PDA

View Full Version : Taverna Generica 5: Where Smoke Twirls, And Beer Swirls

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:51 AM
Taverna Generica
TAVERNA: Teh Acronym's Victoriously Extraordinary Realm of Nice Alcohol Yes, The is not normally included. Hence, "teh"
or
PUB: Place of Uberous Bavardage Credit for that to Blue Umbrella for that particular Acronym

Reasoning for this thread: Townies complained that ACRONYM players and characters were intruding, destroying their plots, and generally making a nuisance of themselves. This thread (and perhaps others that may follow in its vain) are by no means trying to replace town, but are trying to offer ACRONYM players the chance to show their characters off in a non-ACRONYM base environment. In the same way, we are in no way saying that because this thread is here, it will stop ACRONYM players from using the Town. We also remind Townies that we are not saying you cannot post here. Yet, we dissuade you from doing so.

Before you stands a stout, heavy building, constructed from dark, grey stones, with crossbeams latticing neatly across the foundation, up to the heavy wooden, and thatched, roof above. An inn sign hangs outside, eroded by age, the image undecipherable, the name withered: TAVERNA GENERICA.
On the front door, someone, most likely eons ago, has inscribed the same words, and the words Townies, Keep Out! Someone has also hung a sign, offering ACRONYMers work in the bar, permanently.
The tavern is in walking distance from any Acronym organisation. This, I stress most heavily, is not to be abused so you can run amok. It is so characters with no teleport capabilities can come to the inn. Yes, it makes no sense, considering that the organisations are miles apart, in some cases, even further. It just is.

Inside, there is a large bar area, capable of seating at least one hundred people, with tables, big and heavy, and dark red leather chairs, aged yet comfy, littered about in a disorganised style. Old, oil paintings, of landscapes and battles, are hung randomly about the place, and a roaring fire constantly blazes to one side, nicely illuminating the baby grand piano. Behind the bar, an assortment of NPCs man the bar, all middle-aged, pot-bellied men, with bad body odour, and too much stubble. The occasional good-time girl (legal), and, recently, boy (legal) (working as a bar wench/manwench) also serves as a bar(wo)man at times. And, still further behind them, are the drinks, many hundreds of thousands of them, ranging from the mundane, to the mystic. From the bar, one can also buy typical bar foodstuffs, like pork scratchings, and dragon-flavoured nuts and kettle chips. One can also order proper food, in dizzying variety, from the kitchen. By the bar, a sign reads "No Wanton Telepathy, Please.". The only regular barmaid/hostess/front-of-house is Yasmin Lewis (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5425975&postcount=75).
Behind the bar is a large kitchen area, designed to cater for large functions, staffed by unnamed NPC slaves and servants. The technology in the kitchen has been imported from another dimension, there are incinerators, ovens, microwaves, and fridges, unlike the typical level of tech in this dimensional quadrant.

Beneath the kitchen and bar area, accessible through a hidden staircase, lies the gigantic, mysterious wine cellar, filled with ancient drinks, and age-old graffiti, filled with dust, and the occasional pair (or more) making hot nookie beside the bottles, barrels, fine clarets, vintage burgundies, and other fine wines...
Above the bar and kitchen, for three floors, lie rooms, varying in taste and decor, available as homes, and as places to stay the night. There are NPC cleaners who circulate among the rooms every few days or so, to clean up after the notoriously dirty out-of-dimension ACRONYMers.
There's a small stables outside, where horses, ponies, and smaller mounts can be stored, and the NPC stableboys are perfectly capable of sending larger mounts and vehicles to other, larger, holding places off-site, when required to. There is an NPC heavy warhorse stored there, by the name of Cookie, created by Kaela, who can be rented for dramatic entrances, and the like.

The only spells on the inn are ones that prevent alcohol from being watered down, and another that stops the entire inn being destroyed. Portals, and teleports, are perfectly allowed within, though frowned upon if they appear in places where they're not wanted.

IC Rules are as follows:
1. No listening to unhappy songs during happy hour!
2. No killing the staff.
3. No vandalism.
4. No thieving!
5. Not so much a rule, but we'd like to remind customers that we retain the right to refuse and kill customers, and no responsibility can be taken on our part if you're evicted, injured, or killed, by Taverna employees.
Breaking of the rules may earn ACRONYMers banning from the tavern, or a fine. Or, in certain cases, other ACRONYMers, or NPC policemen and bounty hunters, may be employed to hunt down the nasty, nasty people who broked the rules.

OOC Rules are as follows:
1. No controlling the NPCs to do anything that would be considered unlike them to do. You're permitted to make them serve your character(s) a drink, but no, let's say, make them get drunk and burn the place down. Of course, you could always make it clear your character is mind-controlling them into doing such as thing, for example, but you cannot make them do anything out of the ordinary, and make it seem as if they were doing it out of their own free will.
2. No destroying the place. You're allowed to damage it, but destroying it just takes the fun out of it for all the other players.
3. No godmoding. Even if it's permitted in some ACRONYMs, it isn't in others, and therefore shall not be allowed in the taverna.
4. Players are allowed to make NPCs speak in whatever tone, colour, and font they so choose. If I, the thread runner, am not online, NPCs can be played by anyone.
Repeated rule violaters (in nearly all circumstances OOC, but perhaps IC), can be punished by being IC banned from the thread. And therefore OOC banned to, under threat of mod being called to remove you for breaking thread rules.
Any other rules can be submitted by PM, and can be considered. Please bear in mind that the rules of this thread may update. Alerts that updates have been made will be made clear on the rest of the thread.

celtois
2008-12-28, 06:51 AM
*Xavier is here sitting at the bar looking worried about Zoe.*

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:54 AM
Yasmin, looking busy now that a whole troupe of drunken halflings have wandered in to sniff the new thread smell, wanders past Xavier, handing him a menu, as she goes to shoo them out, brushing one hand through her lustrous hair, humming.

celtois
2008-12-28, 06:56 AM
Xavier flips through the menu in a bored sort of way. Hmm. Maybe I should get something to eat. Well at least a drink.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:58 AM
Oh, no kidding. Jeez, you sit here, filling out seats, and all you do is annoy customers. Buying something is the least you can do. Yasmin says, narked, as she closes the door on a little halfling, who, outside, passes out in the snow, where he's promptly eaten by a dire wolf. She walks towards the bar, and, serving an elf a glass of icewine, taps her foot at Xavier.

celtois
2008-12-28, 07:00 AM
I suppose. What would you suggest I get? :smallamused: Xavier looks rather amused by her blunt statements.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 07:01 AM
I suggest you buy something bloody expensive, to pay for all the time you've wasted in here. 'Kay, sweetcheeks? And don't pull so curvey smile at me, I don't go for guys who enjoy supervillain heiny. Pulling a face, disgusted at him, she lets an NPC barmaid take over, whilst she slips behind the bar, to get away from him. :smallyuk:

((deadtime))

celtois
2008-12-28, 07:04 AM
I don't go for girls so you don't have to worry about it *Xavier laughs.Then orders an expensive drink and meal. Figuring it is probably best not to be on her bad side. (Not really sure what nor do I want to think of what.)

