PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Ability score allocation and general tips for a ranger.

Myou
2008-12-29, 08:50 PM
I've been preparing a ranger character for a new game and I'm looking for some advice. We're using a non-standard point system where we get 92 points in total, to be spread between our stats. Before racial adjustments we have to have at least 8 in each, and no more than 18.

At the moment my ranger's starting with;

Adding in his racial adjustments (elf) he gets;

I put a 14 in Wis so that I won't be impaired as a caster later on, but I want
his primary talent to be using a composite longbow, hence high Str and Dex.

I gave him a high Int because he's very independent, a quick witted survivor who's skilled at many things relevant to wilderness survival.

I gave him 10 Cha because I don't mean for him to be bad with people, he's pretty good with people for a ranger, and once the other abilities were assigned that left me with 14 for Con.

Does anyone have any advice, tips or warnings for me, about ability cores, feat, skills or aything else? I've never played a ranger and I really don't know if these stats will work, so rather than jump into the game and get mauled by a housecat I thought I'd see what you guys think.

Edit: I've taken Weapon Focus (Longbow) Precise Shot and Point Blank Shot (a houserule gives the human bonus feat and skill points to all longer lived races intead, humans suck in our campaign. xD )

Skills are: Climb 4, Hide 4, Jump 4, Knowledge (Arcana) 4 (his backstory involves him making it his life's aim to slay the biggest dragon he can, and my DM was happy to make this a class skill for him in exchange for losing Dungeonerring, which it made no sese for my character to have, he really appreciates roleplaying), Knowledge (Geography) 1, Knowledge (Nature) 3, Listen 4, Move Silently 4, Spot 4, Survival 4, Swim 4.

First favoured enemy: Dragons

RebelRogue
2008-12-29, 08:57 PM
You don't really need the Int except for skill points. Being independent and quick-witted is probably more in the Wis department anyway. But that's minor: it seems like good stats for a ranger (and good stats allaround anyway!)

Who_Da_Halfling
2008-12-29, 09:06 PM
This point system seems to allow you to have really good stats (2 18s and no stat under 10 is pretty good), much better than standard point-buy or the normal rolling method could realistically get you.

As for what you have, certainly your stats seem fine. What level are you starting at?

-JM

Spiryt
2008-12-29, 09:10 PM
I say that with stats like that you can do whatever you want :smalltongue:
They're damn high.

Generally right approach for shooting ranger, but you really should write your source books, feats you would like to take and other things...

Myou
2008-12-29, 09:13 PM
You don't really need the Int except for skill points. Being independent and quick-witted is probably more in the Wis department anyway. But that's minor: it seems like good stats for a ranger (and good stats allaround anyway!)

His independance is based mainly on his skill though you see, which requires Int.
In our group quick wits are Int too. Not that high Int's a requirement for a smart character, but I like my stats to reflect my character's abilities, even if the numbers say they don't have to. He's also not very wise, being just 92 (young for an elf).

I'm glad you think so, I'd hate to have to replace him after the long and detailed bio I wrote. xD

This point system seems to allow you to have really good stats (2 18s and no stat under 10 is pretty good), much better than standard point-buy or the normal rolling method could realistically get you.

As for what you have, certainly your stats seem fine. What level are you starting at?

-JM

Level 1. I'm glad you agree with the allocation. ^^

And yes, we're getting a great start, the campaign is set to be a tough one.

Myou
2008-12-29, 09:17 PM
I say that with stats like that you can do whatever you want :smalltongue:
They're damn high.

Generally right approach for shooting ranger, but you really should write your source books, feats you would like to take and other things...

Well, I've taken Weapon Focus (Longbow) and Point Blank Shot (a houserule gives the human bonus feat and skill points to all longer lived races intead, humans suck in our campaign. xD )

And if I didn't know our DM I'd agree that these are easily good enough for any character.

RebelRogue
2008-12-29, 09:22 PM
Well, I've taken Weapon Focus (Longbow) and Point Blank Shot (a houserule gives the human bonus feat and skill points to all longer lived races intead, humans suck in our campaign. xD )

And if I didn't know our DM I'd agree that these are easily good enough for any character.
You're better off ditching Weapon Focus and taking, say, precise shot instead.

Spiryt
2008-12-29, 09:27 PM

Huh, that's pretty harsh.

Anyway, what sources? Core only or something more?

