PDA

View Full Version : Batman - Werewolf

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-28, 12:41 PM
A small werewolf game (hopefully 12 players) with secret roles.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-28, 01:00 PM
Batman? in.

*hopes he doesn't get ninja'd by 12 batman fangirls*

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-28, 01:04 PM
> In <

Fin
2008-12-28, 01:10 PM
In, with Cake!

*slips into the shadows and waits for Supagoof to mess up again*

*Bumps into Shadow*

Oops sorry man, my mistake...

Selrahc
2008-12-28, 01:53 PM
In.
*Opens up a wiki page on Batmans rogues gallery for inspiration*
Ah ha. That looks fun.
Look forward to mangled grammar, reversals of actual meaning, and all the skill of the worlds worst detective. I'm playing Batzarro.

Me think Fin should be Quinn. There names do not rhyme, and that is why it is a bad idea. Or do me mean good idea? Me am confused.

Noir_Cat
2008-12-28, 01:59 PM
I FOUND YOU, BATMAN!!!!

Count me in.

Do you have an idea for roles yet? Or would you like some help?

Hyozo
2008-12-28, 02:26 PM
I'm in. I think I might play as Alfred.

Reinholdt
2008-12-28, 03:55 PM
WW game? In!

*Awesome WW game setting added bonus*

Aether
2008-12-28, 04:11 PM
Sign me up.

Dr. Bath
2008-12-28, 05:37 PM
Me! Me! In in. Yes.

Duos
2008-12-28, 05:42 PM
In and breathing in space. Because I can.

GAThraawn
2008-12-28, 08:04 PM
I know I'm going to regret it, but...(flips coin). In.

(If that's not clear enough, I'll be playing Two-Face)

ThePhantom
2008-12-28, 08:51 PM
In, exactly on time.
clock king

PirateMonk
2008-12-28, 09:09 PM
In if there's still room, though there probably isn't.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-12-28, 10:26 PM
I call Mr. Freeze, hah-hah!

If there's room, of course.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-29, 12:46 AM
If there's room, I'd like to be in, Docta J
(Harley Quinn ftw)

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 01:11 AM
Since it seems that everyone is picking charatcers, I'd better grab Catwoman before someone else does.

MINE! :biggrin:

EDIT: Also...of course RHL would pick Harley Quinn.

Reinholdt
2008-12-29, 01:12 AM
And who foils comprehension and defies understanding with intricate questions?
The Riddler of course. And since he's not taken yet... *grabs*

Boo
2008-12-29, 03:59 AM
In for the hell of it.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-29, 04:16 AM
In, if there's any room left.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-29, 05:21 AM
Wow, 17 players.
Recruitment Closed.

Fin
2008-12-29, 06:02 AM
Since (miraculously) nobody has called it, I'll be the Joker!

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-29, 09:29 AM
No role PM quoting.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-29, 10:11 AM
The moon rose and the sun set. The normal people went to bed and slept. The people awake, killed and leapt. Something bad was going to come. As the people stole the rum. The people would soon try and kill. To survive, not just for thrill.

Day Begins

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 10:31 AM
Aether, for having so short of a sign-up post.:smalltongue:

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-29, 11:18 AM
dallas-dakota because mine is shorter!

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 01:51 PM
Dallas-dakota

A dark figure stands on a ledge of the giant clocktower, the face of the clock illuminated behind them. The shape is that of a humanoid with what appears to be a cat's ears and tail. Up close, a woman with a cat mask (hence the ears) and a trailing whip tied around her hip. She observes the city below, rather like, well, like a cat eyeing a bin of shiny things and wondering where to start.

She sees a large, blue fuzzy monster carrying a tin not unlike those commonly used for cookies, and also a gallon of milk. Puurrr~fect.

A jump down and crack of the whip is all that's needed. The cookie tin and milk gallon are caught neatly, and she is gone before anything can be done about it.

"Some milk, Ms. Kitty?"

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 01:55 PM
Dallas-dakota because Catwoman is stealing your cookies and eating them.
Aside that that is a silly reason, she doesn't. I share with her. ^^

Selrahc
2008-12-29, 02:08 PM
Fin said he am the Joker, and the Joker is a nice fellow, so me think we should give him presents.

GAThraawn
2008-12-29, 02:46 PM
Harvey Dent stands atop a Gotham roof, looking out at the dark and malignant city below.

"Something's coming. Again. I can feel the scum gathering, trying to tear my town apart. Again."

"Sounds like a party. It would be such a shame if we were to miss it."

A figure hurrying along the alley beneath him caught his attention.

"Who is that? One of the criminal scabs on Gotham's underbelly?"

"Or a poor innocent, only trying to get home before night falls?"

With a shrug, he reaches for his trusty coin and flips it. A scarred face stares back at him.

"Only one way to find out. Hee-hee!"

Two-Face pulls back his suit jacket and withdraws an oversized handgun, which he fires in Noir_Cat's general direction.(The only way to point when RPing Harvey (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5559107&posted=1#post5559107))

"Now...how do I get down from here?"

Fin
2008-12-29, 03:36 PM
Detrevnisisiht because i don't know how he created such a short post

Aether
2008-12-29, 03:47 PM
Can we have a list of players please? Because at this point not only do I not know how many people are in there, I don't know how many people are in this.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 04:06 PM
Detrevnisisiht then, happy now?:smalltongue:

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-29, 05:28 PM
no .

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-29, 05:31 PM
Aether
Blue Umbrella
dallas-dakota
detrevnisisiht
Dr. Bath
Duos
Fin
GAThraawn
iceddragons
Jontom Xire
Noir_Cat
PirateMonk
RabbitHoleLost
Reinholdt
Selrahc
ThePhantom

PirateMonk
2008-12-29, 05:59 PM
Fin for quoting fail.

Hyozo
2008-12-29, 06:02 PM
I think I'll point at Fin today. (roleplaying will come later when I can think of something)

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 06:35 PM
Fin to save myself.:smallsmile:

Boo
2008-12-29, 08:14 PM
*Looks at both bandwagons, then at Fin's long name*

DD, because his name is shorter.

Aether
2008-12-29, 08:17 PM
*Looks at both bandwagons, then at Fin's long name*

DD, because his name is shorter.

Blue Umbrella because his name is HUUUEG!

EDIT: HOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAP!

Guys, I found Batman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Kaimen/Motivate%20This/Discretion_Poster.jpg

Noir_Cat
2008-12-29, 11:09 PM
Blue Umbrella because his name is HUUUEG!

EDIT: HOLYCRAPHOLYCRAPHOLYCRAP!

Guys, I found Batman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v156/Kaimen/Motivate%20This/Discretion_Poster.jpg

BATMAN!!!

Ohmygosh. I laughed long and hard at this.

EDIT: heh, changed my last post to an actual roleplay of Catwoman. You should read it. Right now. *stares until you go back and read it*

Dr. Bath
2008-12-30, 08:08 AM
Dallas Dakota. *twirls umbrella*

Reinholdt
2008-12-30, 11:19 AM
Who takes money just to donate it to their local charity?
A PirateMonk of course

Boo
2008-12-30, 12:12 PM
Dallas Dakota. *twirls umbrella*

Gah! Stop doing that! It makes me all dizzy and... and... ooo... *turns grue*

ThePhantom
2008-12-30, 12:19 PM
As always the nine twenty is five minutes early, just enough time to see Fin take a last trip, forever.

Fin
2008-12-30, 03:45 PM
:smallfrown:

Why do I always die early in EDK's mini games?

I smell wolf counter bandwagon, yes I know its only the first day but...

Boo
2008-12-30, 03:50 PM
Isn't this a blind game?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-30, 07:17 PM
Jinglejinglejingle The tinkle of small silver bells were easier to hear before she started calling
"Docta Jaaaaaay~" Harley's lips were pursed into a pout as she walked along the dark streets of Gotham city. Oddly, not one of Gotham's finest were around to stop her as she walked along, despite her status as one of Gotham's most wanted, and a common face to be found in Arkham Asylum.
They never were around, though.

