretty much my favorite though- Beguiler just tempts me with the skill points.

Superglucose
2008-12-24, 09:42 AM
My favorite 3.5 class is the Druid, and I have never played one in my life.

ericgrau
2008-12-24, 11:07 AM
^ What a poser/follower :smalltongue:

Yeah, why is this up again. I had a lot of fun playing a battlefield control sorcerer. Lately I've really wanted to play a monk though, b/c I can see a lot of similar & interesting battlefield control uses. Eventually I'd like to DM a game where a ranger or rogue is actually viable & cool (in more than just the hopes of the player); i.e., they need a more detailed world than most to really shine. I started d&d as a rogue and was disappointed. I'd also like to go back to my fighter build... and, shoot, maybe I should just list the classes I don't like. Okay, I think barbarians and paladins seem kinda boring, though perhaps workable; maybe druid too but I dunno. The rest are pretty interesting.

Egiam
2008-12-24, 11:35 AM
I really like rogues for their skill points and awesome class features.

brant167
2008-12-24, 11:39 AM
Paladin, on the rare occourances I am on the players side of the screen I enjoy playing a true hero. Sure it isn't the most optimized class but hell, with the right feats and class choices you could be charging on a celestial horse/badger/emu/rhino/whatever while casting your buff spells as a free action.
Favorite race is a toss up between a race my friend made up Groundlings(pyromaniac halflings with a huge chip on their shoulders) and Orcs.

Istari
2008-12-24, 11:53 AM
Im a ranger person

Vexxation
2008-12-24, 12:05 PM
Soulknife, because of the idea, not the class. Conjuring weapons out of mental energy? Yes please.

To take it further, make it an Elan. Naturally psionic. Combine with Soulknife's Wild Talent and it has 4 PP per day to spend. For 1 PP it can decide not to eat or drink that day. Sweet!

So what we have is a character who on a regular basis needs neither a weapon (mind blade) nor food. Toss in two levels of Psychic Warrior for two extra feats (though a hit to BAB) and an extra power point, and you can now manifest Inertial Armor. Take Practised Manifestor (PsyWar) to up the duration to six hours.

Okay, let's recap. What do we have? A character who needs no material weapon, armor, or food. And now the bit I like the best that makes the entire character completely underpowered but really quite cool, Vow of Poverty. Now he gets bonuses for not having stuff that he gets through psionics.

Of course he's useless in a high power game. Possibly even mid-power. But with other unoptimized just-for-fun characters, it could be really neat.

Edited for stupidity...

Gardakan
2008-12-24, 12:08 PM
I love the rogue/wizard multiclassed into unseen seer or arcane trickster.

Or maybe the wizard/cleric/mystic theurge...

I know that the mystic theurge don't worth the game but i'd like just to cast awesome spells.

Rogue/wizard = I'm talking to you but you could'nt talk to me... i like to be a cynic wizard and sarcastic rogue that just enerved his enemies...

ChaosDefender24
2008-12-24, 12:43 PM
Soul eater!

Aron Times
2008-12-24, 02:15 PM
Sorcerer!

I can't wait for the 4E PHB2 so I can finally play Aron Times in the RPGA.

Jera
2008-12-24, 02:28 PM
I almost said binder but I never had as much fun with the Binder as I did my Kender Red Robe, who had the "magical" ability to "create" exact copies of an item someone near me had recently lost.

ivendale
2008-12-24, 02:34 PM
sorry about the miss spelling folks...

Shas aia Toriia
2008-12-24, 03:00 PM
The Gavoured Soul,definately. I much preger spontaneous spell casting, and the cleric has my gavourite spell list.
Well, to be gair, I really like the druid and its spell casting list, so those two are deginatley the best.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-25, 01:30 AM
Paladin, preferably with a good PrC like Pious Templar or Warpriest or Gray Guard (my favorite PrC ever). Because "SMIIIIITE EEEEEEVIL!" never, ever gets old.

As far as casters go, Archivist is fun. The problem is that you have to work to keep it from being overpowered. I ignore their armor proficiency and usually refuse to take more than 1 non-Cleric spell per level, to keep them reasonably balanced.

Celeres
2008-12-25, 03:04 AM
as a fan of being tank characters, i personally really like Dwarves, Knights, and Dwarven defenders.

Kurald Galain
2008-12-25, 07:36 AM
Warlock, hands down. Or, as the case may be, tentacles down.

Deth Muncher
2008-12-25, 11:06 AM
Warlock, hands down. Or, as the case may be, tentacles down.

G'uh....Warlocks get an invocation that gives them tentacles? I did not know this.

Kaiyanwang
2008-12-25, 04:45 PM
Druids for flavour first.

Rogue and Fighters immediately after.

arguskos
2008-12-25, 05:01 PM
Class: Wizard or Sorcerer. Or maybe Archivist. Or some of my homebrew classes. Or maybe Warmage. I like blowing crap up!!!

Race: Dvati. Nothing says good times like "Two bodies. One soul."

PrC: Jeez... too many to count!! Geometer, Force Missile Mage, Archmage, Elemental Savant, Soul Eater, if-it-has-fire-than-yes, etc....

ivendale
2008-12-26, 12:10 PM
In what book does one find a dvati?

arguskos
2008-12-26, 12:13 PM
In what book does one find a dvati?
Dragon Compendium.