PDA

View Full Version : Kierce: Jacob's Crossing

AngelAndrius
2008-12-28, 06:39 PM
Hello people and welcome to good old fashioned DnD 3.5 style.

This will be the In Character (IC) channel, there is a like-named OOC channel for general bsing and what not.

When we start our game, please have everything in game in bold.

i.e "Have at thee, devious scoundrel!" Cullinane swings wildly, but fails to strike his foe, at all. lolz

have relevant rolls either before or after your bold text.

YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO POST EVERY 72 HOURS MINIMUM

If you fail to do so for whatever reason, I will make a ghost post for you i.e a post I believe would be in character and proper actions taken.

For now I invite you to do some pre-game discussion about your characters. Who are they, why they hang out etc etc. I would like pretty established relationships before we start to avoid initial awkwardness. I will post Homebrew (my personal deviant rules) stuff here shortly that I expect with this game.

For now have at it!

___________ Edited 01/19/09

Homebrew Rules

Posting Etiquette: Posting will be a free for all while out of combat, while in combat, we will be posting in order of initiative, combat will not continue until the proper person has posted in the correct order. There are no retroactive posts, so follow the chronology of the post before you (be creative in the lapse in you character's response).

I will be rolling all saves and initiative rolls (to speed up the process).

I will also secretly be rolling all sense motive and hide/move silently checks.

Please when we are in combat, have a constant running sub-post of your core stats including HP, AC, saves and any and all status affects on your character (like haste or poisons, ability damage).

Character creation. Everyone should know that we are sticking to the three core books for the first 5 lvls. PH, MM, DMG and are starting at lvl1.
=> Maximum HP at level 1.
=> Upon reaching 6th level players may pull from outside resources, please run everything by me via email or private message on the forums.
=> At 7th level you may retrain one level at a time (5th level upon reaching 7th) everytime you level.
=> There is a 32 point buy system for ability score generation (rules for such found in DMG).
=> Characters will also be given 5 free skill points in any craft or profession skill.

Natural 20's add +10 to any roll (i.e. +5 to hit with a dagger = 35 to hit)
=> To confirm a critical strike, roll a second attack using the same modifiers. If you fail to "hit" on the confirmation roll, you do normal dmg with your weapon. If you suceed, you apply all crit modifiers.
=> You may roll a third time if you roll a natural 20 when confirming a crit. If that third roll is a natural 20 again it is an auto kill, this applies to players as well.
=> If your target's AC is higher than a natural 20 would give you to hit, you will always miss unless you roll three natural 20's, this still results in an auto kill.

Conversely, any natural 1 on a roll applies a -11 (so as if you rolled a 0) penalty to the result (using the same dagger example, +5 to hit results in a
-5 to hit)

Reflex saves. If you are able to succeed on any reflex save and a willing target your size category or smaller is adjacent to you, you may choose to cover that object or individual with your body. If you a fast enough to get out of the way, you are fast enough to protect something or someone.
=> If you chose to cover someone for a reflex save, you take 150% of any applicable damage. If you have evasion, you take 100% of the damage. Improved evasion, you only take 50%. The covered target takes no damage.
=> You must declare a covering before damage is rolled but you may cover after save rolls are made.
=> Inanimate objects are always willing.

Total Concealment
=> Instead of 50% miss chance when you pick the correct square, now a flat 80% miss chance no battle map nonsense needed.

Ability score increases. We will be accelerating the increase to a +1 bonus to any ability score every even level but you may not chose the same ability consecutively i.e. you may alternate strength and constitution.

There is a random Spirit Generation Table for GM's eyes only for any arcane magic cast or magic items used. This is based on three factors; spell level, number of spells cast, and frequency of spells.

I will deal with any divine magic users on a case by case basis in private.

Please use the forum dice roller for all necessary game mechanics.

Core Rules Here (http://www.d20srd.org/)

Feats Here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/featsform.pl) (for when we break out of the core rules at 6th lvl)

**I am debating adopting a vitality points system to possibly speed up combat. I am also considering increasing feat aquisition**

Rules subject to change at anytime.

Divanance
2008-12-30, 05:11 PM
Devon Mordison:

Devon will begin the campaign having just celebrated his 16th birthday. He stands around 5'10, has dark brown hair with matching eyes, is slender in build and has a seemingly very agreeable even charming personality. This charm has saved Devon on more then one occasion as it has become well known he is quite fond of practical jokes and generally laughing at the misfortunes of others. None of this seems malicious however as Devon is more interested in having a good time then actually causing harm.

Occasionally Devon will display some darker sides of his personality but will usually quickly cover up such lapses. His friends and most of the town are well aware that despite Devon's generally friendly, happy personality his home is not quite such a nice place. Devon is an only child. His mother and younger brother both died of a wasting disease when Devon was but 9 years old. This lead his father to a dark depression that he has yet to emerge from. It is well known that Devon's father is a drunk, and a mean drunk at that. Devon has unfortunately suffered the consequences of his father's anger at the loss of his wife and son, and the powerful influence his drinking has over him.

Devon spends the majority of his time helping his father with the family business, which is the trading and breeding of horses. Devon's father is the chief horse merchant for as far as anyone in the town knows and because of this its been said that Devon's father takes advantage of the situation. Whether this is just angry grumbling or actual fact no one really knows as there really isn't anything to compare the prices to. Regardless, Devon has taken to the art of selling and bartering like a duck to water. His father has begun trusting him to close out some of the deals on less important customers. Devon hopes that if he does well with his father's business then his father may give him his favorite horse, Arjantus, who Devon has been riding since he was a small boy.

Despite his skill for a merchants life Devon is convinced it isn't for him. He has grand visions of exploring the world, seeing things far and wide that he has only heard of in stories. He has a fascination with ancient things although enjoys being outdoors to much to actually read the various volumes on such matters that exist in the town. As such he is quick to make presumptions on things. For instance his most prized possession is a dagger he found while out exploring the nearby woods. It is of strange make and design and Devon swears it must be some magical item from a bygone age. His friends of course discount this as pure fantasy but Devon is convinced.

All in all Devon is a free spirit who enjoys being out in the world. He likes to talk to people and learn what he can from them. He enjoys exploring the countryside and has often pulled his friends along on such adventures. As for friends i'm assuming we are going with the concepts we talked about earlier. Devon met Jimmy's character through their mutual enjoyment of exploration. As a sorcerer Jimmy's character has somewhat of a connection with kevin's which devon would know basically through proxy. When the others post their character bios we can flesh this out more.

Thats all i have for now, hastily written but it gets the point across, Cheers.

Zanatos777
2008-12-30, 08:52 PM
Christopher Lir

Chris, as he is called by most, is eleven years old and fascinated by magic. Standing about 4’ 8” and 90 lbs he has sandy blonde hair (which is always messy) and bright blue eyes. He is an idealist seeing the world as being full of good people who oppose the evil minority. This idealist view is one that will almost certainly fade as he learns more about the world and grows older. He is known for being a very bright boy and helpful when around.

