PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Druid

Bassikpoet
2008-12-27, 12:15 AM
I'm planning on building a shifter druid using the racial substitution levels from RoE. I plan on going into Moonspeaker at level 9.

The fact is that while I know that Wildshape is great, I plan on using the racial sub levels that replace wildshape with increases in size when dealing with my shifting natural weapon.

Of the natural attack shifting traits, which is the best? Furthermore, what are good shifting feats to take?

wadledo
2008-12-27, 10:27 AM
2 things:

1. Isn't Moonspeaker 13 levels long?:smallconfused:
Because it's better taking it full.

2. Beast Spirit, Good
Reckless Nature, Alright
Wild Shifting, :smallyuk:

Not even acounting for the fact that it replaces wild shape, it isn't worth it.

Of the Sifter races, Dreamsight then Longtooth are the best, so you'd probably want to go with Longtooth.

Feats: Longtooth Elite, Improved Natural Attack, Great Bite, Shifter Defense, Anything else you like, because they are all not horrible, and hey, you're a druid.

jcsw
2008-12-27, 01:42 PM
2 things:

1. Isn't Moonspeaker 13 levels long?:smallconfused:
Because it's better taking it full.

2. Beast Spirit, Good
Reckless Nature, Alright
Wild Shifting, :smallyuk:

Not even acounting for the fact that it replaces wild shape, it isn't worth it.

Of the Sifter races, Dreamsight then Longtooth are the best, so you'd probably want to go with Longtooth.

Feats: Longtooth Elite, Improved Natural Attack, Great Bite, Shifter Defense, Anything else you like, because they are all not horrible, and hey, you're a druid.

Moonspeaker is 12 levels long, and can't be entered earlier than 9.

Adumbration
2008-12-27, 02:04 PM
Moonspeaker is 12 levels long, and can't be entered earlier than 9.

Yes, it can. The biggest requirement is Knowledge (nature) 11 ranks, which you can get at level 8. (11-3=8)

Bassikpoet
2008-12-27, 05:52 PM
Yes, it can. The biggest requirement is Knowledge (nature) 11 ranks, which you can get at level 8. (11-3=8)

Thus you need 8 levels before you can enter the PrC. Therefore, you can't enter Moonspeaker before lvl 9.

Adumbration
2008-12-28, 11:38 AM
Thus you need 8 levels before you can enter the PrC. Therefore, you can't enter Moonspeaker before lvl 9.

Ah, I just thought that jcsw implied that you first needed 9 levels in a different class, and thus couldn't get the PrC in full before epic levels. A minor misunderstanding on my part.

EDIT: My suggestion would be Longstrider. The bonus to a stat isn't that important, but if you're going with Wildshape, +20 foot to your speed counts a lot. Don't forget to take Longstrider Elite feat!