PDA

View Full Version : Dodge alternatives?

Whiplord
2008-12-31, 06:12 PM
I seem to recall a feat that was similiar to Dodge that either already qualified as an alternate to dodge, or made sense to.

What/where is this?

The Demented One
2008-12-31, 06:13 PM
Desert Wind Dodge, from the Tome of Battle, might be what you're thinking of. A +1 dodge bonus to AC in any round you move at least 10 ft., and it substitutes for Dodge.

Djinn_in_Tonic
2008-12-31, 06:24 PM
Also Expeditious Dodge, which gives a +2 Dodge bonus to AC if you move over 40 feet in a single round (Races of the Wild, page 150).

Flickerdart
2008-12-31, 07:01 PM
There's a Psionic Dodge, which is just like Dodge but needs psionic focus to work. So it's worse.

Starbuck_II
2008-12-31, 07:06 PM
There's a Psionic Dodge, which is just like Dodge but needs psionic focus to work. So it's worse.

I read Psionic Dodge as applying to all targets unlike Dodge which is single target.

Flickerdart
2008-12-31, 07:09 PM
I read Psionic Dodge as applying to all targets unlike Dodge which is single target.
That does make it a bit better, yes...although that's contestable.

Psionic Dodge [Psionic]

You are proficient at dodging blows.
Prerequisite

Dex 13, Dodge.
Benefit

You must be psionically focused to use this feat. You receive a +1 dodge bonus to your Armor Class. This bonus stacks with the bonus from the Dodge feat (but only applies on attacks made by the opponent you have designated).

monty
2008-12-31, 07:11 PM

But it stacks!

Why they needed to explicitly state that, I don't know, seeing as dodge bonuses always stack.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2008-12-31, 07:43 PM
But it stacks!

Why they needed to explicitly state that, I don't know, seeing as dodge bonuses always stack.

Either 1) to take up more space in the book, or 2) because sometimes people forget that some bonuses stack. :smallbiggrin:

zaei
2009-01-01, 01:38 PM
Also, Midnight Dodge, from Magic of Incarnum, which lets you invest essentia in it, and gives you an essentia pool.