View Full Version : Dame Morbid's Tourney Team 1

stinkomandx
2008-12-30, 03:47 PM
The day begins

You're wrested from your slumber (or trance, eladrin) by a rude sounding horn. You're in the bunkhouse where combatants are allowed free room and board. "Allowed" is a somewhat misleading term--it is prohibited to leave the confines of the arena until the fights are ove.r An otherwise mute hobgoblin stands by the main doors, his tarnished horn still bellowing out one note. The first round of the day is starting up, and he motions to five people in turn.

You know the rules. Looking around, you size up the people who will be backing you up in fights that will likely be lethal. Most of the other 50 or so people in the room breath a sigh of relief and go back to sleep, knowing that it's not their turn.

You suit up, and are led into the tunnel leading to the arena's main area. A low rumble becomes a deafening roar as you near the crowd. Light shines through the portcullis at the end of the tunnel, and a scarred man says "You'd best be getting your introductions out of the way now--you won't have any time once the fighting starts."

OOC: We're looking for character introductions here. Also, please give me an initiative roll as well. We'll be starting combat almost immediately.

Phasmatis
2008-12-30, 09:14 PM
'A chance... to stretch my limbs.' Gathering her gear, T'reena eyed the four others. 'Another Githyanki.', she thought, surprised that she had failed to notice her compatriot before.

Finished with her arms and armor, the Githyanki warrior stepped out onto the arena floor. Hair bound and tied back in the Githyanki style, T'reena was clad in crimson tinged leathers, and held a sword lightly in one hand. Still facing forward, she spoke just loudly enough for her group to hear. "Greetings all, my name is T'reena. It will be my pleasure to fight at your sides this day. May we all survive to see tomorrow's light."

[roll0]

Nelphine
2008-12-30, 09:24 PM
Magmin produces a sound akin to a dying frog.. apparently laughter. Her Tiefling heritage stands out proud in the glowing red horns upon her forehead; her glowing red eyes add to the demeanor. She pulls the charred leather armour around her and picks up her ironshod staff - it has obviously seen use with both tips, although mostly from poking at flames. Around her, a faintly iridescent cloak billows, confusing the eye.

"My name is Magmin, and I am a remnant of the flame. Our enemies shall rue facing the fire this day."

Initiative [roll0]

qube
2008-12-31, 06:47 AM
A third Gith stands up. looking around he adds to what Djelekh says

"I'm Kha'lymnm, and I specialize in blowing stuff up."

The githyanki stands not too tall, wearing a blown/bloodred leather armor, and having a burnmark scar on his right arm, in the form of an demonic symbol. On his left arm there's a light shield, and in his right hand, he carries a wand.

init: [roll0]

OneFamiliarFace
2008-12-31, 07:46 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, Orc Barbarian (not the dwarf Ungard)

A hulking grayish-green creature hefts the giant maul in his hands. He is bald and clean shaven. A single scar runs up his neck and chin to his bottom lip, giving him an odd downward grimace. A rusty, runed chainmail falls about his shoulders. Imsh pulls the coif about his head as the gates come up.

"I trust you all will stay out of my way when it gets bad. Though by the looks of you, you can probably hold your own."

He smiles, because this is his favorite part.

Initiative: [roll0]

For quick strategizing, we don't have a leader, so we'll probably need guys on crowd control. If Kha'lymnm and I focus down mushy targets, they should be a cinch. I'm probably just going to use my temporary hps to keep myself up, and charge around when I kill stuff or after I rage.

qube
2008-12-31, 09:27 AM
I agree: if the other party has a leader, we're better of hitting the squishy, as healing is less effective on him (since healing is dependenanf on healing value)
although ... if we could kill the leader in one turn, nuking 'm with encounters/dailys ...

either way. concentrating fire seems the best option.

edit: also, since we don't have a leader we don't need to stay close: we can slipt up (making it more difficult to hit multiple targets with area powers, ...)

Phasmatis
2008-12-31, 10:53 AM
We do have a leader. Areimis Whisperblade, JackTR69's Warlord / Wizard multiclass.

Nelphine
2008-12-31, 11:46 AM
Except Tor posted in here instead of Jack.. so we seem to have an extra wizard instead of a warlord/wizard. Which will give us 2 wizards, a barbarian and a warlock, and a swordmage. Lots of killing power, but no healing. Incidentally, I don't think we're fighting another team: instead we are 'fighting lethal challenges', which presumably COULD be another team, but as there aren't enough other people yet, probably won't be.

As an addendum, Magmin is built for killing, not controlling. Although she's very good at AoE as well, so mobs aren't problems.

JackTR69
2008-12-31, 01:19 PM
An Eladrin walks up to the already assembled group, a minute or so later than the others. An unsheathed sword rests on his shoulder, which in turn is clad in fine chain mail. His other arm hangs loose at his side, holding a blue embroidered shield.
"Don't worry men, I'll get us through this. Just follow my lead."

Init: [roll0]
Sorry I haven't been active posting, I'm staying with a friend for a couple of days, and his internet is crap. I should be posting a lot more by the weekend.
Anyways, I prefer to keep tactics in character, so I'll be using a lot of free actions to put in my five cents on what we should do.
Question for the DM: Mind if I change my character a bit? I just got access to the Martial Power book, and I think a reckless warlord would fit the character concept a lot better.
"I think it would be best if you and me lead the charge, orc."
Areimis looks darkly amused by the irony of going into battle with a man of the same species that he was leading his men into battle against mere months ago.

stinkomandx
2008-12-31, 05:21 PM
A hush falls over the arena as the six adventurers are led out into the sun. The arena is a square area, depressed about 10 feet into the ground. Elevated above the fighting pit are rows and rows of graduated stone bleachers. At the very top at the far end sits Dame Morbid, her face obscured by a veil. She holds a red scepter with a solid black spherical stone at the top, and she is flanked by two oddly proportioned trolls.

She motions you to enter, and the portcullis closes behind you. With a wave of her rod, a purple mote appears above the arena. It begins to swirl, and a thick black miasma billows out over the arena like a low-hanging cloud. Soon it blocks out the sun, cloaking the pit in an eerie purple glow.

The ground below you begins to rumble--then it tears open, causing some audience members to cry out in fear. A pale dark blue light shines from the newly-formed crevasse, and you see two dark forms climb out, each dripping some sort of nauseating rot. A second later, a shrieking black shadowy form flies out, its eyes a dark glowing red.

Behind you, hands reach out from the ground and frantically push aside dirt as more creatures unbury themselves from the ground. 10 grim, predatory figures stand behind you, baring their fangs. The final creature stands at 8 feet tall, wrapped head to toe in gauze.

Fight's on.

Initiative order:
Kha'lymnm: 23
Guardian Mummy: 22
Mad Wraith: 19
Imsh: 15
Vampire spawn: 11
Corruption Corpses: 10
T'Reena: 9
Magmin: 8
Areimis: 6

(OOC: Jack, "you can have whatever you like." Bravura warlords are too cool to not allow a change mid-fight)
http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/8739/round1wa1.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

Also, if you could post this next to your name on your round's actions:

DM HP: xx/xx | AC: xx Fort: xx Ref: xx Will: xx | Surges remaining: xx/xx

That would make life easy street.

qube
2009-01-01, 02:18 AM
Kha'lymnm init 22
(is it OK if I instead post my char sheet in spoiler block, instead of some info in the title: it makes it easy for me to see what has been used, and keep track of everything)

race/class: male githyanki, inferlock
Initiative: +8
HP: 47/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)
AC: 21 Fort: 18 Refl: 19 Will: 16
saves: +2 vs charm, resist poison 5
Speed: 6
Telekenetic leap move (range10) you or trgt; fly 5 (remain in line of sight)
infernal pact: kill cursed: gain 4 temp hp
prime shot: nearest = +1 on ranged attacks
shadow walk: move 3 -> concealment UeoNT
Warlocks curse: minor (nearest enemy) 1/rnd +1d6; cursing deals 1 damage
Eldritch blast st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d10+6
Hellish rebuke st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d6+6 fire; if I take damage, trgt takes 1d6+6 fire damage
Vampiric Embrace st ac (range5) +8 vs will 2d8+6 necro, and gain 9 temp hp
Flames of phlegothos st ac (range10) +8 vs refl 3d10+6 fire; effect ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)
Fiendish Resilience minor gain 10 temp hp
Fiery bolt st ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 3d6+5 fire;adjecent creatures get 1d6+9

Acrobatics +3, Arcane +11, Bluff +8, History +13, Insight +7

str: 8 (+1) dex: 10 (+2) wis: 10 (+2)
con: 20 (+7) int: 18 (+6) cha:13 (+3)

feats:, light shield proficiency, impr init, toughness
items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance"meh, I see we have been given lambs to slaughter ... Calcifer, aid me!" th infernal burnmark on his arm glows smuldring red, as Kha'lymnm holds his jagged wand towards the closes vampire spawn.

minor action: curse Vampire spawn D10. this deals 'm 1 damage.

if it kills 'm (I'm kinda hoping they're minions):
Kha'limnm (infernal pact) gets three time 4 temp hp that do not stack (temp hp from the same source don't stack) (so only 4 temp hp)
minor action: curse C12 (since its also a V, it's would also be dead)
minor action: curse C7 (since its also a V, it's would also be dead)
(edit ... I can only curse 1/round. darn, and in edit, you can't make additional rolls ... euh ... Hellish rebuke + Prime Shot on C7. using the 1d20+9 attack roll, and 1d6 (it deals 1d6+6 damage) roll made below ...)

if the curse doesn't kill D10:
standard: Vampiric Embrace + Prime Shot
[roll0] vs will [roll1] necro + [roll2] curse, and gain 9 temp hp
and (infernal pact) 4 temp hp if he dies

stinkomandx
2009-01-01, 05:16 PM
The DM hates playing nice.

Kha'lymnm curses the vampire spawn using whatever arcane mysteries he has gathered from his infernal ties. As he does, thousands of tiny cuts appear on the vampire's clothes and skin. A powdery gas escapes through these cuts as the undead "deflates" into itself. Then, he burns the crap out of another one.

