PDA

View Full Version : Energy manipulator, Base classe (Peach)

zagan
2008-12-29, 08:06 AM
Hello playgrounder, this is my first homebrew ans I start big with a base class.

It's a first draft that probably need a lot a fine tuning most notably in formulating the ability.A better name migth be a good thing to. I'l be grateful for any help.

The Energy manipulator

Energy manipulator are sage that have discovered the secret of the equilibrium of the universe and use their own body as conduit to change the distribution of all sort energy around them.

Abilities
Constitution determine the number of time per day the energy manipulator can use their special ability. Dexterity determine is ability to hit is target. Wisdom determine the damage dealt by is ability and the saving throw made to resist them. Inteligence, Strength and Charisma can also be useful but should’nt be prioritize.

Alignment
Any.

Hit Die
d8.

Class Skills
The energy manipulator’s class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Heal (Wis), Knowledge(arcana) (Int),Knowledge (nature) (Int), Knowledge (the planes) (Int), Profession (Wis).

Skill Points at 1st Level
(2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
2 + Int modifier.

Energy manipulator
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|+0|+2|+0|+0|Channel energy 1d8

2nd|+1|+3|+0|+0|Charged Water

3nd|+1|+3|+1|+1|Channel energy 2d8

4nd|+2|+4|+1|+1|Resist energy

5nd|+2|+4|+1|+1|Channel energy 3d8

6nd|+3|+5|+2|+2|Convert magic

7nd|+3|+5|+2|+2|Channel energy 4d8

8nd|+4|+6|+2|+2|Manipulate speed

9nd|+4|+6|+3|+3|Channel energy 5d8

10nd|+5|+7|+3|+3|Transfer life

11nd|+5|+7|+3|+3|Channel energy 6d8

12nd|+6/+1|+8|+4|+4|Protection from energy

13nd|+6/+1|+8|+4|+4|Channel energy 7d8

14nd|+7/+2|+9|+4|+4|Drain physique

15nd|+7/+2|+9|+5|+5|Channel energy 8d8

16nd|+8/+3|+10|+5|+5|Drain Mentale

17nd|+8/+3|+10|+5|+5|Channel energy 9d8

18nd|+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|Absorb energy

19nd|+9/+4|+11|+6|+6|Channel energy 10d8

20nd|+10/+5|+12|+6|+6|Channel energy surcharge[/table]

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the energy manipulator.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Energy manipulator are proficient with with all simple weapons, but not with any type of armor or shield.
When wearing armor, using a shield an energy manipulator loses her channel energy abilities.

Channel energy (SP)
At first level an energy manipulator gains the ability to make a ranged touch attack with a range of 30ft that deals 1d8 points of untype damage per two energy manipulator level plus her wisdom modifier with a Fortitude save (DC 10 + ½ the energy manipulator’s level + the energy manipulator’s Wis modifier)for half damage. You or an ally within 30ft is cured for an amount equal to the damage you deal. Any hit point gain in excess are gained as temporary hit point, However, you can’t gain more than the subject’s current hit points +10, which is enough to kill the subject. The temporary hit points disappear 1 hour later. Once used, it can't be use again until 1d4 round later.

Charged Water (SP)
At second level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier an energy manipulator with 3 or more ranks in the Heal skill can store 1d8 plus her wisdom modifier hit point into a vial holdings 1 ounce of water this take 10 minute and use crystal powder worth 10gp. Once done the vial can be use like a potion and cure the user of the amount of hit point stored inside.

Resist energy (SP)
At fourth level, you can cast resist energy as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your energy manipulator level a number of time per day equal to your wisdom modifier.

Convert magic (SP)
At sixth level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier when you use your channel energy ability you can choose to forgo doing damage and instead the creature affected lose a memorize spell of half your level round down or lower (Fortitude save negate,DC 10 + ½ the energie manipulator’s level + the energie manipulator’s Wis modifier). If the target fail is save you or an ally witin 30ft gain Spell résistance of 15 plus the level of the lost spell.

Manipulate speed (SP)
At eighth level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier when you use your channel energy ability you can choose to forgo doing damage and instead the creature is affect as if slow as the spell with a caster level equal to your energy manipulator level (Fortitude save negate,DC 10 + ½ the energy manipulator’s level + the energy manipulator’s Wis modifier). If the target fail is save you or an ally witin 30ft is affect as if haste as the spell with a caster level equal to your energie manipulator level.

Transfer life (SP)
At tenth level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier when you use your channel energy ability you can choose to forgo doing damage and instead the creature affected receive 1d2 negative level (Fortitude save negate,DC 10 + ½ the energy manipulator’s level + the energy manipulator’s Wis modifier). If the target fail is save you or an ally within 30ft gain a positive level (see below)

Protection from energy (SP)
At twelth level, you can cast protection from energy as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your energy manipulator level a number of time per day egal to your wisdom modifier, but with the following change: duration 5min/per caster level instead of 10 and without any limit to the number of point that can be absorb by the spell.

