PDA

View Full Version : Starcraft: The Board Game!

arguskos
2008-12-24, 07:00 PM
So, does anyone else in the Playground play SC: The Board Game? If so, and you haven't heard yet, the expansion came out recently (and it is AWESOME).

If you haven't seen/heard of the SC board game, you should go check it out. It's a bit pricey, but you get real plastic models of every unit, lots of replay value, and hours of fun. It IS a touch rules-intensive, but then again, it does the job of duplicating the game play masterfully well.

Just thought I'd point it out, in case anyone was interested. :smallwink:

Inhuman Bot
2008-12-24, 07:11 PM
So, does anyone else in the Playground play SC: The Board Game? If so, and you haven't heard yet, the expansion came out recently (and it is AWESOME).

If you haven't seen/heard of the SC board game, you should go check it out. It's a bit pricey, but you get real plastic models of every unit, lots of replay value, and hours of fun. It IS a touch rules-intensive, but then again, it does the job of duplicating the game play masterfully well.

Just thought I'd point it out, in case anyone was interested. :smallwink:

I agree with this all.

I've played it once at a friend's, and really want to get it now.

arguskos
2008-12-24, 07:27 PM
Ah, but Brood War gives us all sorts of shiny new toys (like Dark Archons, which ROCK MY SOCKS; Lurkers, which also make me leap with joy; and hero units, which are too damn cool, if a bit op [Kerrigan is... wtf-tarded]).

You should go play it. :smalltongue:

arguskos
2008-12-25, 05:56 PM
No one plays SC: The Board Game? Shame, shame. :smallfrown:

Archonic Energy
2008-12-26, 04:55 PM
ooo. expansion is out.
Shiney!

arguskos
2008-12-26, 05:20 PM
You there! You who are there! You play SC: TBG? If so, what faction and what strategies do you typically take? Inquiring minds want to know!

Malek
2008-12-26, 07:47 PM
Played it twice, and didn't like it - I think my main problem with it is the fact that unit stats depend entirely on the card you use for combat :smallannoyed:

arguskos
2008-12-26, 08:30 PM
Yeah... I wasn't a big fan of that either, but I don't know a better way of doing the combat that wouldn't be insanely clunky.

Personally, I've grown to like the cards, since they provide a nice method of getting the special powers into play (with Reinforcement cards and the like).

Destro_Yersul
2008-12-26, 08:43 PM
I've played it a couple times. The only obstacles to me owning it are the price, the fact I'd never get to use it much, and the monstrous set up time.

It is a lot of fun though, and given the opportunity I will always take the chance to play it. Oh, and I like protoss.