Meanwhile, the bandaged mummy slowly lumbers towards T'Reena. He raises one thick arm back and slams it into her, partially knocking the wind out of her and making her feel suddenly queasy. At the same time, it invokes a primordial sense of dread in all members of the party.

The wraith swoops down on the party as the audience gasps. All PC's are assaulted by the sounds of insane whispering, high pitched laughter, and what sounds like a frantic woman being drowned. The wraith reaches out and touches Kha'lymnm, who turns suddenly with a manic grin and wide eyes. The githyanki stiffly stumbles toward a hungry looking vampire before turning and blasting Imsh with an eldritch blast.

Battle report
T'reena suffers 13 points of damage and, at the end of the combat, will have to save against Mummy Rot.
The aura surrounding the mummy inflicts a -2 penalty to attack rolls against the Mummy.
The Wraith does 11 psychic damage to Kha'lymnm. Khalymnm is forced to move to D-12, where he is forced to use Eldritch Blast against Imsh, dealing 7 points of damage.
Finally, anyone in the Wraith's aura (i.e. everyone) is dazed and takes 5 psychic damage on the beginning of their turn.
Imsh is up next.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9634/round11cy2.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)
(Qube: In a great majority of situations, temporary hit points do not stack, period. If you Vampirically Embrace someone who you have cursed, your net total of temporary HP would be whichever source gave you the most--the VE, most likely)

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-02, 02:02 AM
Imsh Pathfinder
HP: 39/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 12/12

As Imsh gives an approving look to the Eladrin, chaos erupts around him. The wraith's chitterings ring about Imsh's armor, threatening to release the curse that follows him, he puts one hand to his head and shakes it to steady himself, and then focuses on the rotting corpses across the chasm: an escape from the overwhelming evil of the undead here.

"I'll be right back." The hulking orc takes off at a dead run and leaps the chasm, slashing out at the corpse to his left with his maul as he lands.

Standard action: charges Corruption Corpse at K4, jumping the pit as part of move and landing in L5. Uses Howling Strike, which can be used as part of a charge.

Jump: [roll0]

Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

stinkomandx
2009-01-02, 02:46 AM
For a moment, all creatures on the battlefield pause to watch as Imsh hurls himself over the crackling hole in the ground. His stomach turns in revulsion as he lands near the rotting corpse, but he manages to slam his maul into the creature's gut. As he pulls his maul away, he notices with dismay that the creature seems to regenerate a small portion of the damage.

Instantly, the vampire attack all at once, with the precision timing of an expert pack of wolves. Their filthy claws rake at Kha'lymnm and T'reena, hungrily trying to draw blood. The corpses, suddenly attacked by Imsh, try to swing at him.

Battle report

Imsh lands the hit.
Any living creature standing in the Corruption Corpses' aura takes -5 penalty to their attack rolls.
Three vampire spawn on Kha' hit, dealing 15 damage.
2 vampire spawn hit T'reena for 10 damage.
Attacks against the warlord and wizard fail.
One Corpse hits Imsh for 4 damage.

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/159/round12dd1.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

T'reena is up next, with Magmin, Areimis, and Kha'lymnm on deck.

JackTR69
2009-01-02, 10:51 AM
Areimis Whisperblade
Free Action: "Good work barbarian, now finish them quickly and get back over here! Magmin, break off and take down that wraith!"
To the DM: I hope you don't mind posts like this, it's how I like to get information from character to character.

qube
2009-01-02, 04:01 PM
Kha'lymnm init 22
hp: 4 temp, minus 5 psy from aura, minus 15 from vamp spawns ...

HP: 31/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)
effects: dazed (wraith aura), ongoing 5 Psy (wraith aura), -2attack vs G (mummy aura)
Hellish rebuke st. ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 1d6+6 fire; if I take damage, trgt takes 1d6+6 fire damage
Flames of phlegothos st ac (range10) +8 vs refl 3d10+6 fire; effect ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends)

items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance"euh ... Impish, you had some dirt on your shoulder. fixed it for ya!" Kha'Lymnm looks at the wraith ... "Hey, ya like to pull strings? allow me to burn 'm!"

actions:
edit2, ((eep missed the dazing aura... boy I'm prone to errors these last few posts. sry 'bout that .... euh, ))
dependant on how long does daze works (is it lost from the moment we step out of the aura, or until we start our turn outside the aura)
if shifting outside the aura fixes things, Kha will shift ot shift to E13 (outside aura), curse (=1damage) and thus kill E12, and then hellish rebuke (without prime shot) on wraith.
If shifting outside the aura won't help the help ... euh ... curse and thus kill E12

If E12 is already dead, subsitute 'm for a nearest minion at random. if non are left, hellish rebuke on the wraith (who I first curse if I have enough actions)
rolls, if needed

- attack roll for hellish rebuke (the roll assumes +8 attack, +1 prime shot) [roll0] attack,
- damage [roll1] fire damage (and [roll2] if Kha gets damaged this turn)
- curse roll is in the post below

Nelphine
2009-01-03, 02:01 AM
OOC: Please note: either this is after Treena (if the DM wants init to be done in exact order) or Treena can delay until after this. I'm mostly posting to make sure people don't wait later for me to act.

Magmin cackles with joy, seeing many enemies bundled together; ignoring the advice of the warlord, she bounds into the midst of the enemies and unleashes flaming hell upon all the undead in the viscinity.

Take 5 psychic damage from wraith.

AC 22, Fort 18, Ref 19, Will 19, HP 33/38

Move: Move to F11 (provoke one attack of opportunity from the Vampire Spawn starting next to me)
Standard: Fire Shroud (close burst 3 against enemies only)

damage against any of the below who are hit [roll0] and any who are hit take 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends)

attacks Fort
vs Wraith: [roll1]
vs V at C11: [roll2]
vs V at C12: [roll3]
vs V at E12: [roll4]
vs V at E13: [roll5]
vs V at G13: [roll6]
vs V at H13: [roll7]
vs V at I13: [roll8]
vs V at I12: [roll9]
vs Gaurdian Mummy: [roll10] (includes -2 for attacking mummy)

qube
2009-01-03, 06:04 AM
if E12 was dead, Kha'lymnm can curse the wraith, who he attacks. The curse deals 1 damage and [roll0]damage if helish rebuke hits

stinkomandx
2009-01-03, 01:12 PM
We'll proceed as if Magmin goes next, but we'll wait for Kha's move until either T'reena or Areimis goes.

As Magmin gleefully dances backward, one of the vampire spawn reaches out with its claws--Magmin bats the claw out of the way with a giggle. Only a tiny sulfurous smell provides any hint of what is to come, when a massive blast of flame and light suddenly explode out of Magmin. The flames part around the wraith and mummy, but several vampire spawn are less lucky. Charred skeletons are all that remain of half the vampire spawn population, which promptly crumble like spent coals into the ground.

Battle Report
Magmin toasts herself up some vampires.
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8276/round13lm7.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

(OOC: I've gotten a similar question from a few people regarding how many fights we can expect in a day, etc. It's posted here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5584628&posted=1#post5584628))

JackTR69
2009-01-03, 02:50 PM
Areimis HP: 32/37 AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 14 Surges: 7/7
"Get up planeswalker! It's not time to die yet! Magmin, what are you doing?"
T'reena get's a to spend a healing surge plus 1d6. I can't edit it in to the post, so go ahead and roll it next time you post. Being dazed is really annoying. Nelphine, I don't think you could have taken all those actions while still being dazed from the wraiths attack.

stinkomandx
2009-01-03, 03:22 PM
(Jack's right unless you want to spend an action point)

Nelphine
2009-01-04, 01:58 AM
oi criminey; since I missed the dazed part of that, I'll blow my AP.. silly silly me

or if you want to be super nice, I won't move, and I'll just hit the three I killed anyway! har har, no just waste my AP to move

stinkomandx
2009-01-04, 01:29 PM
(Jack, unfortunately Commander's Strike range is Melee Weapon, which means you can only use it against targets you can hit with a melee attack. So no helping Imsh)

Phasmatis
2009-01-04, 09:49 PM
T'reena HP: 23/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 12/12

'Not ... good.' T'reena thought grimly to herself, already well bloodied before she had the chance to take action herself. The wraith-song throbbed in her head, confusing her.

Barely able to keep her wits about her, she struck out at the nearest creature, one of the vampires.

Free
Flaming Longsword
All damage dealt by this weapon is fire damage. Another free action returns the damage to normal.

Standard
Booming Blade on V @ G13
[roll0]
[roll1]

Sorry about the delayed posting. The internet at home's screwy, had to wait to come into work to post.

Jack, perhaps give T'reena an Inspiring Word, or the Commander's Strike?

JackTR69
2009-01-04, 10:18 PM
(thanks, I read that wrong. Action corrected.)

stinkomandx
2009-01-05, 12:53 AM
(Kha, you only get one action regardless of whether you leave the aura on this turn.)

The murmurs continue to echo from the wraith, now sounding like the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes. The heroes struggle to maintain their focus, with T'reena successfully blowing a vampire in half with a thunderous boom of her longsword. Another of Kha'lymnm's curses dusts a vampire spawn, and Areimis' words offer some comfort to T'reena's wounds.

The mummy cuts her comfort short though, with another slam to the stomach. While T'reena deals with her shortness of breath, the wraith swoops towards Magmin, cloaked arm outstretched. Magmin does not even notice.

Battle report
T'reena kills G-13, and Kha kills E-12.
Mummy hits T'reena for 12 points of damage.
The Wraith's attack misses.
http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/7290/round21ia1.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

Imsh is up, with T'reena and Magmin on deck.

Phasmatis
2009-01-05, 12:55 AM
T'reena HP: 23/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 12/12

[roll0]

Phasmatis
2009-01-05, 12:56 AM
T'reena HP: 40/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 11/12

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-05, 01:28 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, brand new defender.
HP: 35/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13 (+4 to hit him); Surges 12/12

Imsh steps backwards to hedge in the zombies towards the crevice. He brings his hammer around in a dangerous arc to ward off the zombies and give himself some space to breathe.