Magic and knowledge are Chris’ interests he reads any book he finds almost obsessively. Chris almost always has a book with him along with his journal which he frequently takes notes in. In his speech he inadvertently combines all the languages he knows, adding words or phrases from other languages. He also seeks answers for his strange life-like dreams. Understanding these dreams is perhaps his greatest desire.

His father, Claude, is the town blacksmith and a good natured man. Claude tries to find the best in any situation. His mother, Ashley, is a housewife who shares her husband’s character. They are quite happy with their lives and well liked by the other inhabitants of Jacob’s Crossing. Chris’ older brother Zach, age seventeen, is an adventurer in heart and mind. He hates living in Jacob’s Crossing and would much prefer to strike out on his own. Despite his loner streak Zach does care about his family in his own way. Mary, Chris’ little sister, is nine. She loves magic and always wants to know anything Chris learns about magic. Chris thinks she may have sorcerer powers but he’s not sure.

Please tell me DM if there is anything there that's a no go and I will change it. I wasn't sure about putting in the thing about dreams but I felt it would be more acceptable than saying that he sees things before they happen sometimes. Whichever you want is fine with me though.

AngelAndrius
2008-12-30, 09:57 PM
What you guys got going so far is fine. The anglo-saxxon heritage in the name's you chose is fine as Islar is going to have strong fuedal England ties and I'll actually be using these types of names. Of course fantasy names are fine as well, but for culture's sake the vowell "ae" should be avoided as it is an echo of elvish and associated with either older Islaran or modern Hurrian eras.

Please dont forget to establish reltionships with all the characters everyone.

___________ Edited 12/31/08

GAME SCHEDULED TO BEGIN SATURDAY JANUARY 10TH

Please have character sheets made and ready to go by then, with a copy sent or linked to me. You may link it in your signature if you are comfortable with everyone being able to se it.

Lord_Xaedien
2008-12-31, 05:53 PM
Isaiah Morgan,

Isaiah's life has not been easy. He has lived "in" Jacob's crossing for all his life, in a small suite of rooms set on the second floor of the general store that his father owned. The store was ran by Mrs. Doralin, an elderly woman who was the closest thing to a mother young Isaiah had ever known.

But while this was indeed the place that Isaiah would call home, he has spent most of his life on the move, as his father would hunt local animals and negotiate with the barbarian tribes for goods not found within Islar proper. The store sold these items, and had a reputation for the "exotic" goods it carried. It sometimes attracted travelers with deep pocketbooks, but the returns in the store had always been modest at best.

At least that's how it had been up until last year, when Isaiah's father had died, as his old war wounds finally did him in. Initially, Isaiah had struggled to fill in the gaps. While the local tribal leaders knew him well from his travels with his father, the were still reluctant to put the same faith in a 14 year old. Even after he had gained their trust, the drought had all but wiped out his ability to supply the store.

Isaiah had a sharp wit and was known for his wonderful sense of humor, but his mood had become dour with his father's death. He was 5"11 and slight of build. He had the same brown hair that his father did, but his piercing blue eyes were inherited from his Mother. It was a tell-tale sign of his Hurriaen heritage.

There was a picture of her hidden away in his father's things that he had found after he had died. His parents had met during the War, when his father was a captain in the Islaran army. He had been wounded in the leg, and had been transferred to work as an assistant to one of the generals who coordinated the war efforts between Islar and Hurriae. His father didn't speak much of her beyond that, only saying that she had died during childbirth, and he had resigned his post to live in obscurity in Jacob's Crossing soon after.

Isaiah is well liked by most of the populace in Jacob's Crossing, but almost everyone who knows him grows concerned by his risk taking personality. In the wake of his father's death, there is little tying the young man to Jacob's Crossing. Instead, he longs to travel the world beyond the borderlands, and to learn more about his mother's world.

Darkfalle
2009-01-03, 05:54 PM
Valierion Kels:

Valierion, aged 15, known as Val by both his parents and most friends, was raised by a pair of gypsy wanderers that settled down on the outskirts of Jacob's Crossing, e.g. his parents.

His father Tarl, fits the general stereotype of a gypsy quite well, being a street performer who occasionally performs in one of the local inns for coin. His mother, Lissel, however is the breadwinner of the family, making fine jewelry for a living. It is for this reason that Val initially came into contact with Christopher Lirs, Chris' father provides a large portion of the metal for Lissel. His parents are both kind souls, telling him stories of their people and they love him fiercely, having lost an elder child when they left their tribe. The only thing they will not tell Val is why they left their gypsy band and settled in Jacob's Crossing.

Val possesses the gift of sorcery, or curse depending on who you ask, although he certainly wouldn't call it that. His parents theorize that the gift comes through his mother's side as her mother (Val's grandmother) was a sorceress and a seer, and her mother before her, and so on, occasionally skipping a generation or two.

Despite having settled down, Val's parents have maintained their gypsy roots to a large extent and as a result Val is possessed of the same wanderlust and love of mischief that is common in gypsies. He particularly loves exploration and pulling sometimes elaborate pranks on various people. This shared interest in exploration (and the occasional prank) has cemented a firm friendship between the two.

Despite Val's penchant for getting into trouble, he is also remarkably good at getting out of it. While he is not a bad person, he sees no problem with lying if it will get him out of trouble and frequently he does so. His parents put up with his mischievous nature, chalking it up as a case of "boys will be boys". This does not endear them with all of the inhabitants of Jacob's Crossing, but Lissel's jewelry is well liked and Tarl is a good performer so they do not suffer overmuch from it.

Physically, Val stands at about 5'9" and weighs in the neighborhood of 140 pounds, (this should give him a slender appearance) although he still has some growing to do. He is proud of his appearance and maintains a long braided ponytail of jet black hair that comes down to the small of his back. He has deep green eyes and is quick to smile with nearly pearl white teeth.

I think that's just about everything I can think of for the character, if anybody has any questions feel free to ask. I wanted to establish a relationship between Isaiah and Val but wasn't really sure what I would be permitted to do so I left it alone. Sorry about the wait everyone!

AngelAndrius
2009-01-03, 06:44 PM
I think that's just about everything I can think of for the character, if anybody has any questions feel free to ask. I wanted to establish a relationship between Isaiah and Val but wasn't really sure what I would be permitted to do so I left it alone. Sorry about the wait everyone!

That's what we have an OOC thread for people! Use it XD

Cullinane
2009-01-05, 06:00 PM
Cully Littletoe

Little Cully Littletoe, (Little Cully,or lil'Toe or Littletoe or just "Toe"). It's confusing which name he mainly goes by. Being a Halfling among humans, makes other people see him as insignificant. Most of the time, for him, that's a good thing.