If your GM is going to pound you heavily, even higher wisdom is nice idea, Will saves are Ranger's weak spot. Plus additional spells don't hurt - although again, best ranger spells are outside core.

Myou
2008-12-29, 09:34 PM
Your better off ditching Weapon Focus and taking, say, precise shot instead.

Hmmm, that does looks useful, yeah.

Huh, that's pretty harsh.

Anyway, what sources? Core only or something more?

If your GM is going to pound you heavily, even higher wisdom is nice idea, Will saves are Ranger's weak spot. Plus additional spells don't hurt - although again, best ranger spells are outside core.

He's not really that harsh, I trust him not to wipe us out, I just know that he wouldn't give us such good abilities and then go easy on us. xD

Well, any souce is ok with him, but hold the cheeze, my wizard's already dripping with it.

I agree about the Wis, I'd prefer it to be higher, but I didn't want to lower anything else, he's not really a big caster, he prefers to be more direct and use his bow.

Eldariel
2008-12-29, 09:39 PM
Have you considered Wood Elf instead? It's listed in Monster Manual (completely usable as a player race though) as an Elf subrace. They're less intelligent, but stronger than standard Elves (so -2 Int, +2 Str in addition to normal Elf-modifiers; good adjustment for you). Also, their Favored Class is Ranger, not Wizard, so your character would make even more sense that way. Also, it would help if you want to multiclass later. But mostly, I'd be interested in the Str-bonus for the damage increase.

Also, for your two feats, take Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot.

Spiryt
2008-12-29, 09:42 PM
He's not really that harsh, I trust him not to wipe us out, I just know that he wouldn't give us such good abilities and then go easy on us. xD

Well, any souce is ok with him, but hold the cheeze, my wizard's already dripping with it.

I agree about the Wis, I'd prefer it to be higher, but I didn't want to lower anything else, he's not really a big caster, he prefers to be more direct and use his bow.

So ability to cast Cat's Grace by yourself will be archer's friend. And outside core rangers gets many interesting archery spells check examples here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/magic/spells.shtml).

Again 14 wisdom is just fine (like you'r whole stats), so no worries.

With 16 inteligence I would suggest more skill points in knowledges, to make use of it.

Myou
2008-12-29, 09:44 PM
Have you considered Wood Elf instead? It's listed in Monster Manual (completely usable as a player race though) as an Elf subrace. They're less intelligent, but stronger (so -2 Int, +2 Str; good adjustment for you). Also, their Favored Class is Ranger, not Wizard, so your character would make even more sense that way. Also, it would help if you want to multiclass later. But mostly, I'd be interested in the Str-bonus for the damage increase.

Also, for your two feats, take Point Blank Shot and Precise Shot.

Would he be able to apply that extra Str to a composite longbow though? I thought that they only went up to +4. If it's extra Str purely for melee then it's not really worth losing Int for me.

As for multiclassing, well, I'm actually just going to play him as a pure ranger, so favoured cals doesn't really matter.

The other issue though, is that he's designed as a normal elf, I wouldn't want to change his race.

But thanks for the suggestion!

Eldariel
2008-12-29, 09:47 PM
Would he be able to apply that extra Str to a composite longbow though? I thought that they only went up to +4. If it's extra Str purely for melee then it's not really worth losing Int for me.

Many example characters in various D&D books have composite bows with Str-bonuses as high as +7. Also, PHB sets no limit on it; you could get any amount of Str into it, just paying extra 100 for each point of Str (there're also some magical bows that adjust for the wielder's Str; handy if you use sitiuational buffs like Bull's Strength and Enlarge Person). Also, the only things different about Wood Elves compared to High Elves is the stats and the favored class. Since you're a Ranger, it'd probably fit your story pretty darn well (as long as you hail from...well, a wood). But yea, your character of course, you'd know the best. It's just that whenever I see an Elven Ranger, I always associate it with Wood Elves (since they make for fine Rangers, particularly Archers due to the buff to the two key ability scores).

RebelRogue
2008-12-29, 09:49 PM
Would he be able to apply that extra Str to a composite longbow though? I thought that they only went up to +4.
You would. There's no theoretical maximum to composite bows. However, if it conflicts with your backstory and/or basic idea of the character, it's obviously a bad idea.

Myou
2008-12-29, 09:50 PM
So ability to cast Cat's Grace by yourself will be your friend. And outside core rangers gets many interesting archery spells check examples here (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/magic/spells.shtml).