Then, a red mist comes over his eyes, and he howls with anger. His maul swipes down at the same zombie with reckless abandon, and Imsh is left open to attacks from all sides, as he follows through with his swing.

Move Action: Shift to L4.

Standard Action: Recuperating Strike on K4.
Attack: [roll0]
Hit: [roll1] damage and I gain 4 temp hps.

Action Point: Avalanche Strike on K4. (+2 hit from Areimis' Tactical Presence)
Attack: [roll2]
Hit: [roll3] damage
Effect: Enemies get +4 to hit Imsh until the start of his next turn.

Edit: If I knocked the dude out, then I get 4 temp hps.

Phasmatis
2009-01-05, 01:45 AM
I realise I failed to roll a saving throw against Mummy's Rot. Should I do so now?

[roll0]

stinkomandx
2009-01-05, 01:50 AM
An explosion of gore and necrotic filth rip from the corpse that Imsh obliterates. Everywhere the rot lands, the ground grows brittle and brown. Imsh's fortitude is too strong for the necromantic energy, and its effect barely even registers.

The other zombie continues to try to beat Imsh, not pausing for even a moment following the destruction of its partner. It slams into Imsh's exposed back, leaving a nasty welt.

At the same time, the vampire spawn continue to slash and claw with little care for the rapid destruction of their peers. They move to flank Kha'lymnm, and one lands a blow.

Battle report

Imsh's massive 33 damage kills one corruption corpse, and its Death Burst attack fails to beat his fortitude defense.
Imsh takes 9 damage from a corpse Slam
Kha'lymnm takes 5 damage from one vampire spawn.

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/1901/round22iq9.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

All party members sans Imsh are up.

qube
2009-01-05, 02:23 AM
Kha'lymnm init 22
hp: 31 hp, + 4 temp, - 5 (from V), -5 (from aura W)...

HP: 25/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)
effects: dazed (wraith aura), ongoing 5 Psy (wraith aura), -2attack vs G (mummy aura)

items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chanceslighty adjitated, Kha'lymnm shouts "What the heck are you guys doing? could someone please obliterate that wraith... ",

Then he points his wand to a vampire spawn "In Calcifer's name, Die!"
action: curse and kill D11
(since he's flanked and dazed, Kha'lymnm's options - being a ranged combatant - are very limited.)

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-05, 03:06 AM
Imsh Pathfinder
HP: 35/51 (+4 temp); AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13 (+4 to hit him); Surges 12/12

Emboldened by his recent kill and seeing his companions in trouble, Imsh barks some suggestions across the way.

"Kha'lymnm, do whatever you can to get away from the wraith. Go on the defensive if you have to, and then you can attack it. Everyone, take the wraith now, and I'll see if I can't join you on that musty bag of dry cloth in a moment here! T'reena, can you ward the mummy off for now?"

For what it is worth, I dealt all my damage to K4 (who was also the guy I charged), and I shifted to L4. So the Zombie in M5 should be the one who is up, and I should be in L4.

I wanted to kill M5 so I could bull rush the remaining guy in, but in order to charge right between them, I had to attack K4 instead.

Phasmatis
2009-01-05, 06:15 AM
T'reena HP: 23/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 11/12

"A wraith on one side, a mummy on the other, but I will try!" T'reena shouted back at the orc, then said to herself in a softer whisper, "Try, or die trying ..."

The githyanki struck out at the wraith, attempting to get it to stop it's keening attack on her senses.

Standard
Booming Blade on Wraith @ G11
[roll0]
[roll1]

IF hit, and if the target is adjacent to you at the start of its turn and moves away, it takes [roll2]

[roll=Endurance vs Mummy's Rot]1d20+11

Phasmatis
2009-01-05, 06:19 AM
Oops!

[roll0]

JackTR69
2009-01-05, 06:47 AM
Areimis HP: 32/37 AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 14 Surges: 7/7
"Form up men, the fight is almost won!"
Using Myrmidon Formation on the wraith.
Damage: [roll1]
At the beginning of my next turn, everyone adjacent to me gains 5 temp hp.
Sorry, I changed to bravura presence, which you have to decide to use before you make an attack granted by an action point. If you hit, you get either a move action or a basic attack. If you miss, you grant combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

Nelphine
2009-01-05, 09:50 AM
"Burrrrrnnnn!" Magmin howls at the wraith attempting to drown out the keening pain, and lets loose an avalanche of fire at it.

Takes 5 damage from psychic aura and is dazed.

HP 28/38 AC 22, Fort 18, Ref 19, Will 19

Standard: Burning Hands up and to my right, affecting only the wraith, attacking ref [roll0]
If it hits: Fire damage: [roll1]

stinkomandx
2009-01-06, 05:30 PM
T'reena's longsword streaks through the wraith with a thunderous bang, causing the shadows forming the wraith to fly apart and coalesce. It would appear that while her attack was successful, the wraith's insubstantial nature reduced her attack's damage.

Areimis and Magmin have similar luck, although those near the warlord are heartened by his heroism, while those standing near Magmin can't help but wonder what he's like on his days off.

The wraith whispers orders to the mummy, and the mummy moves into a flanking position. The undead synchronize their attacks, mercilessly targeting T'reena. The wraith misses. The mummy does not.

Battle report

Please remember to subtract 5 hit points every round if you're in the Wraith's field. Areimis, I think, should be 5 points further down.

T'reena does 4 damage to the Wraith.
Kha'lymnm kills D-11
Areimis does 8 points of damage to the Wraith.
Magmin does 6 points of damage to the Wraith.
Mummy deals 11 points of damage to T'reena.

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/8868/round31yc4.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

Imsh is up.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-06, 08:56 PM
HP: 30/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 12/12

"Good work! Keep up the assault on the thing. It can't last forever!"

Swinging with bravura as he goes, Imsh steps around to trap the corpse between a hammer and a hole.

Feet set in place, he needs time to recuperate, so he tries to batter away the zombie's clawing arms to get some room to think.

Last Round: Bravura Warlord Attack:
Hit: [roll1]
I assume the coprse will regen a bit of this damage on his last turn as well, so just subtract his regen from this damage if I hit.

Move Action: Shift to M5.

Standard Action: Recuperating Strike
Hit: [roll3], and Imsh gains 4 temp hps.

stinkomandx
2009-01-06, 09:04 PM
Imsh's attacks are both wild, and they miss accordingly.

Seeing her last peer get cursed into oblivion, the vampire spawn runs as far to the southwest as she can.

(I don't have time to adjust the map, so just use your imagination).

Phasmatis
2009-01-07, 01:11 AM
T'reena HP: 25/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 10/12

Reeling from yet another strike from the mummy, T'reena turns her warding inward for a moment, drawing on her inner reserves to invigorate herself. She thrusts her sword at the apparition, attempting to use teleportation magic to better position herself.

Standard
Second Wind

Free
Use an Action Point, using Areimis's Bravura Presence.

Standard
Transposing Lunge on Wraith

[roll0]
[roll1]

IF hit, teleport Wraith to H13

Free
IF Tranposing Lunge hits, Basic attack on Wraith

[roll2]
[roll3]

qube
2009-01-07, 03:09 AM
Kha'lymnm init 22
hp: 25 hp, + 4 temp, -5 (from aura W)...

HP: 24/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)

items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance
"Oh no you don't! Get back here!",
I think Kha'lymnm is intitled to a oppertunity attack, though I'm not sure (using my shield as improvised weapon (a.k.a. untrained shield bash) ... heck, perhaps V used shift+move) [roll0][roll1]

during his turn, Kha'lymnm executes a tacktical retreat: hopefully the wraith stays away from me ...
action: run action, north west (8 squares)

If he's able to leave the map, he's at row 4, 5 squares of the map (no need to move the map for his sake - I'll keep his position in the top of my posts). Else he's at A4

qube
2009-01-07, 10:09 AM
Kha'lymnm
(previous post assumed Wraith still in location)
if the Wraith lands in H13, Kha'lymnm is no longer dazed, nor does he take 5 damage (25+4temp)...

move: G8
minor: curse and cause 1 damage to wraith (yes, both the wraith and the mummy are the same distance (5squares) of 'm)
standard: Eldritch Blast on wraith
[roll0][roll1][roll2]

edit: wham, thats 19 damage with a good attack. now just hoping the wraith in fact is in H13 ...

ignore this
I'm trying roll="something" for the first time. if the rolls fail, here are others

- attack [roll3] vs ref
- damage [roll4]
- curse [roll5]

stinkomandx
2009-01-07, 10:39 PM
(Areimis and Magmin are up, I believe)

Nelphine
2009-01-08, 01:31 PM
Could you just confirm where the Wraith is? (Ie did it get transposed?)

JackTR69
2009-01-08, 05:09 PM
"T'reena! Take that mummy down before it can kill anyone!"
Letting T'reena use a basic attack with +3 damage via commanders strike.

stinkomandx
2009-01-08, 09:08 PM
(GAH sorry! I should have made it more clear)

T'reena's attack, while tactically sound, narrowly misses the Wraith. The Wraith celebrates by sending the sound of an ear-piercing screech into the minds of all party members around it.

Nelphine
2009-01-09, 07:41 AM
Magmin howls in triumph as she recognizes the teleportation blow... and screams in fury as it fails to connect with the wraith! She again tries to outdo the wraith's wailing by sending forth a blast of thunder to drown it out.

Takes 5 psychic damage and is dazed from wraith's aura.

HP 23/38, AC 22, Fort 18, Ref 19, Will 19

Standard: Thunderwave up and to the right, affecting only the wraith.
[roll0] Attack vs fort - if the wraith is bloodied, add 1 to this number.
[roll1] Damage if it hits (push 0 as well)

OOC: This aura is starting to really take it's toll...

stinkomandx
2009-01-09, 02:32 PM
A blast of thunderous force issues out of Magmin's hand. The wraith braces against the attack, but shreds of its shadowy body are ripped off into the air.

Kha'lymnm, realizing that while "discretion" is not always the better part of valor, sometimes the better part of victory is "retreating far enough to blast." He makes it to A-4.

