PDA

View Full Version : Gotta Catch 'em all (New 3.5 base class in progress.)

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-25, 01:03 PM
The Pokemon Trainer
Hit die: d4
Alignment: Any

The Pokemon Trainer:
{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special|Starter Pokemon

1|+0|+0|+2|+2|Pokemon Battle|Starter Pokemon
2|+1|+0|+3|+3|Capture Pokemon|+2 ability
3|+1|+1|+3|+3||Special Attack, Feat
4|+2|+1|+4|+4||Bonus
5|+2|+1|+4|+4||Special Attack
6|+3|+2|+5|+5||+2 ability, Feat
7|+3|+2|+5|+5||Evolution
8|+4|+2|+6|+6||+2 ability, Feat
9|+4|+3|+6|+6||Special Attack
10|+5|+3|+7|+7|Doubles battle|
11|+5|+3|+7|+7||Bonus
12|+6/+1|+4|+8|+8||Special Attack, Feat
13|+6/+1|+4|+8|+8||+2 ability
14|+7/+2|+4|+9|+9||Final Evolution
15|+7/+2|+5|+9|+9||Feat
16|+8/+3|+5|+10|+10||+2 Ability
17|+8/+3|+5|+10|+10||Special Attack
18|+9/+4|+6|+11|+11||Bonus, Feat
19|+9/+4|+6|+11|+11||+2 Ability
20|+10/+5|+6|+12|+12||Capstone special attack[/table]

Pokemon battle: Pokemon trainers do not fight on their own – they have their Pokemon do it for them. At any given time, a pokemon trainer can have one pokemon out to fight for them. The trainer and their pokemon share all of their actions.
The trainer can have up to five other pokemon in reserve an any given time. Switching pokemon is a full-round action.

Pokeballs:

Starter Pokemon: At first level, a pokemon trainer chooses a pokemon from among the four starters – Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charmander, or Pichu. Unlike other pokemon, these starters advance as the pokemon trainer levels. Every time a pokemon trainer levels, their starter gains one hit die. The starters also gain additional benefits based on the trainer’s level. Approximately every other level, the trainer can choose to improve one of the pokemon’s physical ability scores by 2. At other levels, starter pokemon learn new special attacks. A pokemon can only know four special attacks at a time – At any time, a pokemon can forget an older attack to learn a new one. At levels seven and fourteen, starters evolve into tougher pokemon.

Capture Pokemon: A Pokemon trainer can capture any creature with an intelligence of 3 or below and fewer HD than the trainer’s class levels and train it as a pokemon. To capture a pokemon, the trainer must use a pokeball and succeed on a capture check (d20 + trainer level) with a DC equal to ten plus the creature’s HD plus any remaining hit points it has (creatures with less than one hit point cannot be captured.) Putting the creature under a sleep effect, or stunning or otherwise immobilizing it, grants a +4 bonus to the check.

Doubles Battle: At level ten, a pokemon trainer can have two pokemon on the field at the same time.

Pokemon subtype: The pokemon subtype is applied to any creature that has been captured by a pokemon trainer. The word "pokemon" in this description
applies to any creature with the pokemon subtype.

Starter Pokemon:

Bulbasaur

Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Pokemon)
Hit Dice: 1 d10 (6 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-10
Attack: Vine +5 melee (1d3 - 2)
Full Attack: 2 vines +5 melee (1d3-2) and bite +0 melee (1d4 -2)
Space/Reach: 2˝ ft./2˝ ft.
Special Attacks: Leech Seed
Special Qualities: Vulnerable 5 fire, vulnerable 5 cold, resist 5 electric, photosynthesis
Saves: Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Climb +2, Tumble +2
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Ability Focus (B)
Environment: Any
Organization: Domesticated or solitary
Challenge Rating: ˝
Advancement: by evolution
Level Adjustment: 0 as familiar, companion

Leech Seed: A Bulbasaur can shoot out a parasitic plant which damages an enemy and heals the bulbasaur. The leech seed deals 1d3 damage per round, which the bulbasaur regains as hit points. The victim is allowed a fortitude save (DC 13) every round to shake off the seed. The save DC is constitution based.

Photosynthesis: A Bulbasaur regains 1 hit point per hour as long as it is in the sunlight.

Improvements:
At level 3, Bulbasaur learns the Poison Powder special attack.