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 09:00 AM
Xavier's served by a barmaid, who hands him a platter of steak, fried egg, salad and chips, a bill pinned to the side, along with a bottle of champagne.

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:05 AM
Here you go. Xavier pays the bill. He sighs then he starts to eat and drink. Xavier looks very tired mentally but not physically.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 09:06 AM
What's wrong with you? The barmaid NPC asks, as she tings the money into the cash register, having learnt how do to it with such finesse after having watched Yasmin.

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:08 AM
Oh. Does it show? Xavier smiles. Not having answered the question.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 09:09 AM
Obviously. Normally, the/a barmaid would jump on the fact that he didn't answer the question, but she's only an NPC, and's seen how stressful PC work can be. So, she smiles at Xavier with his indistinct description, and slithers away.

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:11 AM
Xavier smiles. People these days. :smallbiggrin: He goes back to eating his food. Haven't seen Alek in a while. Which is probably a good thing. He did try and kill me last time after all.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 09:40 AM
The Third drifts out of deadtime, now looking quite different. He still has the same pale skin, but his outfit has changed completely. He's wearing a pair of shoes and socks, the kind bought "thoughtfully" by someone who can't think of a decent present, an ugly pair of blue jeans with orange stripes that are at least one size too small, and one of those awful, itchy wooly jumpers that your grandmother insists on knitting each year. The sleeves have been turned up quite a bit, they were obviosuly much too young. The Third frowns and sips his drink, which appears to have been left alone while he was in deadtime, shuddering as he does so.

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:43 AM
Xavier nods at the newcomer. But remains silent ignoring him otherwise, for now.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 09:46 AM
And then the front of Xavier's menu shifts. I'm sure you know how it's done.

What do you think of Alek?

Kiara orders another drink. This is what, her eleventy billionth?

Gnrlshrimp
The Third nods back and takes a watch, with some difficulty out of a pocket in the wooly jumper. said watch had almost certainly got caught on the various loose strands of wool within the pocket. "Ah, good...um...day?" He says, tapping his watch in an attempt to get it working again.

The watch is of course working, but it seems to be showing various times at once. Ah, timezones, what a pain they are.

Kaelaroth
Kiara's served a bacardi and coke by Yasmin, bill attached.

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:48 AM
I suppose if you say so it is. *Xavier turns to the new voice.*I'm...I'm not sure. Why do you ask?

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 09:50 AM
((There is no voice, just words on the front of the menu.))

There are people trying to kill him, and I need all the allies I can get.

Drinky, Drinky went the Assassin so Shmexy.

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:52 AM
From the sound if it your working with him. Is that correct?

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 09:54 AM
I work for myself. But Alek is powerful, and of benefit to many people. But I asked you first. Do you love Alek, despite his repeated attempts to kill you, or do you stand by him, and benefit from his power.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 09:55 AM
"I do not...mean that it is definitely a good...day. I was just...trying to use a friendly greeting...but my watch does not seem...to be working." The Third says, politely, even as he slowly lets his aura of hatred loose. Let's see how Xavier reacts to this...

celtois
2008-12-28, 09:56 AM
I..I'm not sure.. I just know I'm not trying to kill him The look on Xaviers face states that he hates being unsure.

Edit:
Xavier will attempt to ignore the Aura as he doesn't need to get in trouble. Yasmin already hates him. I suppose.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 09:59 AM
Xavier can ignore it quite easily right now. It's meant to be nothing more than an irritating little feeling, nothing more than a slight disliking of The Third.

The Third dismisses his aura once more when Xavier shrugs off its effect. He takes out a small screwdriver and starts trying to open up his watch in an attempt to figure out what exactly is wrong with it.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:23 AM
I..I'm not sure.. I just know I'm not trying to kill him The look on Xaviers face states that he hates being unsure.

Edit:
Xavier will attempt to ignore the Aura as he doesn't need to get in trouble. Yasmin already hates him. I suppose.

Repost for reposts sake

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 10:25 AM
So you would stand by and watch, as all the conflict goes on around you? A life without purpose ends up a rather short life.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:27 AM
Now how am I supposed to do anything? I have had no luck fighting his enemies. They just kill me. Nor do I know where to find him. :smallsigh:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 10:31 AM
But what side are you on? Do you wish to destroy Alek's enemies, or destroy Alek. Or perhaps you want to destroy everyone. There is nothing to be gained from pacifism, but stagnation and death, as you find yourself dragged, unprepared, into the fight which you had so zealously shunned.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:33 AM
I suppose I'm on Aleks side. That seems the more interesting side to be on anyways. I've not been getting involved too much in this conflict but I do fight.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:34 AM
Upon hearing "I'm on Alek's side" Not-DC vanishes from his table.

Uh-oh. You made him mad.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 10:36 AM
((deadtime))

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:37 AM
Xavier shrugs and goes back to eating. Well so much for not getting pulled into this conflict. Well at least it won't be boring.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:39 AM
Not-DC appears behind Xavier. He taps him on the shoulder.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:40 AM
Xavier finishes his mouthful of food. Yes? Another dinner caller? Can I help you?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:41 AM
Not-DC tries to grab Xavier by the throat.

Gnrlshrimp
The Third turns to watch Xavier and Not-DC. His watch appeared to be in perfect condition, so perhaps a bit of entertainment will distract him from it.

celtois
Xavier is grabbed by the throat. What do you hope to accomplish by this?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:43 AM
You've picked the wrong side.

Not-DC tries to throw Xavier to the floor.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:44 AM
That's great. What makes you think, that I care what you think? Xavier pulls his dagger out of his sheath.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:46 AM
Nothing at all. But by the time I'm done with you, you'll wish you could die.

Not-DC points a sword hilt with no blade at Xavier.

Care to reconsider?

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-28, 10:46 AM
The menu shifts, to form one last message.

In war, people find themselves, or they find themselves... lacking.

((Deadtime fo realz.))

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:48 AM
Xavier glances at the menu. Oh that's interesting. No not really . I do know what that does. So I will move if you try and activate it on me. Xavier points his dagger at the watcher.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:49 AM
Observant.

Not-DC goes incorporeal, then vanishes.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:51 AM
(Vanishes as in invisible or vanish as in leaves?)
If the watcher is gone gone. Xavier will go back to eating.
If he is just invisible Xavier will continue to point his dagger at him.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:51 AM
He is both incorporeal and invisible.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:53 AM
Then Xavier can in fact see him or should be able too. After his last encounter with not-dc he has got himself a ghost touch dagger.

He keeps pointing his dagger at the watcher. Are you just going to stay like that? If so can I go back to my meal?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:54 AM
Not-DC reappears, still incorporeal.