Both undead continue their relentless assault on T'reena, and the wraith begins to project the sounds of what sounds like T'reena, tearfully begging for her life. With one practiced move, she sidesteps the wraith's swipe while parrying the mummy's fist.

Meanwhile, the rift at the north end of the arena tears further open. Chunks of the arena fall into the crackling necromantic energy, and the space between the rift and Imsh reduce to just a few feet. At the same time, rotting hands come up from the ground on the south-east end of the arena. Zombies in advanced states of decomposition unbury themselves and being a slow, steady lurch towards the combat.

Battle report:
T'Reena gets a free basic attack on Areimis' turn against the mummy, with +3 to the damage roll. Don't forget the -2 penalty to attack for being within the mummy's aura.
No enemy attacks connect--the only damage is from the Wraith's aura.
No enemies are bloodied
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3826/round41ub7.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)
Imsh is up

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-10, 02:04 AM
Imsh is pissed.

A widening of the orc's eyes accompany the widening of the rift.

"Alright boys, let's finish this up. It looks like the Dame is gettin' bored!"

Noticing the corpse's refusal to prance about, Imsh decides to do a little moving himself. He heads out and upward, heedless of the zombie's grubby paws. Then he sets his shoulders, remembering his old Deathball drills back in the camps, and charges screaming at the putrid beast. His maul is lowered, but his shoulder is extended, and he slams into the zombie's chest.

Move Action: Move 4 squares to P2, suffering OA.

Standard Action: BULL RUSH CHARGE ATTACK!
Attack: [roll0] (+5 str, +2 level, +1 charge, +2 powerful charge, -5 stupid aura)
Hit: Smelly zombie has to pass a save or be dropped into oblivion.

Going for the Gusto: If the zombie is knocked down and killed, then Imsh will use his Swift Charge ability to charge the wraith at H11 (using Howling Strike in place of a basic attack), leaping back across the narrowest part of the chasm (appearing to be about 7-8ft there). If the zombie is not reduced to 0 hps, then Imsh can't use this ability.

Jump: [roll1]
Hit: [roll3]

*Crosses all of his fingers*

stinkomandx
2009-01-10, 01:26 PM
The corruption corpse gives Imsh a parting gift in the way of a blow to his shoulder, then the orc takes off running. He throws his weight into the zombie, throwing the zombie off its feat. Its eyes register shock, and it slams into the ground, skidding towards the pit. At the last moment, it digs its arms into the ground. A "squelch" sound can be heard, and one of its arms is torn off, still grasping the ground. The rest of the corpse ends its movement just short of the pit's edge.

It stands up and feebly hits Imsh.

The vampire spawn returns in force, damagin Areimis with a brutal rake of its claws.

Battle Report
The corpse hits Imsh with its OA, dealing 5 points of damage.
Imsh's Bull Rush connects, but the zombie makes its save. It deals 4 points of damage with its attack on its turn.
(Jack, please put the following information in your posts--Areimis' defenses and HP. It's a lot easier on Dam..I mean, the DM.)
http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/6843/round42cx1.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)

The team, sans Imsh, is up.

qube
2009-01-10, 02:11 PM
Kha'lymnm init 22
HP: 24/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)

items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance((ooc: FREEDOOOOOOOM !!!!))

"anyone who wants to fly?"
((ooc: first to post here that he/she wants to fly 5 squares - except Impish (range 10, sry) -, I use my move action during my turn to and use telekenetic leap on that person (you can fly 5 squares))

minor: curse wraith, dealing 1 damage
move: nothing, or use telekenetic leap
standard: vampiric embrace
[roll0]
[roll1][roll2] wham crit: 28 damage on the wraith ...
... thats 29 in total!

JackTR69
2009-01-10, 02:50 PM
Areimis HP: 22/37 AC: 20 Fort: 17 Ref: 16 Will: 14 Surges: 7/7
Sorry, forgot to put that bar up there since I wasn't actually rolling any dice myself. You never specified how much damage the vampire did to me, but if I remember right those things do 5, so that's what I took.

Nelphine
2009-01-10, 03:10 PM
*Steals telekinetic leap to avoid further damage from aura*

Magmin sails away from the keening wraith, landing to toss another firebomb toward the mummy and the remaining vampire spawn. Eyeing the incoming zombie hordes (oh how easy they are to eat with fire..) Magmin quaffs a potion to prepare for future onslaughts.

Via the move action from Kha'lymnm, fly to F16 (going round to the left to avoid AoOs)

Standard: Scorching burst centered at H14, hitting mummy and vampire spawn.
Attack vs mummy Ref [roll0]
Attack vs vampire Ref [roll1]

Damage if hit either [roll2]

Move: Draw potion

Minor: Spend healing surge to drink potion

HP 33/38, A 22, F 18, R 19, W 19, any ranged attacks against me from further than 5 squares have -5 to hit.
Surges: 8/9

Edit: For all those wondering why I keep attacking things other than the wraith... all my attacks are AoE, and things like the vampire spawn can do just as much damage as the wraith; so if I can (as I just did) take out a spawn, and hurt something else, it makes sense; and as my attacks do relatively low damage on the wraith... anyway, I realize it may not be the best move in the world, but I am stuck with aoe or hitting people in the face with my staff.

Phasmatis
2009-01-10, 08:42 PM
T'reena HP: 20/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 10/12

"The mummy?" T'reena calls out as she carries out Areimis' order. Even as she struck out, she replies, "Were we not to take down this screaming thing first?" She turned, striking at the wraith, willing her ice magic into her blow.

Free
Basic Attack on Mummy with Commander's Strike
[roll0]
[roll1]

Standard
Chilling Blow on Wraith
[roll2]
[roll3]

IF hit, the target takes 4 cold damage each time it attacks until the start of my next turn.

EDIT: Critical Hit for 14 damage.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-11, 10:53 PM
Imsh Pathfinder
HP 21/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 12/12

Imsh roars at his failure to knock over the zombie. "Yes, excellent work, warlock! That wraith will drive us mad! We have to take it down, and then the mummy will fall to our combined might!"

@Magmin: I understand the action, and it looks like it scorched the vampire and will show us the mummy's weakness :-p, which will open the door for a flaming sphere.

@Kha and T'reena: Did you guys remember to add your extra damage for critting with a magic weapon? The damage you listed doesn't seem to include a rolling of that extra die.

@EveryoneThe reason we need to take down the wraith first is because it deals 5 damage to everyone in its aura every turn, automatically. The spawn deals 5 damage to one person, once per turn, if it hits. In addition, the wraith keeps us from shifting, moving, and cursing (which is more important than the damage they deal), AND it is currently flanking our defender who can't escape.

Metagaming wise, it is also minorly because the mummy regenerates and the wraith does not, but we couldn't know that before. We will shortly, now that the mummy has probably been hit. We can also outrun the melee based mummy after the wraith is killed, keeping our damaged guys out of his reach, so we can keep using their skills and abilities.

Roleplaying wise, I'm taking down the zombies because Imsh likes the dramatic, jumping across the pit. Metagaming wise, it's because we can't afford to be weakened, when the wraith and mummy are already near impossible to kill without focusing all of our fire on one of them at a time. Otherwise, I'd be hitting the wraith too.

@Also Everyone: I would say by the end of this battle, at least 2 of us should have used our dailies and 2 of us our action points (but maybe not both).

qube
2009-01-12, 02:49 AM
oops.additional damage of crit [roll0] ... :smalleek: ... oh well, 30 damage flat, that is ...

about AP/dailies: IIRC magmin and T'reena have both used their AP. I don't know about dailies though.

If the mummy is weak vs fire I could use my daily (ongoing damage + vunrabiliy stacks :evil grin:). else I could just use my hellish rebuke

(I can't use other encounter 'Fiery bolt', as long as there are allies adjecent )

JackTR69
2009-01-12, 09:45 AM
I would actually go ahead and use fiery bolt. It only does a d6 to adjacent targets if I remember right, and it does a lot more to the mummy. I would net us less damage because the mummy would get less attacks. And if we don't kill the mummy before the zombies get there, we'll have a problem.
"Warlock! Take that mummy down!"

Nelphine
2009-01-12, 01:26 PM
Depends on the zombies; with that many they might be minions, which scorching burst can wipe out rather quickly. Even if they're not minions, zombies only move speed 4, so we can ranged them down to nothing; as long as we get the wraith out of the picture.

JackTR69
2009-01-12, 03:53 PM
True true, but I'd rather not take any chances. The dame might decide to throw something else at us, which could make us have a very bad day if we're still taking penalties from the mummy. I guess we should take the wraith down first since it's messing us up pretty bad, but we should try to do everything quickly.

stinkomandx
2009-01-12, 04:58 PM
Dame Morbid's face is impossible to discern from behind her veil, but the audience is in an uproar. T'reena and Kha'lymnm's attacks both connect with the Wraith, and its entire body seems to flicker like a dark candle. It still floats overhead, but it seems to be fraying at the edges like an ancient weaving. It's hard to tell quite who the audience is rooting for, but they DO like the bloodshed.

Magmin is launched via Kha'lymnm's telekinesis, landing on her feet and thoroughly torching the vampire spawn. The mummy is also hit, causing its wrappings to momentarily erupt into flames. Still, even as the bandages burn, the very sand beneath the mummy seems to crawl up and mend the burns.

The Wraith continues to attack, although frost particles appear on it as it does. Its wavering form is starting to lose substance, and its attack phases right through T'reena. The mummy's incredibly solid fist connects. The groaning of the zombies becomes louder as they slowly approach the melee.

Battle report
Mummy does 13 damage to T'reena.
Wraith misses, taking 2 damage
http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/4707/round51ex3.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)
Imsh is up!