A figure caught her eye, the way it walked, and she jumped for joy, scissor-kicking her legs before starting a sprint, which led to a cartwheel right up to him.
"Docta J!" Harley moved to grab the figure in her arms...
And then stopped, her pout even more so evident as she looked up at Aether.
"But you're not my Docta J! I don't even know who you are!"

Dr. Bath
2008-12-30, 07:46 PM
Isn't this a blind game?

Not necessarily. Most EDK games aren't, even when absolutely nothing is known about the roles. But there's no hard and fast rule.

Aether
2008-12-30, 08:28 PM
Isn't this a blind game?

In blind games you worry about what you don't know.

In EDK games, you worry even more at the possibility that it ISN'T a blind game! Hah!

*is bumped into*
Aether backs up, makes a zipping lips motion, and hands over a Joker playing card. Then, he points to all playing cards stapled, glued or taped to street signs, lampposts, mailboxes and such throughout the streets.

There are all sorts of playing cards, but strangely enough there's a method to he madness of their arrangement. Each particular card... seems to lead to another card; it's like a trail of breadcrumbs, only using playing cards... All the 10s of Spades link into a trail, all the 4s of Hearts.. and so on, and so forth.

Some of the cards have a direction or two on it, in case some wag decides to switch up the orders... and there's so many duplicates and there are even some drawings and carvings of playing cards over the city!

Clearly, unless you know the right card to follow, or wish to try over 50 combinations, you're not going to get where you want to go.

Aether hands over a Queen of Hearts to the girl, miming for her to keep both. He then steps back and waits silently, idly shuffling a deck of cards. Unless she wants him to do a card trick, or needs her bags carried or something, there's really nothing more for him to do...

2008-12-31, 12:44 AM
Mr. Freeze sat in his agandoned grocer's meat locker, which he was passing off as his study for the time geing. Of course, he was in his house coat. One of his minions, garged in the traditional cleched Inuit-style coat, offered him iced tea.

His face was cold and glank.

His mind wandered towards the areas of Dallas and Dakota. It was cold there about this time, right? Gatman wouldn't follow him all the way out ther.

This lightning-fast post/horrigle role-play grought to you by LightSpeed Greifs.

Noir_Cat
2008-12-31, 02:25 AM
I was wondering, Fullbladder. I thought you were roleplaying Mr. Freeze, not the Ventriloquist.

Aether
2008-12-31, 03:12 AM
Who's the Ventriloquist?

And it sounds like Fullblader is roleplaying as Freeze... unless the Ventriloquist purposefully mixes up his Bs and Gs? The first time I saw a B where a G should be in FB's post, I thought it was a typo... now I'm wondering if it's deliberate.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-31, 03:36 AM
I point at Aether because he gave away Batman's secret hiding place (more than it already was I mean).

Duos
2008-12-31, 12:18 PM
Pointing at BU, because he said the spinnin' made him all grue. And he was a grue in Memesville, and the memes were wolves. Since he's now a grue here, he must be a wolf in this game too.

EDIT: Aether, the letter B is one of two letters that a ventriloquist can't say, because they involve the pursing of the lips. The letter G is subbed for it. The other is the letter P, for which a K is usually substituted. He MIGHT be the Ventriloquist pretending to be Freeze, but he used a couple P's.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-31, 12:35 PM
Dallas Dakota was in the mayor's office whistling to himself. He looked at the mayor's chair and a smile came to his lips. Dallas walked to the chair and sat down in it, making himself comfortable.

Eleswhere a group of people, decided to at random and what is more random than killing the Mayor? So the group started to get in position. They rushed into the mayor's office and killed the person sitting in the mayor's seat.

Dallas Dakota was a Bad Guy

You are A Member Of The Joker’s Gang Who Is Threatening The Mayor. Each night you can PM me as name. That person will be daybaned the following day. You cannot use this on yourself.

You Win If Joker’s Gang makes up 50% of the town.

Boo
2008-12-31, 10:51 PM
Pointing at BU, because he said the spinnin' made him all grue. And he was a grue in Memesville, and the memes were wolves. Since he's now a grue here, he must be a wolf in this game too.

EDIT: Aether, the letter B is one of two letters that a ventriloquist can't say, because they involve the pursing of the lips. The letter G is subbed for it. The other is the letter P, for which a K is usually substituted. He MIGHT be the Ventriloquist pretending to be Freeze, but he used a couple P's.

Grue is also a colour. Green + Blue = Grue :smalltongue:

And you forgot about 'M'. Example: Instead of 'Monkey' and ventriloquist would say 'Nonkey'.

2009-01-01, 01:18 AM
You people seem to making more out of my post that there is.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-01, 03:19 AM
What exactly do you think we're here for? :smallamused:

EDIT: Yay, random conspiracies!! I think I actually started this one. If you are killed and on the side opposite from me, then I won't say that I am sorry.:smallbiggrin:

Aether
2009-01-01, 04:31 AM
Honestly? It looks like they're just having fun thinking up conspiracies due to your role-play. I mean, we all have our roles (from our ROLE PMS) and some of us called dibs on roleplaying certain roles in the thread.

Since it was Day 1, and now Night 1, any assumptions they're making about you (or anyone else, for that matter) are all in good fun! :smallsmile:

As for me, I'm just surprised that I'm posting more in this game thread (which I joined partly due to whim, partly due to dying in Fears 2) then in the LOTR game thread... But then, I spent a lot of time in the pre-game, sign-up thread, heh.

Also, even if we managed to figure out if your real role was Freeze, or the Ventriloquist, (WITHOUT scrying you!) we would still not know what the heck your powers were. 'Cuz this is a blind game and all... ...unless we were specifically connected to your role somehow.. maybe. Like the Demon-Hating/Human-Hating Lovers in the previous EDK game. I think. Maybe? Heh.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-01, 01:30 PM
Batman stalked the streets of Gotham, on the look out of any beings that terrorised the people of Gotham. As he started to swoop down to the alley, one gunshot hit his head and pierced into his skull. Batman fell down. Dead.

The news blared on the television. “… Batman as he calls himself has been killed. Not only that but his secret identity has been made known. The infamous billionaire playboy, Det was the Batman.”

Det was killed. He was a Bad Guy

Det was Batman. Batman’s gang’s devil.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-01, 02:05 PM
Now you've got a confused, isane person on your hands. Good luck handling that one.

Batman was a Bad Guy? I have found myself as lost as the Dynamic Duo when they got stuck in the Riddler's Minotaur Maze. (as I once again prove my nerdiness)

Aether
2009-01-01, 03:09 PM
"... you lost me."

*insert Fate/Stay Night picture of Emiya Shiro*

Selrahc
2009-01-01, 05:24 PM
Of course batman was bad guy! What you want is me, Batzarro. Genuine good guy. Me am great at protecting the peoples!

GAThraawn
2009-01-01, 08:58 PM
Gotham was in an uproar. The news was all over town.

Someone had killed the Batman.

Standing on the edge of the Gotham City Bank's roof, Two-Face could feel the turmoil beneath him. In the distance, a car alarm blared. Someone screamed.

For the first time in years, the crooks and villians of Gotham felt safe to come out at night.

"Party time."

Another shout, this one much closer. He moved to the lip of the roof. Down below, a security guard toppled backwards down the stairs of the bank, frozen solid. The distinctive figure of Mr. Freeze followed the body.

"Bank robbing, Mr. Freeze? That's a felony. And you've already used all your second chances."

"You can hardly blame him, though. What better night, of all nights? We should be out there too. So much of Gotham, ripe for the taking."

"So much of Gotham, in need of a defender, now more than ever."

The choice, as always, was a simple one. A flick of the wrist, the slap of glove on glove: an untarnished face smiled back at Harvey from the back of his palm.

"Not your lucky day, doctor." (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5576313#post5576313)

In one swift motion, Harvey drew his sidearm and fired several shots down at Lord Fullbladder.