Poison Powder: A Bulbasaur can attempt to poison an enemy within 5 feet. Intitial and secondary damage 1d6 Con. The save DC is Constitution based.

At level 4, Bulbasaur gains a +2 bonus to the save DC’s on all it’s attack rolls.

At level 5, Bulbasaur can learn the Sleep Powder attack.
Sleep Powder: A Bulbasaur can try to put to sleep an enemy within 5 feet. This lasts for 1d4 rounds plus one for every 5 hit dice the Bulbasaur possesses. The save DC is constitution based.

Squirtle:

Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Aquatic, Pokemon)
Hit Dice: 1d10 (5 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares) Swim 30 ft.
Armor Class: 16 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +2 natural), touch 14, flat-footed 12
Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d4-2)
Full Attack: Slam +5 melee (1d4-2)
Space/Reach: 2˝ ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Water gun, Withdraw
Special Qualities: Amphibious, Vulnerable 5 electricity, resist 5 fire, resist 5 cold.
Abilities: Str 6, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills: Swim +8, Climb +2, Jump +2
Feats: Weapon Finesse
Level Adjustment: 0 (as familiar/ companion)

Bubble: A squirtle can send out a stream of bubbles at an opponent. This stream has a range of 30 ft. (six squares.) It deals 1d4 points of damage, or 2d4 to fire creatures.

Improvements:
At level 3, Squirtle learns the Withdraw special attack.

Withdraw: Squirtle’s natural armor increases by 4, to a total of plus six. It can take no actions while in this state.

At level 4, Squirtle gains a +10 bonus to it’s land speed and swim speed.

At level 5, Squirtle can learn the Water gun Special attack

Water gun: A squirtle can shoot water at a range of 10 ft. This stream of water deals 1d6 + Con modifier points of damage, or 2d6 to fire creatures.

Charmander:

Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Fire, Pokemon)
Hit Dice: 1d10 (6 hp)
Attack: Claw +5 melee (1d2-1)
Full Attack: 2 claws +5 melee (1d2-1) and bite -1 melee (1d3-1)
Special Attacks: Ember
Special Qualities: Resist 5 fire
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Intimidate +2,
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Ability focus (B)
Level Adjustment: 0 (familiar or companion)

Ember: Five foot cone (1 square) damage 1d6 fire, reflex DC 13 half.

Improvements:

At level 3, Charmander learns the Lear special attack

Lear: The target takes a minus 2 penalty to their armor class. This lasts for a number of rounds equal to half the Charmanders HD. A will save negates this ability. The save DC is charisma based.

At level 4, Charmanders damage die for it’s claw and bite attacks increase by one size category.

At level 5, Charmander learns the Rage special ability.

Rage: Once per day, Charmander can rage, as a barbarian with class levels equal to the Charmander’s HD.

Still Coming: Pichu, evolved forms, and more on the capture system, including stats for different kinds of pokeballs.

Here's where I need your input. I can't decide if captured pokemon should advance with the trainer or not. It would be more in the spirit of the games if they did, but I feel like it would be really hard to balance. Any help with this project would be appreciated.

Eloel
2008-12-25, 01:35 PM
Nice, a little weak though, you may want to get a few feats for this.

Also, pokemon should be able to improve with their trainer, not auto-improve, so you still need to use Handle Animal (or Train Pokemon) skill to train them.

Baron Corm
2008-12-25, 02:05 PM
Here's where I need your input. I can't decide if captured pokemon should advance with the trainer or not. It would be more in the spirit of the games if they did, but I feel like it would be really hard to balance. Any help with this project would be appreciated.

Since you can only have 1-2 out at the same time, I don't see any balance problems. If you could have all 6 out at once like they can in the show, that would be a problem.

Not going to give any help, because 151 pokemon plus, let's say, 10 abilities per pokemon, is a LOT of work. Which is the main reason that pokemon projects never get finished. And once you get done with those, you might as well do all 493, plus abilities, traits, super-effectiveness, not-very-effectiveness, weather conditions, a "breeder" class, PP (SLA per day/encounter), move accuracy (threat ranges), and everything else too! :smallbiggrin:.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-25, 02:12 PM
You misunderstand. My plan was only to stat out the starters and their evolutions. Aside from that, The pokemon trainer captures regular monsters from the D & D world, like Dire Rats and oozes, who become their other "pokemon". So what I need is a universal system for advancing said monsters, which is what might cause the balance problems.