Cully is a little confused at who his parents are. Well, that's not true I suppose. Cully is a little confused at who RAISED him. Coming from a big family, he was raised by his parents… and his grandparents… and his great grandparents… and his uncles and aunts and cousins and the milkmen, and the mailmen, and the thatcher, and the butcher, and the blacksmith, and… It's easy to lose count, but they are related in some form or another. The problem with such a big family is everyone knows everyone's business. Which means that when a goat gives sour milk, it's the talk of the town. *yawn*

The suffocation of his home town and his sense of adventure led him to get out on his own, eventually ending up in Jacob's Crossing. Being a quick learner, he found himself able to earn his keep by lending a hand to the local farmers, finding odd jobs available in sufficient quantities. Although with hard times now, the work available is shrinking.

All this doesn't bother Cully very much. As long as he has his bedroll, a good spot for picking mushrooms, and a new place to explore, he's as happy as a clam.

One of his favorite things to do is play with his sword. Actually, it's really a sword like stick. Well, let's be honest. It's just a stick. When he first came to Jacob's Crossing, he came across some some big folk practicing with swords (a weapon he had heard legends about but never seen a real one before). The clang of the metal on metal, the sound of it whistling through the air, the dance of those using one as if it were their limbs. It fascinated Cully.

Cully stands about 3 feet tall, has blue eyes and a mop of brown hair (with a twig or two stuck in it). He sings old folk songs to himself often, a little off key but full of cheer. He's a little bit of a monkey, as his favorite place to camp is not on the ground, but on the big limb of a tree. (it's much safer for us small folk! Although if you ask Cully, he's the right size, everyone else is just too big). By the way, never come between Little Cully Littletoe, and freshly baked pie.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-10, 12:21 AM
Posting Etiquette: Posting will be a free for all while out of combat, while in combat, we will be posting in order of initiative, combat will not continue until the proper person has posted in the correct order. There are no retroactive posts, so follow the chronology of the post before you (be creative in the lapse in you character's response).

EDIT___________________01/13/09

I will be rolling all saves and initiative rolls (to speed up the process).

I will also secretly be rolling all sense motive and hide/move silently checks.

Please when we are in combat, have a constant running sub-post of your core stats including HP, AC, saves and any and all status affects on your character (like haste or poisons, ability damage).

For now, I hope you enjoy the game!

The five of you are gathering up the evening before the Festival of Blossoms, waiting to pull off the greatest prank of all time on everyone tomorrow.

For the past few nights, Chris and Val have been playing bait to attract sprytes, the smallest of spirit phenomenon, from the edge of the nearby North Wood where Devon found his dagger. By using their respective arcane gifts, the two of them have managed to lure nearly a dozen sprytes close enough so that Isaiah, Cully, and Devon who lie in wait, would be able to capture them in various bags and satchels.

Sprytes normally are harmlessly luminescent creatures barely big enough to fit in the palm of your hand that either bounce or float about. That is not to say spryte hunting is without danger, often sprytes serve as prey to much larger and more dangerous spirits. They can also mildly shock and burn when severely agitated, which has led to singed red fingers and yelps of pain in the night from the five local would-be-pranksters. Sprytes also have the tendency to become utterly invisible in broad daylight and are only visible at night, but fortunately for the grand scheme, can still shock and burn.

In the end hard work has paid off, and you have managed to capture nearly a dozen sprytes in a large deer skin bag, keeping them happy by feeding them a cantrip every few hours. The plan thus far is to sneak into the town square and get to the Blossom Arch newly constructed in the center, woven with wild greens and flowers. More importantly, the Spring Wreaths are hung on pegs on the Arch that the village girls will grab early tomorrow to begin the Festival with some song and dance. You plan to take a bit of thread and fasten a spryte to each wreath, hidden away in the light of dawn.

The hope is that the sprytes will not take too kindly to being mashed on some girls head and spun around with a loud band banging away in the background. The glorified image of girls running and screaming in chaos with their hair on fire was enough to send most of you into fits of uncontrollable laughter for hours at a time. You figure that no one will be too hurt,if hurt at all, considering the town fountain is a few feet away.

Valierion has been the one in charge of the sprites thus far, as his parents would presumably be the most lenient if he were to be caught and he is capable of actually feeding the creatures.

Right now you are all on your way leaving your prospective homes to the stable of the Blue Rose, where Cully is currently hired to help with the increased work load from farmers traveling in for the upcoming festivities. The Blue Rose is owned by Mr. Loston and overlooks the village square itself, the perfect place to launch the operation from.

You plan to wait out the remaining part of the night in the stable and just before dawn, tie all the sprytes to the wreaths so that there’s no chance of anyone spotting them before sunrise.

Darkfalle
2009-01-10, 07:20 PM
As Val walks down the road with the others he turns and grins at them. This is going to be the best thing ever! Can you imagine the look on the face of Mae? He gleefully rubs his hands. I can't wait!

Hey Newman, I can't find the online thing for character sheets. Can you send it to me again? I have Val's sheet finished but I can't get it to you without the online thing.

Divanance
2009-01-10, 11:12 PM
Devon takes another look at the various containers the Sprytes are in making sure everything is in order. As long as the kid does his job this time instead of getting distracted it will be.Devon gives Chris a threatening look as he speaks.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-11, 12:29 AM
Isaiah smiled as he reached into his jacket. He pulled out a beautifully engraved silver flask, and twisting off the cap he turned to his friends and said, "A little something my dad left me". He took a swig from the bottle and offered it to Cully.

Zanatos777
2009-01-11, 01:36 AM
Chris looks up at Devon, I promise I won't mess up this time! He then returns to reading his book, "A Complete History of Islar" After a moment he turns to Isaiah and asks What is in that? Alcohol?

I'll get you my character sheet later.

Cullinane
2009-01-11, 08:37 PM
Cully cheerfully accepts the bottle and takes a taste. His eyes get a little wide and he starts coughing, while trying to answer Chris's question: "Well it's *cough* sure got some zing! *cough*" Cully hands the bottle back to Isaiah, and starts twirling his stick around as if he was conducting an orchestra.

Darkfalle
2009-01-12, 11:02 PM
Val looks at Chris and rolls his eyes. Of course it's alcohol, what else? Gods Chris, you can be dense! Val eyes Isaiah's flask. Give me a swig?

Zanatos777
2009-01-12, 11:32 PM
Chris sighs then returns to reading his book.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-13, 04:55 AM
Of Course, what kind of friend doesn't bring enough to share?. Isaiah's eyes narrowed as he squinted in the poorly lit night. Let's keep it down, we don't want to get caught, and ruin everything we worked for.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-13, 10:43 AM
As the group quiets down, only the soft crunch of your boots on the dried out mud of the street can be heard in the still night air. You pass by silent homes and stores in the darkness, some you recognize; the eccentric Mr. Tindelore's tailoring shop, Silken Dreams, Chris's parents smithery, The Copper Shoe the great horseshoe hangs still from its post. All windows are dark in this late hour of the night. Really the only souls awake at this hour should be the two watchmen, Hans and Robert. They patrol every hour or so through the dark streets of Jacob's Crossing so you all made sure to leave your homes after watching to make sure they complete their previous circuit, giving you time to get to the Blue Rose.

Cully silently reaches into his pocket to grip the key to the Rose's stables, just to make sure it was still there.