"Now, there were stairs around here somewhere..."

2009-01-02, 12:17 AM
Mr. Freeze turns his gun upon Dent as the first gullet goes wide, freezing the next two into a single glock of ice that, in traditional cartoony manner, sits in mid air for a second before falling, useless.

"On the contrary, Mister Dent," the refridgerated rapscallion retorts, as a pair of Freeze-minions shuffle past, gurdened by a safe. "I gelieve I shall find this to ge a very lucky day indeed."

He then freezes an eight-foot wall of ice getween himself and GAThraawn. Gecause that's how Freeze rolls when he's written by a guy who has erratic internet access.

ThePhantom
2009-01-02, 12:24 AM
The batman dead? What better timing? However, there were tales of (GAThraawn) Two-Face acting as the protecter of the city. That wouldn't do.

Boo
2009-01-02, 01:00 AM
Fullbladder isn't using B's again.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-02, 03:17 AM
Dallas-Dakota was a bad guy
Detrevnisthis was a bad guy.

Both names begin with D.

Duos begins with D.

Moreover, Duos did not point on day one. With no player list (in post 1) it's an easy way to avoid getting targetted for either lynch or night actions because people aren't so sure who's actually playing.

Also I'm guessing it's a blind game from the fact that the first two deaths were bad guys. Avoiding a bad guy lynch on day one should be reasonably easy if the bad guys all know each other and co-ordinate. Presuming (although with EDK's games you have to be careful about assuming anything) that bad guys get a night kill as usual it looks like the bad guys night killed their own devil.

Aether
2009-01-02, 03:41 AM
I was thinking there were 2 groups of bad guys. The Joker's gang, and the Batman's gang.

So the Batman may've been killed by the Joker's Gang... because if this game is THAT blind that the 2 bad guy groups don't know their own Devil... well...

Of course, with only 17 or so people, I suspect if there ARE 2 gangs, there'd be no more than 2-3 in each. 6/17 bad guys

6 bad
11 good

What exactly is the balancing point? Ugh, the number of masons and just the traditional power roles mix it up...

Noir_Cat
2009-01-02, 04:18 AM
((You killed Catwoman's lover!))

The frozen tin man may or may not notice a red dot appearing on his forehead, but he should get hotter and start having the usual problems when this happens. This keeps up until he collapses, at which point Catwoman discards a heat ray gun that was found in the lab of some guy called "Dr. Horrible" and quickly dispatches the Freeze-minions. Being a skilled lockpick, opening the safe is also the work of a moment.

The Cat takes a quick glance back at (Fullbladder) Mr. Freeze and then all around to make sure that no one is being sneaky. Seeing and hearing no one, she fills up a small bag with heaping handfuls of the priceless gems. Rubies, emeralds, saphires, and diamonds. Beautiful sparkly rocks. And then the cord attached to the bag goes back around her neck and the bag itself tucked down the front of her catsuit.

And then she melts back into the shadows--here now, then gone in a flash.

2009-01-02, 12:04 PM
Damn. I hate it when this happens. I shut down the computer, and just as I stumble towards my ged I say to myself "I should have said 'I am afraid your assets have been frozen, Mister Dent.'"

Always happens.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-02, 12:11 PM
I was thinking there were 2 groups of bad guys. The Joker's gang, and the Batman's gang.

So the Batman may've been killed by the Joker's Gang... because if this game is THAT blind that the 2 bad guy groups don't know their own Devil... well...

Of course, with only 17 or so people, I suspect if there ARE 2 gangs, there'd be no more than 2-3 in each. 6/17 bad guys

6 bad
11 good

What exactly is the balancing point? Ugh, the number of masons and just the traditional power roles mix it up...

2 bad guy groups seems probable. Batman as Devil in one Joker as devil in the other. I somehow doubt however that either has a night kill. I think what we have is a vigilante character (whathisface...the guy like batman that killed villains...) or just a killer (role = kill people until you are the only one left). Either fit with a number of characters from the batman universe.

SO. I'm pointing at Blue Umbrella due to his suspiciously content free points. Waugh waugh waugh. *twirls umbrella and stabs a lacky with it*

Selrahc
2009-01-02, 12:14 PM

Werewolf Classic is that blind.

Also, I'm pointing at Fullbladder because not using B's while not roleplaying the Ventriloquist is very confusing. :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2009-01-02, 12:36 PM
What is but is not?
Can be heard but never seen?
The Phantom
He almost saved DD last day. In fact, if there wasn't some double point person out there like I suspect, Fin would have been lynched instead.

Duos
2009-01-02, 01:41 PM
Hey, I did too point on day one, JX. I pointed at Blue Umbrella. That's libel! Defamation of character! Also, point at BU Again. Because blue+green=/=grue. Blue+green=seafoam. Seafoam is very ugly, and ugly is bad.

Fin
2009-01-02, 04:07 PM
Lord Fullbladder

2009-01-02, 07:26 PM
Well, this is fun. For the first tim ever one of my posts is highly scrutinized, and now I'm geing gandwagoned against, and I haven't even done anything wrong yet! Truly, this is a happy day.

'Gout time I did something in a post that made people theorize and question.

Aether
2009-01-02, 07:39 PM
Um... Blue Umbrella?

How do we even know there's a Ventriloquist role in here? I mean, I never even knew there was a villain like that, much less a part of Batman's rogue gallery!

Boo
2009-01-02, 09:25 PM
Um... Blue Umbrella?

How do we even know there's a Ventriloquist role in here? I mean, I never even knew there was a villain like that, much less a part of Batman's rogue gallery!

We don't. Simple as that. I don't really know why Fullbladder isn't using B's, but I'd like to see. Or at least hear his defense. And the Ventriloquist may not be the most well known, but he's well known enough.

@Bath: It's content free because I don't have any content to fill it with. I have my suspicions of others, but FB stands out because of this circumstantial evidence. I don't use spreadsheets for games, I just use my noggin. I'm sure I'd be more efficient if I did, but oh well.

@Duos: lol@u (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grue_(color))

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-02, 09:48 PM
Fullbladder

There will totally be an RP post again in the future.
I'm just pressed for time at the moment <<

2009-01-02, 10:26 PM
You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!

EDK told my to switch out all my 'G's for 'G's or--or gad things would happen! So I did it and all it did was make me suspicious and now gad things are happening anyway! I'm a Good Guy! I'm on Team Good Guy!

Noir_Cat
2009-01-03, 01:13 AM
He's admitted to being a Good Guy! That's just the excuse we've been looking for! Everybody lynch him!!:smallamused:

Aether
2009-01-03, 01:18 AM
It's likely some people recieved PMs along the lines of "kill the guy switching his Gs and Bs." And then stupidly outed themselves by lynching him en masse... Jeezus.

That, or they recieved PMs to kill the Ventriloquist or something, and figured that because somebody was RPing as him...

Selrahc
2009-01-03, 04:48 AM
It's likely some people recieved PMs along the lines of "kill the guy switching his Gs and Bs." And then stupidly outed themselves by lynching him en masse... Jeezus.

I can honestly say that this is not the case. I was just really quite confused by what the heck was going on!

If someone you knew suddenly developed a speech impediment, you wouldn't be confused? Well in the hurly burly world of werewolf, the only way to deal with any kind of confusion, suspicion, doubt or ignorance, is to lynch stuff until it goes away. :smallbiggrin:

Dr. Bath
2009-01-03, 07:54 AM
Well the Gs/Bs thing does lead us to believe that Fullbladder is the Ventriloquist. Which means that he is a regular rogues gallery member (ie not the Joker and certainly not Batman's gang) and almost certainly a good guy, like he said. I know that I'm a 'villian' character, but still have the win condition of 'kill all the bad guys'.

Aether
2009-01-03, 10:10 AM
But what if somebody had decided to RP as the ventriloquist? Or other people picked it up in protest of FB's lynching?

