PDA

View Full Version : So have these gift cards...

Xyk
2008-12-29, 02:13 AM
My 16th birthday party took place this evening and I now have $40 to Best Buy, and $15 dollars to my local comic store (also sells various geek items). I don't know what to get. I have only a PS2 as far as gaming goes.

My Best Buy options have been pretty much narrowed down to:
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
iPod Touch (I'd have to spend most of my cash money as well)
Force Unleashed
...perhaps something else

Comic store sounds like a walk around and browse thing...

Has anyone played those games or have any suggestions?
((I'm terrible at decisions))

reorith
2008-12-29, 02:25 AM
force unleashed was a disappointment and i never understood the appeal of any of the kingdom hearts games.

i'd suggest that you go pick up some dvds.

Tirian
2008-12-29, 04:35 AM
I'm going through Chain of Memories at the moment, and I find it to be far superior to the GBA version. I was expecting to have to suffer through the gameplay to see the story, but it's actually quite playable with the PS2 interface.

Okami's another great choice if you haven't played it, especially with the cheap Greatest Hits goodness.

Mando Knight
2008-12-29, 11:30 AM
After purchasing the Wii version of Force Unleashed and seeing the PS3 version in a demo, I've come to the opinion that if you want a console version of the game, you either purchase the Wii version for its control system, or the PS3/Xbox 360 version for its far better graphics. (and the highly-trumpeted AI and physics systems)

valadil
2008-12-29, 12:12 PM
Force Unleashed is a rental game. Don't waste money on owning a copy.

Supagoof
2008-12-29, 03:05 PM
Well, look at it this way Xyk.

If you buy a game, then when your done with the game, that's it.

If you buy the Ipod-Touch, then you have a new "platform" on which to place a variety of things, such as games & music & other fun things. You'll get more mileage out of it. And next year/b-day, they can buy you iTunes gift cards.

Perhaps another thought would be to buy a newer gaming system (more then the $40 giftcard, but save up for it.). The PS2 is great in the fact it still has stuff coming out for it, but I have a feeling that it may be a year at best before Sony cuts of the support line and goes PS3 only like the other console companies.

I'd suggest other games, but I'm not certain which you have or would be interested in. The Rock Band/Guitar Hero games are a lot of fun if you haven't done/gotten into those yet. Batman Lego is quite the game as well. I like the Kingdom Hearts game, but that's because I'm a disney fan. If you like them for the "Disney" stuff, there's a new trivia game called Disney Think Fast which is fun. I'm pretty certain it came out for the PS2.

Think of it this way - what will get you the most hours of fun out of $40 from best buy?. That's what you should buy.

Crispy Dave
2008-12-30, 05:07 PM
1: read this post
2: go to your post office
3:ship the gift card to me
4: profit

ok really get urself a new game

Flame of Anor
2008-12-30, 05:48 PM
So where are these $40 iPod Touches? I'd go for that...

And Force Unleashed is awesome. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I kind of see the point about it being a play-once thing, though.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-12-30, 07:32 PM
Consider Okami to be seconded. What an amazing game.

As for the comic store gift card...if they have a copy of Watchmen, pick it up immediately. Whether you read it now or when you're thirty, or a million times between now and then, it's a truly amazing piece of work.

xanaphia
2008-12-30, 07:35 PM
I recommend an Ipod Touch. As the logo says, The funnest iPod ever. It may cost slightly more that 40 dollars though.

Don Julio Anejo
2008-12-30, 07:56 PM
I'd go for the iPod touch. You can do all kinds of cool things on it... at least that's what my friend (who incidentally works at Best Buy) says.

Xyk
2008-12-30, 10:23 PM
Is there anything new or different about the 2nd gen touch? Those are like $80 more expensive.

Lupy
2008-12-30, 10:34 PM
Get World in Conflict for PC. It is officially the best game since Tetris.