Eloel
2008-12-25, 02:19 PM
A animal-companion like approach might actually help.

Deth Muncher
2008-12-25, 02:24 PM
The Portable Hole Full of Beer series spoofed the pokemon trainer class by making the "Ball Master" PrC. I'd suggest you take a look at that, as it's got some good stuff. It's on RPGnow.com

EDIT: Oh, also, unless Charmander turned into Bill Shakespeare, you mean it has the "Leer" special ability.

Eloel
2008-12-25, 02:49 PM
I'll flesh out Charmander for you, if you wouldn't mind (I don't see why you would :))

Charmander

Size/Type: Tiny Magical Beast (Fire, Pokemon)
Hit Dice: 1d10 (6 hp)
Attack: Claw +5 melee (1d2-1)
Full Attack: 2 claws +5 melee (1d2-1) and bite -1 melee (1d3-1)
Special Attacks: Ember
Special Qualities: Resist 5 fire
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 12
Skills: Intimidate +2,
Feats: Weapon Finesse, Ability focus (B)
Level Adjustment: 0 (familiar or companion)

Abilities;
At level 1, Charmander knows Scratch. On a successful hit, once per round, Charmander's claw attack deals double damage.

At level 1, Charmander knows Growl. As a move action, Charmander can use the Growl ability to give -1 to one enemy's attack rolls.

At level 3, Charmander learns Ember. As a standard action, Charmander can use Ember to deal fire damage equal to 1d6+it's Con modifier+Enemy's HD.

At level 5, Charmander learns Leer. As a move action, Charmander can use the Leer ability to give -2 AC to one enemy.

At level 7, Charmander evolves into Charmeleon. Charmeleon increases size to Medium, and gains +4 Str and +2 Con.

At level 9, Charmeleon learns Rage. Charmeleon goes into rage when it's down to less than 1/5 of it's hitpoints. The rage can only end if Charmeleon is healed, it's dead, or all it's enemies are dead. During the rage, Charmeleon gains +4 strength, +4 constitution, +2 to Will saves, and -2 to AC.

At level 12, Charmeleon learns Slash. As a swift action, Charmeleon doubles the damage for all claw attacks it does until the beginning of it's next turn. It stacks with Scratch.

At level 14, Charmeleon evolves into Charizard. Charizard increases size to Huge, gains +4 Str, +4 Con, and a flying speed of 50 (good)

At level 17, Charizard learns Flamethrower. As a full-round action, Charizard deals 1d6/level + Con modifier + Enemy's HD fire damage to everyone in a 40 ft cone.

At level 20, Charizard learns Firespin. As a standard action, Charizard can burn an enemy, dealing 5d6 damage each round at Charizard's initiative, starting with this round. The burn effect continues till the enemy gets at least 50 points of magical healing, or Con modifier rounds pass, whichever is lower.

Score bonuses;
At level 2, Charmander gets +2 Dexterity
At level 6, Charmander gets +2 Constitution
At level 8, Charmeleon gets +2 Strength
At level 13, Charmeleon gets +2 Constitution
At level 16, Charizard gets +2 Strength
At level 19, Charizard gets +2 Constitution

I'll do the other Bonuses later.

Thoughts?

I managed to fit everything from
http://guides.ign.com/guides/16708/page_16.html
perfectly, without calculating beforehand.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-25, 02:50 PM
Go ahead. He's probably the weakest of the three.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-25, 02:56 PM
Have you taken a look at the D20 BESM Monster catcher? It does what you want perfectly...and sorry to say much better in its execution.

Not a bad idea, but it can become horribly broken unless you have a plan to make sure you can't capture a Pit Fiend or an Efreeti.

Over all...this is actually weak.

Shadow_Elf
2008-12-25, 03:20 PM
Not a bad idea, but it can become horribly broken unless you have a plan to make sure you can't capture a Pit Fiend or an Efreeti.

He noted that the captured "pokemon" has to have Intelligence =< 3, which means no Efreeti or Pit Fiends, but Gelatinous Cubes and Hydras are okie-kosher.

Eloel
2008-12-25, 03:23 PM
He noted that the captured "pokemon" has to have Intelligence =< 3, which means no Efreeti or Pit Fiends, but Gelatinous Cubes and Hydras are okie-kosher.