We have somebody roleplaying Harvey Dent.. Catwoman.. Harley Quinn... and I sort of got in on roleplaying a bit.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-03, 12:07 PM
It tells you something about a city, when a puppet is lynched. It shows you how far they've fallen. That's what happened the night Fullbladder was lynched. The group of you snuck up on the puppet and then one of you shot him. It lit Fullbladder on fire and only ashes remained.

Fullbladder was lynched. He was a Good Guy

You are Scarface. You must substitute B with G, otherwise something bad will happen.

You win if the Bad Guys are all dead.

Aether
2009-01-03, 12:20 PM
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o88/sph1988/KyonFacepalmMessageResize.jpg

Bleh.

Well. Since I'm lazy and dumb, anybody know off-hand what connection there is between Scarface and the Ventriloquist? Is Scarface a puppet? I mean in terms of lore/canon, not in what we know of this game.

Selrahc
2009-01-03, 12:56 PM
Well. Since I'm lazy and dumb, anybody know off-hand what connection there is between Scarface and the Ventriloquist? Is Scarface a puppet? I mean in terms of lore/canon, not in what we know of this game.

Scarface is the puppet. The Ventriloquist is his browbeaten lackey, except it isn't clear how much the Ventriloquist controls Scarfaces actions, and whether or not Scarface is his own entity.

Although now I think about it, the ventriloquist is dead, and scarface has a new partner. Who doesn't swap B's with G's.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-03, 02:06 PM
Bah! Eediots!

Reinholdt
2009-01-03, 02:07 PM
BGah! Eediots!

Fixed it for you.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-03, 04:17 PM
It started out that Arnold Wesker was the Ventriloquist, and Scarface his puppet. It seemed to be that Wesker has Multiple Personalities, Scarface being the dominant one of them. Wesker wasn't able to enunciate the letter "B" (among others) while throwing his voice, substituting it with the letter "G".

When Wesker died, a woman called Peyton Riley replaced him as the Ventriloquist. Her relationship with Scarface is comparable to that of Harley Quinn and the Joker. She believed that the puppet loved her and she loved him. When Riley was the Ventriloquist, Scarface no longer had his speech impediment. She was called "Sugar" by Scarface.

There are many instances that indicated that Scarface could possibly have been his own entity.

But I find it rather ironic. He originally put "G" in place of the "B" as an accident. And turned out to be Scarface.

2009-01-03, 10:55 PM
Actually the BGs were entirely on purpose, for reasons indicated in my role PM, handily replicated by our magnificent narrator in my lynch narration.

Fullbladder was lynched. He was a Good Guy

You are Scarface. You must substitute B with G, otherwise something bad will happen.

The bad thing that would have happened was obviously "you won't be lynched".

Noir_Cat
2009-01-04, 02:10 PM
Really? I thought that you were joking when you said that. But I just went back and read your post and EDK's announcement of your death and he really did say that and you really were a good guy.

I really think that this entire situation is hilarious.

Boo
2009-01-04, 03:37 PM
There probably is a ventriloquist role to accompany Scarface, but... he's a good guy? *is confused*

Dr. Bath
2009-01-04, 04:37 PM
Why are you confused? Batman's a bad guy, ergo all the Rogues Gallery are good guys (probably). Except that we know that the Joker's gang isn't good. So those who are in gangs are bad, and those working on their own (or perhaps in twos) are good. It's not that hard when you puzzle it out.

Boo
2009-01-04, 04:44 PM
Although I had to read that twice to really understand what you just said... I get it now.

@V: You am not alone, no. :smalltongue:

Dr. Bath
2009-01-04, 04:49 PM
Clear and concise I ain't. Sorry. :smallfrown: I added some punctuation now though! :smalltongue:

Noir_Cat
2009-01-05, 01:26 AM
That is an interesting way of thinking about it, Dr. Bath. And it makes sense.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-05, 11:35 AM
"You know that it would be untrue
You know that I would be a liar
If I was to say to you
Girl, we couldn't get much higher
Come on baby, light my fire
Come on baby, light my fire
Try to set the night on fire"
Sang Fin as he danced looking at the pretty colours of the torch.

"The time to hesitate is through
No time to wallow in the mire
Try now we can only lose
And our love become a fun-"

Fin was found shot in the chest multiple times.

Fin was killed. He was a Good Guy

You are Firefly. At any point, you can set the building you’re in on fire. This kills you and anyone who targets you.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-06, 03:40 AM
Does anyone know who's alive and who's dead, and preferably the known roles of the dead people? I haven't been keeping track.

Boo
2009-01-06, 09:36 AM
Dead:

DD - Jokers Gang (bad guy)
detrevnisisiht - Batman (bad guy)
Fullbladder - Scarface (good guy)
Fin - Firefly (good guy)

Alive:

Selrahc
Noir_Cat
iceddragons
Reinholdt
Aether
Dr. Bath
Duos
GAThraawn
ThePhantom
PirateMonk
RabbitHoleLost
Blue Umbrella
Jontom Xire

EDIT: whoops. >> I didn't see that mistake.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-06, 10:20 AM
How come some people like Reinholdt and Noir Cat are on there twice?

Have we really only had four deaths so far?

I was really suspicious of Duos yesterday even though I only gave a silly reason. If I'd had a night scry ability I definitely would have used it on him.

Reinholdt
2009-01-06, 10:38 AM
Who did I vote for yesterday?
ThePhantom
Yeah, lame riddle I know, but I don't want to think about it right now.

I vote for him again because I'm still suspicious of him. Duos is a good second choice, though.

ThePhantom
2009-01-06, 11:22 AM
Duos to keep myself from being lynched.

Duos
2009-01-06, 11:37 AM
I counterpoint at ThePhantom, because I'd prefer survival to bing a bullet-ridden corpse.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-06, 12:10 PM
The Phantom
-insert fanfair here-

ThePhantom
2009-01-06, 12:32 PM
Well, that's the way the coin lands, scarred side up. For me, and everyone else
edit Yah, it does make sense.

Boo
2009-01-06, 12:33 PM
So, we're to presume that you're two-face, then? Which is probably fitting since you're your avatar is the Phantom of the Opera in 3D. :smalltongue:

DELAYED EDIT: That 'you're' was bugging me.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-06, 12:54 PM
Duos. Because... where the heck did this ThePhantom bandwagon come from?

Noir_Cat
2009-01-06, 02:14 PM
A figure can be seen in the shadows of forest, sneaking towards a river that falls off a cliff in a moonlit clearing ahead. The figure pauses at the treeline, checking to be sure that there is no one around. A large mansion can now be seen at the top of the cliff.

Catwoman steps out of the trees and into the silver moonlight. She looks up at Wayne Manor, lost in thought, and a single tear rolls down her face. Snapping out of her fit of moroseness, she shakes her head and continues to the waterfall. It is slippery, but nothing for the Cat to transcend. In a few short seconds, she is behind the waterfall and in the cave behind it. It is Batman's Cave, where all his gear is kept and her objective, his laboratory, is.

"Well, Ms. Kitty? What does it take to resurrect a bat?" she says to the black cat that has followed her. "Or perhaps who does it take would be a more appropriate question?"

((I choose Duos for no particular reason other than to even up the odds. With this, both bandwagons should have the same number of votes. It shall be interesting to see who goes. Also, is 'moroseness' even a word?))

Hyozo
2009-01-07, 12:34 AM
You won't force me to make the decicive point Noir_Cat!

Jontom Xire
2009-01-07, 03:46 AM
How come every point but the last is at just two people! I really wasn't expecting people to follow me pointing at Duos, and I also don't understand why everyone is pointing at ThePhantom.

There has been no real reasoning, logic, or evidence given for either bandwagon, yet there they are, huge and unstoppable. Why is everyone just jumping on bandwagons?

Also there should be someone out there with a really good reason to trust me, but I haven't got a PM from them yet, so they're either a bit slow, haven't read the thread for ages, or I've misunderstood the rules a little.