Huh.

Not-DC sinks down into the floor, vanishing from view.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:55 AM
Good stuff.
Xavier goes back to eating his dinner and drinking Champagne.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 10:57 AM
Not-DC reappears behind Xavier, but doesn't give him any warning this time, and slashes at his neck with an activated flame sword. It won't cut, just burn.

celtois
2008-12-28, 10:59 AM
Now that is very rude.
The flesh repairs itself as it gets burned. Xavier turns around with his dagger in hand. Very..very rude.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:00 AM
Then maybe you shouldn't have sided with someone I want dead.

Not-DC starts slashing wildly at Xavier with the flame sword, aiming not to kill, since that's impossible, but instead, inflict pain.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:02 AM
Maybe. Well Oww you going to stop soon?
Xavier tries to parry the flame sword. Failing that he tries to stab Not-dc With a ghost touch knife.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:04 AM
The flame sword is made of fire, and thus not parry-able. Not-DC is stabbed, but it doesn't seem to do much, considering he is wearing futuristic-looking armor. It is rather light, though, so the knife goes through, but the hole in the armor starts to repair itself.

Not-DC keeps slashing at Xavier.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:06 AM
I can keep stabbing you. You can keep stabbing me and we will get nowhere. So how about you just leave me alone until one of us can do something.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:17 AM
You are to kill Alek the next time you see him. Understood?

He sounds quite threatening.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 11:17 AM
The mediator comes out of deadtime, and while she is staring at the opposite wall, Xavier and TheGuyWhoIsALotLikeDCButActuallyIsn'tDC can feel her attention lingering on them. It's becoming more and more apparent that she doesn't watch things with her eyes.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:21 AM
Umm. No. You don't seem to understand you are no threat to me. Just a mere annoyance. That and I happen to be on Aleks' side.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:26 AM
And you're no threat to me. Now, if you don't want to be under constant attack whenever you're here, then I suggest you rethink that.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:27 AM
If I where you I'd be more worried about other patrons helping me. They seem to object to random attacks. Xavier goes back to eating dinner.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 11:30 AM
"Face it, stranger. Your threats are useless against this one. You could sooner draw water from a stone than succeed with threats against him."
The mediator says, her head pointed down towards her table.
"Continued posturing makes you look like a fool. If you are intent on getting what you want, I suggest you find another method."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:31 AM
If I where you I'd be more worried about other patrons helping me. They seem to object to random attacks. Xavier goes back to eating dinner.

Bah.

Not-DC tries to slam Xavier's head into his food.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 11:31 AM
The Third looks at the mediator and nods thoughtfully. "I fear you words are...wasted on him. He seems very...determined."

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:33 AM
Xavier's head is slammed into his steak. Now that was just rude. Xavier tries to go back to eating. You should listen to her. Xaiver gestures to the mediator. She sounds like she has some grey matter.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:34 AM
He tries to slam Xavier's head into his food again.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:35 AM
*Xavier is slammed into his food again. He stands up.* Will you please cease this. Go find Alek to try and beat up.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:37 AM
You are to kill him the next time he shows up. Then I'll leave you alone.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 11:39 AM
Loud laughter errupts from the other side of the Taverna. Haha! That's a good one! Most people would recognize the voice as Nomlas', he appears to be sitting at a table, alone. The fact that you two reckon you stand a snowball's chance against Alek makes me giddy. Heh.

celtois
You know I'm not going to do that. So you can stop asking :smallannoyed: I don't plan to go against Alek..

AmberVael
"Determined has implications of quality. I would say stubborn and pathetic, like a fly against glass."
The mediator says, her voice dripping with condescension.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:40 AM
Not-DC tries to grab Xavier. If successful, he'll hurl him at Nomlas.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:41 AM
Xavier moves out of the way of being grabbed. How about you don't touch me.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:43 AM
Go back to not being involved in this fight, then, and I'll leave you alone.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 11:43 AM
"Or like a moth to a flame, doomed...to fail from the...start." The Third mutters as he lets his aura of hatred extend over Not-DC and Xavier. Perhaps he can make them really lose their tempers.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 11:44 AM
Nomlas wanders over towards the two, smugly brushing a hand back through his golden hair as he does. Now listen, boys, I don't like Alek anymore than you do, and i'm his freakin' teammate. He pauses and smirks slightly. Maybe you should just like the psychic to somebody who knows what he's doing, me, specifically.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 11:44 AM
Cue a cute li'l appearance, as Alek, he, the crazed, looking pretty darned fine in jeans and a T-Shirt, smelling of Eau Savage (that's Dior, darlings), strides into the taverna, yawning.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:45 AM
Actually I'm not really after a fight. He just want to me fight Alek which is not going to happen.

Edit Oh hey Alek.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 11:46 AM
"...hm. This may swiftly become more interesting."
The mediator sits up and turns her face towards Alek and the others.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 11:47 AM
Well, just listen to what I said. Nomlas looks over to Alek as he walks in, apparently not phased by it. Hey, Alek! He shouts and jogs over towards his boss. How's it hangin'?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:47 AM
Then you're not on anyone's side.

The aura of hatred is pretty much ignored as Not-DC sees Alek.

Not-DC approaches Alek.

I heard you've been giving another psychic around here a hard time. How about you stop?

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 11:49 AM
Xavier, sweety, shut up. A telepathic suggestion to start eating so much that his mouth is constantly full is thrown at Xavier as Alek walks up to the bar, and orders a drink, waving a hand in greeting at Nomlas, running the other through his short, dark hair. ''S goin' all right. How 'bout you? He nods to Not-DC, but doesn't reply.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 11:50 AM
"Indeed. What a shame that...they're so reluctant to really...explode...at each other." The Third mutters as a sort of vague reply to the mediator's comment.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:50 AM
Not-DC doesn't think Alek was being serious, there. No way he'd give up that easily.

Not-DC goes incorporeal and vanishes.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 11:51 AM
"Bluntness and violence isn't the only entertainment. I prefer a little more subtlety myself."
The mediator remarks to the Third.

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:52 AM
I wouldn't say I'm on nobodies sid- Xavier shuts up at the mental request, more then willing to do so. Not having a real reason to talk, Goes back to eating.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 11:53 AM
Yeah, yeah, i'm great. He nods quirkily a few times and takes a seat next to Alek. Listen, we seem to have a lot of enemies now-a-days, maybe it's time you devised a plan of defense or something?

celtois
2008-12-28, 11:55 AM
(I'm listening to phantom of the opera it is very fitting.)

*Xavier continues to eat looking around to see if there is anybody to talk to who isn't involved in this.*

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 11:55 AM
"The violence itself isn't entertaining. It's what it...leads to." The Third replies. "Would you like...a drink?" He asks the mediator.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 11:57 AM
Yeah, yeah, i'm great. He nods quirkily a few times and takes a seat next to Alek. Listen, we seem to have a lot of enemies now-a-days, maybe it's time you devised a plan of defense or something?

