PDA

View Full Version : New Campaign for 2009... RP...

Gardakan
2008-12-28, 10:19 PM
I play with some roleplay in my last game but my players want more profound into roleplay. So i want to give each of my 3 players 2 characters with his personality.

On a other side i want to write a book that tell the adventure of that party named the company of the traveller.

So i want 6 archetypes of character. But i don't want to copy Forgottens Realms or Dragonlance but i have think to that for beginning...

1 elf druid 3. But that elf have some drow blood and he had been rejected from his town.

1 human cleric of X. He travelled so far in the world to pay his secret debt to the supreme priest.

I need four mores...

Gardakan
2008-12-28, 10:40 PM
Anyone help please

Inyssius Tor
2008-12-28, 11:14 PM
You've really got to give threads more time before bumping them. :smallwink:

2: giving players multiple characters each and expecting them to roleplay? Bad idea, generally speaking.

3: writing a book (a book?!) about the campaign? Before the campaign actually happens? I think there's some miscommunication going on here (is English not your first language?), but it's always worth repeating that you should almost always, unless you're a true master of your art, resist the urge to over-plot your campaign. Players are always really good at ruining your elaborate plots, but you should let them. If they jump the narrative rails, run with it; have a plan for that possibility, but don't force them back onto the metaphorical tracks.

Gardakan
2008-12-28, 11:17 PM
I don't talk and write English commonly(but i speak very well i'm from Quebec)... i speak very well French and i'm good at writing(i'm a kind of artist if you want...). For my pleasure i just want to write a book about that based on Dragonlance.

I reall y love to developpe a character similar to Sturm. He's my favorite from a far...

Do you suggest me to give each player 1 character and to play the 3 others like NPC by my way. I will know very well how they act...

Tsotha-lanti
2008-12-28, 11:30 PM
A roleplaying game is not a book. Don't mix up the two. Adding NPCs to a party - especially in such great numbers - is a terrible idea.

Write the book you want, but don't mix it up with your game. Play a different story.

Gardakan
2008-12-28, 11:34 PM
Can i inspire my with those adventures... it's that i want to experiment...

Lert, A.
2008-12-28, 11:48 PM
Traveler theme, eh?

Halfling druid. Raised by a nomadic tribe and taught to live from off the land but not to be attached to a single location.

Gnome fighter. A soldier of his nation he fought in many battles against invaders and against the enemies of his nation. His nation found stronger protectors and he became displaced, looking for a cause that will make his only talents useful.

Dwarf wizard that got used to a life of wandering after fulfilling a quest to find the perfect ingredient for his ale.

Gardakan
2008-12-29, 10:52 AM
I like the gnome fighter and the halfling druid... i will take it...

Another_Poet
2008-12-29, 11:06 AM
Gardakan, I have to agree with what others have said above.

If you are writing the story, what are your players doing? They want to control their characters. They want to make decisions. They're not actors, you cannot put them in a story you write yourself.

Write your book with any 6 characters you want - but do it on your own. For D&D, let your players play 3 characters that THEY create.

You will all be happier this way.

ap

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-12-29, 12:43 PM
If you're writing a book just for the enjoyment of the story and not to actually try to become a published author, I recommend keeping notes, Wiki-style, of your adventures. Which of course, is written after the gaming sessions. Not only is it entertaining to look back at the storyline which you AND your players have created, it's also useful so everyone can keep track of the different NPCs, etc.

I would say no more than one NPC as an integral part of the party for an extended period of time. Usually works well if that NPC is a healer, I think.

Gardakan
2008-12-29, 03:18 PM
I write... i've write like 3 000 words in two days...

at last i will send that to a company

Another_Poet
2008-12-29, 03:20 PM
Well, as a fellow author, I wish you good luck!

Gardakan
2008-12-29, 03:30 PM
As a author with great experience i say thanks.." XD

You must find that i write English with some difficulties... it's normal it's my second langage i write in french...