New Initiative
(I'm assuming that Magmin stalled on his initiative to take advantage of Kha's turn...as such, here's the new initiative)

Kha'lymnm: 23
Magmin: 22
Guardian Mummy: 21
Mad Wraith: 19
Imsh: 15
Vampire spawn: 11
Corruption Corpses: 10
T'Reena: 9
Areimis: 6
Zombies: 0

qube
2009-01-13, 01:52 AM
I would actually go ahead and use fiery bolt. It only does a d6 to adjacent targets if I remember right, and it does a lot more to the mummy. I would net us less damage because the mummy would get less attacks. And if we don't kill the mummy before the zombies get there, we'll have a problem."

d6? well euh ... if I hit the main target, any adjecent creature automatically gets 1d6+9... thats an average of 15.5 on the mummy (vunrabilities not included), but also 12.5 T'reena and Areimis ... I'dd rather not do that.
Good news however: I act after you guys, but before the mummy IIRC, so from the moment the wraith is gone and daze aura is gone, you can both shift 1, and I can launch it with no problems"Calsifer refuses! get away from the mummy and he might reconsider!"

Phasmatis
2009-01-13, 02:11 AM
Note that after taking into account the 5 ongoing damage from the Wraith aura, T'reena will be down to 2 HP.

Nelphine
2009-01-13, 04:28 PM
And not a big thing, but the Vampire Spawn on the map, is actually dead and not there.

stinkomandx
2009-01-15, 12:15 AM
Cough cough...Imsh is up

(Also yeah, that vampire spawn should be gone)

qube
2009-01-15, 02:03 AM
Cough cough...Imsh is up

(Also yeah, that vampire spawn should be gone)((ooc: While we're waiting ... is the wraith bloodied? after taking 2 crits (on of which 30 damage) I would think so.))

JackTR69
2009-01-15, 07:15 AM
(occ: Remember that it's taking half damage from anything we throw at him because of insubstantial. So that 30 damage crit did more like 15. I'm pretty sure he did mention something about it looking like we'd messed it up pretty well though.)

stinkomandx
2009-01-15, 06:27 PM
I'd say "really really bloodied."

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-17, 04:52 AM
Imsh, is sorry, he had no computer access.
HP 21/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 12/12

Now that he has stuck himself into his strategy, he can't stop now. Imsh lopes back again, trying his best to deflect grasping zombie hands, and then charges into it again, hoping to fling it into the abyss.

Move Action: Move to P2, drawing OA.

Standard Action: BULL RUSH CHARGE ATTACK DELTA!
Hit: Corpse must pass a save or fall into pit.

Extra Action: If Corpse is reduced to 0 hps, then charge Wraith at H11 using Swift Charge, and use Howling Strike. Jumping over smallest part.
Jump: [roll1]
Hit: [roll3] damage.

Also, the vampire spawn is still shone on the map, though I think he is dead.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-17, 04:55 AM
Imsh, and since that is a Crit on the wraith...

If the corpse falls and Imsh crits the Wraith, then his first attack deals 27 + [roll0] damage, and he gets a free basic attack against it.

Basic Attack:
Attack: [roll1]
Hit: [roll2]

stinkomandx
2009-01-18, 12:56 AM
The corruption corpse teeters at the chasm's edge after the last attack. As Imsh pulls away, the corpse gets one more parting shot into Imsh's back. Imsh responds by blasting into the corpse, giving it the final push necessary to launch it over the side. It tumbles into the dark abyss, disappearing into the glowing clouds. Imsh uses his momentum to launch himself across the gulch, landing near the wraith. Although the mad sounds of the wraith begin to bubble into his brain, Imsh keeps focused long enough to force his weapon through the shade, finally tearing it in half. It disperses into the wind like ash.

Battle reportImsh takes 7 points of damage from the corpseslam.
The corruption corpse fails his save and falls.
Imsh destroys the Wraith.
The vampire spawn I forgot to take off the map remembers how dead he is.
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9621/round52et3.png (http://www.imagehosting.com/)
T'reena and Areimis are up

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-18, 05:50 AM
Imsh Pathfinder
HP 14/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 12/12

Imsh roars with his success. "Yes! Now let's take down this pile of rags. Kha, hit him hard! Magmin, get those zombies off our backs! Do it fast, it looks like your fire will help with this guy."

@Kha: I'd hit him with your Infernal stuff, that won't hit our guys (who are pretty low right now), and will still deal good damage to the mummy due to his weakness. If he breaks away or something, then you can blast him.

@T'reena: Do you need to get away from the mummy to rest for a bit?

Imsh is just going to use his Second Wind when his turn comes around, in case I am unable to post or something. But give me a slot and some time, so I can pick where to move. Either way, that will make his stat block as follows:

HP 26/51; AC 21, Fort 22, Ref 16, Will 15; Surges 11/12

JackTR69
2009-01-18, 08:43 AM
Leaving himself open to the mummy, Areimis tries to create an opening for someone else to take advantage of.
Attack Roll: [roll0]
Damage Roll: [roll1]
The mummy can make a basic attack against Areimis with combat advantage. If it chooses to do so, then an ally within 5 squares of me can make a basic attack against it (also with combat advantage).

I apologize to everyone on my team for not paying as much attention to what's going on in this game as I should be. I'm going to have more time to pay attention to the game, so I'll be more on top of what's going on.

Phasmatis
2009-01-18, 10:45 AM
T'reena HP: 7/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 9/12

Staggering from the mummy's attacks, T'reena looks like she is on her last breath. Still, the daze inflicted upon her by the wraith is lifted, and the swordmage explodes into a relative flurry of activity.

Her armor flares into a reddish tinge, and T'reena is wreathed in protective energy. She sends an arcane link into the mummy, then launches an attack at it with her flaming sword.

Minor
Activate Bloodcut Armor to give T'reena 10 resist to all damage at the cost of 1 healing surge.

Minor
Aegis of Shielding to mark Mummy

Standard
Booming Blade on Mummy

[roll0]
[roll1]
If the target is adjacent to you at the start of its turn and moves away, it takes [roll2].

IF hit, do the following
Free
Use Flaming Longsword's daily ability to deal an extra [roll3] and give 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) to the mummy.

---

@ Imsh - T'reena has used her second wind already. Not much point for her to rest I think, she'd just run back for awhile and slack off. Instead I'll use her armor's minor action to give her 10 resist at the cost of one healing surge.

@ Areimis - You're no longer dazed I think. No longer limited to one action.

stinkomandx
2009-01-18, 11:29 PM
T'reena's magical protection both strengthens her armor and confounds the mummy. Unfortunately, her attack fails to cause any damage to the creature. Areimis attacks, also failing to find an opening. The mummy spins and clobbers Areimis in the chest, falling slightly off balance and opening it to another attack.

Battle report
The mummy deals 13 damage to Areimis. Areimis must make a saving throw to avoid contracting Mummy Rot. It is likely that T'reena will activate her Aegis of Shielding to reduce this damage.
Areimis' attack misses, but the mummy's attack does allow an ally within 5 squares to use a basic attack against the mummy, with combat advantage. First person to post it gets it.

Kha'lymnm and Magmin are up

Phasmatis
2009-01-19, 03:54 AM
T'reena HP: 7/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 9/12

As the mummy's fist approaches Areimis, an arcane shield materialises, taking the brunt of impact before it hits Areimis. T'reena takes advantage of the opening to strike at the mummy with her flaming sword.

T'reena's Aegis of Shielding reduces damage done to Areimis by 9. Areimis takes 4 damage instead.

I'll take the basic attack, since T'reena's basic attack does fire damage.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Nelphine
2009-01-19, 08:18 AM
Magmin stops howling. The wraith and it's incessant screech is finally dead.. now for the mummy! She points a finger at it and detonates a burst of flame next to it, moving away from the oncoming zombies.

Move: to C15
Standard: Scorching Burst at H14, hitting mummy only.
Minor: Crying since I wasted burning hands on the wraith earlier. Oh how it would hurt those zombies... (All right, that's free not minor.)

Scorching Burst vs Mummy Ref [roll0]
Fire damage if hit [roll1]

Let me know when it's bloodied so I know when to start adding the Tiefling +1 to hit against it.

qube
2009-01-21, 11:10 AM
Kha'lymnm (as before, but with 9 temp hp)

minor: curse mummy (causing 1 damage)
standard: hellish rebuke the mummy
attack [roll0] deals [roll1]curse and [roll2] fire and [roll3] secondairy
move: nothing special

(edit: w00t. 17 (1 curse, and an attack of 11 rebuke + 5 curse) damage and a good attack roll ...)

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-27, 08:47 PM
NOTE: For those of you not following the recruitment thread, Stinkomandx has had an attack of real life. Since I have far too much free time, I've volunteered to run the Tourney in his stead.

T'reena's blade slams into the mummy with an ineffectual thunk, failing to penetrate more than a quarter-inch. Sand leaks out through the very minor wound as Magmin's and Kha'lymnm's attacks burn effortlessly through the mummy. The infernal blast burns a fist-sized hole in its torso, and it staggers beneath the scalding heat. It continues the assault on T'reena, but the magical protections strengthening her armor continue to deflect the blows.

As the mummy attacks, you can see sand filling in the hole in its torso.

Imsh, T'reena, Areimis, you're up.

Nelphine
2009-01-28, 08:38 AM
Sweet burning rage! The mummy is going down!

And yay for the tourney continuing! Hope the RL goes well Stinkomandx.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-01-28, 10:08 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, finally takes a break
HP 26/51; AC 21, Fort 22, Ref 16, Will 15; Surges 11/12

Imsh moves down to get into a better position. He takes a few moments to survey the field before jumping back in, and while he does so, he catches his breath.

"Magmin, get behind me. T'reena looks like she'll need a break soon."

Move Action: Move to E14.

Standard Action: Second wind.

Phasmatis
2009-01-29, 10:57 PM
T'reena HP: 7/51 | AC: 22 Fort: 17 Ref: 17 Will: 18 | Surges remaining: 8/12

T'reena's armor's reddish tinge fades for a moment, before flaring into a reddish tinge, once again wreathing T'reena in protective energy.

The swordmage lashes out at the mummy again, hoping for a more solid hit this time.

Minor
Activate Bloodcut Armor to give T'reena 10 resist to all damage until the end of her next turn at the cost of 1 healing surge.

Standard
Booming Blade on Mummy

[roll0]
[roll1]
If the target is adjacent to you at the start of its turn and moves away, it takes [roll2].