Well, sugah, I do have magical powers now. Have been working on some. Anyways, how've you been? Sorry to have not seen you lately, Furore and I have been working on a little assassination thingummy, and there's this freaky floating cloak thing that tried to attack LaRoth. Alek says, passing over a few coins, and being served a glass of House Red, sipping at it, elegant-like.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 11:58 AM
"Hmmm."
The mediator fixes her disembodied gaze on the Third, then waves a hand dismissively.
"I don't need anything."
She nods to Xavier as he looks around.
"If you prefer to stay on the sidelines, you're welcome to sit with me."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 11:59 AM
Not-DC appears behind Alek, flame sword activated in his hand, and tries to stab him with it. Of course, it's more of a stabbing motion with it considering there is no real blade with which to stab, but I digress.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 12:01 PM
"Fair...enough." The Third says as he orders another drink before turning to watch Not-DC again. He'd suspected that the "entertainment" wasn't quite over yet.

Kaelaroth
Alek is stabbed with the nasty flames, and falls to the ground, silent, the red wine spilling, a mite symbolically, across his chest, around the wound. His eyes are closed.

Almighty Salmon
It's alright, i've been keeping.. busy. Nomlas replies, as he orders a drink from the bar. I didn't know that you had 'magical powers' now, mind telling me about them? He doesn't seemed bothered by the attack from Not-DC at all, it's obvious to him that Alek will find a way to counter it.

EDIT: Or not!

Nomlas rushes down to where Alek fell and inspects him quickly. What the? You actually stabbed him?!

celtois
2008-12-28, 12:03 PM
Xavier looks in surprise then runs over to Alek. Not really believing he is dead.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:03 PM
Nomlas rushes down to where Alek fell and inspects him quickly. What the? You actually stabbed him?!

Yes, yes I did.

He's smiling, a bit creepily, actually.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:04 PM
Well, not so much. The illusion of fallen Alek fades, but the psychic's voice continues to talk, even though he's nowhere to be seen. Yeah, so I have, like, magic now. Tessa gave it to me. In fact, the wine isn't there anymore either. Or the barmaid who served him it. :smalleek:

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 12:05 PM
The mediator turns her head to look at where the body was, her body language conveying that she was slightly surprised, but mostly more interested now.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 12:06 PM
Nomlas smirks and looks around, trying to see where the voice is coming from. Heh. I didn't think it'd be that easy. His expression turns a little uneasy at the mention of Tessa giving Alek the magic, she's a little unpredictable in Nomlas' eyes.

celtois
2008-12-28, 12:06 PM
(Do tell next time as Xavier can see if something is an illusion. )
Xavier doesn't look very surprised and walks over to where the mediator is sitting.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 12:08 PM
"I'm glad to see someone here makes use of a bit of trickery."
Says the mediator, running a few fingers along the edge of her table.

Darkcomet
Not-DC's face turns from :smallamused: to :smallannoyed:.

He disappears, invisible and incorporeal once again.

Gnrlshrimp
"A very impressive...illusion." The Third says quietly.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:10 PM
((Sure))

Yeah, she's a bit unpredictable, eh? But the perks of it are nice. And, yeah, I'm an illusion, watching folks. As if I'd pay for wine. Heh. The voice pauses. Hey, did that guy just go incorporeal and invisible again? As if anyone'd actually fall for that. A little illusory hand appears, waving at the mediator, waving a flag that says DAMN RIGHT, BOVINE!

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:10 PM
Calublufiok returns, fully healed from his last encounter here at the tavern. This place has way too many fights and not enough Karaoke. Granted Cal doesn't care, it's just a fact. He heads over to Nomlas. "Hello Nomlas. How have you been?" Cordial as ever he is.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:11 PM
Speaking of which, a random NPC climbs up onto a table, and starts singing (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cGqroT1FZ5Y).

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 12:11 PM
Alek, maybe y- Suddenly, Nomlas is interrupted by Cal, and he spins around on his heel to face the demon. Oh! Hello, Cal. I've been okay.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:12 PM
Not-DC sees an opportunity, and appears behind Nomlas, putting the deactivated sword hilt to his head.

celtois
2008-12-28, 12:12 PM
Xavier wanders over to Not-dc and taps him on the shoulder. With his ghost touch knife.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 12:14 PM
The Third stares at the singing NPC and sighs. "I hate...that song." He mutters, considering throwing his drink at the NPC.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 12:14 PM
The mediator doesn't appear to see the illusion at first, but suddenly she frowns and turns her face towards it, pausing a moment before her expression relaxes.
"Bovine?"
She seems more curious than anything else.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:15 PM
Cal waves his hand and Nomlas should find himself pushed to the side out of the way of the sword. "That's not very nice." He'll say to Not-DC, before returning to Nomlas.

"I have something to assist you in the job."

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:15 PM
Oh, who's that smexy figure of smokin' evil? Alek asks Nomlas, referring to Cal. Yes, he's forgotten already. And, yes, he could easily be referring to one of the other powerful evil peeps in this club, but he's referring to Cal, a'right?

The NPC is hit, and knocked, screaming, off the table, hitting the floor with a resounding thump.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:16 PM
Not-DC scowls and vanishes. Mostly because I feel like playing DC now instead. Not-DC is gone.

DC looks at Nomlas and Calublufiok.

You know he wants to destroy the world, right?

He's talking to Nomlas specifically.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 12:17 PM
Oh, and what's that? Nomlas replies curiously to Cal, before looking to Alek. Wha? You just met him the oth- You know what? He's just a friend.

EDIT: What? He chuckles and looks to Not-DC. I think you're mistaken, Pal.

celtois
2008-12-28, 12:17 PM
Who wants to destroy the world?

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:19 PM
Alek teleports in, wearing the same outfit as before, uncomfortably close to Cal. Hey. Again. Yes, and this time he's corporeal.

And DC should find himself being teleported out this thread, by Alek himself.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:19 PM
Actually, this is DC.

That demon guy Nomlas is talking to.

Or at least, I'm assuming he's in demon form. If he's in lich form, replace "demon" with "lich". Same goes for goblin form.

And then he's teleported. :smallsigh:

celtois
2008-12-28, 12:21 PM
Spiffey. I'm rather bored I wonder if he needs help :smallbiggrin:

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 12:21 PM
The Third walks over to the fallen NPC and stares at it. "I can't...stand...your singing. I hate it. Next time...I might not be able to keep myself...under control." He then returns to his seat at the bar.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:22 PM
Cal rolls his eyes at DC. "Ignore him. He's just upset because I called him and Alek lovers and has been bugging me ever since."

