PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Movement Feat

Diarmuid
2008-12-31, 02:19 PM
I seem to recall there being a way for a Scout to make a 10' adjustment as a 5' step thereby triggering Skirmish and still being able to make a full attack.

Unfortunately, for the life of me, I cant find where this is. Can anyone help me out?

RTGoodman
2008-12-31, 02:31 PM
It's no feat, but there are several ways to do it.

First, you can make some ridiculously high Tumble check (DC 40, I think?) to take a 10-foot step instead of a 5-foot step, as per rules in Oriental Adventures.

Second, there's an item called Sparring Dummy of the Master or something like that in the (3.0) Arms & Equipment Guide which gives you the ability to make 10-foot steps instead, but I can't remember if it works for all characters.

Third, there's the Cyran Gliding Boots (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/cw/20061120a) (i.e. magic roller skates) from WotC's website, which are official AND 3.5 and do the same thing, and also give some other small bonuses (+10 ft. speed while going downhill, +2 to Tumble, etc.). They do have drawbacks, though (penalties while on slippery surfaces, penalties to skills, etc.) and cost 14,000gp, which could be bad depending on your level.

Ryuuk
2008-12-31, 02:39 PM
Well, for a 1 feat investment and 3000gp you can do it once per encounter with Tome of Battle. Take Martial Study: Wolf Fang Strike (useful on its own, move and attack once with two weapons) to fill the 1 maneuver requirement on a pair of Tiger Claw Bracers: Sudden Leap. You'll be able to jump as a swift action, moving as per your check.

There's also a high level stance (5th level, White Raven, Press the Advantage) that lets you move an extra five feat with the 5ft step, but you'd lose to many levels for skirmish to be useful. Might work well in a gestalt though.

The usual way is through Greater Manyshot, which is only a standard action, or dervish dance. The Paimon vestige from Tome of Magic also lets you move and do multiple attacks,

Darrin
2008-12-31, 02:55 PM
There's also a high level stance (5th level, White Raven, Press the Advantage) that lets you move an extra five feat with the 5ft step, but you'd lose to many levels for skirmish to be useful. Might work well in a gestalt though.

You can pick up Press the Advantage at 18th level (Initiator Level = 9) with Martial Stance if you already have two White Raven maneuvers (Martial Study to pick up Douse the Flames and White Raven Tactics). Costs three feats, but might be worth it to dip one or two levels of Crusader. A scholar Crown of the White Raven could be used once you have the IL and first two maneuvers.

The usual way is through Greater Manyshot, which is only a standard action, or dervish dance. The Paimon vestige from Tome of Magic also lets you move and do multiple attacks,

Travel Devotion is easier to get, and works from first level. Only works 1/day unless you have turn attempts, but works for 1 minute (10 rounds). Move up to your speed as a swift action.

ShneekeyTheLost
2008-12-31, 04:04 PM
You can pick up Press the Advantage at 18th level (Initiator Level = 9) with Martial Stance if you already have two White Raven maneuvers (Martial Study to pick up Douse the Flames and White Raven Tactics). Costs three feats, but might be worth it to dip one or two levels of Crusader. A scholar Crown of the White Raven could be used once you have the IL and first two maneuvers. Or, one level dip in Warblade, which nets you 3 maneuvers and 1 stance, at level 17, will do it too.

Travel Devotion is easier to get, and works from first level. Only works 1/day unless you have turn attempts, but works for 1 minute (10 rounds). Move up to your speed as a swift action.

The traditional tactic is a one-level dip in a Cleric with the Travel domain, and a bunch of cracksticks.

Shades of Gray
2008-12-31, 04:22 PM
One stance I recall let's you make two five foot steps.

Epinephrine
2008-12-31, 04:40 PM
Flight with at least good maneuverability can work as well, since you can 5' step downward, and move double the distance (getting a 10' step). This can trigger full attacks with a ranged weapon or with a melee weapon if your foes stay nearby.

Scout Handbook (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=584572)

Ryuuk
2008-12-31, 08:50 PM
Flight with at least good maneuverability can work as well, since you can 5' step downward, and move double the distance (getting a 10' step). This can trigger full attacks with a ranged weapon or with a melee weapon if your foes stay nearby.

Scout Handbook (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=584572)

Wow, didn't know that one. *Considers playing a raptoran scout/ranger*