Again 14 wisdom is just fine (like you'r whole stats), so not worry.

With 16 inteligence I would suggest more skill points in knowledges, to make use of it.

Oh, a very useful site!

I agree, he's a young and inexperienced character, which is one of the reasons why his wisdom is low. Also my wizard is the second arcane caster in the party, so magic is more than covered. (Wiz, Sor, Clr, Ftr, Rog, Rgr)

What skills would you suggest dropping?

Eldariel
2008-12-29, 09:54 PM

The least useful ones for you are probably the Climb and Swim; you don't actually need any ranks in those skills to climb a tree or swim in a river. Basic stuff can easily be done with your ability modifiers and taking 10. This is further amplified by your immense strength (Wood Elf or not). Search is also relatively poor for you as you use Survival for tracking and you can't locate difficult-to-find traps (nor disarm them) so that job befalls the Rogue anyways. So those 3 skills would be the first I'd cull.

Myou
2008-12-29, 09:56 PM
You would. There's no theoretical maximum to composite bows. However, if it conflicts with your backstory and/or basic idea of the character, it's obviously a bad idea.

Ah, cool, I didn't realise it was uncapped!

Many example characters in various D&D books have composite bows with Str-bonuses as high as +7. Also, PHB sets no limit on it; you could get any amount of Str into it, just paying extra 100 for each point of Str (there're also some magical bows that adjust for the wielder's Str; handy if you use sitiuational buffs like Bull's Strength and Enlarge Person). Also, the only things different about Wood Elves compared to High Elves is the stats and the favored class. Since you're a Ranger, it'd probably fit your story pretty darn well (as long as you hail from...well, a wood). But yea, your character of course, you'd know the best. It's just that whenever I see an Elven Ranger, I always associate it with Wood Elves (since they make for fine Rangers, particularly Archers due to the buff to the two key ability scores).

I appreciate the suggestion, and I do agree, but for this character his backstory and whatnot are really key.

But thanks nontheless!

And thanks to everyone else making suggestions too, by the way!

The least useful ones for you are probably the Climb and Swim; you don't actually need any ranks in those skills to climb a tree or swim in a river. Basic stuff can easily be done with your ability modifiers and taking 10. Search is also relatively poor for you as you use Survival for tracking and you can't locate difficult-to-find traps (nor disarm them) so that job befalls the Rogue anyways. So those 3 skills would be the first I'd cull.

Hmmm, what if I dropped just search and spread the four points over four knowledge skills? Or is it better to focus on one?

Eldariel
2008-12-29, 10:02 PM
Hmmm, what if I dropped just search and spread the four points over four knowledge skills? Or is it better to focus on one?

Depends. It's usually worth it to get at least 5 points in the in-class Knowledges for the synergy bonuses they provide (the ones you've got help Survival-checks, for example). Also, you'll usually want to be an expert on your area of expertise (in this case, all the 3 Knowledges you have in class). Besides, if you're a tracker, knowledge of geography isn't amiss, and if you're a hunter, knowledge of dungeons and their monsters is kinda natural too. Eventually (with more levels), placing one level in each identification skill would make sense as a hunter would study the creatures he hunts (the identification Knowledges are: Arcane, Dungeoneering, Local, Nature, The Planes, Religion - see PHB for more details).

So I'd max out the three Knowledges you've got in class. If I left one out, it would be Geography as you may not have studied maps and such and you can play Nature as the one used to identify soil types, landshapes and such.

Spiryt
2008-12-29, 10:03 PM
I agree, he's a young and inexperienced character, which is one of the reasons why his wisdom is low. just high, not very high.

Fixed. :smallwink:

Also my wizard is the second arcane caster in the party, so magic is more than covered. (Wiz, Sor, Clr, Ftr, Rog, Rgr)
The point of ranger spells is to buff yourself and to few fine utility things.

Trying to make magic in "wizard's sense" is of course pointless and against character, but cat's grace, barskin, and maybe some outside core spells (if you have the books) are just fine I guess.

