PDA

View Full Version : Good Luck, DungeonMaster77

wxdruid
2009-01-01, 12:26 AM
DungeonMaster77 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/member.php?u=13113) is deploying to Iraq - Jan 2009, (please, no discussion of politics relating to Iraq. I know it's controversial, but this is not the place), and I just thought that people on the boards should have a place to wish him good luck and to tell him how much we miss him posting on these boards.

I know he hasn't been around much, it's been due to real life taking over his life with unpleasant events. He does plan to come back and post (and if he doesn't? I'll go to his house and ... well, you can imagine what I'll do to my former DM!)

At any rate. I wish him the best of luck and to come home safely and in one piece. :smallsmile:

P.S. I will be sending him packages. If you want to include something, PM me.

Flame of Anor
2009-01-01, 01:45 AM
Aww...that's gotta be hard. Good luck, don't...you-know-what...and I'm sure we all hope you're back soon.

Mauve Shirt
2009-01-01, 01:47 AM
Good luck, DM77!

Dragonrider
2009-01-01, 01:48 AM
Good luck indeed, DM77. Be safe! :smallsmile:

ghost_warlock
2009-01-01, 02:08 AM
Wow... Yeah, DM77, I know I don't really know you, but take care of yourself, man.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-01, 02:26 AM
Keep your head down, man. Stay safe, and all that other stuff you're probably sick of hearing.
Good luck, brother.

Lord Herman
2009-01-01, 06:58 AM
Good luck, DM77! I hope you can do some good out there.

Boo
2009-01-01, 07:07 AM
Presuming DM's from America...

Remember that when you get back, you have to visit New York, New York. It's a wonderful town. Remeber: The Bronx is up, but the Battery's down.

Aside from making old film references, good luck!

Seffbasilisk
2009-01-01, 07:46 AM
Good luck, and try not to shoot any relatives of mine.

EmeraldRose
2009-01-01, 07:59 AM
Have a good tour! Try not to work out too much, and I hope it's incredibly boring for you the whole time.

*wishes of coming home safely*

ufo
2009-01-01, 08:01 AM
Good luck, take care down there. It's not like I support the war (oh my! He wandered into politics!), but I trust that you're doing this only for the money :smallwink:

Again, good luck. Don't get shot and try to miss the enemy as much as possible :smalltongue:

Castaras
2009-01-01, 09:21 AM
Good luck DM77! Come back soon, we need your Werewolf expertise again!

Fredthefighter
2009-01-01, 09:28 AM
Although I do not know DungeonMaster77, I will miss him all the same, wish him good luck and hope he returns home both soon and safely.
God speed to you.

Adumbration
2009-01-01, 09:33 AM
Good luck... I guess I can't tell you to have fun, which makes this lopsided, but good luck anyway.

Mr. Mud
2009-01-01, 10:29 AM
Wow... Yeah, DM77, I know I don't really know you, but take care of yourself, man.

My words exactly man, best of luck. And the playground's thoughts and prayers will be with you. :smallbiggrin:

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-01-01, 11:32 AM
Good luck. Prepare to become really good at Guitar Hero/Rock Band.

Pwenet
2009-01-01, 11:46 AM
Good luck over there.

Solaris
2009-01-01, 12:04 PM
Well, depending on where he's going, it's not nearly so bad as the civilians think.
Then again, I'm an unmarried, single troop with no kids who's living out in the middle of nowhere (No brass? No problem!) in northern Iraq. If you actually have family you enjoy seeing, then this occupation sucks. The MWR is your friend, DM77. Learn it, love it, use it. You should post - and remember, excuses are like... well, y'know, they stink.

Words of Advice, in case it's your first deployment:
We're doing good things over here now, bro. The locals know us now, they know our mission. That, and you're coming over just as the Iraq government's really starting to take over - so don't be a freakin' cowboy, a'ight? You're not allowed to resist arrest, 'specially not before I do. Believe me, it was a day of mourning when we heard SOFA was passing and thus we couldn't... um, nevermind.
Hey, nothing happens to the ones who don't pull out in front of the big honkin' slab of armor with wheels and a bumper bigger than them.
Also, it's cold right now. If you're coming to northern Iraq, I pity you, you poor damned fool. If you didn't listen to your NCOs and left your cold-weather gear back home, you're going to regret it when you're sitting in a tower, zero degrees outside, in a windstorm that you just swear could lift a man and fly him like a kite if only he had a poncho tied to his limbs.
Not that I've ever tried it or anything.
Camel spiders are your friends. Just don't look them in the eyes. They don't like that. I once had to rescue a battle buddy who made that mistake. I found him trapped up in a tower, a camel spider spouting profane Spanglish at him if he so much as moved a muscle. Don't be that guy.
Lieutenants are there to be messed with. I conduct psychological experiments on mine every day I roll out with him, and so should you. God knows we'll be having the time on our hands now.
If you don't line your ACH with tinfoil, it all makes sense.

