PDA

View Full Version : Resolutions

afroakuma
2008-12-31, 09:51 PM
Well, here I am, twenty years old, alone and sober, with a homemade cardboard mask and a little over an hour until the start of another disappointing year. My first resolution is that one of these things change in the next 365 days.

So: to infect everyone else with misery: what are your resolutions for this year?

OldSchoolGamer7
2008-12-31, 09:54 PM
I resolve to grow as a person, even if it's in some small way. It's a safe bet and one of the best resolutions one can make.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-31, 10:32 PM
Don't make another new years resolution.

arguskos
2008-12-31, 10:34 PM
Well, here I am, twenty years old, alone and sober, with a homemade cardboard mask and a little over an hour until the start of another disappointing year. My first resolution is that one of these things change in the next 365 days.

So: to infect everyone else with misery: what are your resolutions for this year?
Why a mask? Just asking.

Also, my resolutions:
1. Get stable, since I'm in a rough place atm, and I want to fix that.
2. Stand with the woman I love at the stroke of midnight this time next year. :smallcool:

That's it, easy stuff.

afroakuma
2008-12-31, 10:36 PM
Because we all wear masks.

I came home and the girls were making masks for their masquerade party. I had nothing to do so I joined in. I think I did a fairly good job.

Mauve Shirt
2008-12-31, 11:10 PM
Usual resolutions for me. Lose weight, work harder at school, figure everything out. And as usual, exactly 0 of those will be fulfilled.

Zocelot
2008-12-31, 11:33 PM
Try harder to carry out my goals. I don't mean that in a meta-resolution kind of way. I imagine this golden future where I can actually summon up the willpower to do what I think needs to be done.

Bonecrusher Doc
2008-12-31, 11:42 PM
Exercise at least 20 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Mc. Lovin'
2008-12-31, 11:48 PM

At least you'll definately get one done.

afroakuma
2008-12-31, 11:49 PM
That was the one I was going for, yes. Something tells me that the cardboard mask may also see an untimely end ere the year is gone.

Alleine
2008-12-31, 11:53 PM
I resolve to bite more people.

Sewer_Bandito
2009-01-01, 12:06 AM
I made a list.

-Work out at least 4 out of the 7 days of the week.
-Gain some weight. I'm absurdly underweight, it's me metabolism.
-Spend at least 2 hours a day practicing guitar.
-Finally start my band.
-The economy is getting out of hand. I suppose I should do something about that this year.
-Do at least one (1) homework assignment a week. I've gotten so lazy in school.
-Spend more days living than existing.
-Get laid.
-Get my bum self out of the house and find a job.
-Limit myself to four (4) hours of Xbox per week. I spend waay to much time that could be used being productive.
-Actually talk to the next girl I see that I think is cute.
-Also something should be done about this whole middle eastern situation.
-Go on a road trip.

That's all I got for now.

Collin152
2009-01-01, 01:28 AM
I intend to gain weight, care less, and improve my image in the eyes of my peers.

Phae Nymna
2009-01-01, 01:29 AM
I intend to gain weight, care less, and improve my image in the eyes of my peers.
That's interesting enough.

I intend to lose weight, care more, and improve my image in the eyes of my peers.

Collin152
2009-01-01, 01:33 AM
That's interesting enough.

I intend to lose weight, care more, and improve my image in the eyes of my peers.

Well, see, I currently weigh 104 pounds. That's... technically insufficient for survival. I've been tricking Death into letting it slide. I just intend to build muscle instead of fat, if I can... Though getting some fat would be important too.

As for caring, I really do care too much. It overwhelms people when the first time I talk to them, they hear a speech about how much they mean to me.

And really, there's only one peer whose image of me needs improvement, but that's more like repairing one.

Flame of Anor
2009-01-01, 01:42 AM

Heck, sounds good here. I also need to start concealing my snarkiness and conceitedness and how I'm smarter than everyone--oh, gosh darn it, there I go again. :smallamused::smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Dragonrider
2009-01-01, 01:43 AM
Last year my resolutions were:

Be more tolerant of my siblings
Not gain weight
Pick a college and a major

The first is better; the second was stupid because I was unhealthily thin and therefore the weight gain (which did happen) was good for me; and the third happened.

So I figure two-for-three and the third doesn't count is pretty good.

I don't have any resolutions this year because I last year I immediately forgot them and then fulfilled some simply by luck.

Unless it's:

Be happier.

Sneak
2009-01-01, 02:15 AM
Eh. Resolutions? Who needs 'em?
Begin my webcomic.
I mean, I'm pretty much perfect already.
Learn to play guitar.
Don't fix what ain't broke, right?
Try not to be an asshat all the time.
So, that's why I won't have any new year's resolutions.
Stop using white text excessively. Also, stop writing sentence fragments.

