PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for 2009

Shanty Man
2008-12-29, 10:38 AM
I say predictions but relly hopes, fears and of-cores predictions (personal, political, enything). Umm... that's it.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 10:41 AM
I hope that I do well on my exams....and get into a good school...

Checkmate
2008-12-29, 10:53 AM
I predict that there will be a large number of disasters, either natural or of a terrorist nature, somewhere in the world that will get a lot of media attention.

I also hope that I'll be doing good on my exams and I hope a certain political party is going to win big during the next elections (which are next year at my place), not going into detail as to not break the rules.

ghost_warlock
2008-12-29, 11:01 AM
I will take off and wash my pants at least once. Possibly more often than that. And I will remember that the proper way to wash them is not to just climb into the shower fully-dressed.

I will try to teach my cat to do the dishes like my gf's been bugging me to.

I will remember, when talking to deaf friends, that obscene gestures are not really proper sign language. Maybe.

If I accidentally make the world explode and reform without anyone else noticing, again, I will try to get oranges the right color this time rather than the hideous mistake I ended up with last time.

I will get some dental work done.

I will finish this sen

skywalker
2008-12-29, 05:23 PM
I will finish this sen

I expect to see that edited come '09, mister!

I predict that '09 will not suck nearly as bad for me as '08. I also hope so. God knows it would be hard.

Player_Zero
2008-12-29, 05:28 PM
The world ends. January 4th.

Dallas-Dakota
2008-12-29, 05:31 PM
The world ends. January 4th.
I hope so then, school starts January 5th for me.:smalltongue:

OldSchoolGamer7
2008-12-29, 05:51 PM
Personal predictions:

I will finish out this year of school on a powerful note and have all the clout I need to transfer to Loyola in the fall.

I will have the love of my life in my arms again, but this time permanently.

I'm going to make those who stood by me through the rough times more proud than they ever could be.

Global predictions:

Everything is going right down the toilet. A new phase of depression has been entered. It may be more than the leaders of the world can handle.

Many disasters of all kinds will crop up, giving the news media plenty of fuel for our paranoia.

Cleveland wins the NBA Championship. I will hear no argument against this.

orcmonk89
2008-12-29, 07:21 PM
Personal Predictions:

- I will learnt how to mix cocktails. I've taken a liking to them recently, and want to learn how to make them. Plus, it would give me a skill I think could be useful in attracting the ladies.
- I will turn 20, thus no longer making me a teenager. Plus, it's less a prediction, more of a fact (unless my global prediction comes true).

Global Predictions:

- The world will end. It's claimed every year, so I'll get in early.

TigerHunter
2008-12-29, 07:53 PM
My college apps will be done.

Considering that they're due on Jan. 1st...

Eldan
2008-12-29, 09:13 PM
The world will, in fact, end on january 2nd, 22:42 PM, at GMT.

Given my luck, I'll be off by two minutes.

Trizap
2008-12-29, 09:21 PM
everything that you predict won't come true.

that is my prediction.

OldSchoolGamer7
2008-12-29, 09:26 PM

that is my prediction.

I said I would hear no argument!:smalltongue:

Overlord Nicy
2008-12-29, 10:34 PM
-The world's idiots will get stupider.
-Someone, somewhere will misspell gorilla with three Gs.
-The person two posts after this will indirectly kill seven people. Three of them before March, and four between August fourth and October twenty-fourth.
-The person eight posts after this will be wrong on his/her fourth prediction, and if the person has less than four, all will be wrong.
-Someone will spread an insanely stupid joke about rabbits that will be posted here by July.
-Someone is going to tell me these predictions are completely idiotic, then proceed to be proven wrong, or no one will comment about them at all.

de-trick
2008-12-29, 10:47 PM
-get drivers licence
-dont remeber last night of 08
-either buy me a sled or quad

and yah win rulership of world

Gray Jester
2008-12-29, 11:09 PM
-I will indirectly kill 7 people, but it will all be in a freak accident that happens between March and August 24th.
-I will become a better dancer.
-I will become a more confident person without going past confidence and into overconfidence.
-I will become a genuinely better person.
-I will hone my people-skills.
-I will hone my computer-skills.
-I will have a wonderful relationship with my new girlfriend.
-I will continue my enactment of my plans for taking over the world. This year, I will put in place the ground work for taking over the media system in 20 years, which will then lead to my election as president of the US Empire. (I set the groundwork for that change two years back, after all.)
-I will continue experimenting with hair length and color, and settle for something somewhere between what I have now and what I used to have.
-I will be legally able to vote, buy cigarettes, and all sorts of other exciting naughty things that kids can't have.