As you turn the corner, the softly illuminated Blue Rose can be seen at the end of the street. Mr. Loston always tries to keep his inn lit to welcome wayward travelers. Its good luck he says. The rose bushes that give the inn its name cannot be seen from this distance, but you know that the poor things are struggling to even produce stunted blossoms this drought.

Until I get character sheets :smallannoyed: anyone who has not sent me a copy or link will be rolling straight dice without any modifiers.

Listen checks

Isaiah: [roll0]
Devon: [roll1]
Chris: [roll2]
Val: [roll3]
Cully: [roll4]

edits will be made in response to roll results

Val you think you hear something, but you are not entirely sure. It could have easily been at the edge of thought, only in your mind.

Isaiah you unmistakably hear a scream in the distance, probably from the edge of town. Its not the scream of a surprised homewife at seeing her laundry spilled on the ground. More like the scream of death. One you've heard a dozen times from the beasts you've tracked and killed in the Wood. Only this time it is undoubtedly human...

Chris, you don't even hear the upcoming responses from Isaiah and Valierion being too absorbed in your book. A particularly exciting chapter on the Kosh Town Rebellion.

Zanatos777
2009-01-13, 03:26 PM
Chris hums softly while enjoying the Kosh Town Rebellion. Really a short sighted rebellion if one was to ask Chris. After all...

Darkfalle
2009-01-13, 05:10 PM
Val pauses, and turns his head, listening, for a moment.

Spot Check to notice Isaiah's reaction:
[roll0]

I'll respond further when I know whether I succeeded or not.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-13, 05:36 PM
Val notices Isaiah has paused too.

Darkfalle
2009-01-13, 05:54 PM
Valierion looks at Isaiah slowly. I thought I heard... Did you hear something?

Zanatos777
2009-01-13, 06:43 PM
Chris continues to notice nothing, so he hums and reads by the glow stick.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-13, 08:57 PM
Someone is in trouble

With that, Isaiah begins running towards the sound of the noise.

(not sure how close I am, but I would like to make a stealth check when I get close to the scream, if I can tell that)

Divanance
2009-01-13, 09:50 PM
Devon turns to look at his friends. Its probably just.... oh hell.He cuts off mid sentence seeing Isaiah take off and proceeds to follow him

Darkfalle
2009-01-13, 10:04 PM
What about the spry... Damn it Isaiah! Val sighs and looks at Chris, throwing him the bag of sprytes. Here, you take them. Come on Cully, Chris, we might as well follow them. Val takes on last look in the direction Isaiah headed, shakes his head and starts sprinting after them.

Zanatos777
2009-01-13, 10:12 PM
Chris looks up in time to see the bag clumsy catching it. What's going on Val? Then he realizes he needs to run to catch up with everyone, so he does.

Darkfalle
2009-01-13, 10:33 PM
I don't know Chris, I heard something and I guess Isaiah heard it better Val shouts over his shoulder as he runs. Now come on, both of you, let's get moving!

Cullinane
2009-01-13, 10:41 PM
Cully runs after everyone else. I didn't hear anything. Wait up!

AngelAndrius
2009-01-14, 07:37 PM
As Isaiah sprints off into the night towards the northern edge of town, the rest of you make haste to follow him. The well worn roads of Jacob's Crossing, rutted from constant wagon use, are almost impossible to navigate at this speed at night without a light. You can't help but to stumble once or twice, following Isaiah.

Once Isaiah reaches the outer ring of buildings he stops and ducks around a corner, attempting to not be seen while still being able to observe the surroundings outside.

As you all approach the the location where Isaiah ducked aside, you hear an unmistakable scream of a man, "Help! Oh please, someone! Aaargh!" It sounds as if the man is past the tree line of the North Wood.

Spot Checks with edits to follow

Chris: 1d20+1
Cully: 1d20+1
Devon: 1d20
Isaiah: 1d20+5
Valierion: 1d20+2

Still missing Devon's character sheet.

EDIT
Well rolls didn't work, see next post.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-14, 07:43 PM
Chris [roll0]
Cully [roll1]
Devon [roll2]
Isaiah [roll3]
Valierion [roll4]

No one sees anything from the edge of town.

A moth flies into Devon's eye, blinding him and causing him to yelp out in surprise and pain.

LOL good job team!

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-15, 03:16 PM
Isaiah raises his hand and motions for everyone to spread out.Move slowly, and quietly.... let me lead the way! You see Isaiah crouch close to the ground and push forward to the woods.

(please roll a move silently check for me)

Zanatos777
2009-01-15, 03:22 PM
Chris does as Isaiah says.

Darkfalle
2009-01-15, 05:28 PM
Val stares at Isaiah incredulously. You want us to go into the woods, at night, to investigate screaming noises? Just because you're crazy doesn't mean the rest of us are. Screw this, I'm heading to the inn. Chris, Devon, Cully come on. Val starts walking back in the direction of the inn, slowly as he waits for the others to follow.

Zanatos777
2009-01-15, 07:19 PM
Chris looks between Isaiah and Val then decides that the woods are scary at night and follows Val.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-15, 07:59 PM
Isaiah turned back at Val's words and starred in disbelief as his friends abandoned him to the cold woods. Visibly showing his frustration, he turned to his friends Cully and Devon I don't know about the two of you, but my Father didn't raise a coward who would abandon someone in need. Yeah its scary, but I dont plan on sitting my arse in this town for the rest of my life scared of the world, because it's NOT a nice place. He shot one last pleading glance at his two friends, noticeably disheartened. He turned to the woods, and slowly disappeared.

Darkfalle
2009-01-15, 09:10 PM
Val looks over his shoulder to see Isaiah disappear into the woods and does and abrupt about face. Damn it Isaiah, get back here! Val loudly whispers. Receiving no reply he sighs and grits his teeth. Fine. Damn you. Let's do what the idiot says. Val gets on his stomach and starts crawling into the woods after Isaiah.

PS. I think we should stop posting as Isaiah and Valierion until everyone else has posted.

Cullinane
2009-01-16, 01:36 AM
Cully pulls out his stick, waving it in front oh himself, and starts to follow after Isaiah. He turns his head towards everyone behind and says in a hushed tone "I don't know about you guys, but my curiosity is outweighing my fear. There's 5 of us! c'mon!"

Zanatos777
2009-01-16, 10:00 AM
Um, okay I'm coming too. Sorry Isaiah.

Divanance
2009-01-16, 07:18 PM
Devon stares after his friends, considering the situation. Isaiah's words have little effect on him as per usual he finally makes his decision based on his own experience and impulses. He quickly and quietly crosses the ground between where he is standing and the woods, catching up to Isaiah. It is difficult for his friends to tell what he is thinking, the only outward sign of nervousness is the death grip he has on his dagger. He nods to his friends when he catches up to them then surveys the scene in the woods.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-16, 07:29 PM
Spot Checks once you are inside the tree line.