B-Man
2009-01-01, 02:16 AM
New Year's resolutions, eh? Well currently I'm on 1680x1050. I think that's a rather good resolution to have.

I have maybe one real resolution... okay two... and they are:
Find a new job and get back to school.

Kigganaku
2009-01-01, 02:19 AM
I resolve not to waste my next New Year surfing Giant.

Oh well, can't win them all.

The_JJ
2009-01-01, 02:26 AM
Spend less time on these effing forums.
Do good in mah edudmahcational dutees.
Find an intresting girl. Something about the area I live in seems to repel them, and I'm far in to introverted to, gasp, go out and meet them.

Recaiden
2009-01-01, 02:28 AM
I resolve to:
Figure out which colleges I want to try to get into.
Care more
Learn to play the guitar
Learn to use Python
Stay at least as healthy as I am now
Try and help people more
Not be hurt as much by rejection

Ponce
2009-01-01, 02:45 AM
1280 x 1024.

rubakhin
2009-01-01, 03:34 AM
Get on welfare. Drink less. Start wearing a condom all the time, not just when I like myself and want to live. Visit home before I inevitably do something stupid and get HIV, because they don't let HIV+ people into my country. Either get my own apartment soon or move into the homeless shelter like my social worker wants me to. Make at least one friend.

I'm on 800x600 because I don't want to go effing blind. :smallamused:

Gorgondantess
2009-01-01, 03:41 AM
I resolve to bite more people.

An admirable resolution.

My New Year's resolution: I'm not quite sure, actually. Whatever it is, making a resolution to do it pretty much guarantees I won't do it, so it's all a moot point.

Xsesiv
2009-01-01, 03:53 AM
Spoilered for longish quote
Get on welfare. Drink less. Start wearing a condom all the time, not just when I like myself and want to live. Visit home before I inevitably do something stupid and get HIV, because they don't let HIV+ people into my country. Either get my own apartment soon or move into the homeless shelter like my social worker wants me to. Make at least one friend.
Good luck getting back on track. I would't be able to. You have my utmost respect. Well done in advance.

Mine are:

Survive another year
Lose some weight
Surf GitP less (some bloody hope)
Guarantee getting into a college
Get a new job. (a good one)
Don't screw up things by putting '08 on 'em

Might be getting a new HD desktop this year, so my new-years' resolution will be 1680x1050.:smalltongue:

Fredthefighter
2009-01-01, 06:44 AM
Be more bold and courageous (Usually I'm a spineless coward, on here I hide behind the courage and skill of a fighter named Fred)

Seffbasilisk
2009-01-01, 09:32 AM
Why a mask? Just asking.

Also, my resolutions:
1. Get stable, since I'm in a rough place atm, and I want to fix that.
2. Stand with the woman I love at the stroke of midnight this time next year. :smallcool:

That's it, easy stuff.

Ditto. With the stable, as in an improvement, not maintaining the status quo.

Coidzor
2009-01-01, 09:38 AM
I resolve to think of some resolutions, seeing as how my earlier forays either became gargantuan lists of everything wrong in my life I needed to change in order to be a paladin or... well, were a bit lame.

So I guess my first resolution is to think of some decent resolutions without going overboard.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-01, 09:41 AM
Don't screw up my exams.

Try to pick and get accepted into a good school/college thingy.

Totally Guy
2009-01-01, 10:14 AM
This year I'd like to try experimenting with social naturism. Just to see what it's like.

Berserk Monk
2009-01-01, 02:21 PM
I'm gonna:
Do some painting.
Do some exercising.
Do some writing.
Do some comic making.

Lupy
2009-01-01, 02:59 PM
I want to learn Python, Start on C, and kiss a girl. Oh, and not die in my first year of High School.

Faceist
2009-01-01, 03:07 PM
Start going to gym again. Haven't been in nearly a year. It's an issue of muscle tone, not of weight: I'm too damn skinny. Also, to learn to play my newly-acquired bass. And get a job. And get into university so I can start learning crap instead of forgetting crap by September.

Headless_Ninja
2009-01-01, 03:09 PM
Really, really, really put effort into my schoolwork (well, will hopefully be uni-work by the end of the year).

zeratul
2009-01-01, 03:25 PM
Hmmm....

1.Get at least three songs with my band completely finished, polished, and awesome.

2.Get better at doing lower register death growls

3.Get more sleep

4.build up some more muscle

well at least I'll probably do one and two......:smalltongue: