PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Weapons! [4e] PEACH

Alteran
2008-12-24, 07:55 PM
I've been working on a few items recently, and I figured there's no better place to ask for feedback than here. So far it's mostly weapons, including a few handguns. The guns obviously don't fit in to the normal D&D world, but they could be used in another setting.

Weapons

Mindcrusher Weapon
First forged by the Illithids, this weapon has the ability to subjugate the minds of weak-willed foes.
Level 20 +4 Level 30 +6
Level 25 +5
Weapon: Any
Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: The target is stunned until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily): Standard Action. Make an attack against Will defense with an attack bonus equal to the level of this weapon plus its enhancement bonus. If this attack hits, the target takes ongoing psychic damage equal to this weapon’s enhancement bonus, and is dominated until the end of your next turn.

Mindfocused Weapon
Spellcasters favour this blade for its ability to channel mental ability in place of physical prowess.
Lvl 2 +1 Lvl 17 +4
Lvl 7 +2 Lvl 22 +5
Lvl 12 +3 Lvl 27 +6
Weapon: Heavy Blade, Light Blade
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus
Property: Anyone proficient with simple weapons or the dagger is proficient with this weapon.
Power (Encounter): Standard Action. Make a melee basic attack with this weapon, using Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma as the ability score for the attack (instead of Strength).

Sacred Defender
Paladins who wield this weapon deliver burning justice to those who attack their allies.
Level 2 +1 Level 17 +4
Level 7 +2 Level 22 +5
Level 12 +3 Level 27 +6
Weapon: Any
Critical: +1d6 damage per plus, or +1d10 damage per plus against a marked enemy.
Property: An enemy who takes damage from your Divine Challenge power (PH 91) takes extra radiant damage equal to this weapon’s enhancement bonus.

Handguns

All handguns are one-handed weapons. There's some more things I'm working on to support them, but don't expect them anytime soon.

EDIT: Tables are up. Thanks to flyingpoo22 for showing me how to make them.

{table=head]Weapon|Prof.|Damage|Range|Price|Weight|Group|Prope rties|Skill
Light Revolver|+2|d6|10/20|40gp|.5 lb|Firearm (Handgun)|Load Free*, Off-Hand|Military
Revolver|+2|d8|10/20|35gp|1 lb|Firearm (Handgun)|Load Free*, Unsteady|Military
Bonesplitter|+1|d10|10/20|50gp|3 lbs|Firearm (Handgun)|Load Free*, Unsteady, Brutal 1, High Crit|Superior
Heavy Revolver|+2|d12|15/30|55gp|2 lbs|Firearm (Handgun)|Load Free*, Unsteady|Superior[/table]
*See weapon description.

Unsteady: This weapon can be held in one hand, but it is hard to aim. When using two hands to fire a weapon with the Unsteady property, you gain a +1 bonus to the attack roll, and you ignore far shot penalties.

Load Free*: Bullets are stored in a circular magazine, which automatically rotates after each shot. A weapon with this property does not need to be reloaded as long as there are bullets in the magazine. A magazine costs 1gp and holds 6 bullets. It takes a standard action to remove an empty magazine and load a new one.