Chris: [roll0]
Cully: [roll1]
Devon:[roll2]
Isaiah: [roll3]
Valierion: [roll4]

Val, you loose your orientation in the dark wood. The reviled red glow of the Black Moon gives you a nauseating headache in such an ancient place, amongst the gnarled and twisted boughs. Their creaking despair fills your head, reverberating till nothing is left... It only lasts a moment, but you were unable to notice anything in the real.

What is with all these crit fails?! lol

Devon amongst the soft red light, your eyes sharpen and notice a lump on a nearby deer trail. You caught it by a small glitter of metal, probably a cloak clasp or a coin. Cully, you catch Devon's eye and you both realize you've spotted the same thing.

Cully immediately begins to walk toward the person lying on the floor to try and help them.

From the brush to left, there is a deep rumbling that builds slowly for a moment, but only from a moment. With savage and rabid ferocity, a huge furry beast breaks out from brush, sending twigs and branches flying.

After a brief moment, you recognize the form of a bear charging at you with the clear intent to kill. The odd thing is that it seems to have glowing green eyes...

AngelAndrius
2009-01-16, 08:17 PM
Iniative Checks

Chris: [roll0]
Cully: [roll1]
Devon: [roll2]
Isaiah: [roll3]
Valierion: [roll4]
??? Bear: [roll5]

Please remember to post in order of initiative during combat AND your running sub post.

Isaiah first, then the bear, then in order.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-17, 02:12 PM
Isaiah reaches back to pull out his bow. He nervously shakes as he grabs at an arrow... this wasnt like killing deer.

He fires off a shot towards the bear

[roll0]

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-17, 02:39 PM
(i wasn't sure if I did my own damage roll or not since I don't know the ac)

this is assuming point blank shot

[roll0]

Combat Stats
HP= 9
AC= 15
Fort= 3
Ref= 5
Will= 1
Ongoing Effects= None

AngelAndrius
2009-01-17, 06:32 PM
Isaiah's arrow sinks deeply into the shoulder of the bear. The beast screams in feral rage and spares a moment to try and snap at the arrow embedded in its flesh. But in a split second, the fierce green eyes fixate on Isaiah, filling his mind to the point where nothing else exists.

The bear charges Isaiah, seemingly unimpeded by the forest floor. With a great feral roar, the bear half rears and with one great burly paw swipes at Isaiah's fragile head.

Attack [roll0]

Damage [roll1]

Isaiah is knocked to the forest floor, a sickening crunch echoing in the night. The lad manages to stumble to his feet a few paces away from the beast.

Cullinane
2009-01-17, 07:08 PM
As the bear knocks Isaiah to the ground, Cully lets out a fierce yell (well, as fierce as a halfling can sound I suppose) and jumps towards the bear, attacking it with his practice stick.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Combat Stats:
HP= 13
AC= 14
Fort= 6
Ref= 6
Will= 2
Ongoing Effects= None

AngelAndrius
2009-01-17, 07:11 PM
Cully runs up wildly to the bear and attempts to switch it across the face. The bear, moving faster than you expect is able to dodge and move its hairy head out of the way of his blow.

Darkfalle
2009-01-17, 07:21 PM
Val stares astonished at the form of the charging bear as Isaiah lets loose an arrow into the bear and only breaks out of trance once the bear has successfully dodged Cully's stick. He shakes himself out of it and begins to chant the words to a spell.

Honestly, I'm not really sure how the spellcasting mechanic works in 3.5, so I'll just tell you I'm casting sleep at the bear.

Combat Stats:

HP: 4
AC: 12
FORT: 0
REF: 2
WILL: 2
Ongoing Effects: None

AngelAndrius
2009-01-17, 07:27 PM
Vals instinctual arcane powers spring forth in defense of his friend. Chris thoughtfully notices this as an abnormally unstructured way of casting a spell. The arcane forces seem to flow like a wild mountain stream from him.

The bear pauses as Val's spell sinks in.

DC: 14 (as my best estimate from your character sheet, correct me if I'm wrong)

Will save: [roll0]

The hairy fiend shudders and pauses...

Violently the bear jerks in the direction of Val, a new hatred kindled in its eyes...

Around Val a small blue spryte appears gently wafting around his feet.

Zanatos777
2009-01-18, 12:41 PM
I suppose we will pretend I delayed. Chris not wanting his friends to get hurt casts cause fear at the bear.

HP: 6
AC: 10
FORT: 2
REF: 0
WILL: 3

Divanance
2009-01-19, 12:29 AM
After getting over the initial shock of seeing a giant bear randomly charge out of the woods, Devon draws his dagger. Seeing the bear charge his friends he swings around behind to get a stab at the bear

Sneak Attack Roll [roll0]
Damage Attack Roll [roll1]
Sneak Attack Damage [roll2]

Combat stats

Hp 7
AC 13
Fort 1
Reflex 5
Will 2

AngelAndrius
2009-01-19, 10:03 AM
Devon attempts to thrust his dagger into the bear's flank, but at the instant the bear turns to focus on Val, Devon's strike sails through empty air.

I suppose we will pretend I delayed. Chris not wanting his friends to get hurt casts cause fear at the bear.

HP: 6
AC: 10
FORT: 2
REF: 0
WILL: 3

I guess this happens now. :smallamused:

The structured almost mathematical spell manifests itself. The fear spell flys true like an arrow right to the heart of the beast.

DC: 14

[roll0]

Isaiah's action will take place before the bear attempts to flee.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-19, 01:31 PM
(Okay, now to not screw up the friggin bbc code!)

Isaiah tumbled backwards from the force of the bear's blow. He someone managed to steady himself on his feet. He watched his friends attack the bear as he struggled to catch his breath. he watched the bear turn to face Val.

Isaiah took a few steps back from the bear, and notched another arrow, hoping to be able to finish the bear before it struck another one of his friends

Attack[roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Combat Stats
HP= 4
AC= 15
Fort= 3
Ref= 5
Will= 1
Ongoing Effects= None

AngelAndrius
2009-01-19, 01:57 PM
Isaiah's arrow barely skims the head of the bear, tearing the scalp.

The full effects of Christopher's spell finally sink into the bear. With one feral scream the beast turns around and charges into the forest. You can't but help release a sigh of relief, letting go of the breath you didn't know you've been holding. For a moment at least, you all are safe.

1d4 rounds of fear, the bear is moving double speed, night and forest granting full concealment.

Cullinane
2009-01-19, 04:26 PM
Cully, looking at Isaiahs wounds, is torn between fleeing while there's still time, or hunting down the beast before it claims another victim. Not wanting to waste any time, he loads his sling, takes aim and lets loose.

Attack:
[roll0]

damage:
[roll1]

fleeing bear chance to hit thingy:
[roll2]

Combat Stats:
HP= 13
AC= 14
Fort= 6
Ref= 6
Will= 2
Ongoing Effects= None

Cully turns to his companions and in a desperate voice asks "Run?! Or fight?!"

AngelAndrius
2009-01-19, 05:08 PM
Everyone please check the updated homebrew rules concerning total concealment on the very first post.

Cully's stone sings into the night, but is heard to distinctly ricochet off a branch or trunk.