Well if you cut 4 points from some skills, and put them in knowledges, you gain 6 ranks from intelligence, while you wouldn't be able to use them untrained :

Climb 3
Hide 3
Swim3
Search 3

Knowledge (dungeoneering) 2 + 3 from Int
Knowledge (geography) 2 + 3 from Int

Myou
2008-12-29, 10:08 PM
Depends. It's usually worth it to get at least 5 points in the in-class Knowledges for the synergy bonuses they provide (the ones you've got help Survival-checks, for example). Also, you'll usually want to be an expert on your area of expertise (in this case, all the 3 Knowledges you have in class). Besides, if you're a tracker, knowledge of geography isn't amiss, and if you're a hunter, knowledge of dungeons and their monsters is kinda natural too. Eventually (with more levels), placing one level in each identification skill would make sense as a hunter would study the creatures he hunts (the identification Knowledges are: Arcane, Dungeoneering, Local, Nature, The Planes, Religion - see PHB for more details).

So I'd max out the three Knowledges you've got in class. If I left one out, it would be Geography as you may not have studied maps and such and you can play Nature as the one used to identify soil types, landshapes and such.

Well, he actually wouldn't know anything about dungeoneering, he's never done any. He spent his youth as a hunter in a forest and it's only in the past two years that he's traveled further afield. Unless dungeoneering includes knowledge on dragons. His backstory involves them and they're his favoured enemy.
But there's no reason not to know about geography, because he has traveled about a bit in those two years, and enjoys travel a lot.

Eldariel
2008-12-29, 10:13 PM
But there's no reason not to know about geography, because he has traveled about a bit in those two years, and enjoys travel a lot.

Alright then, max out Geography. Knowledge: Arcane grants knowledge of Dragons, which is a bit problematic since it's a crossclass skill. Maybe you could ask your DM to give it to you as a class skill since your character has no doubt studied Dragons to great extent if they're his favoured enemy and thus you should have more knowledge on them than your average Ranger (and the associated arcane mysteries; to understand Dragons, you need to understand magic too). You could ask to trade the Knowledge: Dungeoneering for Knowledge: Arcane as a class skill; sounds like it would make perfect sense for the character and it's an about even trade mechanically.

Myou
2008-12-29, 10:13 PM
Fixed. :smallwink:

The point of ranger spells is to buff yourself and to few fine utility things.

Trying to make magic in "wizard's sense" is of course pointless and against characters, but cat's grace, barskin, and maybe some outside core spells (if you have the books) is just fine I guess.

Well if you cut 4 points from some skills, and put them in knowledges, you gain 6 ranks from intelligence, while you wouldn't be able to use them untrained :

Climb 3
Hide 3
Swim3
Search 3

Knowledge (dungeoneering) 2 + 3 from Int
Knowledge (geography) 2 + 3 from Int

Good point. I should look over the spell list carefully.

That's a good idea, but our party's shaping up to be pretty stealthy so far (for example, my wizard has maxed out hide and move sliently as class skills, and gets a 25 for hide), so I'd rather not take points from hide. But Swim and climb I think I will cut to 3, and drop search altogether.

Myou
2008-12-29, 10:17 PM
Alright then, max out Geography. Knowledge: Arcane grants knowledge of Dragons, which is a bit problematic since it's a crossclass skill. Maybe you could ask your DM to give it to you as a class skill since your character has no doubt studied Dragons to great extent if they're his favoured enemy and thus you should have more knowledge on them than your average Ranger (and the associated arcane mysteries; to understand Dragons, you need to understand magic too). You could ask to trade the Knowledge: Dungeoneering for Knowledge: Arcane as a class skill; sounds like it would make perfect sense and it's an about even trade.

Hmm, I'll ask him about that. I think he'll agree, he tends to be pretty flexible.
And trading in Dungeoneering makes great sense too given his background. ^^

sebsmith
2008-12-29, 10:38 PM
Depending on your Dm, if you are going for a ranged ranger, it might make sense to shift some points out of constitution and into other stats. Also, there are a lot of variant rangers here (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf), if your dm will let you use them, you should use the one that best suites your idea for your character.

ericgrau
2008-12-29, 10:52 PM
I'd say your stats are good to go. Good choices all around, including the int. If you don't have skills you might as well be a fighter who picks the rangery feats (and he still has more feats leftover). Then again you already get a lot of skill points. Str over con is iffy. I mean that's a lot of HP to give up for only 1 point of damage. But if you stay out of harms way it should work well. I'd just stick with what you got, or maybe hurt int or str a little for a higher con.

