PDA

View Full Version : Savage 2: A Tortured Soul

Darth Mario
2008-12-31, 12:03 AM
Has anyone else played this? It's available for free for Windows, Linux and Mac here (http://savage2.s2games.com/main.php).

Savage 2 essentially combines the gameplay of an RTS, an FPS, and an RPG. One player on each team is designated the commander. They control the game as if they were playing an RTS: they construct buildings, give buffs to units, and give orders. The main difference is that they don't directly control their units. Those are played by the rest of the team. Their gameplay is similar to an FPS/RPG: they work as a group to kill their enemies.

If you get it, don't forget to mention Darth_Mario as your referrer. I get cool stuff if you do.

Sneak
2008-12-31, 12:05 AM
Haven't played it yet, but I intend to. I played the original back in the day. Good stuff. When I heard the second one was free, I got excited. Apparently the excitement didn't last long enough for me to locate and download it, but hey, what can I say. :smalltongue:

Anyway, I'll probably get around to downloading it sometime.

If it's as good as the first game, I heartily recommend it to others as well.

Astrella
2008-12-31, 06:04 AM
Looks interesting, I'll give it a try.

Murska
2008-12-31, 09:59 AM
Savage 2 is free? Yay! I remember playing Savage 1 once...

valadil
2008-12-31, 04:30 PM
The original game was brilliant. Probably my favorite multiplayer game ever. I tried number 2 but it was buggy on linux when it first came out so I didn't play too much. Glad to give it another try though.