PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Live Arcade Games

Dumbledore lives
2008-12-24, 06:59 PM
For christmas I got a gift of 3000 Microsoft points and I was wondering what arcade games people suggest. The ones I have are Banjo Kazooie, Small Arms, Undertow, Smash TV, Castlevania SOTN, and Gauntlet, and Carcassonne. Some of these were free though. Almost any game is fine, and I was thinking about Street Fighter II: The long subtitle, or possibly some of the old Xbox games.

So Playground, what should I buy?

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-24, 07:03 PM
Puzzle Quest is a damn fun game, so I'll recommend that.

Crispy Dave
2008-12-25, 02:07 AM
puzzle quest
Worms
Ticket to ride
Catan
A kingdom for kiflings(not sure how to spell)
Castle Crashers.

Dumbledore lives
2008-12-25, 02:45 AM
puzzle quest
Worms
A kingdom for kiflings(not sure how to spell)
Castle Crashers.

The thing about Worms is I've got Worms 2 for the PC, and there is only about 12 weapons in that Worms, definitely not enough. My friend has bought Kingdom for Kiflings or whatever and says it doesn't have much replay value and got bored after about 3 hours. Castle crashers seems fun but almost none of my friends have it. Also what is that Ticket to Ride game?

MeklorIlavator
2008-12-25, 02:55 AM
Geometry Wars? Braid?

SuperMuldoon
2008-12-25, 03:54 AM
Castle Crashers

JabberwockySupafly
2008-12-25, 07:03 AM
Hmmm.... I suggest the following:

Ikaruga
Braid
Castle Crashers
Braid
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Braid
Doom
Braid
Psychonauts
Braid
Jade Empire
Braid
Streets of Rage II
Braid
Puzzle Quest
Braid
Mr.Driller Online
Braid
Bionic Commando Rearmed

Oh, I'd also suggest... Soul Calibur (Hah! Bet ya thought I was gonna say Braid, eh?)

Mr.Bookworm
2008-12-25, 07:27 AM
Hmmm.... I suggest the following:

Ikaruga
Braid
Castle Crashers
Braid
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Braid
Doom
Braid
Psychonauts
Braid
Jade Empire
Braid
Streets of Rage II
Braid
Puzzle Quest
Braid
Mr.Driller Online
Braid
Bionic Commando Rearmed

Oh, I'd also suggest... Soul Calibur (Hah! Bet ya thought I was gonna say Braid, eh?)

This. Everyone should play Braid. IMHO, it's the Portal of the year.

I also found a really interesting game in the Community section. I can't remember the name, but you play as a monster in a pit. You're completely unable to see anything (the entire screen is dark the entire time). So you have to use sound to orient yourself and hunt down people who fall into the pit. It was kinda cool.

Dairun Cates
2008-12-25, 09:02 AM
Yeah. I haven't gotten my Xbox 360 yet, but I reiterate... BRAID! It's like Portal, it's just that damned important.

Myatar_Panwar
2008-12-25, 01:25 PM
Man, how could I have forgotten about braid. Yeah get that too. My big three recommendations (for what its worth):
1. Braid
2. Puzzle Quest
3. Geometry Wars

Crispy Dave
2008-12-25, 01:31 PM
The thing about Worms is I've got Worms 2 for the PC, and there is only about 12 weapons in that Worms, definitely not enough. My friend has bought Kingdom for Kiflings or whatever and says it doesn't have much replay value and got bored after about 3 hours. Castle crashers seems fun but almost none of my friends have it. Also what is that Ticket to Ride game?

ticket to ride is a popular board games where you build railroad systems to win it has been converted to a xbox live arcade game.

Dumbledore lives
2008-12-25, 03:51 PM
Well I bought Catan because I played it and it was fun and I'd heard a lot of good things about the board game, and now i''m planning to buy Braid, and one other 800 point game, and one other 400 point game. I'm thinking Geometry Wars which is 800? And I don't know what for the 400 point one. Any suggestions

Inhuman Bot
2008-12-25, 06:34 PM
IMO, Geomatry wars is teh win, so I'll confirm it's awesome.

No other ideas, though.