Technically a Hydra has over 3 intelligence. 5 heads with 1 int each = 5 int in my book :smalltongue:

Assassin89
2008-12-25, 03:24 PM
There should be a limit to how many "pokemon" that one can carry at a time i.e. six, but if one captures more than six, there should also be a method of changing the current party of pokemon.

Baron Corm
2008-12-25, 03:33 PM
You misunderstand. My plan was only to stat out the starters and their evolutions. Aside from that, The pokemon trainer captures regular monsters from the D & D world, like Dire Rats and oozes, who become their other "pokemon". So what I need is a universal system for advancing said monsters, which is what might cause the balance problems.

Ah, that does get tricky. Because you see, in the games, the strong pokemon that you fight, you don't get. You get the dinky ones in the grass nearby, and then train them up to your other pokemon's level.

Based on this, I would not allow you to capture defeated monsters at all. I would grant a pokemon (of your choice) at certain levels as you level up, and assume that you have caught them in the grass nearby, similar to attracting an animal companion, like ozgun said. They would automatically scale their HD to your current pokemon's level, possibly with a Handle Animal check or whatever.

Edit: This does not, of course, count legendary pokemon, but we all know how easy the game gets after you get one of those, right?

Innis Cabal
2008-12-25, 03:37 PM
The later ones? Not so easy.

But I agree. Capturing even a HYDRA is serious business.

Solaris
2008-12-27, 11:15 PM
I'unno... I think if you do a modular approach to it with an emphasis on fluff over crunch, it shouldn't be too hard to stat out the original 151 Pokemon. The trick would be getting a group to keep a straight face long enough to play the game.
I'd do them as Aberrations, not Magical Beasts, but that's just me.
I'm with Innis Cabal, though. The BESM class actually does do this a lot better - it's point-based, which might turn you off, but it really does work. With this class, it's kinda looking like you can really only have one of these abominations at your disposal, which kinda negates the purpose of being able to capture any other critters.
You might want to think about using experience-based progression for the Pokemon. Have it gain XP equal to half the XP the trainer gets, which it can then use to buy Hit Dice, moves, ability boosts, evolutions, and what have you. That seems best, I am thinking. Say... 500 XP for a +2 bonus to an ability, while Hit Dice cost what it does to go up a level. Moves, no idea. Evolutions would probably be 1000 XP - or maybe just adding on a LA to represent how the lower stages level-up faster than the evolved stages. The Pokemon will advance slower than the character, but all of them will be getting the XP. By my sleep-deprived math, it could be doable as a class.
Personally, I'd add in spellcasting a la the Healer from the Miniatures Handbook. It can't hurt to be able to patch up your little minion.

Outta curiousity, how does subdual damage factor into capturing a Pokemon?

Fizban
2008-12-27, 11:47 PM
I'd say just let them gain a hit die (or, "level up") with either 8 hours of training, or every encounter overcome that they participate in, up to a max of your level. I'd also allow the application of low adjustment (+1 or 2 CR) templates in place of HD for evolutions. If you've got enough books, you can make a lot of the less ridiculous pokemon by combining various animals/vermin/magical beasts and enough templates. The trainer should pick the skills and feats on level up, so don't forget meta SLA/breath/Su feats, martial study, and stuff like power attack.

Your method stays the truest to the source, and is the most difficult I've seen for capturing monsters. A 50/50 level check after managing to reduce the foe to exactly 1hp? Of course, you could always just KO it with nonlethal damage, then whittle it down with a dagger until it hits negatives, and bring it back up to 1 with a wand of cure minor.

You should probably make some statements about releasing and replacing pokemon as well.

Something else I was just thinking of: how good are the Astral Construct tables? Maybe one could use that, along with base type changes and some templates, for making pokemon?

Edit: oh, forgot the most important thing: what exactly do you mean by "shared actions". You'll have to be more specific for your final writeup. I assume you mean that for the pokemon to take an action, the trainer has to expend an equal action, and presumably communicate it's desires in some way as well. That has to be the most limiting method I've seen for controlling pokemon, but also the simplest and most absolute. I was thinking of borrowing the Master of Shadow's shadow companion boosts, where you spend an action for a 1 round benefit for your companion, but just splitting actions between the two is much easier to work with.