The Extinguisher
2008-12-30, 01:38 AM
See the ruins of the old world below
That's what our ancestors left us.
Our robot masters will know
How to clean this mess up
And build a better world
For man and machine alike
For the boys and the girls
Who are slaves building spaceships at night
In the fluorescent light.

That's 2009.

Ethrael
2008-12-30, 05:19 AM
I will meet Quetzalcoatl;

I will try not to fly a plane into a pillow factory;

I will always make sure I'm half-full,

And I hope I do well in exams yadadadaaddaaadadaaaa.

Gggorilla.

Jibar
2008-12-30, 05:21 AM

that is my prediction.

I predict that this will happen.

Boo
2008-12-30, 05:59 AM
There will be approximately 365 days in 2009 on the planet we call Earth.

Everyone who reads this sentence will either have thought or said the word 'Llama' by the time the have finished reading it.

Z-dan
2008-12-30, 06:00 AM
Personal:
I will start writing a revolutionary new novel
I will receive a financial windfall
I will move into a house

Global:
There will be more reality tv scandals which will result in the ending of reality tv
There will be a new form of music that will usurp hip-hop, rap, and r&b (I can hope)

Player_Zero
2008-12-30, 06:29 AM
I predict that this will happen.

I predict this will happen.

Double SAN damage.

_Zoot_
2008-12-30, 06:41 AM
Everyone who reads this sentence will either have thought or said the word 'Llama' by the time the have finished reading it.

ZOMG!
It happened! But if your prediction came true then every one else might!
or, it could just be that i all ways think about llamas, as my friends will tell you.

Anyway, my predictions;

-I will go into this year trying to do really well in my second last year at school, and with any luck i may do ok.

- I will not find a girl friend, lose any weight or improve on the may other aspects of my life that i would like to improve on.

DigoDragon
2008-12-30, 08:35 AM
I predict that the future is uncertain. I'm fairly sure about this. :smallsmile:

unstattedCommoner
2008-12-30, 09:23 AM
1. The Earth will continue to orbit the Sun.

2. Every second store will be a Starbucks/Cafe Nero/Costa/Other Coffee Franchise, or a bookstore containing such. Half of the remainder will sell mobile phones.

3. The vast increase in the use of text-messaging will result in manufacturers of mobile phones eliminating costly and complex support for real-time voice communications from their products.

4. A vastly expensive joint effort by the US, Europe and Russia will see the Moon converted into a massive billboard.

5. Genetically-engineered winged pigs will fly.

6. Exactly one of these six predictions will prove true.

Ghastly Epigram
2008-12-30, 09:44 AM
Exactly one of these six predictions will prove true.

MY ARCH NEMESIS RECURSION WE MEET AGAIN

Telonius
2008-12-30, 10:51 AM
e-books will really take off.
So will wind energy and mass transit in the US.
I will come perilously close to bankruptcy, but stay afloat somehow.
My car will break down at least once.
My wife and I will become parents.

Castaras
2008-12-30, 10:57 AM
Hopes: That I'm still with my boyfriend, and stay with him.
Fears: I do badly in my exams (for me).
Predictions: I don't get straight As for my exams as all my teachers expect me to.

Lorn
2008-12-30, 11:41 AM
Hopes: That I will be able to catch up with coursework.
Fears: That I will end up resitting things next year because I won't be able to catch up with coursework.
Predictions: That I will get in trouble for not having done all of various courseworks.

See, this is why I hate being off 6th form ill for two weeks >.>

Gnrlshrimp
2008-12-30, 11:45 AM
Predictions: Lots of terrible new monthly magazines costing ridiculous sums of money will be released.

Cockroaches will finally take their place as masters of this world.

Shadow
2008-12-30, 02:32 PM
I predict that there will be far too many predictions.

Castaras
2008-12-30, 02:33 PM
I predict that there will be far too many predictions.

That isn't a prediction, that's a stone cold fact.

Faceist
2008-12-30, 04:01 PM
I predict I get a job, and that I go to uni. Well, I say "predict". "Hope"? :smalleek:

MeatShield#236
2008-12-30, 11:04 PM
Personal Predictions:

I will get a girlfriend (I hope)
I will get good grades
I will take over the world (Not Likely)

Global Predictions:

Even if we go into a major depression, life will go on.
That there will be something interesting going on.
At least one person will read this post.

Collin152
2008-12-30, 11:35 PM
I'll be a legal adult, ending my reign of terror as an illegal adult.

I'll overthrow the lizard king, therby liberating the mongel hordes from their reptilian overlords...

A pig will fly by my window, it will rain malted milkballs, the dead will rise, the blind will see, the lame will walk, the deaf will hear, the Collin will get a guy...