Cal pulls out a vial of green liquid and hands it to Nomlas. "This is a vial used to prevent detection, specifically from divine sources. Once you find the target, get this in them. Ingestion works, but you can also pour it in a wound if need be. It's not poison so it won't harm them in any way. Could help keep unwanted company from showing up to bother you. Though I'm certain you're skilled enough to take on all comers, no need in making it harder than it needs be, right?"

To Alek. "Hello again. Staying alive I see."

Unless otherwise stated Cal is always in Demon form.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 12:22 PM
The mediator folds her hands and watches the group curiously.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:23 PM
DC's my lover? Alek asks, curious.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 12:24 PM
Right.. Nomlas takes the vial and carefully places it into one of his many pouches. DC was lying, right? You're not really trying to destroy the world, are you?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:25 PM
An illusory DC appears. This one is an illusion, and cannot be teleported.

To Alek: No, he is not.

To Nomlas: Yes, he is.

Then it disappears, extremely irritated.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:27 PM
Alek's a bit confused. Who's he to beleive? An illusion, or some scary guy sitting next to him who looks a bit familiar but he's pretty sure he hasn't met before, who isn't even aware of that being a fact? Well, isn't it obvious?
Man, I should buy DC some flowers, or something. :smalleek: What if he stops loving me?

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:27 PM
"As the illusion lies to you, no I'm not trying to destroy the world. That would be an exercise in pointlessness. Besides, isn't there an awful lot in the world to like?"

Cal turns to Alek. "Not that I'm aware of but it really gets to the little pschyo when he hears it."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:28 PM
"As the illusion said, no I'm not trying to destroy the world. That would be an exercise in pointlessness. Besides, isn't there an awful lot in the world to like?"

Cal turns to Alek. "Not that I'm aware of but it really gets to the little pschyo when he hears it."

It said you were trying to destroy the world.

EDIT: Gah, ninja edits.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 12:32 PM
Okay, I guess i'll take your word for it. Nomlas in confirmation to Cal, it's not like he'd trust Darkcomet anyway, not even over a demon.

celtois
2008-12-28, 12:34 PM
I suppose I'll deadtime here as Xavier has no real way to get involved in the conversation

Xavier walks into a low lying ceiling beam and is knocked out.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:37 PM
Heh. Cal wasn't lying. Well one of those half-truth things anyways. "Good. I'd hate to see your position compromised by an imbecile spouting falsehoods."

Cal turns to Alek. "You know what? I think he would absolutely love flowers from you."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:39 PM
Another illusory DC appears.

No, I wouldn't. Now shut up, you nihilist bastard.

And then it disappears again.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 12:39 PM
Oh, like, I should go right now. Love you, Nomlas, we'll chat later, 'kay? Alek, handing Nomlas a bag full of money, the real reason he came here in the frickin' first place, runs, fast as he can, out of the Taverna, muttering Will he like peonies? Over. And over. Again.

((deadtime))

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 12:41 PM
The mediator stands, her green robe swirling about her as she moves over towards Cal.

((And incidentally, I have an avi for her for those who didn't see an earlier description:))
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h107/sjunderw/GreenLady.png

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 12:41 PM
Er, yeah. See you later, Alek! Nomlas grabs the bag of money and waves to Cal. I had better go and see if Rabbit or Lex are around, then. See ya! With that, he leaves the Taverna.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:49 PM
Cal watches as Nomlas leaves and then waves his hand to prevent anymore illusions from appearing in the tavern for a little while he's inside. He turns as the new person approaches him.
http://plaza.ufl.edu/neoseph/avatar9a120a.png
"May I help you with something?"

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 12:50 PM
Tessa is in her normal place by the fire, where she is psionically notifying members of the posse that Alek Was Here. ((I leave it up to the various players whether they receive the message or not.))

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:50 PM
Oh, DC knows, and he would have done something, but he kinda got teleported out. :smallannoyed:

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 12:55 PM
"I was just curious."
The mediator sits down next to Cal.
"I don't see many of your kind."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 12:57 PM
"That would probably have something to do with those who much prefer to hunt our kind to extinction. Fortunately, the strongest survive. And you are?"

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 12:58 PM
DC would be appearing with a flash of light right now, but Calublufiok is there.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:00 PM
"Most know me as the Green Lady, though many prefer to call me Mediator."
She smiles faintly.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:01 PM
And if DC did, Cal would ignore him. Honestly. He won't do anything if no one attacks him or talks to him directly. It's just bad for business.

"A Mediator? You solve disputes? What's your preferred method? Verbal or other?" Cal gives her a warm smile back.

Honestly. It's a little creepy.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 01:03 PM
Tessa hears this:

I'll show up after you remove Calublufiok.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:05 PM
"I suppose you could say that...
"But to define it more obviously, I am an ambassador between this world and the realm of spirits. I keep both sides working well with one another."
The mediator doesn't seem turned creeped out by his smile at all.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 01:08 PM
I'm not your personal bouncer, Tessa replies to DC.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:09 PM
"Of course. We wouldn't want the dead to get restless would we?" Irony. If the Mediator has any special abilities to do so, she'd probably notice that Calublufiok is in fact an Undead Demon. He just usually prefers not to announce it.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:12 PM
"Wrong spirits."
The mediator says, raising a finger.
"Someone else can deal with the dead- that job would be far to dull for me. The spirit realm is a far different place."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:17 PM
"Oh? I can imagine some information from the spirits in the spirit realm could be useful, but I don't see what else would make it worth visiting or looking into."

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:19 PM
"What use is this world?"
The mediator stretches a hand out to Cal.
"I don't think you fully comprehend what I'm saying. Take my hand."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 01:19 PM
I'm not your personal bouncer, Tessa replies to DC.

I'm not showing up with him in there.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:22 PM
"Hmm. Very well Mediator. Let's see what you find so important." Calublufiok casts a spell so that his very touch won't injure her as it is naturally inclined to do, then takes her hand.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 01:23 PM
I'm not showing up with him in there.

As you wish. I was merely providing information, not issuing a summons.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:31 PM
Cal's sight will suddenly tinge green, and all around them, the world seems to... shift. The taverna now seems to be woven of trees, and pillars of ethereal stone wrap their way up to the ceiling like columns. Strange beings- translucent, all of them- walk through the taverna, most ignoring the material world Cal would be familiar with, but some watching and taking interest in the people there. But though these are the obvious changes, there are still more, details difficult to place, but that twist at his vision and understanding. Glowing lines seem to weave across the world at random, and all of his senses are somehow... warped. Sight is more than sight, and yet less trustworthy. What he hears is muted, but beautiful. He gets the sensation of floating...
And then the world goes back to normal as the mediator lets go of his hand.
"The spirit world is everywhere."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:35 PM
Cal looks somewhat impressed, though the psychotic ego-maniac has long since lost any appreciation he had for the beautiful. "Indeed. Spend a lot of time there, I presume?"

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 01:37 PM
Can you find his phylactery?