Duos is the key.

Boo
2009-01-07, 03:52 AM
Phantom is claiming to be Two-Face from what I can tell. So... why not?

Dr. Bath
2009-01-07, 12:18 PM
Because the Rogue's gallery seem to be the good guys, maybe? I doubt somewhat that there are three gangs of bad guys.

Aether
2009-01-07, 10:42 PM
Duos.

Filler.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-09, 11:19 AM
Duos AKA the Penguin was lounging in his night club. When I fight started. Duos went up to the fight and started looking around. Until a beer bottle flew at him.

Duos was Lynched. He was a Good Guy

You are The Penguin. As the Head of the Iceberg Lounge Nightclub you get a lot of information. Target a player, you will then be told their role name.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-09, 11:44 AM
Bugger.

On the other hand I don't really care because I'm getting a bit irritated with the person who REALLY should have contacted me by now. And who should have been able to tell me that Duos was a good guy. Unless that person is a bad guy. In which case I'll get killed tonight.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-10, 11:27 AM
The coin fell on the ground.

ThePhabtom was killed. He was a good guy

You are Two Face. You may target a player each night. This scry looks for Batman’s Group or Joker’s Group based on factors outside your control. If the player you target is a member of the group you’re looking for, you will be told “yes” otherwise you will be told ”no”.

Boo
2009-01-10, 11:47 AM
Because the Rogue's gallery seem to be the good guys, maybe? I doubt somewhat that there are three gangs of bad guys.

>> Okay, I should have looked back to say something... I didn't know what the rogues gallery was, and I'm sorta running blinder than the rest of you. I'll probably check it out today.

Living players:

Selrahc
Noir_Cat
iceddragons
Reinholdt
Aether
Dr. Bath
GAThraawn
PirateMonk
RabbitHoleLost
Blue Umbrella
Jontom Xire

Dr. Bath
2009-01-10, 01:11 PM
>> Okay, I should have looked back to say something... I didn't know what the rogues gallery was, and I'm sorta running blinder than the rest of you. I'll probably check it out today.

Living players:

Selrahc
Noir_Cat
iceddragons
Reinholdt
Aether
Dr. Bath
GAThraawn
PirateMonk
RabbitHoleLost
Blue Umbrella
Jontom Xire

The rogues' gallery are all the different villains that Batman fights. Two-face, Mr. Freeze, the Penguin etc. etc. So basically all the roles.

Except that we know that the Joker is a bad guy (and Batman is as well)

Also: Wow, two seers in a row. Amazing going.

GAThraawn
2009-01-10, 07:09 PM
Harvey stood once more looking down upon the darkened alleys of Gotham.

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

"Unfortunatly for some..."

"Now now, show some respect. If it weren't for me, we'd be dead long ago."

"As it is, we only deserve to be behind bars."

"No! No, I won't listen to this any longer. Enough with white knight crusade already. I want to have some fun tonight."

He fished the coin out of his pocket. Below, a scream rang out. Two muggers advanced on a young woman.

"She needs help..."

The coin twisted gracefully through the air. He extended a hand to pluck it from the air. With a meaty thunk, it bounced off the side of his palm and spiraled down past his feet, out of his grasp and down to the ground far below.

"Wha..."

"Damn."

"Gah! I have had enough of this! This is just too much!"

With a snarl, he unhostered his weapon and rained a loose hail of fire down on those below, sending the woman, the muggers, and even an innocent PirateMonk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5620738&posted=1#post5620738) who just happened to be passing diving for cover.

"Now, stairs, stairs...how do I keep managing to get up these places?"

Selrahc
2009-01-10, 07:26 PM
Blue Umbrella

He am very aware that Batzarro fighters are no helpers. Me am not think that mean he is fake bat or happy clown.

He was a little baffled by the idea that Batman's villains were the good guys. That to me suggests that he is either a member of Batmans crew or the Jokers gang.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-11, 01:08 AM
Wow. So both of them were killed anyway. Interesting experiment, let's do it again sometime.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-11, 05:46 AM
I have a scry too. But I don't get to know the result. Instead someone else gets to know the result. The previous night I targetted Duos. No-one got in touch despite my heavy hints. I can think of three possible reasons:

1) The person who gets the result is inactive.
2) The person who got the result is ... ummm ... let's just say they didn't spot my hints.
3) The person who got the result is a bad guy.

That day two bandwagons came out of almost nowhere. One against Duos, one against ThePhantom. Both were seers, and ThePhantom was killed the following night.

My conclusion is that both bandwagons were given heavy pushing by bad guys, each of which knew the role of one of the two victims.

Blue Umbrella started the bandwagon against ThePhantom. Now he's trying to start a bandwagon against the only player who didn't join either bandwagon.

I started the other bandwagon to try and get the person who gets my scry results to contact me. This was followed by ThePhantom in a survival bid.
I suspect bad guys then saw an opportunity and joined it.

Boo
2009-01-11, 06:56 AM
Oh noes! I is being bandwagoned! Quick! To the Brollymobile!

By the way, my point was random. Couldn't think of anyone at the time. I don't know where you're getting that I'm trying to start a bandwagon.

Reinholdt
2009-01-11, 10:12 AM
Which blue friend is getting one more chance?
Jontom Xire. I'm finding him suspicious personally. However, I'm willing to roll with his story for now. Sounds exactly like a role EDK would come up with.
So Blue Umbrella gets my vote.

I'm not being horribly creative with these riddles, am I? :smallsigh: *doesn't want to think that hard right now*

Jontom Xire
2009-01-11, 02:29 PM
Don't think I didn't spot who was vote two against ThePhantom.

:smallwink:

Noir_Cat
2009-01-11, 03:40 PM
That actually almost makes sense. Almost. If such is the case and there is some big conspiracy, I am completely all by my lonesome over here. I do think that it is interesting that we've lost so many key players, here.

Hyozo
2009-01-11, 07:25 PM
I think Selrahc might have a point about blue umbrella.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-12, 03:35 AM
I suspect that when Boo (sorry, I hang out with RHL and it rubs off) gets lynched, I might be bandwagoned for going against the flow here. But I think it is rather suspicious that Jontom Xire is causing all the trouble here.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-13, 11:28 AM
Blue Umbrella looked out at Gotham. Those fools thought they'd be the ones to kill Batman but Blue Umbrella knew better. He'd kill Batman even if he had to kill everyone else to do it. Then it started to rain. A man picked up Blue Umbrella to shelter himself from the rain.

As that man walked in a dark alleyway, he was shot. So was the Blue Umbrella.

Blue Umbrella was killed. He was The Joker

You have a night kill each night. The night kill is done by shooting. You also have a one-shot kill. This kill is done by Joker Venom.

There is another member of your Goons. You can during the night PM me asking me to bring him in your team. This will cause him to lose any powers he has but will make him aware who you are, and you’ll be aware of who he is. If you die before bringing him in, he will not be able to kill.

You win if you make up 50% of the town.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-14, 03:35 AM
That looks like the Jokers team is all dead, right? From Blue Umbrella's role PM it looks like there was one other goon, and he's dead already, so I guess that's the Joker wiped out. However the role PM did say [b]another[/b[ so maybe there was one set of goons he knew about and one he didn't.

If the Joker's team was two people, I suspect that the Batman team is as well. Batman and Robin. So where's Robin?

Going back to the same premise as found Robin, I think we need to look at that days voting again. I suspect that Robin was responsible for Duos' death as a result of receiving my scry result. So that means that Dr Bath and Noir Cat are the most suspicious, but let's not forget that it was Aether who had the final point at Duos.

Also, does anyone remember that Blue Umbrella's list had Reinholdt and Noir cat on it twice? What if that was more than a simple mistake. What if the first part of the list was the player list, and then for convenience he included names from his team on it. Also there is nothing stopping joint victory for the Joker and Batman if they each make up 50% of the population.

I suspect that Reinholdt, who followed Blue Umbrella's lead on ThePhantom, may be a member of the Joker's team, and that Noir Cat may well be a member of Batman's team.

