PDA

View Full Version : Second Darkness Campaign Journal

kalt
2008-12-29, 04:31 PM
Well I thought I would try something kind of new out and write out an adventure journal from the perspective of an adventurer. I am writing it from the eyes of my halfing druid Tamb Goodbarrel. I purposely leave some details out and embelish others because hey it is his journal and he remembers things how he pleases. We actually are a little farther in the first adventure but Tamb hasn't had a chance to sit back down and write out the what else has happened. Our sessions are one Wednesdays and Sundays so updates will probably tend to follow the days after this. Bjorn is a duskblade and Alina is a Dread Necromancer. So here is what I've got so far and I hope you enjoy :smallbiggrin:

Second Darkness

Day 1

I received a message by courier while visiting an inn I frequent on occasion. The letter was from Bjorn, an acquaintance I made a while ago when I was helping out a village of farmers with a bandit problem. Apparently there is a gambling tournament and he would like me to meet up with him in the cesspool that is Riddleport at a dump called the Golden Goblin. I contacted my order asking them for guidance and plan on hanging around here until I get instructions.

Day 6

Oops looks like I have forgotten to update this thing in a while. Instructions came in today from the Arch-druid directing me to accept the invitation to Riddleport. I sent out a courier letting Bjorn know that I would be meeting him there. My instructions are to observe the city of Riddleport and the impact they are having with the sea that they are located on and to report back my findings. I am also to scout out the defenses of the city and to detail a report with my recommendation on what we should do with this city. There is also another reason the order wants me to investigate Riddleport. It seems that there is a “Blot” in the sky. They did not elaborate more on this blot and I guess I will know it when I see it. It seems the order has had their eye on this cancer and we might finally take the opportunity to wipe it from the face of the Khorvosa.

Day 7

I began traveling to the city of Riddleport today with Claws (my animal companion). The weather looks good for the immediate future and I think we should get there in about 5 days time. It is nice to be back on the open road again; by Xan I hate the stench of humans!

Day 12

By Xan this city is a stain on the land. The city stinks, the animals are depressed, and worse of all people keep mistaking me for a child! I have begun scouting out the city and checking out signs of city guard. As an initial observation the guards seem like the types of oafs one would find in a gutter surely not the type of people you would trust with your best welfare. The “Blot” that the order spoke of is just that. Up in the sky there is literally a large black spot. I have dispatched a message already informing the order that this blot is most certainly not natural. I have asked around town and it seems the general population is unaware of what this blot is and just seem to be ignoring it. I will continue to investigate this, but I am fairly certain that it can’t be anything positive for Riddleport. I will find the Golden Goblin tomorrow since the tournament takes place then.

Day 13

What an interesting day! Today I met up with Bjorn, who is not the person I believed him to be (Stupid humans all look alike!). The tournament was what one would expect of the city, that is to say poorly run and bound to break and boy did it ever. Myself, Bjorn, and some other girl ended up getting in quite the little scrap. A little robbery took place at the tournament and the three of us put an end to it. The combat was fierce and I even got to use my amazing Halfling strength to breakdown the door. Claws did some work on one of thieves that seemed to really upset the little ringleader of this robbery. In the end we killed the robbers took a few prisoners and I managed to land a nice cover identity while I scope out the city. Sol, the owner of the Golden Goblin, was so impressed with my battle prowess he offered the 3 of us a job in helping him get the hole that is the Golden Goblin out of the red. The woman we ended up meeting is named Alina. In battle I observed her killing one of the robbers with a mere touch. I have witnessed wizards, sorcerors, and clerics in battle and believe she is some type of battle sorcerer that is able to sling spells in heavier armor than what I am used to seeing. She seems to have some sort of distaste for me and I have to say the feeling is quite mutual. I seem to be the only one in our little threesome with the power to heal so getting rid of her if she proves too annoying shouldn’t be much of a problem.

The robbers that we managed to capture reluctantly told us that the wizard and the woman Claws killed were the ringleaders behind the robbery. Unfortunately Claws ate the woman and Alina killed the wizard so we could not communicate hear their side of the story *snicker*. Sol seems to believe it was Clegg Zincher was behind it to ruin Sol. Fortunately I don’t really care who it was because a little hack and slash is always a good time. Anyway, our little group attempted to track down the fiendish mastermind behind the daring robbery by disguising ourselves as the robbers and going to the designated meeting spot that the thieves told us with no luck. A very odd occurance took place during our little planned ambush; pieces of volcanic rock began falling from the sky. I am unable to tell exactly what is causing this mess but believe it has to do with the Blot. We managed to get back to the Golden Goblin with only a couple bruises.

Day 17

Damn working at a bar is boring! I spend all day looking for cheaters, while Alina bounces people, and Bjorn does what he likes best which is serving people alcohol and drinking entirely too much of it himself.

Day 20

Finally a little bit of action! That Clieg Pincher guy, or something like that, came into the bar tonight and damn does he drop some coin! Later that evening someone tried to kill Sol with a poisonous snake, but luckily Sol managed to neutralize the poison. Of course Sol thinks it was his little enemy, but I’m not sure how he could have gotten a snake in there with how close we were watching that bar. I tend to think his attempted killer is either his ogre of a body guard or someone with a lot of access to the bar like the little dwarven floor manager.

We are actually might be playing Tuesday due to New years Eve falling on Wednesday or might possibly be putting it off until Sunday.