PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Cross-class skills

supermrjmt
2008-12-30, 05:13 PM
Hey, I'm taking a prestige class with one of my key skills cross-class. The skill is a class skill in my base class. My friend said that a skill is always a class skill if any of your classes have have it. Is he right?

Eldariel
2008-12-30, 05:15 PM
Partially. Skill max is determined by all the classes you've got. Skill cost is determined by the specific class level you're taking. So if you've ever taken 1 level of Rogue, all Rogue-skills have class skill max for you. However, if you take...say Fighter-levels after that, you're going to have to pay for every increase as a cross-class skill so when assigning your skillpoints for the Fighter-levels, you'll pay 2 points for each 1 in...say Sleight of Hand.

supermrjmt
2008-12-30, 05:17 PM
Partially. Skill max is determined by all the classes you've got. Skill cost is determined by the specific class level you're taking. So if you've ever taken 1 level of Rogue, all Rogue-skills have class skill max for you. However, if you take...say Fighter-levels after that, you're going to have to pay for every increase as a cross-class skill so when assigning your skillpoints for the Fighter-levels, you'll pay 2 points for each 1 in...say Sleight of Hand.

Ok, thank you.

FMArthur
2008-12-30, 05:19 PM
No, not really. Your skill rank maximum is your level + 3 for every skill that's in-class for any of your classes, but you may only put 1/2 ranks into skills that are cross-class for the class level that granted them.

edit: ninja'd! Curse you Wii browser and your slowness!