If it isn't:
Dude, what were you thinking? Repeat after me: The Re-Enlistment NCO is not my friend. He's a hezrou.
Just ask the guy with a tinfoil-lined ACH.

Mr. Mud
2009-01-01, 12:08 PM
Heh... Solaris, and GM, I'm looking up to guys, 'cause someday i home to be half as awesome and become a Marine... I come from a long line of military men, and I know how much you guys are sacrificing... Stay Safe GM.

Thes Hunter
2009-01-01, 01:40 PM
Good luck, and thank you for serving our country.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-01, 01:52 PM
*Luck!*

come back in one piece, kay?

Lupy
2009-01-01, 02:57 PM
Thanks for serving DM77!

I hope it's incredibly boring and all you do is paperwork.

Headless_Ninja
2009-01-01, 03:02 PM
Best of luck. Take care of yourself, and stay positive. We'll look forwards to hearing from you soon.

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-02, 02:16 AM
Well, depending on where he's going, it's not nearly so bad as the civilians think.
Then again, I'm an unmarried, single troop with no kids who's living out in the middle of nowhere (No brass? No problem!) in northern Iraq. If you actually have family you enjoy seeing, then this occupation sucks. The MWR is your friend, DM77. Learn it, love it, use it. You should post - and remember, excuses are like... well, y'know, they stink.

We're doing good things over here now, bro. The locals know us now, they know our mission. That, and you're coming over just as the Iraq government's really starting to take over - so don't be a freakin' cowboy, a'ight? You're not allowed to resist arrest, 'specially not before I do. Believe me, it was a day of mourning when we heard SOFA was passing and thus we couldn't... um, nevermind.
Hey, nothing happens to the ones who don't pull out in front of the big honkin' slab of armor with wheels and a bumper bigger than them.
Also, it's cold right now. If you're coming to northern Iraq, I pity you, you poor damned fool. If you didn't listen to your NCOs and left your cold-weather gear back home, you're going to regret it when you're sitting in a tower, zero degrees outside, in a windstorm that you just swear could lift a man and fly him like a kite if only he had a poncho tied to his limbs.
Camel spiders are your friends. Just don't look them in the eyes. They don't like that. I once had to rescue a battle buddy who made that mistake. I found him trapped up in a tower, a camel spider spouting profane Spanglish at him if he so much as moved a muscle. Don't be that guy.
Lieutenants are there to be messed with. I conduct psychological experiments on mine every day I roll out with him, and so should you. God knows we'll be having the time on our hands now.

If it isn't:
Dude, what were you thinking? Repeat after me: The Re-Enlistment NCO is not my friend. He's a hezrou.

Dude - You. Me. WXDruid. Bonecrusher. DM77, Rappongi. ASAP.
I'll be the designated guy-who-knows-the-way-to-the-train.

Or not, you know, geographic stuff and all.

I'll re-iterate. Good Luck down there, DM. Head down and all.

bored_teen
2009-01-03, 03:05 PM
Good luck, and don't roll natural 1s. Those can be killer.

turkishproverb
2009-01-03, 03:10 PM
Best of luck.

Mr. Moon
2009-01-03, 04:38 PM
Good luck. Don't get shot or anything. That'd be, you know... bad.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-03, 07:54 PM
Presuming DM's from America...

Remember that when you get back, you have to visit New York, New York. It's a wonderful town. Remeber: The Bronx is up, but the Battery's down.

The people ride in a hole in the ground… :smallwink:

Anywho, g'luck, DM! Get back safe! :smallsmile:

Moff Chumley
2009-01-03, 09:14 PM

If it isn't:

You. Blog. Now.

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-01-04, 02:38 AM
Good luck!!!

Hope to talk to ya when ya get back!!

The Valiant Turtle
2009-01-05, 08:21 PM
Good luck and be safe DM77, may the baner protect you every night. (Just in case there's werewolves over there too)

someonenonotyou
2009-01-05, 11:02 PM
Good luck, DM77! be safe

Sneak
2009-01-05, 11:04 PM
Good luck! Be safe!

Groundhog
2009-01-05, 11:13 PM
Be safe. That's all I can say.

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-01-05, 11:42 PM
Dude - You. Me. WXDruid. Bonecrusher. DM77, Rappongi. ASAP.
I'll be the designated guy-who-knows-the-way-to-the-train.

Or not, you know, geographic stuff and all.

I'll re-iterate. Good Luck down there, DM. Head down and all.

I don't quite understand this thing about a train, but whatever it is, I'm interested! :smalltongue:
I know of a few more military ITP as well. Perhaps we should form a support group, though unfortunately it has proven through the centuries to be impossible to separate the military and politics.

Zeb The Troll
2009-01-06, 02:25 AM
Well wishes from Grandma and Grandpa's house too. We hope to have you back posting in the WW games with the same number of appendages you have now.

