PDA

View Full Version : [4e] Gestalt?

Lost_Avatar
2008-12-28, 04:38 AM
Here is my question, Has there been rules set for 4e Gestalt yet, and if not any idea what it will look like, and the better class combos.

BardicDuelist
2008-12-28, 05:08 AM
Here is my question, Has there been rules set for 4e Gestalt yet, and if not any idea what it will look like, and the better class combos.

Honestly, it seems rather pointless.

The only way that I can see it being done is: Take the best HP, Highest Number of Skills (but may choose from either list), and Gain All of the Save Bonuses and Proficiencies.

Gain Class Features from both classes.

Choose two At-Wills (may choose from either class, humans may choose three)

At each level that you would normally gain an attack power, choose one from each class. The number of powers you may use (i.e. two encounter powers at 3rd level) does not change, but you may choose to use a power from either class.

Choose ONE utility power, from either class, when you level up.

NO multiclassing.

Characters with spellbooks (wizards and possibly swordsages) gain the bonus powers normally, but only if they choose a power from that class.

Or something like that with a bit better wording.

Mercenary Pen
2008-12-28, 11:42 AM
Characters with spellbooks (wizards and possibly swordsages) gain the bonus powers normally, but only if they choose a power from that class.

I think you meant Swordmages, not Swordsages...

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-12-28, 11:46 AM
Stuff.

Alternatively, since Gestalt is all about having more power, more options, and more of everything...

Pick two classes.

Take the best HP, Highest Number of Skills (but may choose from either list), and Gain All of the Save Bonuses and Proficiencies.

Gain Class Features from both classes.

Choose three At-Wills (may choose from either class, humans may choose four)

At each level that you would normally gain an attack power, choose one from each class. This effectively gives you twice the usual number of powers (i.e. 2 encounter powers and 2 daily powers at 1st level, 1 of each from each class)

Choose 2 utility powers, one from each class, when you level up.

NO multiclassing.

Characters with spellbooks (wizards and possibly swordsages) gain the bonus powers normally.

When you reach paragon level, pick two Paragon Classes. Continue to gain Class abilities, encounter powers, utility powers, and daily powers from both classes and both Paragon Classes as usual.

When you reach epic level, pick one Epic Destiny. Continue to gain encounter and daily powers form both classes as usual.

Note: You may need to give certain multiclass combinations extra ability points, so they can actually compete with their strange multiclass combination, since 4e is played on such a tight balance.

KKL
2008-12-28, 11:59 AM
The Gestalt my group has been using (Although Gestalt in 4e is just hilarious):

Take better HP. Take better surges. Share skill pool, pick higher trained skills from both lists. Share armor prof, weapon prof, implements if any. Class defense takes higher (ie: Cleric//Paladin gets +1 to Ref/Fort and +2 to Will). Both class features stack, each side can multiclass but not into the other or their derivitive builds. Each side takes a Paragon Path, and both sides share an Epic Destiny.

About Powers, they're normal. 2 At-Wills, you can choose from both your classes, each level you can get powers you can choose what side you take them from (Hello Paladin with Healing Strike). You choose only one Paragon Path's Power when you get there, but share both class' utility powers.

Feats are as is. And I believe that's all.