PDA

View Full Version : Splash weapons - potentially useful?

Heliomance
2008-12-26, 05:38 PM
It occurs to me that there's no particular reason why you can't put green slime in a glass flask. This then provides you with a ranged touch attack that does 1d6 CON damage. If the target doesn't immediately spend their action to scrape it off - damaging their weapon in the process - the damage repeats.

Kurald Galain
2008-12-26, 05:48 PM
You'd need a very large bottle though - you need a five-foot-square to deal 1d6 damage.

Also I'd say that it dries out in the bottle and becomes ineffective after awhile. Not that Da Rules actually say so, if you want to play it strict, but Da Rules also don't say that you can use it as a weapon to begin with.

xPANCAKEx
2008-12-26, 06:19 PM
well, i don't see why it would have to be a 45 ft bottle. A green slime doesn't have to touch you with all of its body to deal the con damage... although it would have to be a special container to seal it in and keep it potent in the first place

Darkmatter
2008-12-26, 06:28 PM
Why not just put a contact poison in there? Make black lotus extract cheap with Minor Creation or (better) Minor Creation, Psionic. DC 20 save, 3d6 Con primary, 3d6 Con secondary damage. DC 35 Craft (Poisonmaking) check to make it.

Heliomance
2008-12-26, 07:29 PM
Because green slime doesn't offer a save.

Leon
2008-12-27, 05:54 AM
And you could "farm" a patch if you knew the location and such of some for almost free production

You'd need a very large bottle though - you need a five-foot-square to deal 1d6 damage.

Also I'd say that it dries out in the bottle and becomes ineffective after awhile. Not that Da Rules actually say so, if you want to play it strict, but Da Rules also don't say that you can use it as a weapon to begin with.

This is where you talk to your DM and work out the ways it'll go

Tsotha-lanti
2008-12-27, 06:18 AM
What's this dinky small-time green-slime-in-vials business? Just use slime wave from Defenders of the Faith. The spell that broke 3.0 druids even worse. (Yes, it was possible.)

BobVosh
2008-12-27, 06:22 AM
i now want to see an incorpeal guy with a bag of holding filled with slimes pull the bag inside out.

Heliomance
2008-12-27, 06:38 AM
What's this dinky small-time green-slime-in-vials business? Just use slime wave from Defenders of the Faith. The spell that broke 3.0 druids even worse. (Yes, it was possible.)

It's a 7th level spell, wheras if you find some green slime you can do this from level 1. Also, slime wave is a reflex save, not a ranged touch attack.