PDA

View Full Version : Comic is once a week?

Eloel
2008-12-24, 09:48 AM
I've read somewhere (dated way back) that OotS was supposed to come out three times a week. I wonder, has there been another anouncement I've missed, or is it just that Rich is busy?

Assassin89
2008-12-24, 09:50 AM
Consider that right now, it's the holidays, I would not expect any updates any time this week, or at least until after the 25th.

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-24, 09:51 AM
Comic comes out whenever Rich has one to put up. There is no set schedule.

Assassin89
2008-12-24, 09:54 AM
I expect that this thread will be locked because it discusses the update schedule of the comic, which is not an approved topic for the forums.

Eloel
2008-12-24, 10:29 AM
I expect that this thread will be locked because it discusses the update schedule of the comic, which is not an approved topic for the forums.

I didn't know that, sorry.

factotum
2008-12-24, 10:44 AM
Rich is ill and has been for some time--read back through the news announcements. Even so, I think the comic has been averaging 2 issues a week for the past year, which is hardly terrible!

zyphyr
2008-12-24, 10:45 AM
We get them when we get them, and spend the rest of our time undergoing withdrawls until the next one.

Guran
2008-12-24, 12:18 PM
aw, I was hoping for a christmas themed comic:smallcool:

Finwe
2008-12-24, 12:54 PM
Currently, the official schedule is that the comics are updated randomly, without notice.

Also, as other people have said, threads discussing the schedule are against forum rules.

Ladorak
2008-12-24, 01:28 PM
Don't feel too bad, these topics come up all the time... Just don't do it again:smalltongue:

Trebuchet
2008-12-24, 01:51 PM
I hadn't seen anything about illness, and if that is the case, I hope Rich is recovered.

Either way, I raise a toast to the Giant's good health.

Studoku
2008-12-24, 02:14 PM
So, obviously, The Order of the Stick is back. I've gotten a few emails from...let's call them, "passionately concerned readers"...who were under the mistaken impression that once my vacation was over, OOTS would return to a regular Monday-Wednesday-Friday schedule. Just to clear everything up, no, OOTS's update schedule will remain random for the foreseeable future. Taking three weeks off was very good for me, but it doesn't actually change any of the facts that caused me to switch to a random schedule in the first place.

The goal is still to have three comics a week, every week, but that may not be possible. The next best thing, therefore, is to "catch up" afterwards when circumstances force me to miss. I only produced one comic last week, so now I have posted four this week—putting me only one comic "in the hole". So during some future week when the stars align more favorably (maybe next week, maybe not), I will again post four comics to bring me up to a three-a-week average since the comic's return from hiatus. And once I "zero out" my late comic balance, any additional comics beyond three that I do in any given week will go into a hypothetical buffer to guard against future absences. Or at least, that's the plan. We'll see how it plays out in reality.

There's the relevant news post. I can't believe it was over a year ago.

feltex
2008-12-24, 02:17 PM
Looking back, it seems # 518 was the first comic posted in 2008. Perhaps Rich had a personal (unstated) goal of 100 strips this year. Maybe Santa will be good to us and give us 100 and 101?!

(At the time of this post we are at #617)

ref
2008-12-25, 08:19 AM
518-617 spans 100 comics. It's not the three-a-week average, but we generally don't care. When there's a new strip, there's a new strip.

Merry Non-Denominational Winter Holiday everyone and Thank You Rich for making this wonderful webcomic called The Order of the Stick.

Roland St. Jude
2008-12-25, 05:46 PM
Currently, the official schedule is that the comics are updated randomly, without notice.

Also, as other people have said, threads discussing the schedule are against forum rules.

Sheriff of Moddingham: Indeed.