2009-01-01, 06:54 AM
Creation
Conjuration
Level: Sor/Wiz 7
Components: V, M, XP
Casting Time: See Text
Range: Personal, or within 5ft
Duration: Permanent
Saving Throw: None(harmless)...(mostly harmless)
SR: No

The sorcerer or wizard through sheer mental effort wills any item they would normally be able to create from their spell list into existence. This comes at a great cost to the caster however, and items created in such a fashion certainly aren't free.

Items that are created with the Creation spell modify the casting time. It takes 1 round/1000gp in the base price of the item to cast the spell. Before beginning their casting sequence, a sorcerer or wizard must utter the name of the item they wish to create. Upon completion the item appears the caster's hand, or within 5 feet, accompanied by a faint popping noise.

Material Component: 1.5x the amount of gold it would require to create the item as well as 2x the experience cost(if applicable).

I was reading through the DM guide and I wanted a faster way of creating magic items, so I came up with this spell. I figure, for being able to have nearly any item on hand at all times (essentially) that by increasing the gold and XP costs of item creation significantly, it couldn't be thought of as grossly overpowered. This way, it takes pretty much only a few minutes to will any item into existence at great cost.

Brom
2009-01-01, 11:42 AM
I like it.

*thumbs up*

Innis Cabal
2009-01-01, 11:46 AM
This is way to powerful...more so for the wizard with all the free feats they gat at this point, but regardless.

All a wizard has to do is wake up knowing he wants to make a weapon or item thats way to powerful for the level, make it and sell it. Bamp. Free money. Even if the money and XP is nearly and actually double. There are ways to abuse this.

Item creation should not be fixed by a spell.

Brom
2009-01-01, 12:19 PM
Ah, didn't notice that this was for magical item creation.

No, stick to the item creation feats in the DMG. Wizards have to labor over those for hours and days and weeks and months for reasons.

Elana
2009-01-01, 12:26 PM
But item creation is already fixed by a spell.

it is called Wish.

the difference here is, that it is 7th level instead of 9th and adds in a gold component.

But if you want to save money, buy a wish scroll for 28,825 gp.
A standard wish can make any item with an XP cost of 2,500 or less.
(Enough to create items with a base price of 62,500. So instant profit)

DracoDei
2009-01-01, 02:43 PM
Huh, orginally I thought there was a gp cap on Wish but it turns out that is only of NON-magical items... for magic items it is just that it costs twice as much XP as the item would normally require, PLUS 5,000 on to of that doubled total.

Non-trivial to find buyers when you get into items that make the +5,000 part of that equation mathmatically non-dominant...