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:38 PM
"I'm caught between this world and that one. I constantly perceive both- so yes, I do."
The mediator says, placing her hands in front of her.

happyturtle
You might consider speaking to the Mediator about that.

Darkcomet
Hm? How is that?

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:41 PM
"Hmm? How did that come about? A curse, a spell gone wrong, or were you just born like that?"

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 01:43 PM
She is here to help people solve problems. She may be able to help you.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:43 PM
"Do you know that you seem a bit like a spirit to me?"
The mediator says, obviously changing the subject, and not caring.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:44 PM
"Hmph. Not surprised in the least. Let's say I'm somewhat like you. My soul is in a way caught between here and there."

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 01:46 PM
"That doesn't surprise me."
Says the mediator, her head facing her hands now.
"Though, there aren't many people like that."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 01:50 PM
"No there's not. Most people are too frightened of the change. But like I said before, the strongest survive. And the benefits have been rather innumerable."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 01:54 PM
I think it should wait until she stops talking to him.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 01:59 PM
That would be considered the courteous thing to do. DC might feel a touch of disapproval in her mental 'voice'. It never occurred to her that DC might interrupt the Mediator while she was having a conversation with someone else, no matter who the someone else was.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 02:00 PM
"Do you know what I saw once?"
Asks the mediator, flexing her fingers as she stares down at them.
"I live in a forest, and one day when I was walking through it, I saw ants. Not large, only about the length of a fingernail. They were taking pieces of something back to their hive. I followed their trail backwards, and I found a dead leopard which they were tearing apart, tiny piece by tiny piece. It had been killed by the ants, which had destroyed its eyes and paralyzed it with venoms."
Her fingers stop moving, and she smiles darkly.
"Sometimes the strongest are not those with the most power."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 02:04 PM
Cal scowls a bit. "It's a good thing I have my own little ant colony then, isn't it?" He then smirks. They always underestimated him. Always.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 02:07 PM
"Hmmm. Perhaps."
Says the mediator, surprisingly less supportive of the idea than one might expect her to be.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-28, 02:07 PM
Vespe wakes up, still sitting at the table where he was last night. He leans back in his chair and contemplates a Ring of Gender Changing, tossing it up in the air and idly playing with it (if anyone's watching him, they might notice he appears to turn female occasionally).

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 02:11 PM
DC's psychic presence shudders at Vespe's antics.

I'll wait, for now...

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 02:12 PM
"Hmph. Don't sound so surprised. People think I'm foolish enough to rely on entirely my own strength. And though I could crush anyone I put my mind to, I can't be everywhere at once. Put I'm sure your spirits can tell you all about that." Calublufiok stands up. "Good day Mediator. Enjoy your petty spirit world." He moves to another table, no longer interested in the Mediator as he sees no use for her as of now.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 02:16 PM
The mediator wasn't really surprised, but she doesn't see any need to correct his notion, so she remains quiet and lets him think what he will. She does note his rudeness, though rather than getting offended by it, she just marks it in her memory so as not to expect anything less later.
Always good to know what to expect from someone, after all. He's not the type she'd tell about a formal party, though his behavior might serve elsewhere.

Undisturbed, the mediator closes her eyes and meditates for a little.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 02:18 PM
Okay, I think Calublufiok put up something that blocks the illusions I use normally. Can you dispel it? Because I'm not showing up in person with him there.

AmberVael
2008-12-28, 02:22 PM
The mediator stands quietly and walks outside of the Taverna.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 02:23 PM
After Tessa's player speaks to Cal's player to avoid stinky godmodding, Tessa waves a hand and the ward falls.

You should just come in person. Calublufiok will not attack you unless you attack first.

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-28, 02:29 PM
The Third brushes off a light layer of deadtime caused by his player's total inability to set up a television correctly.

Anyway, The Third finishes off his drink, with some more shuddering, and leaves.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 02:32 PM
After Tessa's player speaks to Cal's player to avoid stinky godmodding, Tessa waves a hand and the ward falls.

You should just come in person. Calublufiok will not attack you unless you attack first.

Well, she's gone already.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 02:33 PM
Tessa doesn't reply. It was hardly her job to track the Mediator's location.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-28, 04:12 PM
Judy walks into the Taverna. She orders a Rum and Coke. Then heads to Tessa. You know where Alek is?

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 04:15 PM
"No. I saw him here earlier, but I don't know where he went." Tessa says.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-28, 04:25 PM
Vespe and Victoria appear next to Judy and Tessa. Hello.
Hello.
So, Judy, I think a bit of thanks for Victoria here is in order, don't you?

Lex-Kat
2008-12-28, 04:26 PM
I got your message. Evidently, I was too late in coming. She sits down. I never seem to be where i'm needed most. She takes a drink.

Of course. She goes to hug Victoria. I was going to thank you, but you two were gone when I came to. I owe you my life. And will repay my debt to you, as long as it's not something evil.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 04:27 PM
Nomlas, who was apparently in the Taverna, creeps up behind Tessa and attempts to tug on her arm. Heeeey, can I talk to you, please?

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 04:28 PM
"Of course," Tessa says to Nomlas.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 04:30 PM
If Tessa lets him, Nomlas will pull over over towards the fireplace, away from Judy, Vespe and Victoria. So, yeah, what the hell are you playing at? Giving Alek these 'powers'? It's pretty easy to see that he's not amused.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-28, 04:31 PM
Victoria hugs her back. Well, if you insist, I suppose you could-
Thank you, but no reward is necessary.
But-
Hush. We did it out of the kindness of our hearts.
She-
Victoria sighs. We will keep your offer in mind. Are you happy?
Yes.
We're just glad to see you and Mint together and happy again.
What she said.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-28, 04:33 PM
Judy smiles. You two are great. Have you ever thought of doing your own teevee show?

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-28, 04:37 PM
We did. I think. Did we?
There was that one time. Remember?
Oh yeah, the time I accidentally submitted that documentary script as fiction. It actually turned out pretty well, I think.
Quite.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 04:37 PM
If Tessa lets him, Nomlas will pull over over towards the fireplace, away from Judy, Vespe and Victoria. So, yeah, what the hell are you playing at? Giving Alek these 'powers'? It's pretty easy to see that he's not amused.

Tessa is drawn off, and seeing that Nomlas wants privacy, puts up a magical ward to prevent eavesdropping. "Those powers were the price he demanded to help us escape from Thorul. Had I refused, you and I would both be dead now."