IF hit, do the following
Free
Use Flaming Longsword's daily ability to deal an extra [roll3] and give 5 ongoing fire damage (save ends) to the mummy.

JackTR69
2009-01-30, 08:40 AM
Assuming the mummy is still alive:
Areimis suddenly disappears, fading back into existence on the other side of the mummy and swings his blade wildly at the mummy's back. He hopes the mummy will take advantage of this and forget about the fiery blade on his other side...
Fey step to g14, Brash Assault
The mummy may make a basic attack against Areimis with combat advantage. If he does, then T'reena gets a basic attack with combat advantage against the mummy.
If the mummy is dead:
Areimis sends twin blasts of ice at two of the nearest zombies, hoping to thin their ranks before they get too close.
Ice rays on the zeds at o15/16, staying where I am.
Attack 1: [roll2] vs Reflex
Attack 2: [roll3] vs Reflex
Damage 1: [roll4]
Damage 2: [roll5]

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-30, 11:33 PM
As well as setting it on fire, T'reena's burning slash nearly bisects the mummy. Areimis's stab in the back is the last straw. The mummy's wrappings begin to unravel, and sand billows around the disintegrating corpse in a stinging cloud. It turns to lash out at Areimis as the zombie horde closes in--clawing at Areimis and T'reena.

Two zeds hit T'reena for 10 damage total; one hits Areimis for 5. The now-bloodied mummy thing hits Areimis, dealing 14 damage. T'reena, you can do the flaming stabby thing again if you want.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/round52et3-1.png

qube
2009-01-31, 02:48 AM
Kha'lymnm init 22
HP: 24/47, 9 temp hp Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 11/11)

items:, (lvl 5) rod of reaving +1 (cursing deals 1 damage), (lvl 4) bloodcut leather armor (minor action, while bloodied resist 10 UeoNT) (lvl 3) amulet of health, (520gp) acrobat boots (minor action, stand up from prone), (5gp) light shield, (15gp) standard gear, (50gpx2) 2 potions of healing, 40 gp in chance
minor: curse (and deal 1 damage) to G11 - probably killing it
move: sneak up on the enemy: move to A7 (gaining concealment from shadow walk) stealth check [roll0]
standard: Eldritch blast on (A) the mummy if it isn't dead, else (B) G11 if it isn't dead, else (C) H11
[roll1] [roll2]
(note that G11 and the mummy are cursed [roll3])
edit, OK, that were pityfull attackrolls ...

Phasmatis
2009-01-31, 10:20 AM
Two zeds hit T'reena for 10 damage total; one hits Areimis for 5.

This is before taking into account T'reena's 10 resist right? If it has already taken that into account, T'reena is down and dying.

If not, T'reena is down to 7 hp, please heal! :P

Inyssius Tor
2009-01-31, 10:42 AM
Oh yes, my bad. 5 damage each.

Nelphine
2009-01-31, 04:50 PM
Magmin, back behind Imsh now (OOC: don't know how I got here though..), giggles as the mummy dies, and launches another fireball at the zombies.

Standard: Scorching Burst at I15, attacking I14, H15 and J16
Move: move to my current location (C15) in case I shouldn't actually be there yet

Attack vs Ref I14: [roll0]
Attack vs Ref H15: [roll1]
Attack vs Ref J16: [roll2]

Fire damage against any who are hit: [roll3]

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-01, 01:24 AM
I'm sorry for the confusion, but the mummy--although long dead when you first saw it--is still very much animate. That's why it's still on the map. And still mauling T'reena and Areimis. It is also bloodied, on fire, and pissed.

Kha'lymnm and Magmin continue blasting; a shadowy curse devours one zombie, and a burst of fire accounts for two more.

The sandstorm around the unraveled guardian smothers the flames T'reena lit, and you can see the creature beginning to regenerate again. Moving quick as lightning now, it smashes Areimis unconscious with one hand as it flows away from the combatants, then turns toward them and calls upon the sand beneath its feet. The ground within fifteen feet of the creature shakes violently, smashing T'reena and Pathfinder unconscious to the ground and hurling their bodies across the arena. Leaving Imsh, T'reena, and Areimis to die, the unraveled guardian turns again and flows towards the wizard Magmin.

The now-unraveled mummy guardian dealt 30 damage to Areimis. And 9 damage (with damage reduction) to T'reena. And 19 damage to Imsh.

Holy crap.

On the bright side: T'reena, you still get to roll for attack and damage on that one basic attack that Areimis's gambit had given you; Magmin, you're not filled with aim-impairing despair anymore; and hey, at least half of the zombies are gone.

Oh, speaking of which. I need death saving throws before I can move on to the zeds.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/round52et3-2.png
@Nelphine: you told me you were moving to C15 in post #77 ... right?

qube
2009-02-01, 03:22 AM
((ooc: cr*p.
note that my Eldritch blast was 14 vs reflex from hidden (is that combat advantage in 4e?))

well, since I don't know when I'll have I-net next, I'll already post my actions

minor: curse the nearest zombie
move: stealthly move at least 3 squares so 'm 10 squares of the mummy (D4 for example) [roll0]
standard: Flames of phlegothos on the mummy
[roll1] vs refl + modifiers (I'm thinking hidden or prime shot if M is dead)
on hit: [roll2] fire;
on hit or miss: mummy takes ongoing 5 fire damage* (save ends)
*: note that this stacks with vulnerability (a critter with vul. 10 and takes ongoing 5 damage, takes ongoing 15 damage)

qube
2009-02-01, 03:23 AM
oops I forgot: if I hit the zombie [roll0] extra damage from curse.

JackTR69
2009-02-01, 09:40 AM
Areimis: Got hit in the face with a brick and is now unconscious...
Death save time? [roll0]

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-01, 08:16 PM
Imsh Pathfinder, still up right?
HP 11/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 11/12

Hey, I'm pretty sure I should still be up. I had 26hps posted, and the mummy hit me for 19, I've checked and saw no other damage, which would leave me with 7hps. I actually had 4 temp hps from killing that second Zombie as well, leaving my total at 11hp. So can I take my turn? If so, then it will be the following:

Move Action: Move 5 squares to A15, drawing OA from Zombie against AC 19.

Standard Action: Blade Sweep.

If the mummy drops, then I gain 4 temp hps.

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-02, 03:17 AM
Yes, I was wrong. I added up the damage wrong, wrote my post, and then corrected the damage totals at the last minute. Sorry.

Your attack hits, but the mummy is also still up. I'm too tired to figure out if Qube killed that zombie in his post or not, but you take 5 damage if it hasn't dropped.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-02, 06:10 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, baked cookies and is readying his Uno deck for his date with death.
HP 6/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 11/12

"Kha, keep that crevice between you and this ragbag. I'll try to tie it up just a bit longer. But watch for the pit to expand, so that it doesn't do to you what it did to that ugly corpse."

It doesn't look like Kha killed the zombie on me, so I take that 5 damage. I'd complain about getting hit a lot, but I am still standing, after all. He did kill the northernmost zombone at H11, leaving only two zeds and the (hopefully) severely wounded mummy.

On the plus side, it looks like Kha just dealt a whole butt load of damage to the mummy, and he'll take more as his turn starts. Also, I think he meant that 3 extra damage was on the mummy, not the zombie.

This last round, if Kha hit, then the mummy took 52 damage between us. This doesn't yet include T'reena's extra attack with her flaming longsword before she bit it or the extra damage from Kha's ongoing fire. Hopefully we're close!

Nelphine
2009-02-04, 08:41 AM
Yes I had moved to C15.

If Inyssius Tor could repost the current combat map after he's not so tired to ensure math details are correct, and let us know who's turn it is, that would be awesome. (I THINK it's the zombies turn. Not sure. And that Kha' has gone with his flames of doom attack after that; and then it'll be my turn (here's hoping the flames of doom kills the mummy so I don't get hit with the aura). Anyway. By request, an updated map please including turn order!

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-11, 07:24 AM
Picking up where we left off: Two combatants lie on the ground, bleeding, as the crowd's shouts rise to a more frenzied pitch. The zombies draw closer, clawing at the wizard Magmin. The unraveled mummy flows toward her as well, having dispatched all of his foes--but as he grows closer, Imsh Pathfinder staggers to his feet--not as damaged as he had appeared--and charges at the mummy once more, axe held high! His powerful slash cuts through the mummy completely; the mummy begins to flow back together as Kha'lymnm's blast just misses it--but the heat of the blast sears through the creature anyway, and the sandstorm around it billows out one final time as the mummy collapses into formless sand.

If the crowd was going wild before, the noise is deafening now.

Battle Report:
Imsh hit; delivering another huge pile of damage to the bloodied mummy. Kha'lymnm missed, but the ongoing damage will be just enough to finish it off before it can act on its next turn (so it's pretty much off the map, unless Magmin really wants to heal it or leap headfirst into its claws on her turn).

T'reena's leftover strike missed, and she failed her death save; two more before your next extended rest, T'ree, and Dame Morbid's clerics will be unamused when they have to drag your soul back from the shadowlands this evening.

One zombie hit, dealing five damage to Magmin; the mummy's sandstorm aura will still be active enough when her turn comes up (remember, it won't be entirely dead until just after that) to deal another three damage.

Initiative:
23 Kha'lymnm - attacked mummy, missed, dealt 10 ongoing anyway.
22 Magmin - hasn't gone yet; will take 3 damage on her turn.
21 Guardian Mummy - will disintegrate in a cloud of sand and sparks before it can act.
15 Imsh
09 T'reena (unconscious)
06 Areimis (also unconscious)
00 Zombies

Bold people, you're up. Or down, as it were.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/reboot1team1.png

Nelphine
2009-02-11, 12:33 PM
Scowling as the Zombies manage to reach him; howling in denial when one almost connects, Magmin summons a shield of force in front of the zombie, denying it the chance to hurt him. Magmin then steps back and looses yet another ball of flame, enveloping all of the walking dead in lethal heat.

Immediate Interrupt as zombie was about to hit me: Cast Shield (+4 AC/Ref until end of next turn; my hp below assumes this means the zombie missed)

HP 30/38, A 26, F 18, R 23, W 19, any ranged attacks against me from further than 5 squares have -5 to hit.

