PDA

View Full Version : Favorite WOTC-written adventures?

ken-do-nim
2008-12-31, 01:07 PM
What are your favorite adventures written for the 3.0-3.5 era by Wizards of the Coast? I imagine that Red Hand of Doom will top the list, but I'm curious what other adventures they put out that you really liked.

I'll put Speaker in Dreams and Standing Stones down. I also know that Bruce Cordell is quite proud of Bastion of Broken Souls but I never got the chance to play it.

Dunkelhand
2008-12-31, 10:15 PM
From the adventure path: Speaker in Dreams. I read on the FF boards that it was supposed to be even better, but right now it's my favorite.
Oh, and does Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil count as well? My group enjoyed it quite a bit (even if we never managed to finish it).

I also enjoyed the Ettin Riddle, but maybe just because it was the first 3.0 adventure we played.

arguskos
2008-12-31, 10:22 PM
Lessee... I liked the Ettin Riddle (great fun... but we ended up w/ a scroll of polymorph somehow, and used it on him [god love UMD!] to restore the cleric!); Red Hand of Doom (but only in theory, I haven't run it yet); and Bastion of Broken Souls (really really REALLY freaking fun, try it if you can).

However, my personal favorite is Expedition to Castle Ravenloft, for 3.5. It's a hardcover, full-sized book that doubles as a BADASS adventure! And hell, it has EPIC pictures of Count Stradh von Zarovich, the coolest vampire in all D&D!!

Malacode
2008-12-31, 10:25 PM
Return to Castle Ravenloft. Not only a cool module, but it introduced my favourite magic item: Codex Advocares! Whee!! Warlocks just got better (Like they needed it :smalltongue:)

ken-do-nim
2008-12-31, 11:42 PM
From the adventure path: Speaker in Dreams. I read on the FF boards that it was supposed to be even better, but right now it's my favorite.
Oh, and does Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil count as well? My group enjoyed it quite a bit (even if we never managed to finish it).

I also enjoyed the Ettin Riddle, but maybe just because it was the first 3.0 adventure we played.

Of course Return to ToEE counts. I enjoyed the end quite a bit - too bad you didn't finish it. It did drag during the middle though.

PurinaDragonCho
2009-01-01, 12:15 AM
Red Hand of Doom.

kjones
2009-01-01, 12:52 PM
Another vote for Red Hand of Doom. I am currently running it (read my campaign journal! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100257)) and having a blast.

Noneoyabizzness
2009-01-01, 01:17 PM
dang it can't put die vecna die.

also gotta go with ravenloft. it was nice to see it done well

Callos_DeTerran
2009-01-01, 01:46 PM
Expedition to the Ruins of Castle Greyhawk.

RebelRogue
2009-01-01, 01:51 PM
I haven't run it yet, but I got Eyes of the Lich Queen cheap, and it looks decent. Seems to include a lot of iconic Eberron elements.