I fancy lynching Noir Cat next.

And I bet I die tonight, even if only because of this analysis right here.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-14, 02:22 PM
I suspect that Reinholdt, who followed Blue Umbrella's lead on ThePhantom, may be a member of the Joker's team, and that Noir Cat may well be a member of Batman's team.

I fancy lynching Noir Cat next.

And I bet I die tonight, even if only because of this analysis right here.

Well, it's going to be either you or me.

*turns to crowd*

Would you believe me if I told you that I was not, in fact, one of Batman's team? I mean, I really am not, but would you believe me?

Dr. Bath
2009-01-14, 02:40 PM
I probably wouldn't. It is a werewolf game.

On why I didn't vote yesterday: Well, y'see, the thing is... I gave Blue Umbrella a 'Death Potion' a few nights ago (either night one or two). Sadly, it didn't kill him, but I was sure it would do something, probably something death related. And I thought... maybe it gives him the beast ability? :smalleek: I'm not voting this late in the day now! So I just didn't vote. And there you have it.

Personally I think that Blue Umbrella was the last of Joker's team, as it would make sense if separated his Goon has the power to day-bane, but loses it if he gets in contact with the Joker. Also: with two on each bad-guy team that would mean that about a quarter of the starting players were bad-guys, which sounds about right.

Boo
2009-01-14, 02:45 PM
>> Yeah, when you PM'd me to see what had happened to me, that really was the first time I was hearing of the death potion. So, EDK is going to have to clear that up for you.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-15, 05:15 AM
[COLOR="Indigo"]Well, it's going to be either you or me.

Umm, I outed blue Umbrella. My analysis led fairly directly to his death. And he was a bad guy. Plus I haven't done anything suspicious. So why would anyone want to lynch me?

Selrahc
2009-01-15, 06:06 AM
Umm, I outed blue Umbrella. My analysis led fairly directly to his death. And he was a bad guy. Plus I haven't done anything suspicious. So why would anyone want to lynch me?

Hey! I pointed at him first! I'm totally claiming the credit for that one. :smalltongue:

Jontom Xire
2009-01-15, 06:12 AM
Ah, but you didn't provide an analysis of why, so it is less likely that others would have followed your lead.

So, Selrahc, who do you think is most suspicious on my villains list?

Selrahc
2009-01-15, 08:13 AM
Ah, but you didn't provide an analysis of why, so it is less likely that others would have followed your lead.

I did, it wasn't a vote analysis but a behavioural one. I put it in a spoiler, but Iceddragons saw it at least.

He was puzzled by the idea that Batman villains were good guys, something that someone who had received a good guy PM should have already known. It doesn't really help us in tracking down other villains, since no one else gave any real feedback on that issue except Dr Bath.

I'm happy to go for Noir Cat tomorrow though. She went against the lynch of the Joker, and so is potentially at least, on his side.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-15, 03:16 PM

You also posted an analysis when you voted for Duos, and he turned out the be a good guy. Your reasons for pointing at me are meager at best. I would like to know when I have done anything suspicious.

As for going against the lynching of BU, I simply was not paying attention at the time. I did not notice that he was confused about the villains being the good guys. However, it was Selrahc that pointed it out first.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-16, 03:53 AM
Ah. Selrahc's analysis confused me a little because of the way it was worded. I thought it was just flavour text.

My "analysis" against Duos - the first one was a joke for Pete's sake, and the second wasn't really an analysis, but a major hint to whoever had received the result of my scry on Duos that I was the one doing the scrying so that they would get in touch. They didn't.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-17, 08:44 AM
Who wears green and is dead?

Jontom Xire was killed. He was a good guy.

You are the Riddler. You can target a player each night. Somebody other than you, will be sent that player’s (the one you targeted) role information.

Jontom Xire
2009-01-18, 05:32 AM
Oh my, what a surprise, I never expected that.

</sarcasm>

That's twice in a couple of weeks that I've found a bad guy, made a night time analysis, and been killed that same night.

Selrahc
2009-01-18, 05:48 AM
Noir Cat

I believe the Jokers gang will have one member left, since I don't think Batman's gang would be killers. I could believe that they would have a kill equivalent action of dragging someone off to Arkham, but since nothing like that has happened I think the Bat gang are the equivalent of evil masons. Either that or they're really really inactive...

Noir Cat spoke out in defence of Blue Umbrella. I'd say that that is the best lead we have.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-18, 01:48 PM
I really wasn't defending BU, I was just attempting to yank chains. But we shall see when I am lynched.

Reinholdt
2009-01-19, 03:43 AM
I don't buy that there's another Joker member personally.

What I also don't buy is Selrahc's logic. It's either too on the dot to have been come up with unless he was one of Batman's gang or just way off.

I'm tempted to point at him myself, but I'm betting on the later situation. So for now I'm going with GAThraawn. He's a slippery one.

Selrahc
2009-01-19, 07:22 AM
I don't buy that there's another Joker member personally.

What I also don't buy is Selrahc's logic. It's either too on the dot to have been come up with unless he was one of Batman's gang or just way off.

We've got too bad guy groups, yet every single day we get just one kill. What other explanation is there? Seems like a pretty easy conclusion to make to me.

Now if I was the last member of the Joker gang, what I'd be doing is trying to cast doubt that there were any left, and casting suspicion on anyone who said there was another Joker left. Kind of like what you are doing there :smalltongue: You've got to admit, that if there is a Joker left, thinking there isn't can only be of benefit to them.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-19, 07:28 AM
In the animal game EDK ran, there were two wolf groups, but only one had the night kill. If it was eliminated, then the other group gained the kill. Something similar could be happening here. I just doubt that more than a quarter of the players would be wolves, especially in a game this small. It's possible, but unlikely.

Rabbitholelost. (is she dead? I don't think she is...)

Selrahc
2009-01-19, 07:34 AM
In the animal game EDK ran, there were two wolf groups, but only one had the night kill. If it was eliminated, then the other group gained the kill. Something similar could be happening here. I just doubt that more than a quarter of the players would be wolves, especially in a game this small. It's possible, but unlikely.

But... Batman doesn't kill.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-19, 08:30 AM
Doesn't one of the robins go crazy/much more violent? Could be that. Or 'kill' could be locking up in Arkham or something.

Selrahc
2009-01-19, 09:52 AM
Doesn't one of the robins go crazy/much more violent? Could be that. Or 'kill' could be locking up in Arkham or something.

Jason Todd was a bit aggressive, but he never killed anyone. Well, until he got resurrected as a bad guy or something, but I don't think that is the issue.

There was also Azrael who replaced Batman while Bats was recuperating from his broken back. He killed someone, but since the Batman corpse we found was Bruce Wayne, that rules that out too.

If people were being dragged off to Arkham then why does the narration have people as dead?

Who wears green and is dead?
Not who wears green and has been taken to an insane asylum.

There are two gangs, but only one kill. Batman doesn't kill, so the kill must belong to the Joker gang. Since the kills haven't stopped, there must be another Joker around.

As for why there are three, remember that there were a couple of extra people in this game, and it would be much easier to add an extra goon than to add another Batman rogue with their own unique powers.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-19, 10:59 AM
Jason Todd was a bit aggressive, but he never killed anyone. Well, until he got resurrected as a bad guy or something, but I don't think that is the issue.

There was also Azrael who replaced Batman while Bats was recuperating from his broken back. He killed someone, but since the Batman corpse we found was Bruce Wayne, that rules that out too.

If people were being dragged off to Arkham then why does the narration have people as dead?

Not who wears green and has been taken to an insane asylum.

There are two gangs, but only one kill. Batman doesn't kill, so the kill must belong to the Joker gang. Since the kills haven't stopped, there must be another Joker around.

As for why there are three, remember that there were a couple of extra people in this game, and it would be much easier to add an extra goon than to add another Batman rogue with their own unique powers.