If you're heading to Basra, send me a PM. I've got a dear friend headed there within the month and I'd like to pass on a surprise hello. :smallsmile:

skywalker
2009-01-06, 03:01 AM
I know of a few more military ITP as well.

Big ups and support to all the guys and gals out there working to keep us safe. Even if you aren't broadcasting it to the forums, big respect.

Stay safe to everybody!

Almighty Salmon
2009-01-06, 03:06 AM
Good luck, DM77, and everyone else out there!

wxdruid
2009-01-11, 05:40 PM
Well...he should be there by now. Yesterday was his RNLTD (report no later than date). I believe this is his third deployment. He's been to Afghanistan, Qatar and now Iraq. I've been to Iraq and Qatar.

Sucrose
2009-01-11, 06:55 PM
Well, on the off-chance that you have a chance to look at the forums on-base, I wish you the same luck as everyone else, DungeonMaster77. Take care of yourself.

Solaris
2009-01-12, 02:20 AM
I don't quite understand this thing about a train, but whatever it is, I'm interested! :smalltongue:
I know of a few more military ITP as well. Perhaps we should form a support group, though unfortunately it has proven through the centuries to be impossible to separate the military and politics.
Or at least the slowest-ever PbP game on the forum. I can DM - living in a tower provides plenty of free time.

Val
2009-01-12, 02:21 AM
Listen to everything Sol tells you. Including when he tells you that no, the giant kite he's attaching to you isn't going to make you fly away, there's nothing to worry about, and just let him keep doing it. Even when he attaches a spool of cable to your ankle.

_Zoot_
2009-01-12, 07:41 AM
Good luck! Don't do any thing stupid that might get you hurt....

Fin
2009-01-12, 08:28 AM
Hey good luck dude, gonna second the quiet term of boringness though. The less excitement you have out there the better. Stay safe, your doing a very brave job!

Lerky
2009-01-12, 03:25 PM
good luck DM77. You got more guts than me:smalltongue:

Thanatos 51-50
2009-01-12, 05:46 PM

Er.... Mass transit is big here in Japan, you see, and they use trains.
I know where aforementioned trains are, you see...

Rappongi is a district in Tokyo. Lots of bars and stuff.

Falconer
2009-01-12, 07:47 PM
Good luck, DM.

Oh, and let me say this: you are not allowed to get hurt. If you get hurt, I will hunt you down. Unless they turn out to be really badass-looking scars. But probably not even then.

Solaris
2009-01-13, 06:35 AM
Er.... Mass transit is big here in Japan, you see, and they use trains.
I know where aforementioned trains are, you see...

Rappongi is a district in Tokyo. Lots of bars and stuff.

Ah. I'm gonna hit you up on my post-deployment leave, then.

DungeonMaster77
2009-01-27, 03:23 AM
WOW...I mean...WOW...thank you all for your well-wishing and support. I...for once, am almost literally at a loss for words. Seriously...

I know a ton of you, and miss you all a lot. Not sure what WXDruid shared, but with some recent issues in my life as well as the current deployment I am on, I've not been able to post in a LONG time. That said, I intend to ease my way back in. I might join a game of WWC before taking over as Narrator again. And with the exception of travel time to and from Balad AB (where I am in Iraq), I will be posting much more often. I have missed you all. And though I won't make it this year, next year I will join you all that will be at GenCon. Thanks again for the well-wishing!

Roll well, keep your swords polished, and until next we meet....

Zeb The Troll
2009-01-27, 05:33 AM
WOW...I mean...WOW...thank you all for your well-wishing and support. I...for once, am almost literally at a loss for words. Seriously...

I know a ton of you, and miss you all a lot. Not sure what WXDruid shared, but with some recent issues in my life as well as the current deployment I am on, I've not been able to post in a LONG time. That said, I intend to ease my way back in. I might join a game of WWC before taking over as Narrator again. And with the exception of travel time to and from Balad AB (where I am in Iraq), I will be posting much more often. I have missed you all. And though I won't make it this year, next year I will join you all that will be at GenCon. Thanks again for the well-wishing!

Roll well, keep your swords polished, and until next we meet....I'll be on the lookout for you there, then!

*polishes dice, throws sword* :smallcool:

Alarra
2009-01-27, 09:11 AM
Hey! Glad to see you're back to posting again. You've definitely been missed. *hugs*

Felixaar
2009-01-27, 07:43 PM
Good luck from me too, mate - With a bit of luck, I might turn up to GenCon as well, and we'll swap war stories. Or you'll just tell them to me since any of mine would be total lies.

Cheers and best of luck.

KregTheDestroyr
2009-04-12, 03:02 PM

Roll well, keep your swords polished, and until next we meet....

who uses swords? oh wait everyone but me....anyways I would wish you luck but cant for 3 reasons 1) your bout to leave 2) we are here together and my favorite number 3) I ROLLED A 4!!!!