Athaniar
2008-12-28, 09:29 AM
Capture Pokemon: A Pokemon trainer can capture any creature with an intelligence of 3 or below

I'm not too sure about this. Aren't many Pokémon (especially Psychic-type and legendary ones) a bit more intelligent? Granted, I'm not much into Pokémon, but they can't all be animal-level intelligence, can they?

Solaris
2008-12-28, 12:03 PM
I'm not too sure about this. Aren't many Pokémon (especially Psychic-type and legendary ones) a bit more intelligent? Granted, I'm not much into Pokémon, but they can't all be animal-level intelligence, can they?

I think almost none of them are animal-level, come to think of it. They're all pretty much 3-7 range, with the smarter ones being 10-15 range. Pretty sure that whatsit, the final evolution of Abra, has an Int score in the 20s-30s.
Also, I blame this poster for me starting a new game on Pokemon Crystal and statting out each one I could stand to look at. I'll be posting them when I've finished with my first party.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-28, 01:07 PM
So - lots to work on. In no particular order:

My math was off on the capture checks. I meant it to be a bit more than fifty-percent, plus I thought ultra-balls and such would be items that could be found or crafted, and give a bonus to the check.

As far as the shared actions go, I've been playing a beast companion ranger in 4e, so my mind sort of went there. I don't think it would be unbalanced for them to have their own actions (like a 3.5 animal companion) but I just wonder what the trainer himself would do with his actions.

Finally, as far as pokemon intelligence goes, this is based on the game (specifically red/blue/yellow) rather than the anime, and in the game pokemon just obey you. There's not much indication that they can think for themselves.

As far as statting out the original 151, I was actually thinking of starting a blog with that as it's focus - pokemon a day, or something like that, just for fun. Has anyone already attempted such a thing?

I have to go eat lunch now. I'll reply more later.

Edit: A quick search of the internet reveals that many, many people have attempted similar projects. As far as I can tell, however, all of them have been abandoned before they got all that far. If anyone can point me towards a functional one, by all means.

Fizban
2008-12-28, 08:37 PM
Well, you went and sent me into a frenzy of brainstorming as well. I looked up the Astral Construct tables, which aside from needing to be changed to a different base type, don't seem like they'd be too good for using as pokemon unless you based the entire system around the power of summon monster spells, which is just not awesome.

I kind of forgot the other obvious evolution mechanic, changing into thematically related monsters with greater power (wolf to dire wolf, ooze to bigger ooze, etc), but it probably goes without saying.

The question of pokemon intelligence and ethics/morality is one of those that just makes firey explosions of death when you try to compare it to any other system. It only really works cause they say it does in the show, but if porting to DnD, you're probably right to limit them to monsters of animal or lower intelligence (2 or less int), at the least. Int 3 or higher is PC playable, can speak a language if it has a proper vocal system, and generally seems about past the limit for domestication into slavery.

I just came up with yet another system myself that I think could work for both emulating most pokemon, and not causing brain asplosions at the table, but I never really manage to stat anything up myself. Suffice to say it revolves around using animals/vermin and a specific list of templates exclusively, so that there is a finite list of identafiable mons. You could limit it further by saying x speicies isn't compatible with y templates, paring down the list into recognizable pokemon (ex: Make a list of all the turtle shaped pokemon, and only allow turtles to have the templates for the corresponding types. Each turtle and type combination is it's on mon with an evolutionary line and name, so if another trainer has a fire turtle, it's always a Torkoal).

Solaris
2008-12-29, 09:03 AM
I was taking the information about Alakazam's intelligence from its Pokedex entry.
Also, near completion on most of the Pokemon I found near the beginning of Crystal. Their basic stats are barely important - it's the moves that're interesting me. Excerpt:

Leer (Ex): A creature meeting the Totodile's gaze must succeed on a DC 11 Will save or take a -1 penalty to AC for one round. Use of this ability requires a standard action. This is a mind-affecting ability.