Except it does match up with the Joker's role pm:

You have a night kill each night. The night kill is done by shooting. You also have a one-shot kill. This kill is done by Joker Venom.

There is another member of your Goons. You can during the night PM me asking me to bring him in your team. This will cause him to lose any powers he has but will make him aware who you are, and you’ll be aware of who he is. If you die before bringing him in, he will not be able to kill.

None of this makes me think that there was ever more than one Goon. Everything is written in the singular, and this was the role pm, it doesn't get edited as the game goes on, that was what it said as the game started. Maybe Batman's team doesn't get a night kill, even now. But someone does, it's either them, or something like Harley Quinn as some sort of assassin role (win condition = everyone must be dead except you).

Thinking about it, Batman's 'gang' probably has roles based around information gathering/protection. If they're smart they could have (if batman hadn't got killed) made it look like they were good guys and just got people chasing after Joker's gang the whole game.

If Batman's gang don't get the night kill after Joker's gang die out, I can't see how they could be balanced with another wolf team with more people in it and night kills, it just wouldn't work.

In my opinion, Robin/remainder of Batman's gang (I think they are more likely to have three members than Joker's gang would) would be trying to swing the vote and get people to keep looking for more members of Joker's gang, as it keeps the heat off them.

And you are doing just that, Selrahc.

Reinholdt
2009-01-19, 12:27 PM
Selrahc. I don't buy his arguments and he seems to be trying to read way too much into the Batman universe as a cover.

I mean, I don't even think Batman should be the bad guy! So that ought to tell you something right there about the dangers of trying to follow the universe and apply it directly to an EDK werewolf game.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-19, 02:24 PM
Selrahc seemed far too eager to jump on Jontom's accusations.

Noir_Cat
2009-01-19, 02:50 PM
Selrahc-well...I should think that my reason would be obvious.

Selrahc
2009-01-19, 03:56 PM
Well, theres only a little bit of time left, I'm the clear bandwagonee. I'm dead.

Let me just say, there is a third member of the Jokers gang, and Batmans gang doesn't kill. :smallsigh:

GAThraawn
2009-01-20, 02:43 AM
(Darn. Went and forgot about this game again. Well, since it's too late to influence anything anyway, I'll stick with my trusty coin.)

On the streets of Gotham, the locals started to quarrel. Suspicions grew and tempers flared as hoodlums and renowned villians began to point at one another, accusing their enemies of association with the Batman and the Joker.

Were they really dead? Who was continuing to rack up such a body count in their absence? Would Batman really kill anyone, even if he was still alive? Had anyone here actually seen the bodies?

"Poor fools, so torn up over matters so simply resolved. Surely some of the Batman's network is still active..."

A coin spun through the air, then landed scarred side up.

"But not for much longer."

Around him, voices raised and hands hovered nervously over concealed weapons. They were intent on debating their way to the bottom of the mystery they had become obsessed with. Who among them was continuing the caped crusader's mission? Had the Joker finally stopped laughing at their mortality, or could they just no longer hear him? Who would be the next recipient of their primitive mob justice?

"Maybe one day they'll understand the simplicity of making fair decisions."

In the corner, a movement caught Harvey's eye. A figure trying to sculk out of the meeting hall, something large and shell-like cradled protectively over him. Two-Face frowned, then flipped his coin again. Same result.

His gun fired two loud rounds that ricocheted off Dr Bath's (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100831) tub, sending the man running for cover.

"That's all I have to say on the subject."

He headed off in the direction of the stairs up to the roof.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-21, 10:35 AM
Well, theres only a little bit of time left, I'm the clear bandwagonee. I'm dead.

Let me just say, there is a third member of the Jokers gang, and Batmans gang doesn't kill. :smallsigh:

Ok, I'll bite. How do you know this? You're saying you are Robin? Or that you're a seer? Or that you can read what people's roles do? All are possible, although I'd put the first option as most likely.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-21, 12:30 PM
The people of Gotham decided to catch the Bad Guys by playing a trick and laying a trap. One person started to speak. "Chippering Crackers. I need some cheese." When they said it, the old butler Alfred when up to them.When he was promptly lynched.

Selrahc was Alfred. He was a Bad Guy

Each night you can do one of the following things:
1) Try to beat up Penguin for information
2) Ask the commissioner for information

You can also do one of the following things.
1) See if a Role Name is in the game
2) Choose a player. You will be told their room name.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-21, 02:03 PM
Oho! Veeeery interesting. At the risk of going the way of the Dodo Jontom, I would like to say a few things.

Looks to me like we have one member of each gang left, it'd make sense with what we know already. I put it to you that there is a Robin about (I have a suspicion of whom, which I shall come to later) and also a Harley Quinn character running around (it doesn't sound like there's another goon, and I doubt that EDK would be so unimaginative. Also, Harley wouldn't really fit in anywhere except in the Joker's gang, she's infatuated after all).

I can't say what either of these roles do, but I would guess that Harley knew who the Joker was, and so can continue to use the night kill, she probably has another ability previously, but I can't think what it might be, perhaps a void of some description?

Robin, I would guess, has some sort of sluething/protection (careless baner?) ability.

I'm also thinking about the Commisioner role. Good or bad? I'm hoping good, but have a funny feeling that it's not another member of batman's gang... but we do know that he can scry for whether a role name is in the game or not. (I know this as: Alfred can speak to the penguin or the commissioner, he can then choose whether to check a players role (the penguins ability) or check if a role is in the game (I'm guessing the commish's ability).

Again... interesting... Anyway! That's a problem for another time, me thinks.

So

I think that Iceddragons is Robin/third member of the Batman gang (I do believe there are three, from what Selrahc was saying. It could be a trick, but... eh.). See, a few days point to it.

First day: Selrahc points at Fin (Alfred)
Detrevnisisiht points at Fin (Batman)
Iceddragons points at Fin

Admittedly PM and DD also pointed at fin that day, but when you look at the rest of iceddragon's voting record, there's only one day he doesn't follow Selrahc and that was because Selrahc didn't vote. Also note that yesterday, BU voted for iceddragons, and Selrahc jumps on him for it, followed by iceddragons (also note that iceddragons notes Selrahc as his reason for pointing, rather than Jontom, who had just as valid an argument.)

Noir_Cat
2009-01-22, 08:51 PM
That is an interesting point of view, Doctor.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-23, 06:34 AM
@^ You keep saying that and it keeps making me suspicious... ¬_¬

Anyway. I'd like to revise some of what I've said, namely that the Joker was in contact with the third member of his gang. 'Why do you say that?' I hear you cry, 'well!' I reply 'because BU thought it was a blind game, and considering he got himself caught for being confused about villains being bad guys, I wouldn't put such a gaff past him'.

So what I do think, is that the third member of Joker's gang has either a scrying ability (like the blind devil you get in Classic) or some sort of 'Son of Joker/Joker's assistant thing' where they get all of the Joker's abilities once he dies.

If we assume that it is a scry, then it is plausible that they got in contact with the Joker by the day of Duos' lynch, and so were trying to push the lynch that BU wanted (The Phantom) this puts Reinholdt right in the firing line (like Jontom said a page or so ago) but it also makes Rabbit suspicious to me, as she was third on The Phantom's bandwagon, didn't vote on the day that BU was lynched and followed a fairly obviously growing bandwagon against a member of Batman's gang.

And don't think I didn't notice you, Noir cat, with your 'I'm definitely not in Batman's gang' sounds like twisting the truth a little there to me...

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-23, 10:53 PM
Of course. Because, if I'm Harley Quinn or some member of the Joker's gang, wouldn't that be perfect?
My perfect fangirliness achieved in a WW game.
If only it worked like that...

Boo
2009-01-24, 01:10 AM
You do realise, of course, that would make you my fangirl. :smallwink::smalltongue:

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-24, 09:40 AM
Reinholdt was on the case, he followed the evidence until eventaully he was standing face to face with

Somebody

. As the Reinholdt started to speak, he was filled with bullet holes.