Zanatos777
2009-01-19, 10:06 PM
We should probably run and bring that guy! Chris says knowing his spell will not make the bear flee for long.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-20, 01:48 AM
I don't think that bear is going to give up... there is something weird going on. Did you guys see its eyes? Lets get up in the trees surrounding this guy... if it comes back, we have a better chance fighting it off that way!

climb check[roll0]

Divanance
2009-01-20, 06:57 AM
Devon heads to a tree close to Isaiah's. He pauses a moment to sheath his dagger then looks for a way up. Seeing some low hanging branches he grabs hold and begins to climb up

[roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-20, 08:16 AM
talking was fine i guess, (though it's going to make for some freaking confusing combat rounds eventually :smallfrown: ) but your guy's climb checks will not occur till it is actually your turn.

we are waiting on Val.

and lets try to avoid potential craziness with random posts lol.

Darkfalle
2009-01-20, 04:35 PM
Val looks at Isaiah with a panicked look on his face. Can't bears climb trees?! Despite his misgivings Valierion begins to climb the nearest tree.

1d20+0

Combat Stats:

HP= 4
AC= 12
Fort= 0
Ref= 2
Will= 2
Ongoing Effects= None

PS. Apparently my roll failed, I'll try again in the following post (editing won't make it work).

Darkfalle
2009-01-20, 04:42 PM
Here's my roll for attempting to climb that tree.

[roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-20, 07:22 PM
Val successfully manages to scamper up a tree. Hoisting himself over on branch as if riding a saddle.

Devon heads to a tree close to Isaiah's. He pauses a moment to sheath his dagger then looks for a way up. Seeing some low hanging branches he grabs hold and begins to climb up

[roll0]

lol the result was a 9

This happens now.

Devon attempts to grab hold of some branches, but as soon as he puts his foot on the trunk, he slips and falls to the ground. There was an unseen clump of loose and wet moss growing on the trunk and it easily tore and slid away under Devon's weight.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-20, 09:27 PM
Yes, if he can shimmy up the tree before we can kill him, we are in trouble. if he climbs up your tree.... jump! I don't have a better idea, but that bear needs put down!

Zanatos777
2009-01-20, 11:44 PM
Chris runs and tries to climb the nearest tree. [roll d20+0]

Hmmm, that still doesn't work...okay then ::rolls actual d20:: 6.

Chris falls flat on his ass because he never was good at tree climbing.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-21, 11:30 AM
C

OBVIOUS FAIL

I will not ever accept rolls not made with the forum roller. Just fyi, you cannot edit in or edit out your rolls. You must make a second post and that's that. Since you would have failed anyway, you don't have to repost your 6 roll. But any IRL rolls will be treated as auto fails. This is to prevent anyone from questioning your triple natural 20 roll on the last boss :smalltongue:

And I am rephrasing the combat post rule. THAT particular case of talking and whatnot was alright, but DO NOT do that anymore. Clutter gives me a headache and it will get too damn confusing with 6-7 PCs.

Just for everyone's information, the red and bold capital C at the beginning of my posts will tell you if we are still in combat.
Follow the simple rules please.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-21, 11:40 AM
C

I don't think that bear is going to give up... there is something weird going on. Did you guys see its eyes? Lets get up in the trees surrounding this guy... if it comes back, we have a better chance fighting it off that way!

climb check[roll0]

Isaiah scampers quickly up a nearby tree planting his feet on two seperate branches. Bow held at the ready.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-21, 02:04 PM
C

You all unmistakably hear the bear roar in anger. A long powerful rage sustained for what seems like an eternity.

this is the bear's turn

Cullinane
2009-01-21, 02:43 PM
Cully's eyes grow wide with fear as the bear's loud roar reaches his ears. He quickly decides that being up in a tree, rather than being on the ground seems like a decent idea. He attempts to scramble up the nearest one to him.

Climb attempt:
[roll0]

Combat Stats:
HP= 13
AC= 14
Fort= 6
Ref= 6
Will= 2
Ongoing Effects= None

AngelAndrius
2009-01-21, 02:46 PM
C

Cully with almost supernatural speed zips up a nearby maple tree. All those hours of climbing chimneys, barn lofts, and ladders really paid off in a pinch.

There is a harsh rustling of foliage in the near distance...

Darkfalle
2009-01-21, 05:34 PM
Valierion peers anxiously into the darkness down at Chris and Devon. Hurry up guys! That thing is coming back! He yells with an edge of panic in his voice. Val nervously fingers the hilt of his dagger and prepares to cast a sleep spell should the need arise.

Combat Stats:

HP: 4
AC: 12
FORT: 0
REF: 2
WILL: 2

Divanance
2009-01-24, 09:35 AM
Instead of attempting to climb the tree again Devon decides to take his chances on the ground. He kneels down by some nearby shrubs, attempting meld into the landscape.

hide check [roll0]

Zanatos777
2009-01-25, 12:15 PM
Chris tries again to climb the tree.

[roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-25, 02:13 PM
C

lol well the good news is that I roll hide/move silently/sense motive checks secretly, so your odds are much better.

Devon ducks into the nearby foliage, almost disappearing from view.

Just as Chris manages to hoist himself into the upper boughs of a 20 span conifer, the great bear bursts once more into the small clearing with the deer trail, ripping the night air with a deafening roar.

Immediatly, the beast charges Chris' tree, foam flying from its slavering maw. It briefly ducks under the conifer's boughs and begins to make its ascent.

Climb Check [roll0]

The Bear succeeds in hauling its great mass into the tree. Branches are pushed aside as it makes its climb, revealing and covering different parts of its body while the tree shakes.

No concealment or anything, just flavor.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-26, 12:37 AM
JUMP CHRIS!

Isaiah lets an arrow fly

To hit: [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Combat Stats
HP= 4
AC= 15
Fort= 3
Ref= 5
Will= 1
Ongoing Effects= None

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-26, 12:45 AM
COME ON GUYS! I HAVE HIT HIM THREE TIMES!

Darkfalle
2009-01-26, 01:16 AM
Damnit! Get out of there Chris! Val focuses his will on the bear and begins to chant the words to a sleep spell, hoping against hope that the failure of the first spell was a fluke.

HP= 4
AC= 12
Fort= 0
Ref= 2
Will= 2
Ongoing Effects= None

AngelAndrius
2009-01-26, 11:14 AM
C

Isaiah's arrow once more flies true, sinking into the back of the bear as it tries to climb the tree. The bear lets loose a low moan, obviously weakening and slips to the base of the trunk.

Val's spell surges towards the injured beast attacking it with the crackle of lightning.

Will Save (DC:14) [roll0]

The bear shudders, but does not fall into a magical sleep. There is a mild protest from the bear, but nothing as fierce as before.

Cullinane
2009-01-26, 12:29 PM
(I believe my turn was after Isaiah)

Cully seeing Chris in trouble, jumps down from his tree after the bear. He loads his sling and with a grunt, launches a stone towards the beast.