String Shot (Ex): Ranged touch attack, range 30 ft. 1d4 Dex, Ref save 10 for half. Save DC is Constitution-based. (from Caterpie)

Growl (Ex): All opponents within a 10-ft radius burst centered on the Sentret take a -1 penalty to damage rolls for one round. Will save DC 11 negates, DC is Charisma-based. This is a sonic, mind-affecting ability. (from Sentret)

Sand-Attack (Ex): The Pidgey kicks up a 10-ft cone of sand and grit. Creatures within this cone who are not of the Ground or Rock type must make a DC 12 Fort save or take a -2 penalty to attack rolls for one round. Save DC is Dexterity-based.

Leech Life (Su): A single target within 30 feet of the Zubat takes 1d8 + Cha points of negative energy damage. If the target is a living creature, the Zubat recovers hit points equal to half the damage dealt.

Supersonic (Su): All creatures within a 30-ft radius burst of the Zubat must make a DC 11 Will save or be confused as the spell for 1d4 rounds. The Zubat's caster level for this effect is equal to its Hit Dice, and the save DC is Charisma-based. This is a sonic, mind-affecting ability.
Each of these is a standard action to perform.

Not sure how I'd want to do the moves - maybe have them know a basic move set from the get-go, and then pick up more powerful moves when they evolve/from TMs/when they train? I'm not trying to do a 99-level thing, just keep their HD kinda normal for their sizes. When they max out HD, they can evolve. This'd go with the plan of having them be able to dump XP into other enhancements aside from level-ups.

Eloel
2008-12-29, 11:16 AM
If we'd somehow form a team that would create a P&T (Pokemon and Trainers), I'd like to join :smallbiggrin:

Assassin89
2008-12-29, 11:59 AM
We could also include abilities that are present from Ruby and Sapphire and beyond.
Excerpt:

Oblivious: creature is immune to charm monster
Rough Skin: All creatures who make a successful touch attack against Carvanah takes 1d4 damage.
Limber: creature cannot be paralyzed
Thick Fat: creature has resistance to cold and fire
Own Tempo: creature cannot be confused
Hustle: if a creature makes a successful attack roll, it must make a d% roll. 1-20 attack misses. 21-100 attack deals 1d6 more damage.

Baron Corm
2008-12-29, 01:40 PM
As far as the shared actions go, I've been playing a beast companion ranger in 4e, so my mind sort of went there. I don't think it would be unbalanced for them to have their own actions (like a 3.5 animal companion) but I just wonder what the trainer himself would do with his actions.

How about if it takes a standard action to command your pokemon to do anything but move? It can spend its move action normally, but you have to spend a standard action to have it do a standard action or full-round action. You would still control all of its actions.

Finally, as far as pokemon intelligence goes, this is based on the game (specifically red/blue/yellow) rather than the anime, and in the game pokemon just obey you. There's not much indication that they can think for themselves.

From the Red/Blue pokedex on Alakazam: Its brain can outperform a supercomputer. Its intelligence quotient is said to be 5,000.

Just because it obeys you doesn't mean it's dumb. You have enslaved it with a pokeball.

As far as statting out the original 151, I was actually thinking of starting a blog with that as it's focus - pokemon a day, or something like that, just for fun. Has anyone already attempted such a thing?

And the madness begins :smallcool:

Solaris
2008-12-30, 04:55 AM
If we'd somehow form a team that would create a P&T (Pokemon and Trainers), I'd like to join :smallbiggrin:

Hm. Well... I'm game, I suppose. I know the OP wanted to do it on a blog, but I's thinking it'd be better if we did it on this forum, then transfer all the data over to a wiki.
But that's just me.

Eloel
2008-12-30, 04:57 AM
I strongly suggest we start with the first 150 (151 if you wish) pokemons, before leading into the other regions (land-of-the-unknown for me)

Solaris
2008-12-30, 07:51 AM
Agreed - but as I'm playing Crystal, I'll be statting out the mons I catch.

Glooble Glistencrist
2008-12-30, 11:46 PM
If everyone wants to help, then I think a wiki is a far better idea than a blog. Here's as good a place to start as any.

Eloel
2008-12-31, 02:34 AM
I'll be away for the rest of the week, with little to no web access, so if you want to somehow reach me, PM is the way to go.

Solaris
2009-01-01, 12:12 PM
I'm still here, and I'm still statting out my stuffs.
*Huggles Totodile*

I'm thinking we'd want to assign types to the moves, while leaving them free to attack with their natural weapons as Normal attacks.

Istari
2009-01-01, 12:23 PM
If I have time later I could stat up some stuff for you guys