PDA

View Full Version : Team Fortress 2 should I get it

Gourtox
2008-12-31, 09:18 AM
I've been thinking of getting it off steam before the sale is pver, but how much blood is in it and do you like the game.

Bryn
2008-12-31, 09:55 AM
Look! The Steam thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97854&page=10) (sequel to the Orange Box thread). Best place to talk about TF2.

Anyway.

TF2 is a really good game, definitely worth getting. It looks very unique, plays well, and is loads of fun. Highly reccomended.

If you're getting TF2, I reccomend getting it as part of the Orange Box, which also gets you Half-Life 2, its sequels, and Portal. They're all different to TF2, but also all excellent games, and the Orange Box is an incredible deal.

As for the amount of blood in TF2... on the default settings, it can be pretty violent - any time somebody gets killed by a rocket or grenade they explode into body parts and blood. The rest of the time, gore is very limited, just red marks on players.

However, I believe there is a way to disable all gore if that's a worry. 'Party mode' servers do this, but I think it's also possible on your computer (though I'll be damned if I can find out how).

If you do get TF2, make sure to post your Steam account name in the Steam thread, so we can add you to the [GitP] group!

revolver kobold
2008-12-31, 09:55 AM
I recommend it. Its a great game, and has the potential to suck away hours of your life.

It does have a fair bit of blood in it, but its done in a mostly comical over the top sort of way.

If you are concerned about it, download the trailers and the "Meet The" videos from Steam, as they should give you a pretty good indication of what the violence is like in the game. Or, check out some Youtube videos.

Gourtox
2008-12-31, 10:08 AM
Thank you and I do beleive I will buy it for the $10.

Volug
2008-12-31, 10:21 AM
Yeah, there is a way to disable all blood and "gibs", I forgot exactly how to do it, but I did it for myself.