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

Combat Stats:
HP= 13
AC= 14
Fort= 6
Ref= 6
Will= 2
Ongoing Effects= None

Cullinane
2009-01-26, 12:32 PM
(rolls not displaying, trying again)

Attack:
[roll0]

Damage:
[roll1]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-26, 01:01 PM
we are out of combat! yay first team victory!

With a sickening crunch, Cully's sling stone sinks into the base of the bears skull, causing the beast's body to convulse for a brief moment. With one final jerk, the bear lies deathly still at the base of the tree.

The night is suddenly eerily quiet, nothing but the sound of your own breathing reaching your ears.

Suddenly a great green flash of light emanates from the corpse of the bear, blinding all of you slightly. As soon as it appears its gone, strangely enough you hear a whisper in the air, or perhaps in the recesses of your mind.

you fools...

Cullinane
2009-01-26, 01:53 PM
Cully, after pausing for a second to get over the initial shock of what just happened, runs over to the man laying on the ground to check if he's still alive. He nervously keeps looking back at the bear, almost as if he was worried it would get back up again.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-26, 02:19 PM
Isaiah jumps down from the tree, placing his bow carefully onto his back. Seeing Cully head for the unconscious man, He moves to the bear, slowly drawing his axe. He places a hand on the bears neck, ensuring that the beast has indeed breathed its last. He also scans the body, checking for any oddities

Knowledge nature Check [roll0]

Divanance
2009-01-26, 03:06 PM
Seeing the bear no longer moving Devon drops the stone he was preparing to throw at it. He steps out of his hiding spot and heads to join cully, taking a look at the man on the ground.

Zanatos777
2009-01-26, 03:57 PM
Chris climbs down the tree and asks softly Did you guys hear that? Then the effects of adrenaline start to wear off and he collapses against the tree.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-26, 05:51 PM
Cully kneels at the side of the figure on the trail. You see slight jagged movements of the chest, indicating at least that the individual is still breathing. As Cully gently turns him over, a few more details jump out at him. The stranger is dressed for travel in well made clothes and although it is the dead of night, Cully and Devon can tell his clothes are very dark, possibly even solid black.

His facial features are a little difficult to discern as a gaping paw wound mars his right side of the face. But, the snow white hair combined with the lack of wrinkles or other signs of old age indicate distinct Hurrian heritage.

What a Hurrian is doing out in the North Wood is anybody's guess.

Heal Check [roll0]

Cully is unaccustomed to administering first aid for these types of wounds. He is unsure if the man is dying or not or is safe to move.

Isaiah approaches the bear with caution and as soon as he reaches out to touch the neck, he immediately jerks his hand back in surprise.

The corpse of the bear is ice-cold to the touch, almost frozen.

I have emailed the results of the knowledge check to Isaiah.

Cullinane
2009-01-26, 06:29 PM
Cully bites his lip as he is unsure what to do with the injured man. "Guys! He's alive! I need help though. I don't want to hurt him. Anyone know how to aid him?"

Divanance
2009-01-26, 09:58 PM
Devon quickly crosses the remaining ground to where the man is on the ground. His only real experience with injuries dealt with horses, but he is hoping that may translate over. He looks at cully Here let me take a look.

not sure exactly if i would even be allowed a healing check here but what the hell

[roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-27, 01:08 AM
Well You can roll a heal check no problem its an untrained skill.

Also you have a +2 bonus from wis... so... I guess I'll reroll your check?

[roll0]

We will see what happens

Devon is unsure if he was any help or not. At least the guy is still breathing?

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-27, 03:06 AM
Isaiah grows concerned as he examines the bear. Something tells me this guy isnt from around here. We need to get him out of the woods quickly! Let me see if I can help you with him.

[roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-27, 12:50 PM
Isaiah quickly approaches the injured man. He has encountered many hard wounds out in the woods and knows basically what to do. He pulls a small clay vial from one of his pockets. He also takes a small water skin from his bag.

He kneels and washes the wounds as best he can, blood mixing with water and dirt. He applys the salve from his vial, using every bit of it.

As he's applying it he finds the serious source of bleeding just below the jaw line along the neck.

He quickly cuts a bit of cloak off from the stranger and uses that to apply pressure to the neck.

The stranger's breathing softens but steadies. Isaiah knows he is safe to move, but someone has to keep pressure on the neck.

Darkfalle
2009-01-27, 11:45 PM
Valierion drops from the tree and hurriedly approaches the man. He looks at Isaiah. Will he be alright?

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-28, 03:02 AM
Knowing that physical strength is not his forte, Isaiah elects to keep pressure upon the man's neck wound. Everybody Grab him I guess? If we keep him steady, he is okay to move!

Divanance
2009-01-28, 11:59 AM
Devon seems dubious of the idea of just grabbing the guy and trying to carry him. Maybe we should build some type of stretcher. We might actually make things worse if we just try to pick him up. As he is saying this he looks around at the nearby surroundings looking for some materials that could be of use.

spot check for anything that could be used for a stretcher [roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-01-28, 07:43 PM
Twilight has begun in Jacob's Crossing. Devon quickly spots some Iron Ivy destroying a nearby oak tree in the growing light of dawn. The thicker bits would be dense enough to make a makeshift stretcher but would not require nearly as much work as regular wood to cut free.

The strangers cloak would serve as a suitable joiner between the two lengths of vine.

Devon heads over and swiftly makes quick work of two suitable lengths and begins to fasten to cloak to each.

Darkfalle
2009-01-29, 12:51 AM
Devon you need any help with that? Val walks over to Devon in order to aid him in the construction of the stretcher.

Cullinane
2009-01-29, 11:36 AM
Cully moves in to help with the work. He looks over at Isaiah as they fashion the stretcher. "Something was different about that bear. I thought I heard something after it died. You were looking at it like you saw something strange."

Zanatos777
2009-01-29, 03:50 PM
Chris lifts himself up and walks shakily over to Cully and Isaiah, Yeah, I heard it too. He says with a shaky voice.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-01-29, 08:03 PM
Isaiah's face shows his concern. I think the spirits of the woods wanted this guy dead. The wood's hate strangers but this attack was more..... vicious than the ones I have heard of. Lets get him to town and gt him patched up, but I don't think we should trust him by any means.

Divanance
2009-01-30, 01:31 AM
Devon instructs his friends in the construction of the stretcher. After it is complete he says Come on help me get him onto this thing and lets get out of here in case another bear shows up.

AngelAndrius
2009-01-30, 05:02 PM
The five of you make your way out of the forest very carefully a bit at a time.

The stranger is still unconscious, but the stretcher seems to be working wonders. The scrap of cloak Isaiah is using is soaking through with blood.

When someone is hurt this bad, everyone knows to go to Granny Dodara's house near the center of town. No one knows more about injuries and how to treat them than her. You'd better hurry as today for the festival Granny Dodara is going to be heading out into the wilderness as early as possible to seek out the blessings of the spirits for the whole town. You don't have time to track her down in the woods.

The gray light of dawn is turning to gold as the sun begins to peak over the horizon.