So do familiarize yourself with the skill rules. For one rangers make good snipers. See hide rules (sniping) and spot rules (range penalties), plus rules on range increments in the weapon/equipment section of the PHB. For skills that aren't opposed checks, you don't need to max them out. Just make sure you can make the DCs that you want to make. Again, check the rules for the DCs. Don't forget that you can take a 10 if not threatened or distracted, and on skills like search you can take a 20 (just takes 20 times longer). And there are no "nat 1's" or "nat 20's". Remembering that will help you get just enough ranks. Check out skill synergy at level 2.

For skills I'd get at a minimum (more is fine):

hide: 4
move silently: 4
survival: 4
climb: 2 (2+3+10=15 = DC for trees; though cliffs can get as high as DC 25)
swim: 0 or 2 (for DC 10 or 15)
jump: 1 or 2 (auto-success 5 feet in combat or 15 out of combat)
use rope: 0. With +5 dex you can take a 10 and do anything untrained.
search: 0. Not much use for it as survival is all you need for tracks. And when you do need it you can do it untrained and take a 20.
knowledge(nature): 4
Nature helps against the most monsters and the wilderness in general. Geography has hardly any use at all, pretty much just map stuff. Survival covers most things you might think geography was for. Dungeoneering should really be called "caves" since that's all it covers. Artificial dungeon stuff is not included. So that one depends whether you go underground or not.

Again, that's a minimum. Maxing out the ones that you maxed out is a pretty good idea, since you do have the points.

After you level up you'll find that a large number of ranger spells are useful in the wilderness. Get those. There are also utility/restoration spells and weak heals. Put those on cheap scrolls and wands rather than bogging down your spell list.

For feats I would get weapon focus later, but for one of your first two feats precise shot is probably better in a party.

Combat: Check out readied actions in the combat section of the PHB. They're great for archers. You can disrupt spellcasters or get off a free shot on incoming enemies. Also check out the many combat modifiers, such as cover and kneeling. This will be a big help at range.

Myou
2008-12-30, 05:20 AM
Depending on your Dm, if you are going for a ranged ranger, it might make sense to shift some points out of constitution and into other stats. Also, there are a lot of variant rangers here (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Classes-Base.pdf), if your dm will let you use them, you should use the one that best suites your idea for your character.

Funny, the next post said the opposite adout Con. xD
I agree with both though, the moderate Con score is really depending on me managing to stay out of melee during the early rounds. Hell, even my wizard has more HP. (And a higher AC, but that's for another thread.)

Thanks for the suggestion about variants, I'll take a look at the options.

I'd say your stats are good to go. Good choices all around, including the int. If you don't have skills you might as well be a fighter who picks the rangery feats (and he still has more feats leftover). Then again you already get a lot of skill points. Str over con is iffy. I mean that's a lot of HP to give up for only 1 point of damage. But if you stay out of harms way it should work well. I'd just stick with what you got, or maybe hurt int or str a little for a higher con.

So do familiarize yourself with the skill rules. For one rangers make good snipers. See hide rules (sniping) and spot rules (range penalties), plus rules on range increments in the weapon/equipment section of the PHB. For skills that aren't opposed checks, you don't need to max them out. Just make sure you can make the DCs that you want to make. Again, check the rules for the DCs. Don't forget that you can take a 10 if not threatened or distracted, and on skills like search you can take a 20 (just takes 20 times longer). And there are no "nat 1's" or "nat 20's". Remembering that will help you get just enough ranks. Check out skill synergy at level 2.

For skills I'd get at a minimum (more is fine):

hide: 4
move silently: 4
survival: 4
climb: 2 (2+3+10=15 = DC for trees; though cliffs can get as high as DC 25)
swim: 0 or 2 (for DC 10 or 15)
jump: 1 or 2 (auto-success 5 feet in combat or 15 out of combat)
use rope: 0. With +5 dex you can take a 10 and do anything untrained.
search: 0. Not much use for it as survival is all you need for tracks. And when you do need it you can do it untrained and take a 20.
knowledge(nature): 4
Nature helps against the most monsters and the wilderness in general. Geography has hardly any use at all, pretty much just map stuff. Survival covers most things you might think geography was for. Dungeoneering should really be called "caves" since that's all it covers. Artificial dungeon stuff is not included. So that one depends whether you go underground or not.

Again, that's a minimum. Maxing out the ones that you maxed out is a pretty good idea, since you do have the points.

