PDA

View Full Version : Theory: Yor vs. Thog

Niley
2008-12-25, 12:09 PM
So we have this guy named Yor, now, yes? So I think EVERYONE finds it a bit odd that his name spelled backwards is (*fanfares*) Roy!
Okay, so this theory might be a bit of a stretch, but we've seen weirder things happen, eh? Okay. Based on the last few strips, I think the Linear Guild is going to make another entrance... but they'll lose Thog eventually, and Yor will take his place! What do you think?

Kish
2008-12-25, 12:12 PM
So we have this guy named Yor, now, yes? So I think EVERYONE finds it a bit odd that his name spelled backwards is (*fanfares*) Roy!
Okay, so this theory might be a bit of a stretch, but we've seen weirder things happen, eh? Okay. Based on the last few strips, I think the Linear Guild is going to make another entrance... but they'll lose Thog eventually, and Yor will take his place! What do you think?
I think Rich has kept Thog around this long because of his popularity, and Thog will not leave the strip for good until the entire Linear Guild does--certainly not to be replaced by a fighter whose sole claim to fitting the role of Roy's opposite better is that his name is Yor.

Zevox
2008-12-25, 12:22 PM
I think Rich has kept Thog around this long because of his popularity, and Thog will not leave the strip for good until the entire Linear Guild does--certainly not to be replaced by a fighter whose sole claim to fitting the role of Roy's opposite better is that his name is Yor.
Agreed.

:thog: thog too pretty for jail, so thog too pretty to die! also too bee-luv-ed by fans!

Zevox

Kurald Galain
2008-12-25, 12:36 PM
But, Thog is probably Yor's uncle, Therkla's son, and Xykon's father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate.

dps
2008-12-25, 01:25 PM
I'll worry about Thog getting replaced when Rich introduces a fighter named Goht.

Enlong
2008-12-25, 01:40 PM
I'll worry about Thog getting replaced when Rich introduces a fighter named Goht.

No way, the Mechanical Bull Demon has a horrible LA.

David Argall
2008-12-25, 01:54 PM
certainly not to be replaced by a fighter whose sole claim to fitting the role of Roy's opposite better is that his name is Yor.

Well, he also gets to yell out his attacks, which Roy rarely does. And he's a underling instead of the leader. He uses helmet and hammer vs big sword. He likes to squeeze Celia .... no, wait...

Tholok Razescar
2008-12-25, 03:36 PM
Yor is a minor ****ing character.
Rich Burlew is screwing around with your MIND.
SNAP OUT OF IT, PLAYGROUND.

Shatteredtower
2008-12-25, 04:27 PM
Yor vs. Thog? Anti-Roy vs. Bizarro Roy, hmm? Both entertaining, but the latter gets better sound bites.

Sarrel
2008-12-25, 07:59 PM
But Thog is... Thog. He's so lovable!

Grail
2008-12-26, 12:52 AM

No.

No.

the End.