Move: Shift to B16
Standard: Scorching Burst centered on D15

Attacks reflex:
Against zombie at D14 [roll0]
Against zombie at D15 [roll1]
Against zombie at D16 [roll2]

Damage against any who are hit [roll3]

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-11, 12:56 PM
The zombies collapse like puppets whose strings have been cut. With a flamethrower.

The audience's cheers wash over you like a soothing if deafening breeze (except for those of you who are still bleeding out on the arena floor, of course). As the chasm in the floor begins to pull itself together, you notice a cunningly concealed staircase set into the west wall which hadn't been visible before. A laconic young man in religious garb moseys out onto the battlefield and begins resuscitating your fallen; he indicates, by way of gestures, that he's supposed to escort you up that staircase.

He's clearly in no hurry, mind you, and the crowd is hungry for more.

(Victory dance time! When two or three of you head upstairs, we'll cut to the waiting area.)

Nelphine
2009-02-11, 06:17 PM
Magmin throws her head back and howls. Long and hard and long. 30 seconds go by and still she looses her howl. Then stopping, she turns, glares at Dame Morbid, and drops a series of Flame Blasts all around the skies. Irregularly placed in the air before the audience, she places them as close as she dares without attracting the ire of the Arena's officials.

Finally she turns and stalks off up the staircase, brushing soot from her cracked armour.

JackTR69
2009-02-11, 07:12 PM
Areimis coughs up a mouthful of blood, gets off the floor, and dusts himself off. He sheaths his sword, and walks towards the staircase.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-11, 09:43 PM
Imsh Pathfinder, glorious.

Imsh closes his eyes and breathes the air free of the sand. A grin cracks slowly across his face. Truly, this is the reason he was born, and what a good reason it is. When Magmin starts howling, Imsh's eyes snap open, and he joins in, leaping about the field with reckless abandon and roaring in open pleasure at the praise of the crowd.

When he has had his fill, he clasps his hand to the fire mage's shoulder. "You and I shall go far indeed." Then he strides off towards the waiting room, still waving his maul about to bask in the cheers.

Once inside, he catches up with the fallen. "It was a good battle. Thanks for the save, Kha. But it was a close one. We'll have to work better next time. Congratulations."

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-12, 05:56 PM
Your sleepy-looking medic follows you up a short flight of stairs into the waiting room, which adjoins the arena infirmary on one side. The room is deserted at the moment, but neither area appears designed to hold a very large number of people. At one side of the infirmary, you see a silver circle set into the floor. Out of the corner of your eye, you can just catch a glimpse of something insubstantial standing in the center of the ring.

Glancing warily at the silver ring, the laconic healer leads your team to the opposite side of the room. He draws a crystal-tipped wand, and closes his eyes briefly as he invests the divine focus with power. "This glorious miracle of divine power brought to you, great heroes, by the light of Elorre," he says, as if reading from a cue-card, "The ever-young princess of the sky, she who drove Telebrion back to the horn of eternal dusk and was duly rewarded with mastery over the cloud jarls. Would you like to learn more about the sanctified order of Elorre...?" Only the slightest increase in pitch at the end of this monotone proclamation indicates that he might be asking a question.

[You've got five minutes. As per standard rules, you can spend all the healing surges you want; Areimis's inspiring word will recharge once (for three words total, since he only used one in combat). Tell me when you're ready.]

Nelphine
2009-02-13, 12:31 AM
Magmin stares blankly at the cleric. Then turns and looks at the center of the silver circle. "Does it burn?"

Magmin creates a minor ball of flame and hefts it; she starts shivering and pets the fireball, clearly needing somewhere to throw it.

OOC: 30/38 HP, 8/9 Healing Surges, and I'm not spending any during the rest time.

qube
2009-02-13, 02:28 AM
Kha'lymnm, using 2 healing surges
HP: 46/47 Bloodied: 23 (HV 11, HS/day: 9/11)

Sure, the gith says indifferently as he sits in a corner, it's not like we I got something better to do ...

JackTR69
2009-02-13, 06:42 AM
OOC
Okay, a couple of questions. First: What hp am I at? Last time I had an hp total it was 0, so I'm assuming I've got more than that now?
And Second: Does my inspiring word recharge twice, so that if I use it 3 times I will still have uses for during the battle? Or if I use it three times will I be out of them when the fight starts?

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-13, 11:52 AM
OOC:
"One", and yes. (edit: um, stupid me. Yes, it recharges twice.)

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-17, 10:09 AM
Imsh Pathfinder has his own religion.
HP 51/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 7/12

Imsh walks around and pats his comrades on their backs, telling them all about the good jobs they did.

He grins largely. "Nine hells, by the time we finish this thing, we may even be working as a team!"

Imsh is spending 4 healing surges, restoring 48 hps and returning him from 6 to full.

JackTR69
2009-02-20, 10:32 AM
Areimis begins humming a battle song of his home city just loud enough for everyone to hear it, but not loud enough that it would interrupt anyone who's talking.

OOC
Alright, people can feel free to take my three inspiring words as needed.

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-22, 03:47 AM
"Ha ha. You don't give a damn about Elorre," the healer replies as he examines your wounds, a note of bitterness creeping into his voice. "No one cares about Her. Except me. The circle just doesn't understand at all. They don't know what it's like!"

[I'll wait a little longer in case anyone wants to use a word or three, and then we'll move on.]

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-22, 07:02 AM
Magin may as well use one. If no one else uses one at all, then heck, I'll use all 3. It'll save me a healing surge.

Nelphine
2009-02-22, 05:43 PM
Go ahead and use all 3; 8 hp isn't really enough to expend a healing surge on; I get 9 base per surge, plus any bonuses.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-22, 10:44 PM
But don't you only gain 8hp from your surge. It seems like it would be useful to use it now. *shrug* it's up to you, of course :smallsmile:

I guess I will use one Word on each of 3 surges then, since no one else is usin em, instead of using that 4th surge, so my surge total will be 8/12, and my hps will be

42 + [roll0]

Curses, that was a crap roll. Oh wells. 48/51hps and 8/12 surges.

JackTR69
2009-02-23, 12:28 PM
Using four surges to bring me up to full.

OneFamiliarFace
2009-02-23, 01:51 PM
Well, ya could've taken your own healing surges! :-p

JackTR69
2009-02-23, 06:28 PM
I would have, except my surges added up perfectly without them. I'll probably end up using it on myself in the fights to come though.

Inyssius Tor
2009-02-26, 01:30 PM
[Phasmatis, you're up. It's been thirteen days, and I have to move on to the next encounter; I need to know if you're still interested in continuing with Team 1.]

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-01, 03:47 AM
[Drat. I liked that guy. --If you're reading this, Phas, you can come back at any time. I hear Team 8 has a couple of openings.]

An increasing hum from the arena indicates that your alloted time has run low, and your medic confirms it. Four of you rise to your feet, strapping on weapons and tightening loosened armor. T'reena, however, remains sitting--apparently asleep. As the last minute of your time runs out, the medic works up the courage to physically wake her.

T'reena rises unsteadily to her feet, eyes half-open and staring blankly forward, then collapses; blood flows from her nose and mouth. The medic drops to a crouch beside her, testing for vital signs. "Damnit! This is not just mummy rot. Can't possibly fix her in time--Kostikos, Darren, we've got a combatant down here! Listen, you four head out that door, turn right, head past the bunkroom. Your new frontman should meet you by the pit entrance."

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-01, 03:49 AM
Leaving the infirmary, you head through the tunnel leading to the arena's main area. A low rumble becomes a deafening roar as you near the crowd. A chill wind blows through the portcullis at the end of the tunnel as you wait for T'reena's replacement. "Wonderful," the scarred man on duty says, shaking his head. "We've got three medics on duty non-stop to prevent this nonsense. Who's up now, the priests of Elune? Dumbass kids. If their Lady wasn't so involved, I'd be up there right now with a handaxe--"

"--about time, hellboy! New teammates. Get acquainted. Thirty seconds."

[Roll... for initiative! I want to keep things moving here (for once), so I'll wait twenty hours before rolling for anyone who hasn't posted yet and moving on.]

OneFamiliarFace
2009-03-01, 05:22 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, born ready to die.
HP 48/51; AC 19, Fort 20, Ref 14, Will 13; Surges 8/12

Imsh hefts his maul after their short rest. It feels pretty good. He gets up and walks to the entrance.

The orc barbarian looks the new fighter up and down and grins. "Well, hullo there, my man, welcome to the winning team. Far as I can tell is that our only rule is that you let ol' Imsh here do his thing, and he'll make sure the really tough ones don't even get a chance to touch ya. How's that sound?"

Nelphine
2009-03-01, 08:17 AM
HP 30/38, A 26, F 18, R 23, W 19, any ranged attacks against me from further than 5 squares have -5 to hit.

Magmin looked curiously at the new tiefling. Fire always knew fire, and this one was certainly another devotee to the burning flame. But instead of using pure fire, he seemed to combine it with steel. Shame.

"Fire burns...."

Initiative [roll0] (+2 for warlord included)

JackTR69
2009-03-01, 10:34 AM
Areimis follows the others, still disappointed at his failures in the last battle. He is sure he will do better this time.
Init: [roll0]

OneFamiliarFace
2009-03-01, 02:41 PM
Sorry, I forgot the +2 from the Warlord, so my Initiative is actually a whopping 9.

Blackdrop
2009-03-01, 11:32 PM
Pelaios
HP: 53\53 /AC: 22/Fort: 18/Ref: 17/ Will: 14
Surges: 11\11 /Value: 13

Pelaios looks with disgusted annoyance at the orc.

"Perhaps, orc, you should just leave the fighting to me. We wouldn't someone of your...delicate features to get hurt, would we?

Pelaios draws his warhammer from its holster on his hip. Through force of will, the head of the hammer bursts into. A satisfied smirk creeps across his face.

"Lets go."

Pelaios is a snob of a merchant family. Please don't take offense to his manner.

qube
2009-03-02, 03:40 AM
[QUOTE=qube;5767793]Kha'lymnm

the gith doesn't seem to car about the new guy ... he's more focused on what's ahead then on meaningless bickering ...