AngelAndrius
2009-02-01, 01:31 AM
ok lol more nudging i guess

You quickly clear the distance from the tree line. There are some rustlings of life from the town, a wagon cart here a door opening there, but nothing visible.

You are beginning to labor under the strain of carrying the stranger, your breaths becoming haggard and sweat beading on your forehead.

Even with dawn barely here, you can tell it's going to be another scorcher today.

As you come up to Granny's house you can't help but sigh in relief. The old midwife is just closing her front door, traveler's pack and walking stick at the ready.

"My oh my. What have we here?" she says, adjusting her hat on her head while she leans over the stranger.

"Well best bring him inside while you five explain what trouble you've run into now."

She turns from you, unlocks her heavy wooden door and holds it aside for you.

Zanatos777
2009-02-01, 10:41 AM
We bring the man inside.

I assume everyone is okay with that.

Cullinane
2009-02-01, 10:47 PM
Cully helps bring him inside and turns to Granny. "He was attacked by a... an animal. Can you do something?"

Divanance
2009-02-01, 11:02 PM
He was mauled pretty badly Devon says gesturing to the blood soaked bandages, If we don't do something soon I don't think hes going to make it.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-02-01, 11:56 PM
He pissed off the spirits of the forest pretty bad from the looks of things. Can you patch him up while we go get the INSERT APPROPRIATE LAW OFFICER HERE

AngelAndrius
2009-02-02, 01:33 AM
[B][COLOR="Orange"] INSERT APPROPRIATE LAW OFFICER HERE

lol l2 town npc? i already posted about the watchmen hans and robert? how manny friggin cops do you think this town can pack in?

AngelAndrius
2009-02-05, 12:30 AM
Granny pauses at the mention of spirits. "Not a good sign today. Not good at all."

"What exactly happened? Where did you find him?"

Granny move to her cabinets and pulls various herbs and salves from the shelves. Their scent rises to near overpowering as Granny twists off lids and begins to go to work with her pestle and mortar.

"Lay him down on the spare bed upstairs. Gently now! And someone give me details of the attack."

Cullinane
2009-02-05, 02:48 PM
"Well we didn't actually see him get attacked. We just heard him shouting and came over, finding him on the ground like this. Then a big damn hairy bear came crashing out of the bushes chasing us." Cully looks over at his companions, wondering if he should go on.

Divanance
2009-02-05, 04:11 PM
Devon nods to Cully to continue then motions for his friends holding the stretcher to start heading upstairs.

Cullinane
2009-02-06, 11:11 AM
"And then..." Cully starts to feel a little worn out by the nights events. "We killed the bear in self defense."

Zanatos777
2009-02-08, 03:25 PM
Chris nods slowly at Cully's statement.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-02-09, 07:43 PM
[my apologies, the forums somehow removed my last post.

Granny, the bear was possessed by spirits. I am not sure what that means about this stranger, but have you ever seen anything like this before?

AngelAndrius
2009-02-10, 07:04 AM
Devon and Val, along with the help of Chris manage to hoist the stranger up the second floor. "Damn this guy is heavy!" Val croons from the steps. Granny snaps in his direction "Watch your tongue, young man!" The three manage to push aside the old wooden door nd walk the stranger to a large, gothic bed with pristine sheets while Val mutters darkly.

Cully stays downstairs talking with Granny as the three return, clomping down the stairs back to the group.

"Hmm I see. I have only heard rumors, Isaiah. Well, I won't ask what you five were doing out and about before dawn in the first place..." she says, giving you a slightly stern look.

"Hurry on out now, there is a party after all. I'll have this young man on his feet before dinner." She ushers you out with sweeping arm movements, crowding you out of her home.

Sorry I was late, had some heavy work and school shiz that went down. Also Val has hardcore misssed his 72 too, so consider the above his post, I guess.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-02-10, 01:04 PM
Granny is lying to us about not knowing anything. And I am gonna find out more. Don't follow unless you know how to sneak around. I will let you guys know if I find anything out...unlike most of you guys, I won't be missed at the party.

With that, Isaiah heads to the back of Granny's house

The goal is to find a spot to eavesdrop on granny... climbing up and trying to sit outside the window, etc. Let me know what rolls you would like, or you can make them

AngelAndrius
2009-02-10, 09:10 PM
and yes isaiah and cully made a sense motive check.

As soon as Isaiah finishes talking, a young man turns the corner running hastily towards Granny Dodara's place.

Nyrax
2009-02-10, 09:37 PM
You recognize the figure coming around the corner as Aleister, a boy from the outskirts of town. He doesn't hesitate a moment, running right over to the group outside of the house and asks:

Is it true? Did you guys find a body?

Aleister sees Isaiah trying to get a better look at the house. Suddenly curious as to why they have been left outside, Aleister lowers his voice to a whisper, and tries to help Isaiah out in any way he can.

Aid Another:
[roll0]

AngelAndrius
2009-02-11, 05:26 PM
result was an 8

Isaiah you hear the clumsy footfalls of a new individual trying to follow you. You turn and see another village youth following you, Aleister.

Aleister hears a couple snickers behind him as he rights the garden shovel he knocked over, a red blush growing on his face.

Aleister has joined the party.

Lord_Xaedien
2009-02-11, 06:56 PM
Isaiah slows his pace to granny's. Slow down a bit there! Your welcome to come with, but lets be careful. Isaiah turns and tries to blend into the bushes, trying to find an appropriate place to climb up

move silently [roll0]
spot (something to make the climb check easier) [roll1]
climb [roll2]

Darkfalle
2009-02-11, 07:32 PM
Valierion stares at the two in disbelief and shakes his head. I'm all for a good prank now and then but this...? He sighs and whispers loudly after them. Are you guys forgetting our appointment with a certain group of obnoxious girls later?

AngelAndrius
2009-02-11, 07:50 PM
As if in response to Val's words, the sounds of a few musicians tuning up their instruments float to you on the air. There is an exited murmuring as well, probably folks who've gotten up early, excited for the festival to start.

Isaiah moves stealthily to the back of Granny's house. The back has a compost heap of human refuse and old food, creating a rich mix for the small but very tidy garden. Not an uncommon practice in the cities villages and towns of Islar.

The garden itself seems to hold very few food items but rather it's filled with all sorts of strange plants never before seen at a dinner meal.

Knowledge Nature if any of you are interested in the herbs/medicine etc.

Isaiah spots an ivy crawling up the back of the house and immediately grasps at the opportunity to scale the building. Unfortunately, the vine isn't nearly strong enough to get him to eye level with the second story window and he finds himself stuck halfway there.

"Get down from there Isaiah, this is stupid." Devon calls from below. "What do you expect to learn? Granny's patient is unconscious, you think she's gonna babble Dark Secrets to herself? Like a child eating monster?" He smirks at Isaiah's attempts at espionage.

"C'mon we'll check back later. There's a party to get to."

obviously devon's post rp post for now.

AngelAndrius
2009-02-14, 10:23 PM
this game is cancelled until further notice.

Darkfalle
2009-02-17, 11:03 AM
Valierion casts Ray of Frost at the DM.