PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding a feat

supermrjmt
2008-12-28, 11:23 PM
Is there a feat that gives a +2 bonus on 3 skills of your choice or something like that? I need a feat that allows me to keep my skills essentially maxed out and still have 6 extra points to spend on skill tricks from the Complete Scoundrel. The hard part is you cannot "save" points for later and you can only gain one skill trick per level. The skills I need maxed are Concentration, Spellcraft, Diplomacy, Perform, and Sleight of Hand.

Chineselegolas
2008-12-28, 11:47 PM
Closest I can think of off the top of my head is a feat that gives 5 skill points... Can't recall the name or the book though... Think it was CAdv...

The feats the give bonus' to skills only give +2 to two skills, and I don't believe any of them hit your requirements

FMArthur
2008-12-28, 11:53 PM
Open Minded (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Open_Minded)

Paramour Pink
2008-12-28, 11:59 PM
There's nothing that does exactly what you want, to my knowledge. Assuming you're talking 3.5, I'm only aware of skills that give two set skills +2.

Off the top of my head, these are Negotiatior (+2 Diplomacy & Sense Motive), Persuassion (+2 Intimidate & Bluff), Acrobatic (+2 Jump & Tumble), Agile (+2 Balance & Escape Artist), and Deft Hands (+2 Sleight of Hand & Use Rope). There are a few others, but none that hit the skills you've listed, at least that I can remember.

The closest thing I can think of to what you want is the Exalted feat called Nymph's Kiss (+2 on all Charisma-based skills). It also gives you +1 extra skill point every level since the level you take it.

supermrjmt
2008-12-29, 12:02 AM
You can't save skill points and you can only get one skill trick per level. Even if Open Minded gave six points, I don't think you could get all of the tricks, right?

Chineselegolas
2008-12-29, 12:07 AM
You have 5 skills you want maxed. If they each take it in turns to not get one (or two, haven't paid much attention to skill tricks), when you take open minded could then top them off.
Is it one acquired per level, or one known per level?

If the later than just just acquire multiple skill tricks at once later on in your adventuring career when you get the extra skill points

supermrjmt
2008-12-29, 12:19 AM
You have 5 skills you want maxed. If they each take it in turns to not get one (or two, haven't paid much attention to skill tricks), when you take open minded could then top them off.
Is it one acquired per level, or one known per level?

If the later than just just acquire multiple skill tricks at once later on in your adventuring career when you get the extra skill points

Huh? Sorry, I'm kinda tired and didn't quite understand that. I need to learn 3 skill tricks. Each one costs two points. You can only learn one trick each level.

Curmudgeon
2008-12-29, 12:27 AM
There's no such feat. However, a Tome of Clear Thought will give you what you want. Out of your price range? Then you're better off taking some Rogue levels.

supermrjmt
2008-12-29, 12:48 AM
:smallfrown:

Is there anyway to acheive this if I take only two skill tricks?

ericgrau
2008-12-29, 12:59 AM
Simplest answer seems to be just don't keep those skills maxed out. Let them get behind a little, then take open minded every time you're a total of 5 or more points behind.