PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Scruffy...belkar's tool or belkars friend?

Vaarsuvius4181
2008-12-27, 08:46 AM
Does Belkar genuinely like mr scruffy? It seems so, as it distracts enemies, allowing him to kill more stuff. I dont think belkar would so easily dispose of him.

Tholok Razescar
2008-12-27, 09:19 AM
They're partners, stonecold killers, cutting a swath through a world of squishy targets.

halo_monger
2008-12-27, 09:56 AM
I think Belkar truely likes Mr. Scruffy, but maybe not as much as he lets people see. Maybe he's trying to use Mr.Scruffy the same way Shojo did. He probably figured, "Hey, he tricked a bunch of paladins with him, I wonder what I could do?"...Just sayin...

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-27, 10:00 AM
And thus we conclude, in terms of awesome and in terms of Mr. Scruffy, Belkar is the new Shojo!:smalltongue:

halo_monger
2008-12-27, 10:10 AM
And thus we conclude, in terms of awesome and in terms of Mr. Scruffy, Belkar is the new Shojo!:smalltongue:

Man o man, I could just see him with that mustache thing! HA!

An Enemy Spy
2008-12-27, 10:42 AM
Man o man, I could just see him with that mustache thing! HA!

You already have! Remember when he dressed up like Shojo?

ericgrau
2008-12-27, 11:59 AM
Tool? Friend? What's the difference to Belkar? FWIW, Belkar probably thinks the cat is flippin' awesome. That's as close to friend as you can get with him.

JaxGaret
2008-12-27, 12:21 PM
Belkar and friend do not belong in the same sentence.

Reasonably loyal ally (for the moment) is as close to "friend" as Belkar gets.

David Argall
2008-12-27, 12:44 PM
Mr. Scruffy is not Belkar's tool or friend. Belkar is Mr. Scruffy's tool.

Niley
2008-12-27, 02:38 PM
Neither tool nor friend. I would call Mr Scruffy... Belkar's slaughter partner. :smallbiggrin:

Eloel
2008-12-27, 03:13 PM

You sir, win the thread.

Castamir
2008-12-27, 03:39 PM
Tool? Friend? What's the difference to Belkar? FWIW, Belkar probably thinks the cat is flippin' awesome.

Please, there's already too much redundancy. There's no need to say "awesome" once you said it's a cat.

halo_monger
2008-12-27, 03:48 PM
You already have! Remember when he dressed up like Shojo?

O ya! I forgot about that...no wonder my recollection of him with the mustache was so detailed...

T-O-E
2008-12-27, 04:26 PM
Belkar is keeping Mr. Scruffy (aka the manifestation of pure evil) in line.

Zordrath
2008-12-27, 06:01 PM
Well, taking all evidence into consideration... I think we can safely assume that Belkar lusts after both Mr Scruffy and Shojo :smalleek:

Vaarsuvius4181
2008-12-29, 09:55 AM
Tool? Friend? What's the difference to Belkar? FWIW, Belkar probably thinks the cat is flippin' awesome. That's as close to friend as you can get with him.

Ah, but theres a diferrence. You see, the fireball head thing was only belkars TOOL wheras i cant help but notice a strange connection to mr scruffy. Im saying if the cat was in danger, belkar would do anything to stop it from getting hurt.

Mr. Mud
2008-12-29, 10:03 AM
Possibly Animal Companion? Bound by compassion and magiczorz? He's still a ranger you know. ... Hell who am I kidding, he's Belkar's 3rd +5 Masterwork Dagger :smallamused:.

moxproxy
2008-12-29, 10:17 AM
Definitely animal companion!

Which could add fuel to the "How will Belkar die?"-threads. If my memory serves me right, you lose a chunk of hit points if your animal companion dies, don't you? (yeah, like anyone ever remembers anything about animal companions.)

Mr. Scruffy is simply five layers of awesome, with a sprinkling of epic! A suitable fit for Mr. New-Belkar, in other words. :smallamused:

Underground
2008-12-29, 10:35 AM
Well, "Mr Scruffy" is obviously Belkars animal companion now.

I guess that counts as "friend" or at least "ally".

Zevox
2008-12-29, 12:12 PM
If my memory serves me right, you lose a chunk of hit points if your animal companion dies, don't you?
...no, no you don't. I don't even know where you would have gotten that idea. The closest thing I can think of to it is that Wizards and Sorcerers might lose xp if their familiar dies or is dismissed ("might" because they get a save to avoid it).

Zevox

Rotipher
2008-12-29, 12:20 PM
Well, "Mr Scruffy" is obviously Belkars animal companion now.

Not necessarily. Let's wait and see if Bozzok steals Haley's trick, and pastes the cat to keep himself from being flanked, before we assume Mr. Scruffy is now a full-fledged party member.

moxproxy
2008-12-29, 12:55 PM
...no, no you don't. I don't even know where you would have gotten that idea. The closest thing I can think of to it is that Wizards and Sorcerers might lose xp if their familiar dies or is dismissed ("might" because they get a save to avoid it).

Zevox

You appear to be absolutely correct, sir. In my current state of sleep deprivation, I seem to have forgotten which rules I couldn't quite remember. I stand properly corrected, and slightly relieved.. :) I thank you.

Now, what do the rules say about having a cat for an animal companion? I couldn't find cats on any companion-lists I've got. House ruled in?

Linkavitch
2008-12-29, 02:34 PM
I think Belkar likes him, but also finds many good uses for him. Why wouldn't he want too keep him around?

Toxic Avenger
2008-12-29, 02:37 PM
They're partners, stonecold killers, cutting a swath through a world of squishy targets.This was my initial thought as well, until I saw this...

You sir, win the thread.Yep. I second that.