Reinholdt was killed. He was er Neutral?

You are the Commissioner. Each night you can target a player, you will be told who (if anybody) they targeted.

You win if Joker’s Gang is eliminated.
(Everyone who does not post tommorow will be autolynched.)

Dr. Bath
2009-01-24, 04:25 PM
I vote for... Rabbitholelost, for reasons outlined earlier. Maybe it would be too good if you got the character you really like, but it's certainly not impossible, and your voting record leads me to beleive that you're some sory of bad guy role. (I could always be wrong)

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-25, 02:14 AM
...Who's still in the Game?
All I know is Dr. Bath, me, and Noir...

Noir_Cat
2009-01-25, 02:59 AM
Funny thing, I actually didn't even notice that I kept saying "interesting point of view" or somesuch.

Dead:
Blue Umbrella - the Joker
dallas-dakota - Joker's gang member
detrevnisisiht - Batman
Duos - the Penguin
Fin - Firefly
Reinholdt - Commissioner Gordon
Selrahc - Alfred
ThePhantom - Two Face
Jontom Xire - the Riddler
Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins - the Ventriloquist

Alive:
Aether
Dr. Bath
GAThraawn
iceddragons
Noir_Cat
PirateMonk
RabbitHoleLost

GAThraawn
2009-01-25, 03:05 AM
(Gosh darn computer, crashing while I'm in the middle of a post! I can't be bothered to write out all that RP again, so suffice to say I'm sticking with my coin for the moment, due to lack of a clue what else to do, but may change my vote later if I'm forced to adopt some kind of strategy. Oh, and is there a particular reason we keep losing seer after seer? Does the remaining Joker thug [if that's who it is], have a scry as well as a kill?)

PirateMonk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100831)

GAThraawn
2009-01-28, 01:00 AM
Uh, bump? Anyone there?

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-28, 01:11 PM
RHL lost knew what she had to do, she snuck up on Dr. Bath lurking on top of a tall building. It looked like he was just in the middle of his monologue. "Cowardly and..." Then RHL ran up to Dr. Bath and kissed him. Dr. Bath rightfully annoyed at RHL pushed her off the roof.

RabitHoleLost was lynched. She was a Good Guy.

You are Poison Ivy. You can target two players each night. The first player will then target the second player.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-28, 01:18 PM
The Scarecrow looked at the area that he was planning to steal from. He walked bravely in after all that meddling butler was dead now. As he walked in, a batarang hit him. "How could this be. This is inconcievable. You're syupposed to be dead."
Then Robin walked out of the shadow. The Scarecrow looked at him. "Nightwing?"
"No, just Robin."
"Oh, this should be easy."

Piratemonk was Autolynched. He was a Good Guy

You are the Scarecrow. You have one dose of fear gas left. You have target a player once during the night, that player will be voided and unable to talk the next day.

Later that day

Robin and Scarface fought. Then Robin and the Ventrolquist fell into the convenient vat of acid.

Aether was Autolynched he was a Good Guy
Iceddragon was lynched. He was a Bad Guy

You are the Ventriloquist. As long as Scarface lives, you can target a player. That player will be both baned and voided.

Hyozo
2009-01-28, 01:21 PM
I'm sorry, I hadn't realized I was up for autolynch. In that case you can ignore the PM I sent you.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-28, 01:48 PM
A) What was Robin's ability?

B) How many players are left?

C)Ha! I was right! About iceddragons.

D) Someone better stop the kill tonight, whoever the other good guy is, bear in mind that I have precisely no powers. Whatever my death potion was supposed to do, it didn't do it when I gave it to BU.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-28, 03:05 PM
You were, however, incorrect about me :smallamused:

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-29, 12:25 PM
The Joker's powers are the same as Alfred's.

Selrahc
2009-01-29, 12:35 PM
The Joker's powers are the same as Alfred's.

I think you mean Robin. :smalltongue:

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-31, 05:49 AM
First the gun shot. Then the Joker's gas. Harlequin looked at Gotham and thought of The Joker. At least she avenged his death.

Joker's Gang Won

Batman detrevnisisiht
Robin iceddragons
Alfred Selrahc
Joker Blue Umbrella
Harlequin GAThraawn
Mayor dallas-dakota
Gordan Reinholdt
Two Face ThePhantom
Firefly Fin
Poison Ivy RabbitHoleLost
Scarecrow PirateMonk
Riddler Jontom Xire
Ventriloquist Aether
Scarface Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
Penguin Duos
Sugar Noir_Cat
Dr. Death Dr. Bath

Det, Iced, Selrahc

Det: Batman
Iceddragons: Robin
Selrahc: Alfred

Each night you can do one of the following things:
1) Try to beat up Penguin for information
2) Ask the commissioner for information

You can also do one of the following things.
1) See if a Role Name is in the game
2) Choose a player. You will be told their room name.

Batman can also scry a player each night.

You know Catwoman, Bane and Joe Chill are not in the game.

Blue Umbrella, GAThraawn

Blue Umbrella: The Joker
GAThraawn: Harlequin

Dallas-Dakota

You are A Member Of The Joker’s Gang Who Is Threatening The Mayor. Each night you can PM me as name. That person will be daybaned the following day. You cannot use this on yourself.

You Win If Joker’s Gang makes up 50% of the town.

Reinholdt

You are the Commissioner. Each night you can target a player, you will be told who (if anybody) they targeted.

You win if Joker’s Gang is eliminated.

The Phantom

You are Two Face. You may target a player each night. This scry looks for Batman’s Group or Joker’s Group based on factors outside your control. If the player you target is a member of the group you’re looking for, you will be told “yes” otherwise you will be told ”no”.

Fin

You are Firefly. At any point, you can set the building you’re in on fire. This kills you and anyone who targets you.

RabbitHoleLost

You are Poison Ivy. You can target two players each night. The first player will then target the second player.

PirateMonk

You are the Scarecrow. You have one dose of fear gas left. You have target a player once during the night, that player will be voided and unable to talk the next day.

Jontom Xire

You are the Riddler. You can target a player each night. Somebody other than you, will be sent that player’s (the one you targeted) role information.

Aether

You are the Ventriloquist. As long as Scarface lives, you can target a player. That player will be both baned and voided.

Fullbladder

Duos

You are The Penguin. As the Head of the Iceberg Lounge Nightclub you get a lot of information. Target a player, you will then be told their role name.

Noir Cat

You are Ventriloquist or Sugar. If the other Ventriloquist dies you may gain access to this power. As long as Scarface lives you can kill a player each night.

You win if all the Bad Guys are dead.
(If you have any ideas for Batman roles, I’d love to read them)

Dr. Bath

You are Doctor Death. You have a killing potion (you don’t know what it does) you can give this potion to other players. The potion cannot be used, only given.

You win if all the Bad Guys are dead.

Note: Does nothing

Dr. Bath
2009-01-31, 06:09 AM
Dagnit! So close.

Also: worst. role. in the game. You coulda made the death potion do something. Like... if I die, whoever I gave the potion to dies as well. Something like that. It wouldn't have done anything in this game, but at least it woulda done something.

That was a good game though. Thanks. If only all those people hadn't auto-lynched...

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-31, 06:42 AM
Its main purpose was so, if you gave it to a member of the town. You could go. "A gave a potion to N." Then N would go. "I did get a potion that night."

Dr. Bath
2009-01-31, 06:43 AM
Thanks for that. Reaally helpful. :smallannoyed: :smalltongue:

@v No. You would never have known, since it did nothing.

Boo
2009-01-31, 06:53 AM
Eh? So I'd of only known I was given a potion if I were a good guy?

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-31, 07:04 AM
You were told.

Boo
2009-01-31, 07:10 AM
Not to my knowledge.

Emperor Demonking
2009-01-31, 07:35 AM
I did. Its still in my sent items.

Boo
2009-01-31, 09:06 AM
>> Then I probably deleted it. I was getting a lot of PM's while playing this game.