Drain physique (SP)
At fourteenth level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier when you use your channel energy ability you can choose to forgo doing damage and instead the creature affected take 1d4 point of damage to a physical ability score of your choice(str, dex or con). (Fortitude save negate,DC 10 + ½ the energy manipulator’s level + the energy manipulator’s Wis modifier). If the target fail is save you or an allie within 30ft gain a equivalent bonus to the same ability score.

Drain Mentale (SP)
At sixteenth level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier when you use your channel energy ability you can choose to forgo doing damage and instead the creature affected take 1d4 point of damage to a mentale ability score of your choice(int, wis or cha). (Fortitude save negate,DC 10 + ½ the energy manipulator’s level + the energy manipulator’s Wis modifier). If the target fail is save you or an ally within 30ft gain a equivalent bonus to the same ability score.

Absorb energy (SP)
At eighteen level, you can cast absorb energy(see below) as a spell-like ability with a caster level equal to your energy manipulator level a number of time per day egal to your wisdom modifier.

Channel energie surcharge (SP)
Finally at twentieth level, a number of time per day equal to your constitution modifier when you use your channel energy ability you can choose to maximize is damage as the metamagic of the same name.

Positive level
A creature gain the following bonus for each positive level it has gained:
+1 on all skill checks and ability checks.
+1 on attack rolls and saving throws.
+5 hit points.
+1 effective level (whenever the creature’s level is used in a die roll or calculation, augmented it by one for each positive level).

Absorb Energy
Abjuration
Level: Clr 6, Drd 6, Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S, DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Touch
Target: Creature touched
Duration: 1 min./level
Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
This abjuration grants a creature protection from damage of whichever one of five energy types you select: acid, cold, electricity, fire, or sonic. The subject gains energy absorbtion against the energy type chosen, meaning that each time the creature is subjected to such damage (whether from a natural or magical source), that damage is annuled and instead the creature regain hit point for the same amount of damage it would have receive,
Absorb energy absorbs only damage. The subject could still suffer unfortunate side effects.
Note: Absord energy overlaps (and does not stack with) protection from energy and/or resist énergy. If a character is warded by protection from energy and/or resist energy and absorb energy, absord energy absorbs damage until is duration is exhausted.

Note: English isn't my native tongue so I want to apoligize for any gramatical error.

zagan
2008-12-31, 08:10 AM
I change a few thing and add a little descriptif of the class at the start of the post.
I will try to find an image to fit the class and add it later.

If my class is that bad please tell me so, I promise I won't be hurt.
In advance thanks.

zagan
2009-01-02, 05:48 AM
111 Views in 5 day ! And no one post a reply ! Why ? I don't understand, I've been very polite and if I'm not mistaken PEACH stand for Please Examine And Critique Honestly.
I didn't demand compliment or praise just help.

Please explaine to me what I did wrong ?

JackMage666
2009-01-02, 06:48 AM
Honestly, it's hard to read.

As for balance, nothing seems terribly off. The only thing that's jumping out at me is that Channel Energy deals damage AND heals, as an at-will ability. At-will healing is normally considered a bad idea, especially when it's also you main attack. Basically, every time you hit (which should be about 80% of the time, at least) you're healing an equal amount to an ally.

Also, you should only get 2+Int mod skills per level, for that number of class skills. With 4+Int, you only need a Int score of 16 (14 if you're human) to master all class skills no problem.

If English isn't your first language, you might want to get someone to help you translate.

zagan
2009-01-02, 07:36 AM
Thanks for you help, I change Channel energie to every 1d4 round like a breath weapon.

I change the skill point to 2 +int you're rigth on that.

What specifically made it hard to read, not enougth space, the grammar, to wordy ?

I didn't translate it I wrote it directly in english perhaps that's why it's hard to read.

Anyway thanks for your word.

Mindflayer
2009-01-02, 04:38 PM
Okay,

Energy is spelt ENERGY not energie

Ally is spelt ALLY not allie

Excess is spelt EXCESS not exces

Equal is spelt EQUAL not egal

Crystal is spelt CRYSTAL not cristal

Choose is spelt CHOOSE not chose

Eighth is spelt EIGHTH not eigth

Within is spelt WITHIN not whithin

Duration is spelt DURATION not durre

Physical is spelt PHYSICAL not psiycale

Eighteen is spelt EIGHTEEN not EIGTEEN

Maximize is spelt maximize not maximise

Sorry, if I come off hard but it is a good class.

zagan
2009-01-02, 05:47 PM
Thank you very much that was exacly what I need ! I already made the correction.