Lex-Kat
2008-12-28, 04:40 PM
Judy finishes her drink. See you two later. I'm going back to GLoG. She teleprots away.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 04:43 PM
You have to be kidding me.. Nomlas replies, frowning at Tessa. Well, what sort of powers are they? Alek wouldn't tell me.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 04:54 PM
"It's mana, the source of magic in the multiverse. He can do anything any wizard can do that doesn't require discipline. He lacks the mental capacity for anything intricate." Tessa says.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 04:56 PM
Alright. So you can just take the mana stuff away from him, right? He smiles weakly, hoping that Tessa's response is a good one.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:19 PM
"Of course I can," Tessa says. Not that she intends to.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 05:25 PM
So, you'll do it then? Great! He pats Tessa on the side of the arm rather forcefully, it's almost more of a slap.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:28 PM
She winces a little with the arm slap. Silly wimpy wizards. "Do you really think he'd take that well?" Tessa asks, with a raised eyebrow.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 05:29 PM
HAH! Nomlas slaps her arm again. Tessy, he can't even remember who his enemies are and who he's in love with. I seriously don't even think he'd notice.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:35 PM
Tessa winces again. Probably going to end up with a bruise on that arm. She puts up a magic shield to prevent the next blow from landing. "I am monitoring the situation. I will remove the mana if it becomes necessary."

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 05:39 PM
Wait, what? Nomlas folds his arms and begins to glare at Tessa. If it becomes necessary? We're talking about a crazy, mad-man, super villain, psychic here! With these powers, he's even more of a danger to people!

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:42 PM
"Perhaps you should have thought of that before you returned him to life," Tessa says.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 05:43 PM
Tessa may or may not hear this. I don't know if the magic bubble thing would block it or not.

I'm going to destroy Calublufiok's phylactery. If I don't come back, then you'll know why.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 05:44 PM
Yeah, well.. Nomlas stutters a few times, it appears he can't really think up a comeback. Look, that's not the point. When I joined the Intergang, I didn't sign up for mindfracking little girls. Y'knowwhati'msayin'? It's gotten to the point where he needs to be stopped.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:48 PM
I hope you've made the appropriate preparations. she says to DC.

To Nomlas. "He was mindraping that child before he died, and I'm pretty sure you were aware of it."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 05:49 PM
Like what?

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 05:53 PM
Then you haven't made any. You just intend to teleport in with your ion cannon. Very well. I wish you a peaceful afterlife.

Chas the mage
A man appears in the middle of the taverna. he has bits of smoke or steam coming off of him, and is coughing. He has black hair, and blue eyes. It looks like he need to shave. He has a white Dress shirt, a balck tie, and a black suit. He has black pants, and black dress shoes. He looks like a typical business man.

Almighty Salmon
Actually, I didn't know much of the situation back then. I just thought he was making her run into walls and stuff, you know, funny things. Nomlas shrugs at Tessa. Why are you so reluctant to help, anyway? Are you fond of Alek or something?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 05:54 PM
Then you haven't made any. You just intend to teleport in with your ion cannon. Very well. I wish you a peaceful afterlife.

You're supposed to tell me what to do. I can't claim to know what's in there.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 05:55 PM
((Dude, who isn't fond of Alek? :smallwink:))

Yasmin offers a menu, and a sympathetic smile, to the new guy.

Chas the mage
2008-12-28, 05:57 PM
The man looks at the menu.
edit: the man then puts the menu on the nearest table, and walks out through the wall. not a hole in the wall, but through it.
((deadtime))

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 05:59 PM
... As said many times before, the Taverna sells everything. Evar.

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 06:03 PM
"I carried his soul next to mine. I felt the depths of his depravity. No, I'm not even a little bit fond of Alek. He's repulsive."

You're supposed to tell me what to do. I can't claim to know what's in there.

I told you to leave Calublufiok be and focus your efforts on Alek. Why would you listen to me?

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 06:04 PM
Because that's what he wants.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 06:06 PM
But, you won't aid me in stopping him? He raises an eyebrow and glares at her at the same time. Somehow. I don't get you, i've never gotten you. Why did you even help me or Alek in the first place? Is this some sort of game to you?

Chas the mage
2008-12-28, 06:07 PM
the man phases in again through the wall
((I don't know how long I'll be here...))

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 06:17 PM
"If that makes it easier for you to understand, then yes, it's a game. One with very high stakes, and the wrong move could cost everything."

Darkcomet, if you wish to behave foolishly, that is your choice, but you have to accept that foolishness has consequences.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 06:24 PM
Jeez, you're messed up! I'm glad I slapped your arm twice! Nomlas eventually gets tired of standing, so he takes a seat next to the fire. Well, i've always been good at games, this shouldn't be any different.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 06:26 PM
Ignoring Calublufiok is foolish. If he's ignored, he'll carry out his plans, and you know what that means.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 06:27 PM
Pure irony cause as of right now, Calublufiok appears to be sitting in the Tavern ignored.

Rebonack
2008-12-28, 06:28 PM
I awake with a start.

The visions are already fading. My dreams dissolving away like frost in the sun. I reach for them- try to hang on. But it's like grasping at the wind. I always try. Always. But I can never catch hold of them.

My life. It's there. There just beyond my reach. But I don't care. I'll keep trying. Keep chasing after them. Because it reminds me of what I was. What I am. Why I can't let go. Why I can't give in.

Laraek pulls himself free from the table after a bit of struggling. As usual he managed to get frozen to it while he was asleep. The icy undead peers about the tavern with his one eye, trying to quickly get a feel for what's going on. Thankfully there aren't any fights at the moment.

Peace?

Good. I like peace. Better than conflict. It makes me- uncomfortable. It riles up that thing locked away inside me. Makes it claw harder to escape. But I won't let it out. I can't. Because if I do- if I do then my friends will have died in vain. Because the monster we died to stop would just live on through me.

And I can't let that happen.

No. Never. I have to remember.

I push that aside.

Hitomi is still- frozen. By that people freezing stuff.

So I listen. To the pair near the fire. They're talking about- someone. Someone- bad? Could I help? Should I ask? I want to be- useful. It keeps my mind off the hunger.

It takes time, but I slowly build up the courage to speak. "Who is- Alek? I keep hearing that name."

happyturtle
2008-12-28, 06:33 PM
Ignoring Calublufiok is foolish. If he's ignored, he'll carry out his plans, and you know what that means.

I am not ignoring him, or the threat he poses. But if you go now, alone, you throw your life away for no purpose.

And with that, telepathic communication shuts down as Tessa goes into deadtime.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 06:35 PM
Calublufiok seems to fade and just disappear. Which is quite odd. Usually he just is there one second and gone the next. *shrug*

Reinholdt comes down the stairs, though.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:35 PM
This. Is. Alek. Cutey. :smallwink: A voice whispers, seductive, to Laraek, assuming he's able to hear massively powerful telepaths, just as six barmaids fall to the ground, clutching their heads, as blood pours out their eyes, and six barmanwenches start to dance, flailingly, sprawling about the room, shaking some moves.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 06:37 PM
Reinholdt hears this:

You are the most hypocritical being I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. You claim that you want no one to die before their time, but your plans would have an entire universe of people die before their time.