After you level up you'll find that a large number of ranger spells are useful in the wilderness. Get those. There are also utility/restoration spells and weak heals. Put those on cheap scrolls and wands rather than bogging down your spell list.

For feats I would get weapon focus later, but for one of your first two feats precise shot is probably better in a party.

Combat: Check out readied actions in the combat section of the PHB. They're great for archers. You can disrupt spellcasters or get off a free shot on incoming enemies. Also check out the many combat modifiers, such as cover and kneeling. This will be a big help at range.

Thanks for all the advice!

Myou
2008-12-30, 05:44 AM
Having talked to my DM about the Knowledge (Arcana) suggestion he's happily agreed to it, so I've updated my first post to reflect the slightly altered skills.

Eldariel
2008-12-30, 07:03 AM
I suggest you drop two points from Climb (because there's nary a place you really couldn't climb with 15, which is what you can take already) and move one point to Knowledge (Nature) [better keep it maxed] and one to Knowledge (Geography) [as you said, it makes sense, and especially on low levels, knowing the world, knowing the surroundings, etc. is really important]. I'd also consider doing the same to Swim, but that's up to you.

When you level up, I suggest half-leveling Climb and Knowledge (Geography); on level 2, place a point in Climb, level 3 a point in Knowledge (Geography) (while upping all your "4"s), etc. This way you keep both growing and effectively work the illusion of your character training and getting better at both, without burning too many skillpoints in it. And you'll still get to 5 points in Knowledge (Geography) soon enough for the Survival-synergy, and enough Climb to Climb walls and such.

Adumbration
2008-12-30, 07:17 AM
There's a racial substitution class you might want to take a look at in the Races of the Wild. It's Elf Ranger - it has d6 HD, but also 8+int skill points, slightly different favored enemy ability - instead of gaining bonus to Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, it gets them to Hide, Move Silently, Spot and Survival. You also get a special animal companion: Elven Hound. They're fairly good; they are Magical Beasts, have good stats, Scent and Sprint.

Myou
2008-12-30, 07:29 AM
There's a racial substitution class you might want to take a look at in the Races of the Wild. It's Elf Ranger - it has d6 HD, but also 8+int skill points, slightly different favored enemy ability - instead of gaining bonus to Bluff, Listen, Sense Motive, Spot, and Survival checks, it gets them to Hide, Move Silently, Spot and Survival. You also get a special animal companion: Elven Hound. They're fairly good; they are Magical Beasts, have good stats, Scent and Sprint.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did have a look at it, and it look good, but I'm looking to play a standard ranger really.

I suggest you drop two points from Climb (because there's nary a place you really couldn't climb with 15, which is what you can take already) and move one point to Knowledge (Nature) [better keep it maxed] and one to Knowledge (Geography) [as you said, it makes sense, and especially on low levels, knowing the world, knowing the surroundings, etc. is really important]. I'd also consider doing the same to Swim, but that's up to you.

When you level up, I suggest half-leveling Climb and Knowledge (Geography); on level 2, place a point in Climb, level 3 a point in Knowledge (Geography) (while upping all your "4"s), etc. This way you keep both growing and effectively work the illusion of your character training and getting better at both, without burning too many skillpoints in it. And you'll still get to 5 points in Knowledge (Geography) soon enough for the Survival-synergy, and enough Climb to Climb walls and such.

I don't really want to reduce his physical skills, since as a character he focuses more on those than on knowledge, but I agree with the principle.
I think I'll just go with 1 points in Geography and 3 in Nature, spreading new points between them, and accept that it'll be a while before I get a synergy bonus. He is meant to be young and inexperienced after all.

Thanks for the great advice.

Adumbration
2008-12-30, 07:43 AM
If you *know* that you'll be facing a lot of draconic enemies, I would suggest that you take a look at the Dragon Hunter feat line in Draconomicon, but they're not worth it if you will face a dragon only once or twice. They're not really for level 1 either, but they're something to remember for later.

Myou
2008-12-30, 08:03 AM
If you *know* that you'll be facing a lot of draconic enemies, I would suggest that you take a look at the Dragon Hunter feat line in Draconomicon, but they're not worth it if you will face a dragon only once or twice. They're not really for level 1 either, but they're something to remember for later.

Well, we're not gong to face many dragon at all, but my character would want to take feats like that if he could, so I'll definitely check them out, thanks.