[roll0]

OneFamiliarFace
2009-03-02, 04:53 AM
Imsh Pathfinder

Imsh grins, showing a mouthful of teeth, and slaps the tiefling on the back. "Oh, I think we're gonna get along just fine."

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-04, 08:35 PM
As Imsh introduces himself, you hear a rumbling, slithering noise from inside the arena. The ground shakes, and the crowd grows quiet.

Once acquainted, you head out into an arena much changed from the one you left. Black rock formations loom over you like the walls of a cave, casting thick shadows over the arena. Stalagmites jut smoothly from the floor. Where pale morning light penetrates the shadows, thin lines of glittering light are visible across the arena. Droplets of dew, on nearly invisible webs. In places, the webs are dense enough to be clearly visible--in several patches, you can see human silhouettes hanging suspended in the webs. High above, Dame Morbid watches from behind her veil. The portcullis rattles closed behind you as a gigantic spider the size of a horse steps out into the center of the ring. Long legs like massive spears dig into the ground, eight red eyes stare at you, and the spider tenses as if preparing to leap.

Fight's on.

Battle Report:
Initiative:
24 Kha'lymnm (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5540328&postcount=10)
17 Pelaios (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=110270)
13 the Spider
11 Areimis Whisperblade (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=99004)
09 Imsh Pathfinder (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=98731)
07 [other]
05 Magmin (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=99119)

Kha'ly, Pelaios, you're up. Since there are hidden webs, it would help a lot if you can clearly indicate which squares you're moving through. Additional Perception checks are a minor action each.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/T-1-2R0.png

Blackdrop
2009-03-05, 12:14 AM
Pelaios
HP: 53\53 /AC: 22/Fort: 18/Ref: 17/ Will: 14
Surges: 11\11 /Value: 13

Standard Action: none
Move Action: Move to G:15 (THRU: E:16 and F:15)
Minor Action: Perception Check [roll0]

Pelaios moves torward to closest rock formation to get some cover. He glances around looking for more webs.

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-05, 12:54 AM
As Pelaios moves into position, he can see a long patch of glimmering webs strung along the south rock formation. If he'd moved just a little more to the south, he could have walked right into them.

Battle Report:
Pelaios just tags the Perception DC, and can see all the webs within 5 squares of him (within his line of sight, at least, though I'm inclined to be lenient with line-of-sight issues).

Next up: Kha'lymnm.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/T-1-2R01.png

qube
2009-03-05, 02:34 AM
Kha'lymnm
Initiative: +8 (current = 24)
Fiery bolt st ac (range10) +8 vs refl; 3d6+6 fire;adjecent creatures get 1d6+9

Spiders? ...
- move action: move to C15 (shadow walk grants me concealment)
- minor: curse nearest enemy (I have no idea if I think if the mummies look hostile or dead (or if that matters ...) but I'm hoping I curse the spider). either way, cursing deals 1 damage
- standard: fiery bolt on the spider
fiery bolt:
- attack [roll0] vs reflex. (+1 thx to prime shot (already calculated in))
- damage: [roll1] fire
(curse, if applicable [roll2])
(adjecent emeies, if applicable [roll3])

Inyssius Tor
2009-03-05, 04:00 PM
The warlock's fiery bolt splashes against the huge spider's chitin, and it hisses in pain. It skitters forward on eight long legs; then, gathering web-stuff, the creature uses two hind legs to press it together into a head-sized ball--and hurls the entangling projectile at the troublesome Gith, who dodges ably out of the way.

Battle Report:
Kha'lymnm: You can indeed curse the spider; according to the precedents I've encountered, the mortal capacity for self-delusion knows few bounds.

Next up: Whisperblade and Pathfinder.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/T-1-2R03.png

OneFamiliarFace
2009-03-07, 04:43 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, wishes his pals were here for this horse spider.

Imsh moves forward on quick, but wary feet. He moves between his two companions. He checks ahead for more webs before he goes all out on the monster.

"Magmin, can ya give us some room to move in here?"

Perception: [roll0] to see more webs.

Move Action: Move North in a straight line to E14.

Standard Action: If, then...

IF no webs are blocking his path, then he charges the spider:

Standard Action: Charge, and use Howling Strike. Move through F13 straight to F10.
Attack: [roll1] vs AC
Hit: [roll2] damage.

BUT IF he sees webs blocking his path to the spider, then he draws and throws a throwing hammer:

Minor Action: Draw Throwing Hammer.
Standard Action: Throw Hammer.
Attack: [roll3] vs AC
Damage: [roll4] damage.

JackTR69
2009-03-09, 12:31 PM
Areimis Whisperblade
HP 37/37; AC 20, Fort 17, Ref 16, Will 14; Surges 4/7
The blue eyed Eladrin runs forward brashly, loosing an icy bolt at the monster. "Tread lightly, and stay together!"
Move in a beeline to D-14
Pop an Ray of Frost at the spider
+5 vs Fort: [roll0]
And the target is slowed until the beginning of my next turn.
Perception as a Minor: [roll2]
If I see any web in my way, I'll stop before I hit it.

Inyssius Tor
2009-04-02, 04:01 AM
With the same great charge that had served him so well in his last encounter, Imsh Pathfinder leaps at the spider--who, in a blur of long barbed legs, deftly spears the barbarian out of the air and pins him to the ground with one spearlike leg. Trying to escape, Imsh delivers a mighty blow to the leg pinning him down. His blow leaves visible dents in the black chitin, but the barbed leg holds him still.

As Areimis looses a blast of icy magic at the monstrous spider (coating a section of it in frost, but otherwise not harming the creature), the webs around him begin shaking. Deep in the webbing, three mummified silhouettes begin to struggle, jerkily pulling themselves free of the larger snare around them. Still thickly wrapped in grey web-stuff, they begin to lurch toward the nearest targets. Their movements are erratic, stopping and starting with odd jerks as if something was imperfectly controlling their individual muscles, but each motion is startlingly fast by itself.

Imsh catches one harsh blow with the haft of his maul, absorbing the force of the attack; behind him, another mummy attacks Kha’lymnm—though he jumps back from the ensnaring strands, an aura of infernal shadow swirling around the gith. The eladrin Areimis isn’t quite so lucky, and an entangling arm smashes against his armor. He manages to turn the blow slightly with his longsword, but thick strands of webbing wrap themselves about his blade and arm.

Battle Report:
Imsh charges, and the spider (who has Threatening Reach 4) hits with an opportunity attack, grabbing the barbarian and dealing 12 damage. Imsh hits regardless, dealing 19 damage. In the future, damage dealt in this fashion will be reduced somewhat, but I felt bad about not somehow mentioning the threatening reach beforehand (I rather expected one of you to try a Dungeoneering check or something—but no, you charged right in).

The corpses attacked Imsh, Kha’ly, and Areimis. Only Areimis is hit, taking 11 damage; he is also marked until the end of the mummy’s next turn (that’s a -2 to attacks against anything other than the enemy that hit him).

Next up: Magmin, and then we’re back at the top with Kha’lymnm, Pelaios, and the giant spider.
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g280/Inyssius/t1-e2-r1-3.png

OneFamiliarFace
2009-04-02, 10:57 AM
Imsh Pathfinder, Eagle Eyes
Condition: Grabbed

"Gah, what the?! That really hurt! Get this thing offa me!"

Imsh ogles his would be mummifier to see what seems to be wrong with the guy.

Does Imsh take any damage from the hit? I assume the spider's basic attack Grabs and probably deals damage yeah? Otherwise, he can't grab as an OA (cripes I am asking for damage). I want to know because I might activate a magic item when it hits me (which will affect its turn). Thanks for letting me do full damage though.

Also, I wield a Maul, not a Greataxe. :smallsmile: Don't stereotype me! :smalltongue: Also, don't make me get hit. I can still block the brunt of an attack with my maul, yeah? Haha.

Perception: [roll0]

Inyssius Tor
2009-04-02, 11:52 AM
Fixed!

Perception check: that's exactly the check I was hoping you guys would make! Exactly! Another knowledge check might have done it, but writing this one will be so much fun!

I'll edit this to be more, you know, thematic as soon as I have net access again, but for now: it's undead, it's vulnerable to fire, it will inflict movement-hampering status effects on you if you hit it while adjacent, and it's full of nigh-mature spider eggs. Glistening black clusters fill the lungs, the arm, one eye, the mouth. Fire will burn them, damage will wake them, and concentrated damage will kill them before too many can come out and start piling on the hurt.

qube
2009-04-03, 02:50 AM
Kha'lymnm
hey, I thought these things were dead ...

minor action: curse nearest enemy (dealing 1 damage)

move action: if the mummy is still in mellee with me: shift to D15

standard action: attack the spider
Hellish rebuke [roll0] vs refl; [roll1] fire; if I take damage, trgt takes [roll2] fire damage

Nelphine
2009-04-03, 09:54 AM
Take two: Yay forums!

"Spiders.. spiders burn so nicely.." Magmin lopes forward, eagerly moving to a position near Areimis, and spraying burning fuel forward onto everything. "The beautiful eggs.. they burn!" Magmin seems mesmerized by the pyrotechnics.

HP 30/38, A 22, F 18, R 19, W 19, any ranged attacks against me from further than 5 squares have -5 to hit.

Move: Walk to E14
Standard: Burning Hands north from C9-G13, hitting: Imsh (sorry!), the big spider (and all it's eggses), Mummy at F11, Mummy at D13, and tons of webbing.

Close Attack vs Reflex:
Imsh: [roll0]
Spider: [roll1]
F11 Mummy: [roll2]
D13 Mummy: [roll3]
Anything else that might be in the area: [roll4]

Fire damage:
[roll5]

Blackdrop
2009-04-08, 09:17 AM
"Watch yourself Eladrin."

Pelaios rushes forward to defend his new ally.

Move Action: E-13 (via F-14)
Standard Action: Shield Bash on mummy in D-13

If I hit it, it gets pushed into C-13 and is knocked prone.

Minor Action: Perception Check [roll2]