The mental connection then cuts off.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 06:38 PM
Nomlas curiously glances towards the stranger. Alek? Alek's a crazy bastard. You don't wanna get involved with him. Or anyone in this place for that matter. He shrugs and leans back in his chair. Welcome to hell, buddy.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-28, 06:38 PM
Victoria, sitting at a table in the corner, with a hood pulled over her eyes (mysterious!), tries to psychically shield the poor barmaids.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:39 PM
Oh, yeah. And this (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lJXJ5rzcHVQ&feature=channel) starts playing on the invisible jukebox. Seemingly, though Alek hates women, he has a fondness for the music of tween girl stars.

One of the barmaids is shielded long enough for her to hand in her resignation, and flee.

Mee
2008-12-28, 06:41 PM
Zoe is here, and is hiding somewhere behind the bar.
Unless that's where the chaos is, in that case . . .
She's just hiding somewhere.
Looking . . . still slightly upset.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:42 PM
Yasmin tries to pick up, and stroke Zoe, now that the dancers have groggily wandered back to their positions, and the barmaids seem to be recovering, as Alek relents.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 06:43 PM
Reinholdt would reply how he's the only one who has it right and that it's not hypocritical in the least, but he can't. So instead he heads over to Laraek. "Hello again. Manage to remember anything more?"

Rebonack
2008-12-28, 06:45 PM
Between being undead and being an abomination most forms of mental interaction fall flat when it comes to Laraek. So no, he doesn't get the message. Though-

Something is- poking at me. I quickly glance over my shoulder but- nothing. It's an odd nagging sort of feeling. One that I've felt before. It means- something. Something important. But- I don't know what.

I-

I freeze, one eye going wide. "There are- people. Bleeding on the floor. I-"

Did I do that? I've hurt people unintentionally before but never like this. So I drop down and stalk closer to one of the bleeding woman. "Is there- anyone here who can help them?" I ask, glancing around the room nervously. What's going on? I don't understand!

Then I start somewhat as I realize the others are speaking to me. "Remembered? No I- I never really remember anything more. It's there but I just can't-" I make a few grasping motions at the air. "Hold onto it. Why would- Alek hurt these people? They weren't- doing anything wrong, were they?"

((EDIT: Yay for missing posts >_>))

Kaelaroth
2008-12-28, 06:47 PM
The barmaids are now scattering, returning to their posts, or resigning, upset, most wiping blood from their orifices, forlorn. Damn that crazy telepath, ey?
((deadtime))

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 06:49 PM
Relax, pal. Nomlas says to the newcomer, although, he doesn't take the effort to move from his chair. That's Alek's work, stuff like that tends to happen a lot while he's alive. People are trying to put an end to it, they won't accomplish anything, unfortunately.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 06:56 PM
"Hmm. I'm sure you'll remember in time. And Alek is rather nasty it'd seem." Disguist crosses Reinholdt's face.

Rebonack
2008-12-28, 07:00 PM
I shake my head. Which gets that hair flopping around again. "But why? Why would he do that? They weren't a danger to anyone, where they?"

It just doesn't make any sense. If he could do such horrible things to people unopposed then why- what's the point of it all? A show of power? Ego? Insanity? It doesn't make any sense.

Some people just want to see the world burn.

And at that I freeze. The thing in the cage is talking. Talking and I have to ignore it, right? What is says is always horrible but- but that's just a simple statement, isn't it? Sometimes there's no reason for destruction. You just-

Let the Fimbulwinter come. Let the world freeze until naught but frozen ash remains.

"I'm not listening to you!" I yell at the thing in the cage. "I won't do what you want! You're dead now. Stay dead!"

And then I freeze. Freeze and glance about. "I-" I brush some hair out of my eyes and turn my gaze to the floor. "I'm just- talking to myself."

Mee
2008-12-28, 07:01 PM
((Sorry about that.))
Yeah, Zoe is picked up, and is pet.
She doesn't look too happy though, and one of her scales is bent.
One on her side, right over a rib..

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 07:05 PM
Reinholdt stares at Laraek with a bit of surprise, then hangs his head a little and nods in, of all things, understanding. With a hint of sadness.
"No trouble. No trouble at all."

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-28, 07:06 PM
Nomlas clenches his teeth and stares at the odd stranger, in a mix of curiousty and perhaps fear. Why would he do that? Because he's insane. But don't worry, you're a close second. He stands out of his chair and brushes past the stranger as he makes his way towards the exit. You'd be wise to stop asking questions about Alek, just a hint. And with that, he leaves.

Rebonack
2008-12-28, 07:13 PM
With a misty sigh and a thump I drop down to the floor, curling up tight. Why do things have to be so complicated? Why couldn't I have just died doing the right thing and ended up in Celestia like I was supposed to?

But instead I'm here.

Trapped in a corpse's shell.

I can't die or the Thing in the Cage will get free. I can't give in or the Thing in the Cage will get free. So I need to- persevere.

Is that what I am now? It's jailer?

It's silent again. Hopefully it will stay that way. I watch the other man stalk out of the tavern. I- think he may have insulted me. But that doesn't matter.

"There's a blizzard outside," I observe offhandedly. "It doesn't feel- natural."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 07:17 PM
"That's mostly because it isn't." Reinholdt looks back up, shaking his head a bit to return to normalcy. "Supposedly caused by Draken and his minions. He's a really old guy who wants to end everything. Don't much see a point in making a blizzard, though." Reinholdt shrugs.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 07:25 PM
There is a flash of light, but DC doesn't appear. Well, unless you can see the invisible, then DC is standing where the flash came from.

Rebonack
2008-12-28, 07:28 PM
"Draken?" I echo back. "I- think I know of him. Or- I met a creature that served him at least. A machine."

I turn my gaze back to the window again. "I- might be able to stop it. The weather- listens to me. I'm not sure why. It's easy to make it colder. It's hard to make it warmer but- I've managed before."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 07:31 PM
"Well I'd give it a day or two more. I hear there is group out there fighting the blizzard's source. I suppose you could always give it a go if it fails. Or help melt some of the snow once it ends. Seriously it's deep."
At this point it houses ought to be blocked in anyways. The tavern has done a good job of keeping the entrance pretty clear, though.

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 07:33 PM
DC appears, with no flash, at his usual table. He regards Reinholdt with a cold, contempt-filled expression.

Rebonack
2008-12-28, 07:45 PM
"I could try making it warm to melt the snow faster," I nod slowly, the sudden appearance of- someone else catching my eye. He looks- unfriendly. "Who's that? He just appeared a few moments before, but I couldn't see him with-"

I gesture at the glowing eye. "This one. But I could see him," I gesture at the empty socket. "With this one."

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 07:54 PM
"Hmm?" Reinholdt looks. "Oh. That's DarkComet. Steer clear of him if you can. He doesn't much like people. A little crooked in the head, too. Chances are he was invisible or attempting to block your mind with his psychic powers from seeing him."

Darkcomet
2008-12-28, 07:56 PM
Correction: I don't much like you.

It's very obvious that he's addressing Reinholdt.